• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking maybe they'd want to straight crit it up with little status worry, maybe build for corrosive, but opted to just show the information so they could decide. Though seeing gas clouds destroy groups with the kuva version looks powerful. Also depending on the Kuva version's deposition it could allow status to linger for a bit since the negative would be more than -100%.

Last edited:

RicJFNas

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone here plays Railjack mission after 21:00 portuguese time? looking for players to help me with my railjack missions.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad I sold the Primed Chamber for 500plat, it's now dropping fast and it seems a lot of people saved a ton of them to sell after it was gone from the merchant. 400plat now.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
eu8yi95.jpg

when did log in rewards get...good?

Dakath

"This guy are sick"
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah never seen Forma/Relics before. I've been pretty happy getting boosters consistently.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Wow Primed Chamber prices already down to 340 plat. Looks like my impatient decision to sell it for 500 was the right thing to do. Got myself some slots, potatoes and ayatan anasas.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Wow Primed Chamber prices already down to 340 plat. Looks like my impatient decision to sell it for 500 was the right thing to do. Got myself some slots, potatoes and ayatan anasas.
Yep, it was even lower than that when I have been watching it. I'm kind of convinced people aren't getting bites and are logging off or lowering the prices to see if someone takes the bait. The mod is bleh, and now so many people have it. Glad I sold for 500 too, the night after I sold it for 500 it went to about 570 but I'm not mad, it could have been a lot worse if I waited a second longer.

333 currently.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Yep, it was even lower than that when I have been watching it. I'm kind of convinced people aren't getting bites and are logging off or lowering the prices to see if someone takes the bait. The mod is bleh, and now so many people have it. Glad I sold for 500 too, the night after I sold it for 500 it went to about 570 but I'm not mad, it could have been a lot worse if I waited a second longer.

333 currently.

In theory it should not drop much further, simply because you'd be better off selling the parts for platinum rather than ducats (the average ratio is 1 platinum for 10 ducats), but of course it's possible people overestimated demand and stocked on the mod.

It's very curious to me how in Warframe, items tend to be more expensive while they're still available than after. One would expect, say, Prime parts to raise in price once they're vaulted, but it's typically the latest Prime that's sold for much more. People sure are impatient in this game. :D

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
In theory it should not drop much further, simply because you'd be better off selling the parts for platinum rather than ducats (the average ratio is 1 platinum for 10 ducats), but of course it's possible people overestimated demand and stocked on the mod.

It's very curious to me how in Warframe, items tend to be more expensive while they're still available than after. One would expect, say, Prime parts to raise in price once they're vaulted, but it's typically the latest Prime that's sold for much more. People sure are impatient in this game. :D
People have been buying multiple of them out for sure, and now they are stuck with a truck load of WiiU's hoping the price go back up. I almost did that, I'm so glad I held off.

Last edited:

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
i decided to skip making any plat off primed chamber since i did it with the shedu set but man that's an even faster drop than that

RicJFNas

Oct 28, 2017
Finally finished the Erra quest, glad to finally more of the story. Looking forward to what comes. I may need to replay past storys missions though, I have a lot of blanks regarding it. Any videos out with an abridged version of it?

Oct 29, 2017
Hi everyone - I'm lost and don't know what to 'do.' I'm having a Warframe existential crisis.

I'm at MR 12.

I don't really have any frames that I want to chase. I have Mesa Prime and love her.
I don't really have any weapons that I want to chase. I use the Acceltra or Arca Plasmor or Amprex.
I've done most of the star map save the Kuva Fotress and Orokin Derelict stuff.

But I haven't done all quests, never made a zaw, and never started the railjack stuff. There's way more stuff like this that I haven't done, but where should I even start? Hard to know what's worth doing and what isn't. On top of that, I dont think I even have a complete idea of what there 'is' to do in the first place. I play the game almost entirely solo w/randoms.

Anyone have some ideas they'd like to share?

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Have you done Fortuna to how you'd like? I found that to be one of the better expansion parts. You should also investigate frames outside of Mesa. I know, she's amazing, she kills a lot, but sometimes it's nice to help your team and kill stuff at the same time. Have you looked at Wisp at all?

I can also promise you'll find more weapons out there. The acceltra is a fantastic gun, but I've found myself drifting away from it to use some of the Kuva weapons or using the Shedu right now.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
When I don't have anything to do I just stop doing stuff, effectively taking a break until I find something I want to try out. I also stick with tried and true weapons and frames. Last week I was all about unlocking Baruuk, and I did it, I also had the twitch prime affinity and credit boost promotion about to be removed so I wanted to unlock Baruuk and activate the affinity boost to rank him up a few times. Now with all that stuff done I'm waiting until something sparks my interests.

A few seconds ago I saw a Kuva weapon video (below), it nearly made me want to try unlocking it since I currently don't have a activated Lich and I can try for it without having to go through a long rng process to try to get lucky anymore, but I guess I won't do it, especially without having a riven for it motivativating me to get it. Though I do have a Seer riven and I don't have a Seer kuva weapon. So maybe I should do that? You see, this is how I go about finding things to do. I only do things I want to, I don't party up to kill Elidolons or the Profit Taker things.

www.youtube.com

Lenz VS Kuva Bramma (Comparison) - Battle of the Blasts (Warframe Gameplay)

Lenz VS Kuva Bramma (Comparison) - Battle of the Blasts (Warframe Gameplay)As soon as the Kuva Bramma got released players started to compare it to an old fa...

