• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
So it turns out the the K-Drive speed mods don't stack. So if you just have the +base speed mod on and not the boost one, boosting actually slows you down (because the base speed is higher then the boost speed). I'm hoping this is a bug.

Taking a break from farming and leveling a bunch of low level frames. Wukong is really... boring.
He's an invulnerability frame. Chuck Rage/hunter adrenaline on and use his 2. That's all I use him for.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
so what are the new platinum sinks for fortuna? garuda and weapons, k drive, kit gun and operator cosmetics. is that it? trying to decide if i need to scoop up black friday deals before it comes out on console

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I just finished The Second Dream quest and this shit blew my mind.

The recontextualization of everything I've been doing for 120 hours is bananas. It's so damn odd to see a F2P game not only introduce a player character/character designer but do so in a story mission years after launch in a way that will take players starting from zero at least tens of hours to reach. Ordis has been calling me Operator for so long and it felt so incidental until now. Post-TSD I have a new planet (well, moon) for missions, a character with dialogue options, and a whole separate sort of currency and ability tree...and nothing in the game really spoiled this until I finished the quest.

To have the game reframed (sorry) this way is exemplary. There's still some muddy stuff around the lore here that isn't all the way clear, and it's a bit heavy on the made-up words, but still...I really didn't expect the game to be able to pull something like this off.

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
so what are the new platinum sinks for fortuna? garuda and weapons, k drive, kit gun and operator cosmetics. is that it? trying to decide if i need to scoop up black friday deals before it comes out on console

Yeah, that's about it. There'll be some more Fortuna content in an update before the end of the year, but not as substantial as this one.

The recontextualization of everything I've been doing for 120 hours is bananas. It's so damn odd to see a F2P game not only introduce a player character/character designer but do so in a story mission years after launch in a way that will take players starting from zero at least tens of hours to reach. Ordis has been calling me Operator for so long and it felt so incidental until now. Post-TSD I have a new planet (well, moon) for missions, a character with dialogue options, and a whole separate sort of currency and ability tree...and nothing in the game really spoiled this until I finished the quest.

To have the game reframed (sorry) this way is exemplary. There's still some muddy stuff around the lore here that isn't all the way clear, and it's a bit heavy on the made-up words, but still...I really didn't expect the game to be able to pull something like this off.

the other cinematic quests aren't as revolutionary, but certainly as good.

TSD blew everyone away at the time, and even though there are plenty spoilers floating around, it's cool that some people get to experience it unspoiled

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's about it. There'll be some more Fortuna content in an update before the end of the year, but not as substantial as this one.

TSD blew everyone away at the time, and even though there are plenty spoilers floating around, it's cool that some people get to experience it unspoiled

thanks, should be good then since i plan to farm most of it up. might buy a k drive if i'm feeling lazy

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017

To be completely honest, I saw an image of a person sitting in a chair talking to the Lotus once but I never put 2 and 2 together. I just never expected something like this from the game.

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
thanks, should be good then since i plan to farm most of it up. might buy a k drive if i'm feeling lazy
Overall it's a far more manageable grind than the Plains were. If you want to be a tiny bit more efficient, on level up pick the ore/gem blueprints as they cost more standing than anything else. Only a bit, so it's not the end of the world if you pick something else. Except for the last rank - the Captura scene is 130k standing and the next highest is 20k I think (Cetus is the same).

Ventkids and the K-drive aren't too bad if you're farming standing, though I suppose it depends on your tolerance of grinding a rail/circle over and over for 20 minutes a day :P

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Nekros is so darn amazing! I only wish I could save some pets in his summon pool. That would be nice. Then let me fashion frame them so they don't confuse people... ok myself. I get confused who my corpse party, there's too much chaos going on.

---
I stopped doing the vent kids standing. I wonder if story unlocks at a certain rank. I'm still not max standing on Ostron, and I have no clue what story is going on over there.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
The Equilibrium + Health Conversion + Shield of Shadows ( @ 214% str they give me 90% damage reduction) + Despoil and Arcane Pulse make him tough at nails.

When the shadows are not in his pool for summoning things can be very delicate, though if I can just start carefully killing to get some health orbs I can have a ton of armor due to health conversion at least, then I just need to find a good time to at least 2 distraction shadows while I fill up my zoo (death pool for summoning).

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
The Equilibrium + Health Conversion + Shield of Shadows ( @ 214% str they give me 90% damage reduction) + Despoil and Arcane Pulse make him tough at nails.

When the shadows are not in his pool for summoning things can be very delicate, though if I can just start carefully killing to get some health orbs I can have a ton of armor due to health conversion at least, then I just need to find a good time to at least 2 distraction shadows while I fill up my zoo (death pool for summoning).
This. For most content the Health Conversion, Despoil and Shield of shadows is enough, but Ploid's build is endgame viable.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches

Mostly just Garuda, tbh. The kitguns take a bit to unlock everything but you don't need literally everything to make a monster, the kdrives are all the same so there's no point to buying them, and you can always get the operator cosmetics for free anyway.

