• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GroundCombo

Oct 27, 2017
It would be nice to bump up the frequency of system/frame reworks a bit, though right now it seems they're 99% focused on New War. On the other hand, a lot of old frames have received indirect buffs or otherwise gained new life through new mods or features such as shield-gating and the Helminth. I can use Banshee in Steel Path, wtf.

I got the second Harrow systems blueprint (for feeding purposes) on my second attempt. :smug:
defection still sucks

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I dunno, I use Zephyr a lot now. I would start to use some older frames if they got a bit more useful or fun to use. I wasn't really on the same page with Pablo on that and think the explanation was a bit weird.

I'm guessing there's also some component of "we want to do new stuff", as well as reworking old content tying up game design and coding devs while leaving art devs without much to do, which can be a concern if you have a very streamlined pipeline. But they do have the metrics to support that assertion, as opposed to the handful of data points we represent.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
It would be nice to bump up the frequency of system/frame reworks a bit, though right now it seems they're 99% focused on New War. On the other hand, a lot of old frames have received indirect buffs or otherwise gained new life through new mods or features such as shield-gating and the Helminth. I can use Banshee in Steel Path, wtf.

I got the second Harrow systems blueprint (for feeding purposes) on my second attempt. :smug:
defection still sucks

To be clear, I'm fine with most Warframes as they stand now (except stuff like, say, Nekros). The game for the most part needs not so much reworking of old content as it needs pruning and streamlining.

For example: Nightmare Missions, Arbitrations, Sorties, the Steel Path and many other modes serve (or rather, attempt to serve) the same basic need; endgame content for progressively overpowered players. But having so many variants of the same basic template (take this existing mission and make it harder), each with their own, slightly different set of rules and its own rewards, makes it so overcomplicated for many players to keep track of, and by and large does not offer a significantly different experience from even playing the stages for the first time, just higher numbers to keep up with the insane power creep from mods. These modes are, for the most part, haphazardly half-assed in terms of design, and having so many means that the playerbase gets fragmented. Many of them, like Nightmare Missions, serve no purpose at all after collecting all the rewards, so the game commits one of its most frequent sins which is to try to make something relevant again by throwing in Nightwave missions to force the players to play them. Nightwave is good as a concept, but whenever it's used to push players towards content they don't normally play, it should be to incentivize them to play content they may not have experienced yet, not content they have exhausted.

The vast majority of the above modes should be removed from the game in favor of a single, cohesive endgame mode that gets all of the attention and design resources. Keep what works (e.g. Nightmare mission modifiers are neat and can change the way you play missions; arbitration Warframe buffs are also a neat idea that just needs a better mode to be attached to; Steel Path's increased enemy endurance is a first step if halfway solution to the game as a whole becoming trivial) and make a single, cohesive mode out of it all.

GroundCombo

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, not sure I agree... or at least it would be a gigantic task to overhaul the modes. You could have something like a variant on Path of Exile's endgame maps, with customizable modifiers and corresponding rewards, but I can see that getting bloated and becoming as confusing as the separate game modes. Randomly cycling modifiers wouldn't work, because that wouldn't solve the problem of targeted loot farming, or it would introduce another time gate for the modes you want to play (which can already be annoying with Arbitrations and Plains).

Deimos is one area where even my head starts spinning with all the different bounties, vaults and vault bounties, but I can always look at the drop tables to figure out what I want to do. You can argue (with good reason) that there is a lot of air in the reward tables and some of them could be combined, and maybe even a customizable mission system could work, but then you bump into the ugly realities of player retention and keeping the amount of grinding where it is not too easy but tolerable for most players.

Nightmare mode is a bit of a remnant. It's one of the simpler modes and comes quite naturally with completing planets, but it's a pity that it only has a dozen mods and is useless afterwards. Sorties are a nice daily thing to do, though.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
To anyone that hasn't gotten Loki or any other drops, contact support. My SO didn't get any progress towards Loki Prime when watching the stream for whatever reason so I sent a support ticket from her account yesterday, and she got Loki Prime today.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Played about 5 hours of Warframe a year or 2 ago and looks like I completed the first two quests (Vor's Prize and Awakenings)...Im not sure if I should just start over at this point or continue on with my current account. It looks like I only have Excalibur and Ash Prime.

What's the best way to get reacclimated with the game?

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Played about 5 hours of Warframe a year or 2 ago and looks like I completed the first two quests (Vor's Prize and Awakenings)...Im not sure if I should just start over at this point or continue on with my current account. It looks like I only have Excalibur and Ash Prime.

If you're really that early, which is to say a couple hours, I'd say make another account. But then, the Ash Prime you have was probably given away during some login campaign giveaway thing so you wouldn't have that on the new account.

The other problem here is that the opening of the game doesn't tell you shit. Like there's a basic movement and weapons tutorial but then you're kinda just out there in the open. Long story short, and this is the easiest way to recommend progress, is to push through the star chart while gathering and leveling up new frames and weapons as you go (and doing quests as they become available to you too). That's the first several dozen hours of the game and that will get you acclimated to it.

Edit: Also check out the discord. Plenty of friendly folks to answer questions and walk you through things.

Last edited:

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

There's really no advantage to creating a new account. You can replay pretty much any quest from the codex, including the revamped intro quest; that's probably a good first step. As pointed out above, you would also lose on your Ash Prime.

After that, keep doing missions and opening up the star chart, and don't be afraid to ask any questions you may have, either here, or e.g. contact me directly (relevant post). :)