• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
PSA: This is the last week to get the Pathocyst and spend your Nightwave credits.

3 days left.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Clan update:

I'll be clearing a few inactive people and recruiting a few vets over the next week or two.

If you haven't logged in for a month or more, please do.

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
So I got 214 plat that I would like to spend on getting some Prime Warframes, was wondering if people had any specific frames they would recommend going for?

Prime Warframes I already have:

Ash Prime
Mirage Prime
Nekros Prime
Zephyr Prime

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
So I got 214 plat that I would like to spend on getting some Prime Warframes, was wondering if people had any specific frames they would recommend going for?

Prime Warframes I already have:

Ash Prime
Mirage Prime
Nekros Prime
Zephyr Prime

Save the plat and grab Saryn and Valkyr while they're unvaulted. All of their relics are in bounties on Cetus/Fortuna.

Indurian

Oct 27, 2017
Save the plat and grab Saryn and Valkyr while they're unvaulted. All of their relics are in bounties on Cetus/Fortuna.
I will second this. Save the plat go for frames you can get from relics. You can get Limbo, Chroma, Mesa, Equinox, Wukong, and Atlas too.

Can't go wrong with any of those... except Limbo and Atlas.

I'm always up for relic farming / sharing if you need any help.

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
I will second this. Save the plat go for frames you can get from relics. You can get Limbo, Chroma, Mesa, Equinox, Wukong, and Atlas too.
Thanks for the replies, I went on and did bounties for an hour earlier today but the random nature of the reward honestly made me feel like I was wasting my time and was actively making me dislike the game.

I don't mind grinds if the end result are known (leveling frames/weapons & the season passes for example) but grinding for a potential random drop doesn't sit well with me... so I'm just going to spend the plat on getting Saryn and Valkyr instead.

Found this site to use: https://ps4.warframe.market/ anyone had any experience with it?

Indurian

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the replies, I went on and did bounties for an hour earlier today but the random nature of the reward honestly made me feel like I was wasting my time and was actively making me dislike the game.

I don't mind grinds if the end result are known (leveling frames/weapons & the season passes for example) but grinding for a potential random drop doesn't sit well with me... so I'm just going to spend the plat on getting Saryn and Valkyr instead.

Found this site to use: https://ps4.warframe.market/ anyone had any experience with it?
Yes, I use it all of the time to sell stuff.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017

There's some randomness obviously, since the game is so rooted in loot drops and RNG, but you can do a focused farm very easily if you understand the process, and it's pretty quick.
  1. Look up the relics for whatever frame/weapon you want
  2. Farm those relics
  3. Leave relics "intact" for common drops or make them "radiant" for uncommon/rare drops (don't bother with any refinement in between)
  4. Filter the recruiting tab in chat for your relics, and join or assemble a group of 4 people with the same relic. This greatly increases your odds.
  5. Most parts will drop in 1-3 runs for commons, 1-4 runs for uncommons, and 1-6 runs for rares (you may get unlucky sometimes, but generally)
So if you wanted Saryn Prime:
  • Lith V6 (Bounty 2) drops Saryn Prime Blueprint (Uncommon, so radiant)
  • Neo S13 (Bounty 4) drops Saryn Prime Chassis (Rare, so radiant)
  • Axi V9 (Bounty 5) and Lith C5 (Bounty 2) drop Saryn Prime Neuroptics (Common, so intact)
  • Axi S5 (Bounty 5) and Neo S13 (Bounty 4) drop Saryn Prime Systems (Common, so intact)
A typical recruiting message would be something like: "Hosting [Lith V6 Relic] Radiant 2/4", meaning I'm hosting a group of 4 with this radiant relic, and I currently have 2 people in my squad. It may be easier when you're starting out to join other groups. Just use the filter feature in the chat to simplify things.

Note that all of the relics above are 100% unvaulted stuff, so you could make a case for running all of them radiant until you get the rare parts from each relic (and taking the commons/ucommons on the runs that don't drop rares). I scribble a list and check the parts off as I get them.

Last edited:

Akai_XIII

Oct 26, 2017
Her.

Not sure where to start with all these changes:
Want to try Ember but want a Volt made Lich...
No idea which melee weapon to use.
I still need to get the Para/last seasons boss weapon.
Barely touched this NW.
Still need to get Tekko Prime.

I did start the new Kavat incubation though.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
The lich grind is... um... a bit much. They ask you to put in so much work just for a new spin on the slot machine, I'm starting to hate the game. If you can even still call it a game. Right now it feels more like cleaning DE's game design toilet.

