• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got an orikin reactor for Wisp, which I'm thinking will be my main. But can anyone suggest which mods should be priority for it? Seems people build all sorts of ways with it. I have noticed flow shows up a lot too, is there a good mission to go for that one? I only have a flawed version.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
I have noticed flow shows up a lot too, is there a good mission to go for that one? I only have a flawed version.

Ask for one in clan chat next time you're on. Somebody is sure to give you one since it's not really that rare (but it'll feel rare if you're farming for it), and most have moved on to Primed Flow anyway.

If you want to farm it for principle's sake, I'd suggest Heiracon Pluto. It's a T3 Excavation, isn't too difficult, and will get you a bunch of endo, cryotic and relics for your trouble. It's also a pretty good place to level gear.

Last edited:

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ask for one in clan chat next time you're on. Somebody is sure to give you one since it's not really that rare (but it'll feel rare if you're farming for it), and most have moved on to Primed Flow anyway.

If you want to farm it for principle's sake, I'd suggest Heiracon Pluto. It's a T3 Excavation, isn't too difficult, and will get you a bu;nch of endo, cryotic and relics for your trouble. It's also a pretty good place to level gear.

Ah thanks! Yeah I think I'll try clan chat next time. Tried farming one for a few hours earlier with no luck using the void crates method. Got a couple rare but mostly dupes.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hate to post twice in a row but I really need someone to explain the open world gameplay to me. I just don't get what I'm doing wrong. So ideally I'd like to take on a doma, or an eidolon but I'll take whatever comes up. But joining a match literally always results in everyone leaving immediately no matter the outcome. Like we can spawn on an eidolon and everyone will leave, even though they're a good few levels below me.

What am I missing here?

Broken Locks

Dec 10, 2018
I hate to post twice in a row but I really need someone to explain the open world gameplay to me. I just don't get what I'm doing wrong. So ideally I'd like to take on a doma, or an eidolon but I'll take whatever comes up. But joining a match literally always results in everyone leaving immediately no matter the outcome. Like we can spawn on an eidolon and everyone will leave, even though they're a good few levels below me.

What am I missing here?

Ok, so with Eidolons it sounds like you are loading directly into the plains and hoping for the best? Thats not a great idea, especially for eidos. They have a bounty thats only available at night from Konzu. If you select that in Cetus first you will be matched with other people looking to hunt. Word of warning though. That is one activity in the game that requires a fairly meta setup and some group coordination and know how. Trying to play in pub while you learn it (and likely not geared very well for it) may not be the best idea. Best to have someone in the clan (or someone you might know, that knows what they're doing) run you through it once or twice first.

I run them fairly often and there's a number of others in the clan that I've done them with, that know what they're doing as well. In fact, two of us took another new guy on his 1st hunt a few days ago. So ask in clan, or if you see me on (lox769) I'll be happy to help. I might need 1 other though, as I'm not quite strong enough to carry them on my own.

Doma's are a little different. You can't actually select any activity to group for them, they spawn randomly on the plains during the day. With that said Doma's, being the high level of a thumper, only spawn if you select the highest tier bounty 1st from Konzu, otherwise you will get the regular versions. They're not quite as challenging as eidolons, but the Domas in particular, you will likely need some help. So again, recurring theme, ask in clan or if you see me on I can kill them pretty quickly solo and be happy to help.

So aside from that, early on in the game, anything above the 1st or maybe second tier bounty, will likely be pretty tough to do without some help. I mentioned earlier in the thread but both the open worlds are a little bit of a honey trap early on for new players. They're really more designed for mid-late game players and having access so early can lead to people getting well in over there heads. Not to say you should completely ignore it for now, but at the same time, I'd probably look at trying to progress around the star chart and get all the story quests done as a higher priority first

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018

What am I missing here?

What's your ingame name?

Mine's Bitmap Frogs.

Holler me in-game and I'll have a chat with you :)

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so with Eidolons it sounds like you are loading directly into the plains and hoping for the best? Thats not a great idea, especially for eidos. They have a bounty thats only available at night from Konzu. If you select that in Cetus first you will be matched with other people looking to hunt. Word of warning though. That is one activity in the game that requires a fairly meta setup and some group coordination and know how. Trying to play in pub while you learn it (and likely not geared very well for it) may not be the best idea. Best to have someone in the clan (or someone you might know, that knows what they're doing) run you through it once or twice first.

