• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
It's no "Energy Leach Eximus exists", but it's pretty high on the worst things list.

Different kinds of awful I guess, Energy Leeches are less individually annoying but you do face them thoughout the game.

And on that topic, lasso enemies are even more frequent, so while they're easy to deal with individually, they're really annoying in groups when they chain lassos and you stop being able to play the game for like ten seconds. This is straight out bad design; taking control away from the player is near the very top in the list of things to be avoid in game design, due to how disproportionately frustrating it is versus the gameplay utility of it.

Blank

Oct 27, 2017
Earth ingredients never bothered me too much. The miss that only spawns on grineer docking tile sets on Pluto or some shit is way more annoying

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad I was able to get ride along while someone else was doing the Nightwave challenge. I definitely didn't want to go through that again so soon.

Oct 30, 2017
I have a railjack farming question. So, I'm at the segment where you need 15 argon Crystal's and I am wondering, do they still deteriorate once I put them into the console at the drydock? Or do I actually have to farm 15 of the damn things all in one go?

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
"Dear Warframe, Please stop being stingy and give me a damn Atlas Prime Neuroptics!"
This happened today:

"Dear Warframe, this is my last Axi R3 and all my previous attempt over many weeks for Redeemer Prime Handle failed and I don't have enough void traces to maximize my chances. Since I probably won't get it this time either and just want to do this Axi run for the Mobile Defense Nightwave, I'll just put 50 void traces in and get it over with."

And then I got the last part for Redeemer Prime.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't gotten that last Khora part from Sanctuary Onslaught

this game can be the worst sometimes

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Just came back after not playing since June, last thing I was doing was trying to get to a point where I could start killing Eidolons, I'm so behind even after dumping 700 hours into it. Apparently phase 2 of the melee rework also just happened and I'm in love with it right now.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This Kuva Lich stuff is making want to uninstall the game. After 2 weeks I've still not gotten rid of this first Lich.

I'd actually pay DE if they could get rid of this shite from my account lol.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Aaaand uninstalled.

My teammates killed my Lich, after it finally spawned again after 4 missions. 600 Hours in and never has an update ruined a videogame for me this much. Fuck this.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Your teammates can't kill your lich. That's not how the system works. They can down them for you, but it's up to you to actually do the code interaction.

If you mean that he left because you didn't interact with him, that sucks, but he has a very high chance of showing up afterward. Pick longer missions like survival or mobile defense.

Last edited:

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
New stuff from Baro is cosmetics again. A couple of decent looking ornaments I guess.

However, there are some good primed mods available if you don't have them:

Primed Pressure Point - more melee damage
Primed Point Blank - more shotgun damage

Consider those must-haves, with PPP taking highest priority. Primed Animal Instinct can also be useful if you have a little extra space in a companion loadout, and Primed Fast Hands also exists.

Prisma Grakata and Prisma Dual Cleavers are good weapons.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Your teammates can't kill your lich. That's not how the system works. They can down them for you, but it's up to you to actually do the code interaction.

If you mean that he left because you didn't interact with him, that sucks, but he has a very high chance of showing up afterward. Pick longer missions like survival or mobile defense.
I did. I did the first finisher. Then they destroyed him.

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
I did. I did the first finisher. Then they destroyed him.
They can't kill your lich. You need three requiem mods in the correct order to actually be able to kill him. What I gather from your post is that you hit him with the first requiem and your friends took his second health bar before he left. But only you can kill your lich, no one else can.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
I've also run in to a weird bug that sometimes it appears you've taken off the health bar, but the word was actually wrong and you still die over it, just without the backbreaker animation.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They can't kill your lich. You need three requiem mods in the correct order to actually be able to kill him. What I gather from your post is that you hit him with the first requiem and your friends took his second health bar before he left. But only you can kill your lich, no one else can.
YES WELL THEY DEFINITELY MADE MINE GO AWAY.

Jesus christ.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
We're just having a hard time understanding what you mean as it seems like you're suggesting something impossible happened.

Does the lich no longer have any presence on the star chart? No more red blotches on nodes and occasional messages?
They damaged it. Got rid of the first healthbar. I did the animation. Correct mod. They then proceeded to blast the living shit out of it before I had the chance to do the finisher two more times.

It's still on the start chart. Has infected about a fourth of all planets now (if not more). I can't be arsed anymore. Warfarme done uninstalled. DE sort your shit out.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
They damaged it. Got rid of the first healthbar. I did the animation. Correct mod. They then proceeded to blast the living shit out of it before I had the chance to do the finisher two more times.
I'm trying to figure out how that's even possible. Did you leave the area to do an objective or something?

The way it's supposed to go is first health bar, parazon, second health bar, parazon, third health bar, parazon. Each time a health bar is depleted you have ten seconds to get in there and stab the thing before it gets back up. If the health is depleted 3 times without a parazon attempt, THEN the kuva lich will leave.

If it happened the way you say it happened, it had to be a bug.

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
That dev stream was like a mini tennocon.

Though not that great for ghost clan players. Doesn't look like crew hosting/joining is for outside the clan.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

It's still on the start chart. Has infected about a fourth of all planets now (if not more). I can't be arsed anymore. Warfarme done uninstalled. DE sort your shit out.

that's not a bug. it's a feature because people weren't attempting kills on their liches, leaving them there for the entire mission. if you go into another mission of theirs chances are good that it'll appear again. go solo if you don't want teammates making it flee.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
That dev stream was like a mini tennocon.