RicJFNas

Oct 28, 2017
I'm working on my next weapon, Redeemer Prime (just need those darn orokin cells). I heard ir was One of the best melee weapon, does it still hold up?

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Nah, this is good. Having Chroma so much better than anyone else for buffing damage was not good, and the way he did it was frankly very silly and gamey. I'm a bit surprised because I assumed they would simply work around it by making self damage not count for Vex Armor rather than removing it entirely, but I'm not complaining.

I wonder if they'll remove Cautious Shot and the like, or turn them into completely different mods.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, this is good. Having Chroma so much better than anyone else for buffing damage was not good, and the way he did it was frankly very silly and gamey. I'm a bit surprised because I assumed they would simply work around it by making self damage not count for Vex Armor rather than removing it entirely, but I'm not complaining.

I wonder if they'll remove Cautious Shot and the like, or turn them into completely different mods.

did it ever really matter outside of eidolons or profit taker? even then he can pretty much be subbed out without much time loss

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Fucking finally, bigger FOV! I guess this is the "it took you how many years to implement this shit?" update. :P

did it ever really matter outside of eidolons or profit taker? even then he can pretty much be subbed out without much time loss

I mean, "Eidolons or Profit Taker" covers like 80% of the endgame bosses, so... :D

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I was cooling down a bit with my active play time lately on Warframe and then this dev stream came. Like holy cow man. Everything was insane. I also have been sitting on 7 million credits, refusing to build my Railjack because that means losing all my riches just to unlock a mode.

Shield gate Mag is gonna be so awesome, since she can always replenish it at will. And damage reduction on the shields... awesome.
Corpus basically have a buff and I'm more than okay with that. I don't want them to feel like a joke compared to Grineer. Them requiring 2 shots will be their gimmick.

Weeping wounds on high base status weapons will be delicious.

Nova bullet portal is gonna be extremely interesting.

The self damage change looks too amazing. Rocket jumps parkour :D?

So much more, can't remember them all, but so hyped right now. Guess I'm back into the game (RIP my backlog again).

Shield gate on my Mag is my nr.1 hype right now.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
i don't know that removing it was the right call

a reduction would have been okay

I'm kind of 50/50 on this myself. It was absolutely needed before because all of the old tilesets were most notably narrow hallways and a big room here or there and with very little room to use these weapons without extreme risk. The most recent tilesets have much wider playspaces and take the player's newfound parkour 2.0 mobility into account which made self-damage weapons in those places a minor thing now. On top of that, inconsistent weapon behavior and allies running across your firing line are what kill you more than firing too close.

What I would have liked to have seen...

Innate AoE damage reduction for sentinels. Its almost 100% of the time thats how your sentinel died, not because someone was aiming at it but they got 1 or 2 shotted off your shoulder because of something you successully avoided they didn't.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I'm reading through all the changes now (here) and it's looking really good. A common note seems aiming to flatten the currently very exponential enemy level curve, where after a level threshold enemies go from being irrelevant cannon fodder to one-shotting you the moment you leave cover. This is easily my number one issue with Warframe, the fact that 95% of content is trivial and the other 5% is challenging only through instakills that are mitigated through infinite revives in Operator void mode, which is not very fun.

Their own description for the overarching theme for these changes is Review, Revise and Refresh, with particular emphasis on the many mechanics that were released then abandoned, and this gets a standing ovation from me. I wonder if this also means archwing missions past Neptune at some point, because damn if leveling stuff in Salacia over and over isn't getting frigging stale.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
I was seeing some hot "shotguns are nerfed" and "chroma is useless" takes today. I have no idea how they came to the conclusion on that first one but like the second... There's lots of other sources of damage, Chroma's gonna be fine.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I was seeing some hot "shotguns are nerfed" and "chroma is useless" takes today. I have no idea how they came to the conclusion on that first one but like the second... There's lots of other sources of damage, Chroma's gonna be fine.

Yeah, seems like a lot of overreaction. My Kohm has seen lots of use, it's my main weapon, but I'm holding off on the "RIP shotguns" take.

Chroma is going to be fine.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I only managed to tune in to half of the devstream but it sounded like a lot of changes. Either way, I'm excited for a meta change.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
You can browse their own summary here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1171232-2020's-first-mainline-review-revise-refresh /

Brozime just put up his video with "nerf the fuck out of shotguns" so enjoy that being the narrative among players until the update comes out.
XandyPants has the more sensible coverage. It's a buff now that Shotguns can focus on crit and status just like any other weapon instead of trying to go all out status to hit that 100% so it wont feel like a waste if it's below.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no, I just realized my Phantasma is going to be pretty odd to adjust unless orange status is awesome. No crit at all (3%), and easy 100% status with my riven. I wonder if it's going to just be a grenade launcher with vicious spread. Alt fire all day with the self damage buffed.

Exciting times ahead. I'm looking forward to messing around with all of this.

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
You can browse their own summary here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1171232-2020's-first-mainline-review-revise-refresh /

Brozime just put up his video with "nerf the fuck out of shotguns" so enjoy that being the narrative among players until the update comes out.
It's actually a good time for me to curate my subscription list. Anyone who's going for clickbaits without thinking is gonna get an unsubscribe from me. If people can't see the grand picture of things of making every Warframe and every weapon playable then I highly disagree.

Edit: couldn't find anyone with terrible clickbaits. :)

Last edited: