• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So I got the three components blueprints for the Rhino (only took 4 Jackal runs so not too bad)... Do I automatically get the overall Rhino blueprint once I have created the three components or I still need to find it somewhere?

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
So I got the three components blueprints for the Rhino (only took 4 Jackal runs so not too bad)... Do I automatically get the overall Rhino blueprint once I have created the three components or I still need to find it somewhere?

Go on the market and look for Rhino blueprint, it should be purchasable with credits.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
That's how it is for most of the base Warframes. There are a few exceptions, like Khora and Ivara, or the clan-based ones like Banshee where you can just buy all three components and the blueprint from the research hall.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Any reason to keep more than one copy of the same blueprint? I got two Harrow chassis blueprints during the same mission just now.

"two" :)

12A63D3232C6C0872AA7EE5071CCB7F40F13C3F3

6948256af883c256b7ad2e95726fe51c8bf5e1291f25b4234fc0a499fca8fafd_1.jpg

everywhere-i-go-harrow-chassis-blueprint-i-see-his-face-62438104.png

Harrow is the biggest tease in all of Warframe. I have sold several hundred chassis blueprints, yet after almost 600 hours, I still don't have the Warframe itself. :P

That's how it is for most of the base Warframes. There are a few exceptions, like Khora and Ivara, or the clan-based ones like Banshee where you can just buy all three components and the blueprint from the research hall.

I completely, totally forgot about the clan Warframes. Megasoum, these would be the easiest ones for you to get right now, assuming you have enough materials for them. Just go to the Tenno lab in the dojo and replicate the blueprints for credit

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
As far as I know, if the market doesn't let you buy the blueprint directly, it'll instead tell you where to obtain that Warframe.

Blank

Oct 27, 2017
The market UI is garbage btw. Make sure you don't buy something for plat by mistake. There are small icons/options for buying for credits etc

Oct 30, 2017
I recommend picking up a Volt early on if you can. He has a really good mixture of abilities, plus he looks cool. Volt was my second Warframe and pretty much carried me through most of the star map until I got my hands on a Chroma Prime.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks guys

I started working on the Rhino last night. I got two pieces in the oven and still missing some mats for the third one. And then it's an extra 72h for the big blueprint. I still have a while to go with the Excalibur.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Btw, just in case it got lost in the discussion from yesterday, I'd love to get a clan invite whenever possible. I'm also Megasoum in game. Thanks!

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
1mio is a lot to ask for, multiple times even, lol.

If you mean the Railjack, it's six times a million to be precise. Pony up! :D

(it's surprisingly easy to farm the money in the index with a credit multiplier. It can't have taken me more than two hours to farm the 6 million, and unlike most other farms, this one is at least kind of fun).

Btw, just in case it got lost in the discussion from yesterday, I'd love to get a clan invite whenever possible. I'm also Megasoum in game. Thanks!

Give this man an invite! :P

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
It did get lost, sorry.

(it's surprisingly easy to farm the money in the index with a credit multiplier.

Don't even need the booster. It's easy to score gangbusters rapidly. You know what's even faster? Bringing Chroma to Profit Taker when you have that unlocked. The pelt can double her credit drop at the end giving you a cool quarter million in about five minutes. Or you can score dumb shit like this.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Don't even need the booster. It's easy to score gangbusters rapidly. You know what's even faster? Bringing Chroma to Profit Taker when you have that unlocked. The pelt can double her credit drop at the end giving you a cool quarter million in about five minutes. Or you can score dumb shit like this.

I'm nowhere close to max standing with Solaris, hahah, so that's out of the question for me. Still, with a credit booster, mid-risk index is 310k in profit per round (more if you stay more than one round). With a decent team (which is easier to find in mid-risk), that usually lasts less than 5 minutes. Granted, you only get money, vs all the drops from Profit Taker, but still.

No worries, got it now! Thanks

And sorry derFeef missed your invite.. I was doing the challenge to last at least 30min in a Survival mission... And I died at 27min....

*Screams internally*

Yikes, hahah. You should ask someone in the guild to help you, there's bound to be a lot of people that haven't done it yet. I just did it today, but if you don't find anyone else before the weekend I'll carry you.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
3 shedu pieces and a 87 capacity vidar engine from one mission. not bad

edit: in one of hotfixes did they change the amount of resources you get back for scrapping a built piece to be higher than 50%?

Last edited:

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
No worries, got it now! Thanks

And sorry derFeef missed your invite.. I was doing the challenge to last at least 30min in a Survival mission... And I died at 27min....