Congrats, you beat the tutorial!

Just to clarify how insane this combo is for surviving,

the wiki said:
While the damage reduction from the augment is capped at 90%, one can potentially push this further by including Despoil and Health Conversion in the build. This would give Nekros a rather consistent 1415 armour equating to about 82.51% damage reduction. When taking both reductions into account, this brings Nekros to a total of about 98.25% damage reduction.

I just glanced at my build to see what I was using and got a little sad because I have a Jordas Verdict tab in my loadouts. Pour one out for the Trials.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I finally get the last part for Valkyr Prime and oh good lord I'm really low on polymer when did that happen.

So much to grind for tonight, geez.

GroundCombo

Oct 27, 2017
It's really amazing how much stuff they are adding these days. I just got MR25, and a bit before Fortuna I was feeling like the grind was slowly grinding to a halt with only some vaulted stuff, zaws and Mag+Nova Prime remaining. Not that that was a bad thing; you need a break every now and then. Now my foundry is suddenly red hot again and there are so many things to play with.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
How many of you are going to start playing WF on Switch? I really wish that it was shared progress/shared world. I would hate to put hundreds of hours into the switch version only for it to die out

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
I'll start it up for the sake of clan management and getting the dojo running there. I can't promise very long in it personally (I'm really going to have to see how it all feels to play) but I'm happy to run the role of administrator.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I am so angry. I've been looking for the Toxic Barrage mod for months. It finally drops and we fail the mission.

I dont even know what to do right now lol

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I am not in a clan right now (need to find one) so I cant build WuKong. What makes him so boring? I always thought he looked really cool
His main thing is that he can be built of invulnerability with his 2 (defy) and rage/hunter adrenaline.

His one is just a staff, and his three turns you into a cloud of questionable usefulness. His fourth is an exalted staff and can be fun, but most of the time your weapons are better.

Playing Wukong involves pressing 2 once. Then just shooting or hitting every enemy. Basically, he's a passive frame to play. Personally I find him fun on endless missions where I'm building up a huge melee combo.

There's no official word on a rework, but it would be nice to have a fully functioning kit, as opposed to invulnerability and sometimes your 4th ability.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
His main thing is that he can be built of invulnerability with his 2 (defy) and rage/hunter adrenaline.

His one is just a staff, and his three turns you into a cloud of questionable usefulness. His fourth is an exalted staff and can be fun, but most of the time your weapons are better.

Playing Wukong involves pressing 2 once. Then just shooting or hitting every enemy. Basically, he's a passive frame to play. Personally I find him fun on endless missions where I'm building up a huge melee combo.

There's no official word on a rework, but it would be nice to have a fully functioning kit, as opposed to invulnerability and sometimes your 4th ability.

Ahh I see. I keep thinking I want to build him, but I need to settle down on a frame

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Ahh I see. I keep thinking I want to build him, but I need to settle down on a frame
The good news is that every frame can do most of the content in the game without being min-maxed, so you can keep leveling frames until you find one you want to invest in. Sooner or later you're gonna find one that you love. If you really wanted to find a main, what kind of playstyle do you want to play? Support? DPS? Tank? CC? A combo of any of these?

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
please send help

KroU233l.jpg

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ouch. Yeah, I've seen terrible rolls like that before while trying to reroll my Opticor riven. Minus damage is an instant nope for me.

On the bright side, I've managed to settle on a good roll (100+% heat damage (sweet), 100+% damage overall (!!!) and 100+% status duration (eh), with the only drawback being roughly -45% ammunition, which might as well not be there since the Opticor has way more ammo than it ever needs due to it being a friggn' laser cannon that is basically designed to be a one-hit-kill weapon). My Opticor build is an utter beast that lays waste to almost any enemy even at higher levels, with the bright side being it's a lot more fun to use than, say, the Soma - it's just so satisfying just obliterating one's enemies in one shot.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
The good news is that every frame can do most of the content in the game without being min-maxed, so you can keep leveling frames until you find one you want to invest in. Sooner or later you're gonna find one that you love. If you really wanted to find a main, what kind of playstyle do you want to play? Support? DPS? Tank? CC? A combo of any of these?

I really like playing Support/Tank/CC. I dont care much about DPS because I have guns n such. I have enjoyed Frost/Trinity/Loki/Ivara lately. Are there any other frames that that would be better for tank/support/dps?

