• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm definitely loving the game now even tho I'm still a bit on the "autopilot"... I kinda go through the missions one after the other without a real mid/long time goal cause I still don't understand enough of the game I guess?

Anyway

One big thing that still bugs me is the fact I have basically still not spent any in game currency so far... Like I see a lot of vendors with a lot of different kind of items and lots of different currencies but I have no fucking clue what I should be looking for, if I should be buying anything, if there's anything I should try to work toward, etc... That whole side of the game is still completely obscure to me.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
Put RV at the end, I think it'd roll off the tongue better.

Speaking of Railjack.

how many missions was that? the one vidar reactor i got was only 49, the same as my highest zekti.

Managed to upgrade my Railjack quite a bit and did a solo mission in the Veil Proxima.
At the start it was genuinely fun and exciting, but it started drag after a while, too many fighter and crewship kills.
And that healing aura from crewships is bullshit, heals far too quickly.
Also it bugs out and doesn't expire sometimes. Atleast I hope that's a bug, it'd be pretty stupid if it was meant to last forever.

wait, what? that explains so much. and yeah i completely agree. it just ends up taking far too long so i jump out in amensha and be (almost) unkillable with infinite energy and a slow that actually works.

is there a way to use tactical avionics while piloting or is that only available while in warframe / archwing?

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm definitely loving the game now even tho I'm still a bit on the "autopilot"... I kinda go through the missions one after the other without a real mid/long time goal cause I still don't understand enough of the game I guess?

Anyway

One big thing that still bugs me is the fact I have basically still not spent any in game currency so far... Like I see a lot of vendors with a lot of different kind of items and lots of different currencies but I have no fucking clue what I should be looking for, if I should be buying anything, if there's anything I should try to work toward, etc... That whole side of the game is still completely obscure to me.
I'll pass on what I was told and frequently came across for new players

Finish the star chart first
You'll learn as you go through the game, looking something up on the wiki or watching videos. After that you just choose whatever you're interested in doing or working towards.

Each faction/syndicate has their own "standing" which is used to rank up with them and purchase syndicate specific items. You earn standing by completing their missions.

The credits you see when bringing up the menu is mostly used for buying blueprints (frames, weapons) in the game's market located in your orbiter, ranking up mods, building stuff in the foundry and researching stuff in the dojo. Some items will be locked until you hit a certain rank.

Not feeling the grind for Ivara Prime...
I found it somewhat painless. The one trouble I had was jumping into random fissure missions and hoping for the best... I shouldn't have done that lol Always radshare.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I'll pass on what I was told and frequently came across for new players

Finish the star chart first
You'll learn as you go through the game, looking something up on the wiki or watching videos. After that you just choose whatever you're interested in doing or working towards.

Each faction/syndicate has their own "standing" which is used to rank up with them and purchase syndicate specific items. You earn standing by completing their missions.

The credits you see when bringing up the menu is mostly used for buying blueprints (frames, weapons) in the game's market located in your orbiter, ranking up mods, building stuff in the foundry and researching stuff in the dojo. Some items will be locked until you hit a certain rank.

I found it somewhat painless. The one trouble I had was jumping into random fissure missions and hoping for the best... I shouldn't have done that lol Always radshare.
Ok thanks... And what constitute "The Starchart" exactly... Every missions on every planet on that navigation screen? There is a LOT of planets! haha

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Ok thanks... And what constitute "The Starchart" exactly... Every missions on every planet on that navigation screen? There is a LOT of planets! haha

Yeah, completing the starchart means playing every mission at least once. Believe me, that's a drop in the bucket compared to the time you can spend after that, hahah. I also second that this should be your first focus and should keep you busy and entertained for a while.

The other focus should be completing the Nightwave missions that you can, since they're time-limited and the rewards are very nice. If there's one specific mission (er, or several, because this is Warframe) that you don't know exactly what you need to do about, just ask here.