BlackLagoon

Oct 25, 2017
I hear having a Trinity helps, but I haven't tried to get him yet so I can't confirm
Yeah, thanks. Pulled out the old Trinity tank build and it seemed to work pretty well.

The lich grind is... um... a bit much. They ask you to put in so much work just for a new spin on the slot machine, I'm starting to hate the game. If you can even still call it a game. Right now it feels more like cleaning DE's game design toilet.
Heaven't spawned a lich yet... but yeah, everything about it seems like just another layer of grind on very familiar content. I wish they'd just do an "oldschool" new tileset + event update every now and then.

Pookmunki

Oct 27, 2017
Hi

I have become hooked again, currently trying to get to MR10 please could i get an invite to the clan?

Psn - Pookmunki

Thanks in advance.

Pookmunki

Oct 27, 2017
Have to leave your current clan first.
Sorry pal, i got an invite and assumed it was you - will leave tonight.

Finally got to the MR10 test, my ps4 is dying however so it was incredibly foggy - trying to see enemies and the disappearing platforms was too hard, will look at my settings and try again, i need that Tenora for my Octavia!

Indurian

Oct 27, 2017
How active is the ERA clan? I've been in a dead one since I started playing. The founder hasn't been on in a week and I don't have permissions to research Grendel's weapon. It makes me worried for when Rising Tide hits consoles.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
How active is the ERA clan? I've been in a dead one since I started playing. The founder hasn't been on in a week and I don't have permissions to research Grendel's weapon. It makes me worried for when Rising Tide hits consoles.

We're doing OK I think. Been cruising along since launch. Half the clan is MR25+. Everyone has the power to start research and invite friends. Grendel's weapon was funded day 1, and I don't even know who did it.

Indurian

Oct 27, 2017
We're doing OK I think. Been cruising along since launch. Half the clan is MR25+. Everyone has the power to start research and invite friends. Grendel's weapon was funded day 1, and I don't even know who did it.
That sounds a lot better than my clan. I'll probably ask for an invite when I get home from work if that's cool.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
I hate to say it, but I think I'm done with Warframe for good. It's been a great few years with it, but at some point I have to acknowledge that when I'm actively avoiding every major piece of new content because I don't enjoy it (open world/operators/Eidolons, Nightwave, and now Kuva Lich), the game just isn't for me anymore. It hurts, because I'm incredibly invested in the story and can't wait to see what happens in New War, but I just don't have fun when I'm actually playing the game these days. All that said, I do want to say thanks to everyone in the Era clan for all the help you've given me over the years. You made my time with the game so much more enjoyable.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
I hate to say it, but I think I'm done with Warframe for good. It's been a great few years with it, but at some point I have to acknowledge that when I'm actively avoiding every major piece of new content because I don't enjoy it (open world/operators/Eidolons, Nightwave, and now Kuva Lich), the game just isn't for me anymore. It hurts, because I'm incredibly invested in the story and can't wait to see what happens in New War, but I just don't have fun when I'm actually playing the game these days. All that said, I do want to say thanks to everyone in the Era clan for all the help you've given me over the years. You made my time with the game so much more enjoyable.
Not gonna lie, I've been hovering over the delete button a few times since the lich update. I've enjoyed all the newish additions until Old Blood, warts and all, but now the work:fun ratio has been skewed so far in the wrong direction, it's going to be hard to tolerate the grind unless they make some big changes real fast.
I definitely want to check out Railjack, so that will likely decide what's going to happen to my space doll collection.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Clan invites x2 sent. Welcome and welcome back.

Sorry to hear that Seraphis. I really enjoyed both open worlds, and operators have vastly improved over time, but I get it. Lichs are pretty rough, but it's end game content, so I get what they're trying to do, even if it's not very well executed yet.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I'm actually enjoying the game a bit more with the addition of liches since it lets me fight level 50+ mobs everywhere. I probably won't play non lich missions on the star chart that arent void fissures ever again. Whats actually kind of infuriating right now is trying to do these no mod, no fucking anything missions for grendel parts. Even if I succeed, i'll still be too irritated to feel any satisfaction from completing them.

BlackLagoon

Oct 25, 2017
Whats actually kind of infuriating right now is trying to do these no mod, no fucking anything missions for grendel parts. Even if I succeed, i'll still be too irritated to feel any satisfaction from completing them.
Vampire Trinity for energy/shields + Frost for globe/AoE seems to be a winning combination. Syndicate weapons like the Sancti Tigris are helpful as well. Get a decent team together and you shouldn't have too much trouble.

