• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So uh before I bother to even try and build this damn ship (seriously why is this out so early? It sounds like a mess on PC still) can anyone confirm that the ship parts have rng stats? and if so how they work? The official forum thread makes it sound like here's 3 'houses' and each one is the best in a given stats but weaker in others. Is this all it is? Like high strength, lower dex/int kinda thing? Or if I have say 2 'X' house engines will they have different stats?

Cuz if true with this, and liches and operators etc it really seems like DE have lost their vision and are just upping the skinnerbox aspects. I dunno I haven't really played this since I got the infested operator skin but nothing I've seen this year really makes me want to come back if it's just gonna be uber rng/grind with less and less solo options.

I'm also concerned that there's some quest stuff tied to this mode apparently. I missed out on the eidolon stuff but for the most part can ignore it same with the liches I haven't touched yet but if the new war quest requires this I kinda have to do it I guess.

edit: wow wtf there's separate rivens for weapon variants now? that's kinda shitty for ppl who spent tons of plat for good ones to be stuck with lesser versions. Is there any way to convert them to their prime/syndicate etc versions

Last edited:

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
So uh before I bother to even try and build this damn ship (seriously why is this out so early? It sounds like a mess on PC still) can anyone confirm that the ship parts have rng stats? and if so how they work? The official forum thread makes it sound like here's 3 'houses' and each one is the best in a given stats but weaker in others. Is this all it is? Like high strength, lower dex/int kinda thing? Or if I have say 2 'X' house engines will they have different stats?

Cuz if true with this, and liches and operators etc it really seems like DE have lost their vision and are just upping the skinnerbox aspects. I dunno I haven't really played this since I got the infested operator skin but nothing I've seen this year really makes me want to come back if it's just gonna be uber rng/grind with less and less solo options.

I'm also concerned that there's some quest stuff tied to this mode apparently. I missed out on the eidolon stuff but for the most part can ignore it same with the liches I haven't touched yet but if the new war quest requires this I kinda have to do it I guess.

edit: wow wtf there's separate rivens for weapon variants now? that's kinda shitty for ppl who spent tons of plat for good ones to be stuck with lesser versions. Is there any way to convert them to their prime/syndicate etc versions

no weapon variants each have their own riven disposition. so a tigris riven will still work on a tigris, tigris prime and sancti tigris. however it'll give higher stats on the tigris, lower stats on the sancti tigris and the lowest stats on a tigris prime. so now there won't be any overpowered prime weapon releaes with 5/5 dispositions since they all start at 3/5 now.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, railjack seems...fine. It has some bugs, but that's nothing new. It is overly complex, I'm not sure how much actual fun it is, but it's something new.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I did my first Railjack mission with friends since my ship is still being built (seriously the wait time on this thing is dumb). And flying above Earth gave me so much joy. Have yet to try to pilot the thing since I'm having to much fun flying around outside. I got a pretty nasty bug while destroying an asteroid base. After I took out the crewship inside I exited out and I literally got stuck inside the asteroid. Had to wait until I died to respawn and fix the issue.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I had to set my matchmaking ping limit to 100. Railjack is nigh unplayable for me any higher than that because stuff is no longer hitscan and the targets warp and jump around too badly. I had it at 175-200 before because the content was perfectly playable since we fight against A.I. instead of each other 99% of the time. Definately going to document any major bugs I find so when DE comes back from break, they can be made aware of them and get on fixing them.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
Definately going to document any major bugs I find so when DE comes back from break, they can be made aware of them and get on fixing them.

CxyTSxK.jpg

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Alrighty. It's think it's time to come back.

I left around June of 2017, so I hopefully have alot of content I can casually go through as i re familiarize myself with the game. My last memory was paying to fast forward ember prime against my senpai frizby 's wishes because it's a silly waste of platinum, lol.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Alrighty. It's think it's time to come back.

I left around June of 2017, so I hopefully have alot of content I can casually go through as i re familiarize myself with the game. My last memory was paying to fast forward ember prime against my senpai frizby 's wishes because it's a silly waste of platinum, lol.

I mean...she's been sitting for a couple of years now. ;)

Say when you want a clan reinvite.

Dave1988

Oct 25, 2017
PSA: DE is gonna remove the Rush Repair Drone from the market in the coming hotfix, so stock up now unless you like grinding hours and hours for resources to build a single RJ component.

In other news, RIP Cryophon and we'll now have a whopping 4% chance to get a Vidar Reactor with absolutely shitty rolls at the end of the mission lol

Eleriu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they reduce the resource cost. As of now I haven't built a single RJ part due to it and I'm not sure when I'm going too at the rate of which everything drops.

Indurian

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they reduce the resource cost. As of now I haven't built a single RJ part due to it and I'm not sure when I'm going too at the rate of which everything drops.
This is exactly where I'm at. I don't use my RJ because I don't want to waste a ton of resources to build lower level components when I need those resources to replace those parts with something better.

