• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Insane right? Man warframe.

Fitting avatar, seem like you would like the creepy and strange.
Thanks!
I love that they went a completely new direction here. People seem to be divided on the whole heads thing but it really helps to paint a picture of life under the Corpus. I really didn't see DE pushing the envelope with something that is so confronting and uncomfortable. Then again, the Rel having autism in The Chains of Harrow quest was done pretty well. I hope DE continues the weird stuff with the main plotline with the New War stuff.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks!
I love that they went a completely new direction here. People seem to be divided on the whole heads thing but it really helps to paint a picture of life under the Corpus. I really didn't see DE pushing the envelope with something that is so confronting and uncomfortable. Then again, the Rel having autism in The Chains of Harrow quest was done pretty well. I hope DE continues the weird stuff with the main plotline with the New War stuff.
The whole thing had me thinking about the recent movie "Sorry To Bother You." Also I've been walking around looking into Fortuna character's bodies to see their head pods. Also I wonder why their head frames have handles on them. Do they have robot arms on their heads and their robot body is also their home? So many questions.

Looking at their faces kinda make me a bit sad. Got attached to these characters, then they feel comfortable enough to show their face, but it's messed up what they have to do to keep up to be able to chip away at their increasing debt.

Fortuna update 2 should be very interesting!

Last edited:

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I have a couple parts and the blueprints hanging around for some prime weapons that according to the wiki have been vaulted. Does that stuff ever get rotated back in? If not, should I just sell the parts I have off to the void trader when he comes back around again? That's about all the use owned vaulted components (not complete weapons/frames) have, right?

Oct 25, 2017
I have a couple parts and the blueprints hanging around for some prime weapons that according to the wiki have been vaulted. Does that stuff ever get rotated back in? If not, should I just sell the parts I have off to the void trader when he comes back around again? That's about all the use owned vaulted components (not complete weapons/frames) have, right?

Everything comes back around for brief periods, just like Mag and Nova are at the moment. Individual parts can still be sold for plat. If they're not very desirable then it might be worth turning them into ducats.

Dakath

Oct 26, 2017

Definitely check these before you turn them into ducats, some vaulted parts can fetch a pretty nice sum in platinum:
https://warframe.market/
https://warframe.market/tools/ducats
https://tenno.zone/pricing

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Everything comes back around for brief periods, just like Mag and Nova are at the moment. Individual parts can still be sold for plat. If they're not very desirable then it might be worth turning them into ducats.

Definitely check these before you turn them into ducats, some vaulted parts can fetch a pretty nice sum in platinum:
https://warframe.market/
https://warframe.market/tools/ducats
https://tenno.zone/pricing
Thank you!

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
FYI.

Going crazy trying to figure out why I have a stock pile of the rarest gems (zodian/thyst) and have but a hand full of the less rare Amarast.

Saw someone mention it on wiki, switched to the Nosam and immediate got like 20 the next run. Something is triggering the sunpoint to not drop Amarast. If you are farming for Amarst, use the Norsam cutter instead.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
It's a rarity issue (you can't get the rarest gems without using the sunpoint), talked about it with Forma_Addict the other day. Hopefully they work on that a bit if he can get Reb's ear.

So you are saying they make the Amarast MORE rare than Zodian & Thyst IF you use the sunpoint?

I got a shit ton of the "rarest" gems, just not the less rare Amarast when using sunpoint.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Hm (also this is all personal theory and observation of drops).

It's more like the pool of rarities. Using the Sunpoint you have the option of catching ANY of the gems off of a blue vein. That's six, I believe, with Amarast falling somewhere in the middle of them all. However if you use the Nosam cutter you reduce that pool down by cutting out the last two rarest gems. Now Amarast, which is still rare, can occupy the uncommon and rarest tiers of drops instead of being stuck in the center. So in a way, yeah, sunpoint makes it harder to get Amarast.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
How's the Fortuna update so far? Is there not going to be an OT in the main section for it?

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hahahaha. So I was playing a defense sortie and the qualifier was Radiation, which enables friendly fire if you're in it I guess? After some confusion about it [read: me accidentally punching my teammates and one-shotting them] we were goofing off, and people started legit PvP'ing. Queue my roomie and two pugs, one of which got pretty fucking salty, ganging up on me, thinking no way an Atlas frame could be a true heavy hitter; it culminated in them all going "gang up on him!" And rushing me, all loosing their abilities, forgetting I can ignore CC while on the ground as I slide over and fire off one punch that kills all 3 of them. LOL. Then I rezzed them all and knocked 'em down again. I PUT THOUSANDS OF PLATINUM INTO THIS ATLAS.

It was pretty vindicating because one of them had been bitching all through the last sortie about Atlas.

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Hahahaha. So I was playing a defense sortie and the qualifier was Radiation, which enables friendly fire if you're in it I guess? After some confusion about it [read: me accidentally punching my teammates and one-shotting them] we were goofing off, and people started legit PvP'ing. Queue my roomie and two pugs, one of which got pretty fucking salty, ganging up on me, thinking no way an Atlas frame could be a true heavy hitter; it culminated in them all going "gang up on him!" And rushing me, all loosing their abilities, forgetting I can ignore CC while on the ground as I slide over and fire off one punch that kills all 3 of them. LOL. Then I rezzed them all and knocked 'em down again. I PUT THOUSANDS OF PLATINUM INTO THIS ATLAS.