Indurian

Oct 27, 2017
Fyi, Lich trading is up and if you have PS+ there's a free booster pack. Has some plat, 2 7-day boosters, and a bolter (free weapon slot)

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rising Tide has arrived for us so get to building those ships and farming resources. And we didn't get the Archwing changes, but they went ahead anyways and removed Blink because logic.

Now, with Empyrean out on PC many changes have happened including a massive nerf to all Archwing guns. If you wanted to prepare your guns for it then maybe you shouldn't anymore. Per the Reddit:

Corvas: 840 (672, 84, 84) -> 350 (100 imp, 250 heat) (-58.33%)

Cyngas: 200 (66, 66, 68) -> 47.9 (15.8, 15.8, 16.3) (-76.05%)

Dual Decurion: 60 (27, 16.5, 16.5) -> 42 (18.9, 11.6, 11.5) (-30%)

Fluctus: 200 (40, 20, 140) -> 120 (24, 12, 84) (-40%)

Grattler: 175+100 (17.5+10, 140+80, 17.5+10) -> 58+90 (5.8+9, 46.4+72, 5.8+9) (-46.18%)

Imperator: 40 (16, 14, 10) -> 22 (8.8, 7.7, 5.5) (-45%)

Imperator Vandal: 40 (16, 14, 10) -> 22 (8.8, 7.7, 5.5) (-45%)

Larkspur (beam): 90 (10 imp, 80 rad) -> 32 (2 imp, 30 rad) (-64.44%)

Larkspur (bomb): 1750 (200 imp, 250 blast, 1300 rad) -> 420+800 (140+0 imp, 180+400 blast, 100+400 rad) (-30.29%)

Phaedra: 45 (11.25, 29.25, 4.5) -> 35.1 (8.8, 22.8, 3.5) (-22%)

Velocitus: 1800 (1800 mag) -> 580 (580 mag) (-67.78%)

Kuva Ayanga: 87+187 (87+0 imp, 0+187 blast) -> 30+100 (30+0 imp, 0+100 blast) (-52.55%)
Source.

Dave1988

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ, what's the point of using Archwing Guns now? The nerfs are massive. It's always one step forward, two steps back with DE.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Heads up Empyrean is dropping right now for PS4 and has already dropped earlier today for Xbox One.

Literally finished my Railjack this morning so i finished by the skin of my teeth.

Edit: Update filesize is 3.375 GB

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Heads up Empyrean is dropping right now for PS4 and has already dropped earlier today for Xbox One.

Literally finished my Railjack this morning so i finished by the skin of my teeth.

Edit: Update filesize is 3.375 GB
What the heck! That's no good at all. Not only should people have been given time to prepare, this update really could use the hard work of DE's unpaid testers over on PC.

Indurian

Oct 27, 2017
What the heck! That's no good at all. Not only should people have been given time to prepare, this update really could use the hard work of DE's unpaid testers over on PC.
For real, I hear it's still a buggy mess. I took off prepping for Empyrean to farm for Ivara, Baza, and Aksomati because I figured it would be at least a month until consoles got it.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC

Empyrean shouldn't be on any platform before mid Jan really. It wasn't ready, still aint ready after some hotfixes and they had to know things like the economy are completely f'ed up. AI's that are supposed to allow you to play the mode SP arent there yet. Apparently you have to spend resources to put out fires because...reasons. They changed up the damage types for some weird reason and nerfed archguns into the earth by lowering damage and making them all projectile based. And now the strat that alot of players are using is to not have the railjack anywhere near the battles because apparently the levels the enemies are overtuned and the railjack is made out of wet paper. The rewards suck as now that everyone gets randomized loot. We used to get the same drops but not in railjack. Thats seperate from the fact that the liches are supposed to be apart of this and they're not even apart of it yet and that has its own set of problems.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't even built my ship yet. And I wasn't expecting this until next year/next month, but I guess DE wanted to get it out before they go on break.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I haven't even built my ship yet. And I wasn't expecting this until next year/next month, but I guess DE wanted to get it out before they go on break.

Well its not like we can do much. We got a ton of shit to research too and I could only start one thing as everything else requires resources that likely can only be obtained by going on railjack missions. You can matchmake onto railjack missions so you wont be left out in the meantime.