*Screams internally*
No problem :) Was doing that myself too. What Mastery Level are you by now?
If you have not already, do some Rescue missions and collect some Specter blueprints. If you do solo a lot like me, they are basically an AI clone of yours (or with whatever arsenal you fit them out with) and help a lot. Just don't spawn them on Nightmare missions as they will go rogue on you ;)

Pantaghana

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Croatia
Anyone planning on doing the Grendel missions? I'm only now getting around to farming vitus essences to get the locators, already bought them for chassis and neuroptics (I probably should have checked here before doing that).

Hear the missions are tough and don't want to slog through them solo.

[EDIT]
Farmed all the vitus and bought the last locator.

Last edited:

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody else get their "Chat Scale" setting reset everytime you restart the game?

Actually... The slider is still set to 150 in the option after I restart but the chat is back to normal size...I have to re-apply the setting everytime.

Edit: Looks like it has been a bug for a while with Big Picture Mode... Great...

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Anyone planning on doing the Grendel missions? I'm only now getting around to farming vitus essences to get the locators, already bought them for chassis and neuroptics (I probably should have checked here before doing that).

Hear the missions are tough and don't want to slog through them solo.

[EDIT]
Farmed all the vitus and bought the last locator.

Actually I was just a few days ago telling my SO "we should get Grendel, but I hear the missions are pretty hard on account of mods not working there". We'd love to do them with you, when's a good time for you? (also specify timezone)

Also to anyone who has done them, any suggestion on equipment? I'm wondering if I can just counter everyone to death with Wukong. :D

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Actually I was just a few days ago telling my SO "we should get Grendel, but I hear the missions are pretty hard on account of mods not working there". We'd love to do them with you, when's a good time for you? (also specify timezone)

Also to anyone who has done them, any suggestion on equipment? I'm wondering if I can just counter everyone to death with Wukong. :D

Because of the mod restrictions, I used the frame with the most health I had (Inaros), with the most hard hitting melee I could equip (Gram Prime). I will confess that acquiring this frame wasn't a fun time for me, but at least the drops are guaranteed. I just grouped up with randoms, and we managed to get through it. Something I learned later is that some mods still can be used (eg: warframe augments). More info can be found in Acquisition under Grendel on the wiki.

Good luck!

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Because of the mod restrictions, I used the frame with the most health I had (Inaros), with the most hard hitting melee I could equip (Gram Prime). I will confess that acquiring this frame wasn't a fun time for me, but at least the drops are guaranteed. I just grouped up with randoms, and we managed to get through it. Something I learned later is that some mods still can be used (eg: warframe augments). More info can be found in Acquisition under Grendel on the wiki.

Good luck!

Thank you! Inaros does have a lot of health and ability to keep himself alive. I'm wondering if Trinity might be a good choice too.

Emperor_El

Oct 29, 2017
Zephyr
Zephyr Prime
Inaros
Vauban Prime

I've never had this many frames cooking at one time.1 more piece of Ivara Prime and I can add that to the list too.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
any fun atlas builds that dont require his 1?
Not fun, but I mostly modded mine for survivability (vitality/armor/adaptation/hunter adrenaline). I did that before he was primed but his primed variant feels noticeably tankier, and this is without trying to build his rubble.

The rest I put 1 into efficiency mod, cunning drift, one slot for augments and the rest in power strength. I typically like his tectonic fracture because you can do things like block multiple choke points, jail a sortie defense target, or (mostly) cover a mobile defense/excavation objective without annoying your teammates (like a frost/limbo bubble or khora ragdoll dome that's way too big than it should be)

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Megasoum
Theres an Invasion going with an Orokin Reactor blueprint as a reward at the moment

Not fun, but I mostly modded mine for survivability (vitality/armor/adaptation/hunter adrenaline). I did that before he was primed but his primed variant feels noticeably tankier, and this is without trying to build his rubble.

The rest I put 1 into efficiency mod, cunning drift, one slot for augments and the rest in power strength. I typically like his tectonic fracture because you can do things like block multiple choke points, jail a sortie defense target, or (mostly) cover a mobile defense/excavation objective without annoying your teammates (like a frost/limbo bubble or khora ragdoll dome that's way too big than it should be)
Thanks!
I wanted some ideas before building Prime... and buying his deluxe skin :D

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Next door on Phobos, I believe. Mars had the Catalyst? I forget. Either way, don't be shy about asking for help :D
Actually, I think the was I was talking about was on Venus or Mercury cause umi just unlocked Mars and only did 1-2 missions.

And yeah for sure about the help... Man... I'm stuck in a Christmas family thing right now and I
fucking wish I was at home playing warframe lol.