It was pretty vindicating because one of them had been bitching all through the last sortie about Atlas.
The radiation status confuses enemies and allows friendly fire. The condition in sorties creates areas that force rad procs.

Atlas is a beast though. His punches have invulnerability, and they use melee mods from your melee weapon. He can do a lot of damage!

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The radiation status confuses enemies and allows friendly fire. The condition in sorties creates areas that force rad procs.

Atlas is a beast though. His punches have invulnerability, and they use melee mods from your melee weapon. He can do a lot of damage!

Yeah I like to think my setup is pretty good. Still forma'ing my weapon [a staff I have a Riven for] but it's along similar lines:

45900300062_11a48927c5_o.jpg

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Yeah I like to think my setup is pretty good. Still forma'ing my weapon [a staff I have a Riven for] but it's along similar lines:

45900300062_11a48927c5_o.jpg
Pretty solid build. A good reminder for me to put Umbral intensify on my Atlas :) You could drop the tank mods if you were feeling really gutsy (relying on invulnerablity on punches and petrify for regen in a pinch) but I'm not one to talk since I've had mixed success on my Atlas.

You're probably aware of this, but only certain melee mods work for the punch. I'm too tired too remember exactly which ones though. Pretty sure combo mods and range mods don't work, not sure about attack speed.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Man, this game seems to be adding things way faster than I can keep up lol.

I want a Moa so badly, but the grind is real, and I still don't have any arcanes for my warframes because I have no idea how to level up my operators weapons.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
So, may be a dumb question. I am new back to the game, and am trying to get Chroma and Khora. I know how to get Chrome, pretty obvious, but I am confused by Khora.

Also, should I try and stick to 1 frame, and get them all spec'd out with Mods n such?

Oct 25, 2017
Man, this game seems to be adding things way faster than I can keep up lol.

I want a Moa so badly, but the grind is real, and I still don't have any arcanes for my warframes because I have no idea how to level up my operators weapons.

Levelling up amps is just the same as levelling any other weapon. You'll have to get out your frame and start blasting some enemies with it. Even if you haven't maxed out your amp, don't let that stop you from joining some eidolon hunts (maybe not tridolon hunts though). Some players might get snarky if you don't take a meta weapon/frame but they shouldn't be in a public match if they care about those things.

So, may be a dumb question. I am new back to the game, and am trying to get Chroma and Khora. I know how to get Chrome, pretty obvious, but I am confused by Khora.

Also, should I try and stick to 1 frame, and get them all spec'd out with Mods n such?

All Khora parts drop from regular sanctuary onslaught. You have to stick through until the end of round 8 for a chance at all her parts. Unfortunately it's considered one of the less fun grinds.

You should certainly stick with a frame until you've maxed out its rank, but early on you'll be wanting to build as many frames as possible to boost your MR. It'll also give you a good overview over how the various frames play and you can then come back and devote some resources to your favourites.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
All Khora parts drop from regular sanctuary onslaught. You have to stick through until the end of round 8 for a chance at all her parts. Unfortunately it's considered one of the less fun grinds.

You should certainly stick with a frame until you've maxed out its rank, but early on you'll be wanting to build as many frames as possible to boost your MR. It'll also give you a good overview over how the various frames play and you can then come back and devote some resources to your favourites.

I see. I am rank 7, and have a good few rank 30 frames. That sucks, I always drop off of Sanctuary Onslaught around round 6, because people start leaving or I am dying too much. I am terrible at this game, and I really wish I could get more frames without spending money on them. I mean, I guess I will eventually, but I just want the few ones I find really cool. At least I got my Ash/Frost Prime and Ivara

Oct 25, 2017
I see. I am rank 7, and have a good few rank 30 frames. That sucks, I always drop off of Sanctuary Onslaught around round 6, because people start leaving or I am dying too much. I am terrible at this game, and I really wish I could get more frames without spending money on them. I mean, I guess I will eventually, but I just want the few ones I find really cool. At least I got my Ash/Frost Prime and Ivara

Do you have a Rhino? Iron Skin should make him survive to the end. Volt and Saryn can just nuke everything with their ultimates, although I guess you might not have all the mods to make them effective yet.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
Do you have a Rhino? Iron Skin should make him survive to the end. Volt and Saryn can just nuke everything with their ultimates, although I guess you might not have all the mods to make them effective yet.
I do have Rhino and seriously love that frame. I will join up with him. It is kinda boring, so I was using the mode to level up frames/weapons. I now see that bringing a lvl 5 Trinity Prime is pretty stupid as I get 1 shot by flame AOE at round 4

Chae3001

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to be cloning my account to the Switch tomorrow, like I'm I sure quite a few of us will be. Should we start up a Switch Branch of the Ayatan Ranch, since clan information isn't going to transfer with the account cloning? Or should we start up something new?