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I really like playing Support/Tank/CC. I dont care much about DPS because I have guns n such. I have enjoyed Frost/Trinity/Loki/Ivara lately. Are there any other frames that that would be better for tank/support/dps?
Off the top of my head, Oberon. He can give the party a health regen buff (using his 3rd ability) as well as an armour buff (having his 3rd active once you've touched the area of his 2nd ability) which is nuts with boosted power strength. You can out heal tons of damage proved the Oberon has the energy (Because the regen is a drain ability, using Rage/ hunter adrenaline is almost mandatory, or Arcane energize if you have a set). His fourth skill deals damage, radiation procs enemies, and permanently strips armour, which is very good against Grineer and corrupted.

There's also Octavia, who is technically a support frame because she gives a dozen buffs to allies. It's sort of hard to explain all of her buffs and some require input from your party, but she's also a top-tier frame in general. Fantastic damage too on her abilites because they reflect damage.

Rhino also counts - Iron skin makes him a tank, Roar is a damage buff, and stomp CCs. I imagine you've leveled him by now though.

There are probably more, but those were the first three to come to mind.

Noisy Ninj4

Oct 25, 2017
Most frames fit multiple roles. Aside from the frame you mentioned, these are the ones that are good in the roles you liked.
Support: Harrow, oberron, Rhino, Banshee, Chroma, Octavia, Nidus
CC: Harrow, oberron, Rhino, Inaros, Banshee, Loki, Nidus
Tank: Rhino, Inaros, Chroma, Nidus

Rhino is my go to frame a lot of the time. I often use the Steel Charge augment so that his iron skin adds up to 6 figures of extra HP.

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Most frames fit multiple roles. Aside from the frame you mentioned, these are the ones that are good in the roles you liked.
Support: Harrow, oberron, Rhino, Banshee, Chroma, Octavia, Nidus
CC: Harrow, oberron, Rhino, Inaros, Banshee, Loki, Nidus
Tank: Rhino, Inaros, Chroma, Nidus

Rhino is my go to frame a lot of the time. I often use the Steel Charge augment so that his iron skin adds up to 6 figures of extra HP.

I forgot to mention my boi Nidus in my recommendations :( I also forgot to mention Ironclad charge, which is a great augment.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

gara. has 90% damage reduction that can also be cast on allies which doubles as scaling damage when you run into enemies and her barrier which can act as an aoe nuke.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Opitcor has unfortunately been replaced by the Battacor for me. It's like a combination of my two favorite weapons, Sybaris and Opticor, in one murder machine!
I still need to actually build that one, but the main iffy part is that it's really mainly suited to fighting Corpus and the need to use the secondary fire button for the beam attack. The middle mouse button is a tad awkward for that purpose, so I need to figure out where to put the secondary fire on a keyboard already stuffed with inputs, lol.

Last edited:

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Harrow has a really cool moveset that does support in creative ways, but you need to clear several storylines before you can unlock him, and one of the pieces is a huge pain to get.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
I still need to actually build that one, but the main iffy part is that it's really mainly suited to fighting Corpus and the need to use the secondary fire button for the beam attack. The middle mouse button is a tad awkward for that purpose, so I need to figure out where to put the secondary fire on a keyboard already stuffed with inputs, lol.

I use scroll down or side click depending on what mouse I'm using. Scroll wheel down is fine.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
man, 9 more rolls on my phantasma riven and no luck. my baro resource booster is gone so i guess i'll probably shelve warframe until fortuna hits consoles

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I have 156 premium currency, what should I buy?

I got 18 weapon slots total and 5 frame slots total.
Frame slots. There are around forty frames, and you'll have to play them all to find your favourites. You could also buy a couple of Orokin reactors (which double your mod capacity on warframes) - although you may wish to dispose of the base war frames that have primes when you get said primes, so this will be a temporary investment.

Weapon slots aren't a bad investment either, but if you're just starting it'll take you a while to get weapons worth keeping.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
I am going to be migrating to switch, so I need to buy now xD

Frame slots. There are around forty frames, and you'll have to play them all to find your favourites. You could also buy a couple of Orokin reactors (which double your mod capacity on warframes) - although you may wish to dispose of the base war frames that have primes when you get said primes, so this will be a temporary investment.

Weapon slots aren't a bad investment either, but if you're just starting it'll take you a while to get weapons worth keeping.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
Witnessing a new batch of players with mostly retail game experience trying Warframe with excitement and hope only to be crushed by the reality of F2P mechanic has never been not amusing.

I wonder how many Nintennos will stick around when all the dust settles...

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
Witnessing a new batch of players with mostly retail game experience trying Warframe with excitement and hope only to be crushed by the reality of F2P mechanic has never been not amusing.

I wonder how many Nintennos will stick around when all the dust settles...

it's funny, of course i also had tried to get into this game like...4-5 times since early access before i was able to really get into it.

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
it's funny, of course i also had tried to get into this game like...4-5 times since early access before i was able to really get into it.

Warframe is a game that you have to force yourself to play and get past the initial hours. After that you "get it" and then it becomes an amazing game. It happened and it still happens to a lot of people when they start playing it.