My next immediate goal is to unlock the Rhino but I can't get the last few mats needed for the last of the three pieces. I need plastids and a control module but I haven't seen any drop for a while (or ever).

I'm starting to see the f2p stuff showing up now that I am doing more work in the foundry and also started the incubation... So many timers everywhere!

Even once I will find the last mats I need, I will have to wait for the part to complete and then another 72hours for the overall blueprint to process.

There are a lot of f2p games that are a lot worse with their design and mtx stuff for sure but it's the first time I hit a but of a wall... Like my Excalibur is already max level and has been for a few days now. In a best case scenario I would get me second Warframe in 72h unless I pay platinum so I kinda feel like I'm "wasting" time (or at least not being optimal) when I'm playing and not leveling everything at the same time lol.

Last edited:

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Actually, I think the was I was talking about was on Venus or Mercury cause umi just unlocked Mars and only did 1-2 missions.

And yeah for sure about the help... Man... I'm stuck in a Christmas family thing right now and I

My next immediate goal is to unlock the Rhino but I can't get the last few mats needed for the last of the three pieces. I need plastids and a control module but I haven't seen any drop for a while (or ever).

I'm starting to see the f2p stuff showing up now that I am doing more work in the foundry and also started the incubation... So many timers everywhere!

Even once I will find the last mats I need, I will have to wait for the part to complete and then another 72hours for the overall blueprint to process.
Yeah, did the family thing earlier today to have a peaceful evening :)

Plastids and Control Modules drop locations

Control Modules will drop from these
gnDRqO6.png

They'll be scattered around the levels

As for the timers... yeah. Well, at first. You'll ignore them for the most part as you get comfortable with a frame/weapons

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

There are a lot of f2p games that are a lot worse with their design and mtx stuff for sure but it's the first time I hit a but of a wall... Like my Excalibur is already max level and has been for a few days now. In a best case scenario I would get me second Warframe in 72h unless I pay platinum so I kinda feel like I'm "wasting" time (or at least not being optimal) when I'm playing and not leveling everything at the same time lol.

While I can see it seeming that way now, I'd almost tell you to enjoy not having a million underleveled Warframes and weapons sitting there, hahah, especially once you get into polarizing. I'd tell you to polarize Excalibur, but that'd be a waste of a Forma.

The experience you get in the starting planets is kind of peanuts compared to stuff in the late game, so it's not much of a waste anyway. You can often level a Warframe from 1 to 30 in less than half an hour later on, when you get better weapons, access to the Elite Sanctuary Onslaught, and the occassional affinity booster from daily login rewards.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
While I can see it seeming that way now, I'd almost tell you to enjoy not having a million underleveled Warframes and weapons sitting there, hahah, especially once you get into polarizing. I'd tell you to polarize Excalibur, but that'd be a waste of a Forma.

The experience you get in the starting planets is kind of peanuts compared to stuff in the late game, so it's not much of a waste anyway. You can often level a Warframe from 1 to 30 in less than half an hour later on, when you get better weapons, access to the Elite Sanctuary Onslaught, and the occassional affinity booster from daily login rewards.
Yeah for sure... I kinda just wish I could at least get a second Warframe to level before the next week haha.

Pantaghana

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Croatia

I'm in Europe GMT+1 and can play pretty much anytime this and next week. Hurray for holidays.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Yeah for sure... I kinda just wish I could at least get a second Warframe to level before the next week haha.

Understandable, hahah. If you see me online whenever you are on, PM me and I'll taxi / help you farm whatever you want, OK? I'll also check if you're on when I play. Don't be a stranger! :)

unknown.png

If not umbra, replace Intensify and Vitality with the normal versions and throw another power strength mod on there. Energy Conversion can work really well.

Thanks for this, especially the bit about chromatic blade; there's so many warframe mods that it's hard to know which ones are worth it. I'm rank 5 with Arbiters of Hexis so if anyone wants one just drop me a PM.

Wow at Adaptation, hahah. I don't usually do arbitrations unless they're on Nightwave rotation but I definitely should if the other mods are like this.

I'm in Europe GMT+1 and can play pretty much anytime this and next week. Hurray for holidays.

Oh, awesome, we're GMT+1 too (Spain). Let me check with my SO (I'm not sure if she has to babysit cats today) and I'll get back to you. :)

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Got tired missing the anomaly every few hours or not getting any shedu parts, so I just outright bought it from trade chat.

Even though it's not meta and there's some noticable fall off at higher levels, I still love this gun. It's fun to use (aside from the bug that won't me fire) and I love the design (I always go for aesthetics over gameplay). Being able to carry something and still wield the shedu is a nice plus.