I run them fairly often and there's a number of others in the clan that I've done them with, that know what they're doing as well. In fact, two of us took another new guy on his 1st hunt a few days ago. So ask in clan, or if you see me on (lox769) I'll be happy to help. I might need 1 other though, as I'm not quite strong enough to carry them on my own.

Doma's are a little different. You can't actually select any activity to group for them, they spawn randomly on the plains during the day. With that said Doma's, being the high level of a thumper, only spawn if you select the highest tier bounty 1st from Konzu, otherwise you will get the regular versions. They're not quite as challenging as eidolons, but the Domas in particular, you will likely need some help. So again, recurring theme, ask in clan or if you see me on I can kill them pretty quickly solo and be happy to help.

So aside from that, early on in the game, anything above the 1st or maybe second tier bounty, will likely be pretty tough to do without some help. I mentioned earlier in the thread but both the open worlds are a little bit of a honey trap early on for new players. They're really more designed for mid-late game players and having access so early can lead to people getting well in over there heads. Not to say you should completely ignore it for now, but at the same time, I'd probably look at trying to progress around the star chart and get all the story quests done as a higher priority first

Ah thanks! I finally figured out the Doma spawn system by luck and got that out of the way. You're right though, those missions are a bit harder and kinda depends on me getting a few MR10 or higher players in the match. Didn't know the eidolons was also attached to a quest though, would explain why random matching hasn't gone well and had more success leaving from Cetus with a mission in general.

Tbh I had been sticking with the story missions but I was waiting on a blueprint to continue one and the next requires a certain rank with one of the groups in cetus via sentient cores so I figured it's a good idea to work out the system now. Also found the tenno lab and others at the dojo last night though so I shouldn't be roadblocked on MR again for a long time now whereas I've been hovering at 8 for a while after finishing all the credits bought weapons.

May have to take you up on the guide sometime. My understanding of the actual eidolon fight is definitely limited lol. Worked out you use the tenno beam to deplete the first bar but after that it seems to require normal weapons, but my damage at that stage is next to nothing. I'd assumed it doesn't die but guess you need to be much better equipped.

What's your ingame name?

Mine's Bitmap Frogs.

Holler me in-game and I'll have a chat with you :)

Dyno_PS. Thanks I'll give you a shout next time were both on.

Akai_XIII

Oct 26, 2017
Eidolons:
Stage 1: Gather some lures (the floating drone things).
Stage 2: Charge the lures by killing the Vomvalysts with your operator near the lures (the yellow icon will change blue when charged)
Stage 3: Take on the Teralyst - take it's shields down using the operators amp.
Stage 4: Once the shields are down it'll flash red, at this point shoot the Synovias (2 arms, 2 knees).
Repeat Stage 3+4 until all 4 are destroyed.
Stage 5: Once all 4 are destroyed it'll fall to the floor, once it gets back up shoot it with weapons.
Stage 6: If you have enough charged Lures you'll capture it, if not, kill it (capture is better).

The Hydrolyst and Gantulyst have more Synovias and different attacks, but it's the same process. To summon the other Eidolons you go to a pedastal in the Gara Toht Lake and place the eidolon shard you received from the previous Eidolon.

Tips:
A sniper is a good choice for Eidolon damage, combine Heat + Electric to make Radiation - it does more damage.

Equip Arcane Nullifiers (they drop from the Teralyst) to avoid the magnetic status (all three do this blast upon a Synovia being destroyed). This can be avoided by using Oberons 2 (Hallowed Ground) or Harrows 4 (Covenant). Cast these after it falls down.

Try to build a 223 amp - use secondary fire, not primary. It hits multiple times. 223 refers to the tiers that you unlock and prism, scaffold, brace. Shwaak (Prism, 2), Lohrin (Scaffold, 2), Shraksun (Brace, 3). X23 - the X is any brace you like. Prisms only effect overall stats and primary fire so if you'd prefer to use something else feel free.

IIRC the lures required to capture are as follows:
Teralyst - 1
Gantulyst - 3
Hydrolyst - 3

Good weapons to use:
Lanka/Rubico Prime

If you don't have access to those, use one of these:
Vectis/Prime
Vulkar/Wraith
Snipetron

Status effects don't work on Eidolons, go for high crit chance, crit damage and as much radiation damage as you can. Some of the above may not fit perfectly, but work with what you've got. If you haven't got any of the above go for the previously mentioned CC/CD/Rad on a rifle.