Also probably worth noting a big gotcha with Nightwave missions; when it says "complete X different bounties" or "capture X different animals", it really means "different", i.e. completing the same bounting twice, or capturing the same species of animal twice, won't count.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nightwave progression will likely be slow due to locked challenges but its definitely worth doing the ones you can. The rewards most important will be Orokin Reactors and Catalysts (the potatoes, and not to be confused with Orokin Cells) as they double your frame and weapon mod capacity. Nightwave is available on a console in your Orbiter (directly on your left as you come up from below) or in your menu and navigation

or capturing the same species of animal twice, won't count.
Same species but different genders do count however

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Nightwave progression will likely be slow due to locked challenges but its definitely worth doing the ones you can. The rewards most important will be Orokin Reactors and Catalysts (the potatoes, and not to be confused with Orokin Cells) as they double your frame and weapon mod capacity. Nightwave is available on a console in your Orbiter (directly on your left as you come up from below) or in your menu and navigation

Same species but different genders do count however
Yeah I've been at 9500/1000 to get to level 1 in Nightwave for like 2 days now haha... Haven't looked at today's challenge yet but hopefully there'll be something I can complete to at least get to level 1.

The first reward is 150 of that Nightwave currency... Anything I should be looking into buying in that store?

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've been at 9500/1000 to get to level 1 in Nightwave for like 2 days now haha... Haven't looked at today's challenge yet but hopefully there'll be something I can complete to at least get to level 1.

The first reward is 150 of that Nightwave currency... Anything I should be looking into buying in that store?
Orokin Reactor and Catalysts should be your first go-to. One of each should be doable at 150 since they're 75 credits a piece IIRC. What frame are you using? And weapons? Are you feeling good about them? If not, you could save them if you're not having trouble with enemies at the moment and install on gear you think you'll stick with for a while

Also, do you still have your starter platinum? or any platinum?

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Orokin Reactor and Catalysts should be your first go-to. One of each should be doable at 150 since they're 75 credits a piece IIRC. What frame are you using? And weapons? Are you feeling good about them? If not, you could save them if you're not having trouble with enemies at the moment and install on gear you think you'll stick with for a while

Also, do you still have your starter platinum? or any platinum?
So... Since you can't reset your account I had to pick back up the frame I created years ago... I have an Excalibur with the rifle, pistol and staff. I did however just unlocked yesterday the rifle and dual blades that came with I think the starter pack? Anyway I had to craft them in the foundry and I am leveling them now. My frame is around 25 or 26 I think.

The cap is 30 right? Should I start working on a second frame right away once I get to 30?

Edit:

Karak Weapon Blueprint
Solid, dependable and deadly. The Karak is a standard issue rifle in many Grineer platoons.

Dual Skana Weapon Blueprint
A shorter Skana in each hand. Can hit multiple targets.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
The cap is 30 right? Should I start working on a second frame right away once I get to 30?
I think so, since you're probably not going to be swimming in forma for a while.

Unless you need all your best gear to do a mission, you should generally always be trying to level something, whether it's a weapon or warframe.

I'd recommend farming Rhino from Venus as soon as you can.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I think so, since you're probably not going to be swimming in forma for a while.

Unless you need all your best gear to do a mission, you should generally always be trying to level something, whether it's a weapon or warframe.

I'd recommend farming Rhino from Venus as soon as you can.
Cool thanks, will do! I actually have to go kill The Jackal as my next "main" mission... I got completely destroyed the first time I tried haha, hopefully it will be better now that I have played more.

I guess should probably joing the clan too. Using the same name as here if somebody can shoot me an invite, much appreciated!

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
New favorite bug: when Atlas' rumblers are active before entering dry dock, they'll remain permanently independent from Atlas' skill duration. Then you can stack more and more til you have an army of rumblers. This is me with 10 rumblers (I would've made more but I accidentally loaded into a mission instead of free flight).

hIc7U4g.jpg

I think I had the similar thing happen with a Wukong celestial twin in the first day of empyrean.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
This is a really minor thing but I wish you could launch the game without the launcher and with auto login. Launching the game while in Big Picture Mode is a pain.

Path of Exile is a similar live game and you don't need to login manually if you have linked your Steam account with your POE account. I wish they would do the same.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cool thanks, will do! I actually have to go kill The Jackal as my next "main" mission... I got completely destroyed the first time I tried haha, hopefully it will be better now that I have played more.