Though not that great for ghost clan players. Doesn't look like crew hosting/joining is for outside the clan.

They did mention that the ship is dependent on the host which makes me think there will be matchmaking? Ibet they'll have a feedback thread to address questions.

I'm much more concerned with their reiteration that this is gonna have to be co-op for the harder content. Although I belong to our fantastic clan, my internet is piss poor and I'm often doing things solo.

Inskipp

Oct 11, 2018
Finland
They seemed to be hinting in the dev stream that there are some "ship mods" that make it easier to play solo, and that generally solo-players would take a more stealthy approach to complete objectives, which seems fine by me. Whether or not this will be true remains to be seen however.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone get random heavy attacks when spamming normal attacks. Any way to prevent it? What causes it, some combo, glitch, misreading a tap as a hold?

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
They did mention that the ship is dependent on the host which makes me think there will be matchmaking? Ibet they'll have a feedback thread to address questions.

I'm much more concerned with their reiteration that this is gonna have to be co-op for the harder content. Although I belong to our fantastic clan, my internet is piss poor and I'm often doing things solo.
Yeah, it's good because this will make Warframe streams actually fun to watch than just seeing them farm, which you rather do yourself. And bad because especially in the dev stream you can see them struggle even with voice communication, had god mode on and they mentioned that if the ship goes down, you get a full party wipe. If you think failing spy missions with a team is bad.... imagine how much rage in the community will be when people start pointing fingers when things are going downhill in a Railjack mission and you get a full party wipe. Especially on console where typing is slow and not everyone has voice communication. The pinging order commands is cool though, very MOBA-like.

I guess it is the opposite of the current state where one person can carry so hard, that people start pointing fingers for causing them boredom.

As a Switch player in EU, I really worry about the userbase and without a public crew matchmaking it's gonna really really tough.

That said, DE acknowledges it's gonna be done the DE way, basically probably launched very unbalanced but with iterations we'll come to a good place. It looks absolutely insane.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
That said, DE acknowledges it's gonna be done the DE way, basically probably launched very unbalanced but with iterations we'll come to a good place. It looks absolutely insane.

I thought the DE way was "release in borderline unplayable state, release a couple of fixes that don't solve the core issues, say "fuck it" and move to the next shiny thing". Hopefully with all the time they're investing in this they will put a bit more effort before giving up...

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Yeah... that's a lot of alerts.

z6QkSHm.jpg

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
And bad because especially in the dev stream you can see them struggle even with voice communication, had god mode on and they mentioned that if the ship goes down, you get a full party wipe.

Actually funny thing, they didn't have god mode on they just had one of their mods not working correctly.

Which provides another really interesting and well appreciated detail, you have a timer to get out of critical health and keep going instead of the mission instantly wiping.

Also holy crap switch players, i think that might be the longest alert notification ever.

I thought the DE way was "release in borderline unplayable state, release a couple of fixes that don't solve the core issues, say "fuck it" and move to the next shiny thing". Hopefully with all the time they're investing in this they will put a bit more effort before giving up...

I suspect this will be more like Plains/Vallis where it gets a lot of tweaking and significant revisions spread out over time.

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017

Which provides another really interesting and well appreciated detail, you have a timer to get out of critical health and keep going instead of the mission instantly wiping.
That actually looks well thought out. Wiping is more hardcore, but 4 people going in panic mode and scrambling to 'revive' a dying ship is more fun.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

That actually looks well thought out. Wiping is more hardcore, but 4 people going in panic mode and scrambling to 'revive' a dying ship is more fun.

Yeah, this sounds far better. Hopefully it will be like one of these panic moments in FTL that are pretty much game-defining. :)

I suspect this will be more like Plains/Vallis where it gets a lot of tweaking and significant revisions spread out over time.

I really hope so, but it's not like they haven't left entire systems in the Plains / Vallis for dead, either; e.g. capture (birds are still broken 95% of the time, land animals still get randomly killed on appearance). And I hope to god the quests are a bit more varied and interesting than the mind-numbingly dreadful bounties.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Anyone else hoping they dont wait until right before christmas break to drop this update? I remember one of the times they did a update like that, it shipped with some major issues and no one was around to fix it for 2-3 weeks and community was not happy at all about it.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has DE ever discussed dedicated servers and the reason they're not in? High pings and host migrations are incredibly annoying.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Anyone else hoping they dont wait until right before christmas break to drop this update? I remember one of the times they did a update like that, it shipped with some major issues and no one was around to fix it for 2-3 weeks and community was not happy at all about it.

That's exactly what's going to happen. It's kind of fucking amazing how they STILL DON'T LEARN and keep doing this. 26.0 dropped on a Thursday. 26.1 dropped on a Friday. With the latter they directly told people to wait until Monday for fixes.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Actually funny thing, they didn't have god mode on they just had one of their mods not working correctly.

Also holy crap switch players, i think that might be the longest alert notification ever.

I actually really like that there's no instant wipe. It looks like Railjack is gonna be more hectic, but in turn have more "safety" features so it doesn't feel unfair. I imagine you'll actually be quite safe, but feels like you're in constant danger. It's never fun when the margin of error is so small that one mistake can lead to a loss, but it's also not fun when you're not being pushed at all.