Oberon is a good frame to start with - you can heal with his 3, avoid the status procs with 2. Other frames commonly used in the fight are:
Rhino - damage (Roar)
Harrow - support/damage (Covenant)
Trinity - support (Blessing)
Volt - damage boost (Electric Shield)
Chroma - damage (Vex Armour)

For more details:

Last edited:

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Sounds like good coverage on Eidolons.

As for Thumpers, I've found that if you go into a public bounty 5, search for the Thumper via archwing, and mark it, randos will usually help take it down without too much fuss. Bringing Nova helps the randoms quite a bit, and makes it more likely that they'll stay and help help you out. Generally, lesser Thumpers spawn near the Cetus door and higher Thumpers are more in the hills.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ah thanks for the breakdown. There was definitely a lot I wasnt really understanding going in then. Luckily I should be pretty ready to go with Vulkar since no Lanka or Rubico prime yet, and I'm generally usually leaning toward high crit chance and damage in my current setup anyway. I might need to work on another frame to be of use though, did have Rhino but eventually sold it for slot space. Think I'm on my way to Chroma though so will probably go for that.

Thanks for the thumper tips too. Another thing I could probably be using a different frame for. Been sticking with Wisp for now since it's one of few that has 60 capacity but realistically it seems kinda useless in the open world areas since Sol Gate doesn't seem to effect eidolons and the buffs are hard to get much use out of.

Broken Locks

Dec 10, 2018

As for Thumpers, I've found that if you go into a public bounty 5, search for the Thumper via archwing, and mark it, randos will usually help take it down without too much fuss. Bringing Nova helps the randoms quite a bit, and makes it more likely that they'll stay and help help you out. Generally, lesser Thumpers spawn near the Cetus door and higher Thumpers are more in the hills.

No need for Nova if you have Zenuriks temporal blast. Slows it just fine.

Ah thanks for the breakdown. There was definitely a lot I wasnt really understanding going in then. Luckily I should be pretty ready to go with Vulkar since no Lanka or Rubico prime yet, and I'm generally usually leaning toward high crit chance and damage in my current setup anyway. I might need to work on another frame to be of use though, did have Rhino but eventually sold it for slot space. Think I'm on my way to Chroma though so will probably go for that.

Thanks for the thumper tips too. Another thing I could probably be using a different frame for. Been sticking with Wisp for now since it's one of few that has 60 capacity but realistically it seems kinda useless in the open world areas since Sol Gate doesn't seem to effect eidolons and the buffs are hard to get much use out of.

You could use worse then Wisp. Fire rate and health buffs are handy, well anywhere. Fire rate for Thumpers is especially a good thing for most weapons. Also Eidolons can only be affected by operator amps durings its shield phase and only weapon damage, not warframe abilities, once they're down. Thats why frames who can buff there own weapon damage (Chroma or Rhino for example) are popular choices for those.

Also if you were thinking about investing in Chroma then I'd suggest trying to get a hold of the prime, and only getting the base version for the mastery. Its arguably easier to get the bits all together then his regular version. Thats also a trend you'll probably see with a few other frames as well.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the tips here guys. I've been killing teralysts pretty easy now and even got a run all the way through the hydrolyst too. Managed to get to grips with a bunch of the other features in the open world too like the fishing and mining. I do have a few questions again though.

I guess I'm nearing the end of the guided progress. I have a couple more quests left to clean up and one last junction to open but I'm not sure what to do after that other than grind MR until I can take on the endgame quests in the list that go up to lvl 100. The Rapopalyst boss was tied to a hidden quest though so I'm wondering if maybe there's more hidden stuff like that to be found?

So I guess my question is what's the typical progress path beyond the quests and unlocking the map?

You could use worse then Wisp. Fire rate and health buffs are handy, well anywhere. Fire rate for Thumpers is especially a good thing for most weapons. Also Eidolons can only be affected by operator amps durings its shield phase and only weapon damage, not warframe abilities, once they're down. Thats why frames who can buff there own weapon damage (Chroma or Rhino for example) are popular choices for those.

Also if you were thinking about investing in Chroma then I'd suggest trying to get a hold of the prime, and only getting the base version for the mastery. Its arguably easier to get the bits all together then his regular version. Thats also a trend you'll probably see with a few other frames as well.

Yeah I noticed that with equinox tbh. I got my hands on the prime well before the standard since that drop table was absolutely brutal.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Now it's just perfecting builds, farming mods and riven mods, getting new stuff to level and/or experiment with, and eventually tackling some of the higher level stuff like Arbitrations and Elite Sanctuary Onslaught. Then you pop in for daily sorties, weekly nightwave, and grab event stuff (including unvaults) as it cycles through.