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Levelling up amps is just the same as levelling any other weapon. You'll have to get out your frame and start blasting some enemies with it. Even if you haven't maxed out your amp, don't let that stop you from joining some eidolon hunts (maybe not tridolon hunts though). Some players might get snarky if you don't take a meta weapon/frame but they shouldn't be in a public match if they care about those things.

Thanks man. Any suggestions on some good new amps when i get that far?

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
One of the reason that I hate Amps is that the default mote amp is so much worse than all of the others. All of the rest do decent enough damage to use in regular missions.

IIRC: Of the three pieces of an amp (prism, scaffold and grip?), prism determines what the fire mode is, the schaffold determines the alt fire, and the grip is crit/status chance. All of the prisms give mastery once gilded, as well as gain some stats. So if you only care about MR you might as well make all of them.

I think 2-2-3 (the second prism, the second scaffold, third grip) is still meta if that matters. But having levelled all of them, it's really about finding your favourite prism.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
I'm going to be cloning my account to the Switch tomorrow, like I'm I sure quite a few of us will be. Should we start up a Switch Branch of the Ayatan Ranch, since clan information isn't going to transfer with the account cloning? Or should we start up something new?

That's a really good question, I think it'll likely come down to who wants to rebuild the clan again from scratch (oh my god we're going to have to build the clan from scratch) and what the population on the switch might be. I might clone but I don't think I'll play a ton on it, since I just like using mkb better.

Just get 111 (that is shorthand for the three components you first unlock ranking up with the quills) ASAP. For general missions I like 212 or 412.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty solid build. A good reminder for me to put Umbral intensify on my Atlas :) You could drop the tank mods if you were feeling really gutsy (relying on invulnerablity on punches and petrify for regen in a pinch) but I'm not one to talk since I've had mixed success on my Atlas.

You're probably aware of this, but only certain melee mods work for the punch. I'm too tired too remember exactly which ones though. Pretty sure combo mods and range mods don't work, not sure about attack speed.

Combo duration does work now on him though, due to testing! And yeah, I wanted to keep him a bit tanky because I've tried going pure damage and he's a bit glassy for it.

Chae3001

Oct 27, 2017
That's a really good question, I think it'll likely come down to who wants to rebuild the clan again from scratch (oh my god we're going to have to build the clan from scratch) and what the population on the switch might be. I might clone but I don't think I'll play a ton on it, since I just like using mkb better.

I will probably be doing the same, just messing around during off moments on the Switch, while still playing mainly on PC. I would assume that the clan on Switch would be a relatively low energy affair, until a base of Switch only gamers builds up.

I've been on a tear recently, trying to build everything available before the cloning, specifically so that I only have grind for new stuff on the Switch. I got a 50% off coupon last night, so I now have enough to buy those last few Archwing weapons that have parts locked behind New Loka and Perrin. And a Sibear.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
One of the reason that I hate Amps is that the default mote amp is so much worse than all of the others. All of the rest do decent enough damage to use in regular missions.

IIRC: Of the three pieces of an amp (prism, scaffold and grip?), prism determines what the fire mode is, the schaffold determines the alt fire, and the grip is crit/status chance. All of the prisms give mastery once gilded, as well as gain some stats. So if you only care about MR you might as well make all of them.

I think 2-2-3 (the second prism, the second scaffold, third grip) is still meta if that matters. But having levelled all of them, it's really about finding your favourite prism.

Just get 111 (that is shorthand for the three components you first unlock ranking up with the quills) ASAP. For general missions I like 212 or 412.

Thanks guys. So my default amp is basically the MK-1 of amps. Very good to know.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Heroin might have meant the Gladiator mods and other mods that stack with your combo counter like Blood Rush.

Oh yeah I don't think those work. I just know I've gotten a lot of use out of the one that increases combo duration and Status chance on my landslides. That said I still might replace it because while combo duration is nice, nothing really tends to survive the first punch anyway except bosses and I feel like I'd rather have a different effect on those

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
What's a really great weapon pair is the Venka Prime since they build more combo multiplier at each level. Here's roughly my build.

http://warframe-builder.com/Melee_W...-238-7-266-7-865-8-331-10/en/4-0-123/156821/0

Atlas converts all damage on the melee to Impact type when using landslide, so all those impact mods make a huge, well, impact on the amount of damage it can do. The elementals are there mostly to make the weapon not useless if you use actual melee or are forced to melee because you ran out of energy.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
I will probably be doing the same, just messing around during off moments on the Switch, while still playing mainly on PC. I would assume that the clan on Switch would be a relatively low energy affair, until a base of Switch only gamers builds up.

I've been on a tear recently, trying to build everything available before the cloning, specifically so that I only have grind for new stuff on the Switch. I got a 50% off coupon last night, so I now have enough to buy those last few Archwing weapons that have parts locked behind New Loka and Perrin. And a Sibear.

Have they said you will be able to clone your PC account to Switch? I would like that. I dont want to just completely move it over, but I wouldnt mind not playing from the beginning