At least I found out how to blink with AW again.

Eleriu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I discovered something very annoying while doing floof hunting that I hope gets fixed as I'm assuming this is a bug. For my controls I set mine back to the classic set-up where melee is on R1 because that's where I like that to be. So they changed the floof hunting menu's to be on R1 so you no longer have to open the gear menu, but in the process of doing so if you have anything else set on R1 that is not ability menu the menu's will not open.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Great, I can play railjack and feel like I'm moving the needle without having to spend 20 minutes to clear the mission and then having to sit and trying to find all the drops we missed...

Deleted member 3968

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So uh wtf happened to archguns? They all projectile based now? And weak af? Is there an ideal one I should be using?

Was gonna try to solo a few railjack missions now that I finally built the damn thing and with the resource booster but I guess that's not possible yet. tried to leave my ship on the edge of the map when it ran out of ammo (Why is this a thing?) but it got swarmed anyway. Who thought this would be fun? oh and I see things have rng stats here too now. Great >.>

Why do we start with nothing in terms of customizing/avionics or whatever it's called?

Guess I could give liches a try. Oh wait I need to farm stupid cards beforehand. man what happened to this game/company?

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
The archguns work fine on normal archwing missions. They all suck on railjack because they overturned the enemies there and changed up all the systems. Everyone is using Amesha because anything else will get you killed and it slows enemy fighters down so you can actually hit them thanks to how damn slow projectile weapons are. Railjack just sucks ass until you get some battle avionics so you can actually clear enemies in a decent amount of time.

Liches are in a decent place now that a loop is there. Down a larvaling, see if it has the weapon you want, kill it, then kill its thralls until you get its words and put them in the right order, kill it to get weapon. If you want to improve the weapon, get other copies of the weapon and fuse them and its innate stat goes up.

Eleriu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Baro brought Primed Chamber. No this is not a joke he really did.

Warframe_20200214073750.png

Deleted member 3968

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ugh grinding these god damn lich cards suuuuucccccckss. I've spent like 10 hrs the last few days trying to get one of each but that fucking ris one refuses to drop.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
The whole lich process is wayyyyy too grindy, but I'm glad they give you a chance to see the lich's weapon now at least.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
New Dex armor is pretty cool TBH. Log in and grab it, if you've been offline a while.

Game went in an odd direction this year with Liches and Railjack. I don't think either went over particularly well, but I'm sure DE know their numbers better than I do. I'd like another open world...maybe lava or industrial. Or I don't know...maybe finally figure out what to do with Sentients and Lotus.

Eleriu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
New Dex armor is pretty cool TBH. Log in and grab it, if you've been offline a while.

Game went in an odd direction this year with Liches and Railjack. I don't think either went over particularly well, but I'm sure DE know their numbers better than I do. I'd like another open world...maybe lava or industrial. Or I don't know...maybe finally figure out what to do with Sentients and Lotus.
They really didn't no. Especially Railjack. That was the buggiest update console has ever gotten from my time playing the game and we had to wait a full month before all the fixes came. For Sentients there is the new Scarlet Spear event that's going to involve them.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC

Im gonna venture completely unscientific guess that the numbers weren't what they were hoping they would be which is partially why they're making massive changes, some of which are long overdue. Fortuna had a lot of buzz leading up to and post release. Liches and Empyrean kind of came and went. So much of the game's future is tied up in these things that it's essentially forcing them to address as much as possible both old issues and new

In any case, game is getting better and I'm starting to enjoy it more instead of trying to avoid burning out through the initial grindy period post-launch

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Ok the 7th anniversary caused me to login.

I haven't logged in since equinox prime(who I never got) what should I be doing?

I already have the rail jack cephalon cooking

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
You can start gathering railjack resources to actually build the thing. You can either farm them in a couple of places, mining on plains and vallis, and eximus drops on Ceres and Europa. It's way faster to just join railjack missions and passively get those resources. An update is coming that will dramatically lower those build costs anyway. Theres hunting kuva liches too for their weapons and the next mainline update should make progression smoother now that all murmurs will give progress. Theres all the prime parts you missed and getting the secret rooms on Jupiter and that's about it

Eleriu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hm with how the Coronavirus is looking I'm expecting them to cancel Tennocon this year and just do an online event. And the mainline update just went to cert.

Eleriu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. It has a few more minutes to finish downloading on my end.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Getting 5,400,000 credits back from building your railjack kind of illustrates that the build costs were FAR too high for non veteran players. I don't even pub much on the lower tier planets because all the vets are in the veil waiting for the anomaly and trying to get access to all the avionics there. You simply can't get matched with people if they arent there in the first place.

Eleriu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Getting back all my credits was so relieving, and of course shows that the build costs was way way to high. They could have kept the nanospores though I don't need those.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
What kind of changes?

Damage has been reworked across the board. here are couple of things I know off the top of my head.