I don't ever suggest grinding for levels, syndicate standing or focus. Just do what you'd normally want to do and that will all come passively as long as you give some thought to how you equip it.

And finally, fashion frame, which everyone knows is the true endgame.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Now it's just perfecting builds, farming mods and riven mods, getting new stuff to level and/or experiment with, and eventually tackling some of the higher level stuff like Arbitrations and Elite Sanctuary Onslaught. Then you pop in for daily sorties, weekly nightwave, and grab event stuff (including unvaults) as it cycles through.

I don't ever suggest grinding for levels, syndicate standing or focus. Just do what you'd normally want to do and that will all come passively as long as you give some thought to how you equip it.

And finally, fashion frame, which everyone knows is the true endgame.

Ah awesome. Now's as good a time as any I guess then to really start looking into building out my wisp better, picking better weapons and building them up etc.

Kinda surprised how much of the content I've been able to get through with the bare minimum. Wisp, Quanta and Skiajati have gone a hell of a long way with only some basic mods.

I do need to get into the trading eventually too. Got quite a few fashion items that already caught my eye.

Edit: by the way are there any primed mods that I should be prioritizing getting my hands on this week? Figured maybe melee status chance perhaps since the rest is all pistols.

Last edited:

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Primed mods...

Very high priority: Continuity, Flow, Point Blank, Pressure Point, Reach, Target Cracker, Pistol Gambit

Priority: Ravage, Fever Strike, Cryo Rounds, Heated Charge, Charged Shell, anything for archwing or sentinel

Login Rewards in order I'd choose: Fury, Sure Footed, Vigor, Shred

Don't worry about most of the others or get them later when you have more ducats.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ah thanks a bunch! No high priorities up this week then unfortunately but grabbed primed fever strike at least. Seems to be good timing for this guy to show up since I've spent most of today (unsuccessfully) churning through void relics for Tiberon prime parts. I'm assuming the rates must be pretty low even with fully refined relics since iv burned through about 8 maxed meso T1s with no rare so far.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC

Yep. Top tier bounties guarantees the Domas will spawn as it forces the instance to make everything high level that spawns after you select the bounty. As long as you wait until you get to a non-time sensitive part of the bounty chain, you can go hunt it at your leisure. Its pretty much the only way to have some control over what tier of thumper spawns.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Ah thanks a bunch! No high priorities up this week then unfortunately but grabbed primed fever strike at least. Seems to be good timing for this guy to show up since I've spent most of today (unsuccessfully) churning through void relics for Tiberon prime parts. I'm assuming the rates must be pretty low even with fully refined relics since iv burned through about 8 maxed meso T1s with no rare so far.

My advice for someone in your situation is to not try to farm specific prime weapons unless they're new or recently unvaulted. Instead, just run tons of random relics on fissures that give relics back on early rotations (defense, intercept, spy, anything in the void). Worst case, you get some ducats and forma. Best case, randoms load vaulted and refined relics, and you'll be surprised at what you accidentally get. Most of those missions are also great for leveling.

Most importantly, you'll avoid some of the frustration of fighting with RNG and will always be pleased with what you get.

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
My advice for someone in your situation is to not try to farm specific prime weapons unless they're new or recently unvaulted. Instead, just run tons of random relics on fissures that give relics back on early rotations (defense, intercept, spy, anything in the void). Worst case, you get some ducats and forma. Best case, randoms load vaulted and refined relics, and you'll be surprised at what you accidentally get. Most of those missions are also great for leveling.

Most importantly, you'll avoid some of the frustration of fighting with RNG and will always be pleased with what you get.

That is good advice right there.

When I came back after a 4-5 year hiatus, all I did was running relics non-stop. No specific targets in mind, just running relics. You'd be surprised how often people pop vaulted relics. I also used this site https://tenno.zone/ to track my progress to help me narrow my focus towards what I needed or was missing.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ah thanks! Yeah trying to grab a couple meta weapons right ow is proving a bit of a slog lol. Luckily I've had a stash of like 30+ of some of these meso relics due to running the crap out of Jupiter and Saturn defense for levelling lol.

Really need to do the same with some of these other maps though as my axi, neo and lith collections are tiny by comparison. Think today I'll try pick some that will pay out relics while burning through some. At the least, I should be able to make a load of MR fodder

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
I'd be taking shred first out of all those, except maybe fury

I could probably swap shred and vigor. Neither gets any use really. Edit: I'm hard pressed to think of a single gun that I want fire rate on that doesn't also have innate punch thru...bows and charged beams.