I guess should probably joing the clan too. Using the same name as here if somebody can shoot me an invite, much appreciated!
Rhino is my most used frame. He's like a cozy blanket.
I played Frost for a good portion of the star chart since I mostly solo'd but quickly outgrew him once I got a hang of the things.

Frame and weapon slots will become a thing so I'd recommend throwing some platinum at it as soon as you can

20 platinum for a frame slot
12 platinum for two weapon slots

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

I remember being destroyed by the Jackal too back then. The trick is to stay behind the columns because his frontal chainguns do a lot of damage.

As for what to get with Nightwave cred, I would perhaps beg to differ and encourage you to get your first auras, which was what GlitchesAreCool told me back then and it was solid advice. Perhaps spend 75 in an Orokin Reactor (I would priorize reactors as catalysts seem easier to come by), pick an aura you like for each of the common aura slot polarities (e.g. Physique, Loot Detector and Steel Charge) and the rest on Nitain Extract which one never seems to have enough of. The selection of available auras changes from week to week, at the same time as the weekly challenges cycle, so check back each week.

If you don't know about Auras, they go into the specific Aura slot of your Warframe, and they're particularly useful because they not only provide a buff for the entire party; they actually give you mod capacity when installed, rather than substracting from it, like other mods. A max level aura in a matching polarity aura slot will give you 14 (18 in the case of Steel Charge) extra points to allocate mods, which is incredibly helpful (it's the same as weapon stances).

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Rhino is my most used frame. He's like a cozy blanket.
I played Frost for a good portion of the star chart since I mostly solo'd but quickly outgrew him once I got a hang of the things.

Frame and weapon slots will become a thing so I'd recommend throwing some platinum at it as soon as you can

20 platinum for a frame slot
12 platinum for two weapon slots
I remember being destroyed by the Jackal too back then. The trick is to stay behind the columns because his frontal chainguns do a lot of damage.

As for what to get with Nightwave cred, I would perhaps beg to differ and encourage you to get your first auras, which was what GlitchesAreCool told me back then and it was solid advice. Perhaps spend 75 in an Orokin Reactor (I would priorize reactors as catalysts seem easier to come by), pick an aura you like for each of the common aura slot polarities (e.g. Physique, Loot Detector and Steel Charge) and the rest on Nitain Extract which one never seems to have enough of. The selection of available auras changes from week to week, at the same time as the weekly challenges cycle, so check back each week.

If you don't know about Auras, they go into the specific Aura slot of your Warframe, and they're particularly useful because they not only provide a buff for the entire party; they actually give you mod capacity when installed, rather than substracting from it, like other mods. A max level aura in a matching polarity aura slot will give you 14 (18 in the case of Steel Charge) extra points to allocate mods, which is incredibly helpful (it's the same as weapon stances).
Thanks!

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
This is a really minor thing but I wish you could launch the game without the launcher and with auto login. Launching the game while in Big Picture Mode is a pain.

Path of Exile is a similar live game and you don't need to login manually if you have linked your Steam account with your POE account. I wish they would do the same.

I agree 100%: starting the launcher, waiting for it to check updates, clicking play, waiting for the game itself to load, and having to enter your password is a massive pain in the ass. I should not have to babysit a game for 30 seconds every time I want to play; it's incredibly outdated design in a world of getting customers into your product as soon as possible, but unfortunately probably in line with the rest of Warframe's unhelpful design.

Re: platinum, spend it in Warframe and weapon slots, you'll always need more of these. Ignore the other kinds of slots: you'll very rarely need more robotics, amp or vehicle slots. Another thing I liked to unlock is those extra colors in the basic palette, since it's something you'll get use of forever.

And another newbie trap: don't use Orokin reactors on non-prime Warframes. I made this mistake because you seem to get quite a few reactors at first while prime warframes seem unreachable, but late game is the opposite and you'll get a new reactor once in a blue moon, while you'll have so many primes you won't have enough reactors for all of them.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Out of curiosity... What is that red thing on my neck?