Enemy armor/health/shield values are no longer exponential are and around level 70, the curve starts to flatten off so they don't get that much more tanky.

Shield gating. All waframes have it, not just Hildryn. Once your shield gets depleted you get a couple of seconds of invincibility and it keeps you from getting one shot. Shields have damage reduction now and will reduce damage by 25%. Before shields didn't reduce damage at all and unless you had an absurd amount of shields like hildryn or harrow, they weren't worth building for. Enemies have shield gates too, but you can bypass them by hitting enemy weak points. Slash procs no longer bypass shields but toxin still does.

Warframes no longer use the same armor/shields/health values as enemies do and are now unique unto themselves.

Explosive weapons no longer do self damage and put you into a stun/stagger animation In exchange, the blast damage from explosions now falls off at certain ranges and does a percentage of damage at the edge of the damage radius.

Liches are tougher, but no longer status immune. A big problem with warframe is that essentially any boss enemy in warframe had status immunity, so it meant if you want to take out a boss, you just have to buff yourself and build for crit. They're using liches as a test bed to figure out how to have status be a valid tactic against bosses to encourage more build diversity.

Also status procs can stack and have more potent effects as you build stacks. Example: the AoE from gas gets bigger the more times you proc it on a target.

Foxhound286

Dec 4, 2017
New Jersey
Damage has been reworked across the board. here are couple of things I know off the top of my head.

Enemy armor/health/shield values are no longer exponential are and around level 70, the curve starts to flatten off so they don't get that much more tanky.

Shield gating. All waframes have it, not just Hildryn. Once your shield gets depleted you get a couple of seconds of invincibility and it keeps you from getting one shot. Shields have damage reduction now and will reduce damage by 25%. Before shields didn't reduce damage at all and unless you had an absurd amount of shields like hildryn or harrow, they weren't worth building for. Enemies have shield gates too, but you can bypass them by hitting enemy weak points. Slash procs no longer bypass shields but toxin still does.

Warframes no longer use the same armor/shields/health values as enemies do and are now unique unto themselves.

Explosive weapons no longer do self damage and put you into a stun/stagger animation In exchange, the blast damage from explosions now falls off at certain ranges and does a percentage of damage at the edge of the damage radius.

Liches are tougher, but no longer status immune. A big problem with warframe is that essentially any boss enemy in warframe had status immunity, so it meant if you want to take out a boss, you just have to buff yourself and build for crit. They're using liches as a test bed to figure out how to have status be a valid tactic against bosses to encourage more build diversity.

Also status procs can stack and have more potent effects as you build stacks. Example: the AoE from gas gets bigger the more times you proc it on a target.
Hm, interesting. Looking forward to seeing it in action. BTW, heard there is going to be a partial refund of Railjack resources if you completed the quest. Is that true, and if so how much?

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
yes there is going to be a partial refund, don't know the exact amount though since I fully built mine. It's probably in a forum post or in the game's patch notes.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
The update is almost entirely quality of life and UI stuff, and it's quite good in terms of making the game fun again.

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to Covid, I picked up Warframe on PS4 again and started at 0. Been playing for the last couple of days and reached Neptune and just finished the Second Dream for the first time ever. I really did not expect this at all. I'm really impressed. Now back to failing spy missions for the Pluto Junction.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks to Covid, I picked up Warframe on PS4 again and started at 0. Been playing for the last couple of days and reached Neptune and just finished the Second Dream for the first time ever. I really did not expect this at all. I'm really impressed. Now back to failing spy missions for the Pluto Junction.

Nice! Let us know if you want a clan invite.

Akai_XIII

Oct 26, 2017
Enjoy the Chroma Prime and Wukong Prime parts Gala, hope you get the BP for Wukong too.

Haven't really played since Shadowkeep came out/Liches were released. Liches and Fortuna needed quite a bit of work.

Missing a few things to get to MR28 - Tekko Prime, Ivara Prime + weapons, Kuva weapons... Where do you get the arm cannon parts?

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
.. Where do you get the arm cannon parts?

warframe.fandom.com

Murex

Murex, formerly known as Sentient Anomalies, is both a Sentient Tile Set and Sentient warships introduced in Update 27.0 (2019-12-13) which acts as a Point-of-Interest and is encountered in Veil Proxima missions on Empyrean and Operation: Scarlet Spear. They can also be encountered in Break...

Bring Paracesis and maybe Nekros/Hydroid.

BlackLagoon

Oct 25, 2017
warframe.fandom.com

Murex

Murex, formerly known as Sentient Anomalies, is both a Sentient Tile Set and Sentient warships introduced in Update 27.0 (2019-12-13) which acts as a Point-of-Interest and is encountered in Veil Proxima missions on Empyrean and Operation: Scarlet Spear. They can also be encountered in Break...

Bring Paracesis and maybe Nekros/Hydroid.
Looking forward to unlocking Veil missions in, oh, 4+ months at my current intrinsic grinding speed...