Sure Footed is pretty wonderful against Profit Taker.

Fury goes on most melee builds.

Last edited:

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Getting some of these mods is really annoying. So I'm running the void missions checking the crates, or trying to. Someone always joins and runs straight to the end dragging me out of the mission. Is there some way to stop that from happening cause I'm getting absolutely nowhere and end up just having to abort all the time

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Getting some of these mods is really annoying. So I'm running the void missions checking the crates, or trying to. Someone always joins and runs straight to the end dragging me out of the mission. Is there some way to stop that from happening cause I'm getting absolutely nowhere and end up just having to abort all the time

Change your matchmaking settings from public to friends only, invite only, or solo. Its the wireframe globe symbol next to your profile pic

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Discord is dead afaik, and OP left the game and thread forever ago. We should probably consider starting a part 2.

Broken Locks

Dec 10, 2018
We really should have a discord. Everyone stopped using the last one around the time I joined it too. Which I'm SURE was just a coincidence...

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
Primed mods...

Very high priority: Continuity, Flow, Point Blank, Pressure Point, Reach, Target Cracker, Pistol Gambit

Priority: Ravage, Fever Strike, Cryo Rounds, Heated Charge, Charged Shell, anything for archwing or sentinel

Login Rewards in order I'd choose: Fury, Sure Footed, Vigor, Shred
Thanks for this, nice to know what mods to look out for...

Broken Locks

Dec 10, 2018
So I looked into why Frogs was banned and it led me down a pretty sordid path and opened my eyes to a few things going on at this site (not in this thread to be clear). I'm not comfortable posting in a place like this, so this will probably be my last post here, at least for a while. It never really felt like 'home', like the old place did for a long time anyway. This is about the only place I've posted since joining too, hence why I was blind to some of the things that go outside of here until recently.

I'm also not entirely comfortable having the Reset Era name attached to me in game, but I don't wanna leave a clan I've been a part of for 4 years or so over something like that, so I'll stick around for now.

Also, I didn't really wanna have to make a post like this, and I hate creating drama but I thought eventually at least a couple of people may wonder where I went.

Anyway, see ya's in game! (when there's something to do again)

If a mod see's this and this place is consistent, then this post will prob get me banned anyway. Shrug

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
@lox, I hadn't noticed about bit to be honest, but now I'm kind of curious. Edit: I sadly looked. Seems like he said he was done anyway or at least agreed with someone who was.

Anyway, same, I really only post in this thread. Imagine you could continue to do so without any issues as well. All you really have to do is stay out of controversial topics, right? Same as it ever was...on either forum.

Last edited:

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Kind of a busy week for me, so I probably won't get to farm new stuff till the weekend, which is fine. Not hitting MR28 any time soon.

Akai_XIII

Oct 26, 2017
Gauss and Acceltra Forma'd - 2 for Gauss (max Duration, range dump stat), 3 for Acceltra (Hunters Munition/Viral).

Loving Acceltra, so much fun to use. Gauss is OK, the AoE skill is meh and the others I need to play around with a bit more. Disruption is a lot more fun now though, need to try the Kuva version.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
I really do like this game at a base level but most of my progress remaining being tied to the open world kinda kills it for me. I don't like the constant guesswork of what items are better for crafting or rep use. And I don't love that the nature of the open world means you can kinda waste your time.

Nor do I like trying to do Eidolon runs. I'm sure if I worked at it I could find a group to do it with on a consistent basis, but my playtime is extraordinarily inconsistent so it'd be tough.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Once you sort out the
I really do like this game at a base level but most of my progress remaining being tied to the open world kinda kills it for me. I don't like the constant guesswork of what items are better for crafting or rep use. And I don't love that the nature of the open world means you can kinda waste your time.

Nor do I like trying to do Eidolon runs. I'm sure if I worked at it I could find a group to do it with on a consistent basis, but my playtime is extraordinarily inconsistent so it'd be tough.

Once you sort through the economies of the open worlds, they are really quality content. And the Eidolon fights are probably the best singular moments in the game.

Give them some time, and throw any questions up here. :)

SaltySakura

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone give me an estimated price for this Tigris Riven?

Tigris Hexades
MR16
maxed stats no rolls:
+59,9% Status Chance
+56,3% Status Duration