B97130B8108C8EBBDBFAFD16F31398D2A6B50938

That's a Heminth Cyst. The actual mechanics are almost too weird for words, hahah:
Basically you get it from contact with other Warframes with it, and it:
a) can be permanently removed at the infirmary within your orbiter, that you can only access when you have it.
b) or alternatively can be drained when hatching a Kubrow (dog) to turn it into a helminth charget instead.
Since pretty much every one of your warframes will get it at some point in time, and there's not much point in making more than one helminth charger, you can safely remove it for now if you find it ugly.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks guy....man this game wtf haha

Also... lol at the first Trivia entry on the wiki:

Although it is referred to as a virus by the community, the Helminth Virus can be more accurately described as an infectious disease. These include a majority of infectious agents including viruses, plagues, and helminths.

Anyway... I don't think I have access to the infirmary yet?

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017

Although it is referred to as a virus by the community, the Helminth Virus can be more accurately described as an infectious disease. These include a majority of infectious agents including viruses, plagues, and helminths.

You won't be able to access it until it's fully grown. You'll know when that is because there'll be a little ramen noodle sticking out of the Cyst.

It's the infected looking room at the back of the Orbiter, can't miss it.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

You do, on account that you're infected, hahah. It's the "red door" on the lower part of the orbiter. Edit: Forgot that it has to fully mature first, I think I just never notice them until they are grown.

Also, yep, Warframe is surprisingly educative regarding biology, and for whatever reason, parasitology in particular; I remember there was another reference to it somewhere. Perhaps one of the devs has a background in it?

Edit: Ah, yeah, the reference was the Ascaris, the thing Vor puts on your Warframe to attempt to control it right at the start of the game; in real life it apparently refers to a specific type of parasitic worms (while helminth seems to refer to all parasitic worms).

Last edited:

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I believe there's a current alert for an Orokin Catalyst blueprint so get on that when you can. If you need a taxi just ask.

Another thing, the devs stream often and do Twitch drops on Thursdays and Fridays which can include fully built Formas like this past Friday's stream! Other times it's resources, glyphs and maybe even weapons like the Glaxion Vandal most recently. So what I'm saying is to keep up with their Prime Time and Dev streams :)

And another newbie trap: don't use Orokin reactors on non-prime Warframes.

I would disagree with this. Since both the Reactor and Catalyst are available through Nightwave as rewards and offerings I think it's best to double the mod capacity asap to increase survivability and have a less frustrating experience overall.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
What are Prime? Kind of better version of a regular item?

Also..lmao... Of course the game has 80s synth themed hoverboards... I'm not even surprised anymore haha

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I would disagree with this. Since both the Reactor and Catalyst are available through Nightwave as rewards and offerings I think it's best to double the mod capacity asap to increase survivability and have a less frustrating experience overall.

You don't really need reactors or catalysts for the low level content, and I personally regret having put mine on my base Excalibur. Warframe is already a very easy game without them, occassional bumps like the aforementioned Jackal excluded.

Blank

Oct 27, 2017

Also..lmao... Of course the game has 89s synth themed hoverboards... I'm not even surprised anymore haha

Primes are enhanced versions of warframes. They get bonus armor/shields (hp sometimes?) and some pre-existing slots modded. They also get some passive full energy restore when you jump on the orbs in the void missions.

Other than some minor armor/shields and that almost negligible passive, they're the same as regular frames except they come with a few "free" forma'd slots filled in. As a mix/maxer, it's generally worth just getting the Prime version versus the regular version to invest in. That said, many of the new frames won't have prime versions for literal years... so if Gauss is your favorite frame ever? Forma it.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

Pretty much that, yes; you get their parts and blueprints from relics, which is a system you might want to look into when you're not overwhelmed digesting everything else, hahah. In the case of Warframes, their Prime version has more polarized slots and better stats, and to top it off, their appearance can be set to that of the non-Prime version if you like it more, so they literally supersede non-Primes in every possible way.

Also..lmao... Of course the game has 89s synth themed hoverboards... I'm not even surprised anymore haha

If it's rad, it's in the game. No exceptions. :)
(actually, the game doesn't have transforming mecha that I can remember, or even mecha in general. A grievous omission that will hopefully be corrected soon).

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
That said, many of the new frames won't have prime versions for literal years... so if Gauss is your favorite frame ever? Forma it.

Yeah, I was going to say that the exception to "don't forma / reactor non-prime Warframes" are very recent frames that won't get prime versions in a long time, but then I realized he's not going to get any of these frames in the near future, so I didn't want to further muddle things.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
You do, on account that you're infected, hahah. It's the "red door" on the lower part of the orbiter. Edit: Forgot that it has to fully mature first, I think I just never notice them until they are grown.
Fyi I just checked and the door does not open. I think I probably got infected one of the times I did a mission with the matchmaking enabled by accident.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
As a sidenote, I want to thank you guys... You've all been awesome at helping me trying to figure out this monster of a game!

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
As a sidenote, I want to thank you guys... You've all been awesome at helping me trying to figure out this monster of a game!

You're welcome! They say the WF community in general is one of the friendliest (I'm inclined to agree), and I have no doubt this is due to empathy / PSTD from remembering having to brave and figure out the most obscure game ever. :D

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You don't really need reactors or catalysts for the low level content, and I personally regret having put mine on my base Excalibur. Warframe is already a very easy game without them, occassional bumps like the aforementioned Jackal excluded.
It could be because I mostly solo'd? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm still rocking my non-Prime Rhino with Reactor and 3 Formas (including an Aura Forma) lol I refuse to spend the plat for Prime Rhino

This is interesting, but are you sure it's because of their genders and not because of different subspecies / rarities?
I'm fairly certain
I remember doing the Nightwave challenge and was annoyed the same type came around only to be surprised that it counted towards it. I think recall a reddit comment confirming it after googling.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
It could be because I mostly solo'd? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm still rocking my non-Prime Rhino with Reactor and 3 Formas (including an Aura Forma) lol I refuse to spend the plat for Prime Rhino

Like anything else with Warframe, it comes down to personal preference, but it's true that it also depends on the Warframe. I'm much less salty about potatoing my Frost since I'm probably never going to bother getting the Prime version, but the Excalibur hurt especially due to the properties of Umbra and how you get it.

I'm fairly certain
I remember doing the Nightwave challenge and was annoyed the same type came around only to be surprised that it counted towards the challenge. I think recall a reddit comment confirming it after googling.

If it was any other game, I'd be shocked at the game deciding whether a perfect capture counts or not based on a factor that is outside of the player's control, completely random, and otherwise entirely irrelevant for gameplay, but of course this is WF we're talking about. :D

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, I just completely destroyed the Jackal haha... Feels good!

And i got the Rhino systems blueprint.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
how many missions was that? the one vidar reactor i got was only 49, the same as my highest zekti.

Like my tenth or so veil mission. It was an end of mission reward.

Holy Crap, great drop! Is it still possible to hit your railjack capacity with maxxed out mods, or do you still have room free?

I'm short a few hundred Asterite I think. It'll take a little bit before I can build it and see. I'm not fully on driving my own railjack around out of Earth yet.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Any reason to keep more than one copy of the same blueprint? I got two Harrow chassis blueprints during the same mission just now.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like anything else with Warframe, it comes down to personal preference, but it's true that it also depends on the Warframe. I'm much less salty about potatoing my Frost since I'm probably never going to bother getting the Prime version, but the Excalibur hurt especially due to the properties of Umbra and how you get it.
Acquiring Umbra was such a pleasant surprise and is so much fun to play. I picked up the Zato collection and have been using him for Sorties and Arbitrations recently :D

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Any reason to keep more than one copy of the same blueprint? I got two Harrow chassis blueprints during the same mission just now.
not for regular blueprints

prime blueprints and parts are tradeable, though. you can trade them to other players for platinum or sell them at the ducat terminal in relays

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
All right... Managed to finish two Nightwave missions at the same time so I finally leveled up and got 150 creds to spend...

+60% Melee damage aura sounds nice and it's only 20 bucks.

Then I would only have enough left for one of the Oroking thing left...