• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
27K standing is 36 runs if can do the 3k cap to get 750 standing per run; Maxing out that standing in 20 mins means a run is around 33s. I am sure many like you can do it, I am certainly not one of them.

I am pretty sure I am not even half as good as you to do it properly, so 1 hr seems like a more realistic time frame for me.
I wasn't good when it launched. It took some time before I got it right. Just make sure to do different tricks when on the air (because repeating a trick in succession doesn't increase the multiplier). If you can, get the mod that adds a base x4 to the multiplier, that and the mod that lets you jump higher, those two help a lot to increase the multiplier up to 30 in 3 jumps (I'm talking about the usual place right around Fortuna's gate). Just practice and you'll get it quickly, it seems more complicated than it is.

Ohh and it seems they fixed it because K-Drives give exp now.

Last edited:

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
I need to jump into fortuna and get the skateboard. I dont remember how to get quests there though.

I also made the mistake of spending my resources on the Rhino and Frost helmets that dropped from alerts today

DigitalT

Oct 27, 2017
Time for my yearly ritual of playing Warframe daily for like a month then dropping it until next year. This time I dropped actual money on the game so this kick will probably last a while

Deleted member 1781

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maxed my excalibur and all starting weapons, wasted my free platinum buying salvage (This is stupid, I needed salvage to go to mars, and only place that starts to drop salvage is mars, so I had no choice to spend precious platinum to buy 1000 salvage...

Unless I'm miremembering something I don't think you need salvage to go from Earth to Mars, but I can't check the requirements needed right now.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
Unless I'm miremembering something I don't think you need salvage to go from Earth to Mars, but I can't check the requirements needed right now.

I didnt know that was a thing, needing resources to go to other planets.

I am building excalibur right now (started with Loki) and am pretty stoked to play him, since it looked like he changed a little bit since I last saw him. Is he still considered good?

TioChuck

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I wasn't good when it launched. It took some time before I got it right. Just make sure to do different tricks when on the air (because repeating a trick in succession doesn't increase the multiplier). If you can, get the mod that adds a base x4 to the multiplier, that and the mod that lets you jump higher, those two help a lot to increase the multiplier up to 30 in 3 jumps (I'm talking about the usual place right around Fortuna's gate). Just practice and you'll get it quickly, it seems more complicated than it is.

Ohh and it seems they fixed it because K-Drives give exp now.

I can max my standing (19k) in 5 minutes or less, tricks is not the way, you need few tricks just to increase the combo count and then grind to reach the 3k limit, there is slow and fast grind, fast grind give you more points, i can show you guys if you want, add me in game: TioChuckDS or on steam: Tio (same avatar)

Last edited:

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I didnt know that was a thing, needing resources to go to other planets.

I am building excalibur right now (started with Loki) and am pretty stoked to play him, since it looked like he changed a little bit since I last saw him. Is he still considered good?
Excalibur is great. He hold up in the end game with the right mods (a bit of power strength, condition overload, chromatic blade, good efficiency, life strike) but even without those exalted blade is pretty good.

It's not that you need resources to go to different planets. The junctions between planets have a list of requirements to unlock planets and 500 rubedo is one to go to Venus iirc.

In answer to your earlier question about Fortuna, the quest starts when you go there on Venus.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
Excalibur is great. He hold up in the end game with the right mods (a bit of power strength, condition overload, chromatic blade, good efficiency, life strike) but even without those exalted blade is pretty good.

It's not that you need resources to go to different planets. The junctions between planets have a list of requirements to unlock planets and 500 rubedo is one to go to Venus iirc.

In answer to your earlier question about Fortuna, the quest starts when you go there on Venus.

So thats the strange thing. I went there, and I got a quest. I thought I did it, but now I dont know where to turn it in, and left. Do you know where I can start it up again?

Nosgoth

Oct 28, 2017

It's funny, now that I've moved to Ceres, I can't seem to find what required salvage in the first place.

I distinctly remember I had enough salvage, then I upped my standing with steel meridian, which left me with 494 salvage for some reason. Then the requirement hit me, I checked online and found no place drops salvage prior to mars. I had no way to progress my game except buying it with platinum, I remember I gave in, bought it , which was extremely overpriced at 30 platinum for 3000 salvage. That left me with basically no room for new weapons and warframes. I moved on to mars and its scan 3 cephalon mission.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Farming for Banshee Prime and Oberon Prime.
Inbetween STILL on my way to clear the star chart, next up is Lephantis. Got keys and everything - is that boss doable solo? If not does anyone have time today in like 12 hours? :-)

Deleted member 1781

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Farming for Banshee Prime and Oberon Prime.
Inbetween STILL on my way to clear the star chart, next up is Lephantis. Got keys and everything - is that boss doable solo? If not does anyone have time today in like 12 hours? :-)

It's doable solo, but the fight can take some time if you're unfamiliar with it.

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It's funny, now that I've moved to Ceres, I can't seem to find what required salvage in the first place.

I distinctly remember I had enough salvage, then I upped my standing with steel meridian, which left me with 494 salvage for some reason. Then the requirement hit me, I checked online and found no place drops salvage prior to mars. I had no way to progress my game except buying it with platinum, I remember I gave in, bought it , which was extremely overpriced at 30 platinum for 3000 salvage. That left me with basically no room for new weapons and warframes. I moved on to mars and its scan 3 cephalon mission.

As a general rule, the things you never, ever want to buy with platinum are materials, weapons, or warframes. It's almost predatory that they even let you, nevermind how much they gouge for it. Slots and cosmetics are the best bet. I wish I knew what you were looking at that needed salvage, but I'm almost positive it wasn't a requirement for progression. But in the future just keep in mind you won't need to spend plat to work your way through the star chart, so if you think you hit a wall on something post here, because there's probably a different way.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As a general rule, the things you never, ever want to buy with platinum are materials, weapons, or warframes.

While that's true to an extent, there are a number of frames (Ivara, Mesa, Khora yadda yadda) where the grind to get them is way more than grinding some plat to buy them.

It's not like plat is hard to come by, it doesn't take long to amass a few thousand if you know what you're doing.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
I have bought some frames because I was curious at that time and had no time/nerves to farm. Also a 75% off platinum makes it a good deal and you get something new. Or you can farm for the blueprint and buy the rest off of players on warframe.market.

TioChuck

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I bought Khora as soon as I started playing some months ago because Venari, I bought Ivara because fuck spy missions, I bought Nidus because fuck Infested Salvage missions and I bought the Garuda pack because of the Bloodshed Sigil, and I`m deciding if I should buy Harrow, because defection missions are awful.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Hey Mesa and Ivara are both way easier to get. Mesa especially, mutalist coordinates drop from almost every infested invasion at least.

Garuda's only problem is that she needs you to be in t4 standing with Solaris it trade for gems.

I'll agree with buying Khora though. She's so wonderful but the grind for her parts is insane.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey Mesa and Ivara are both way easier to get. Mesa especially, mutalist coordinates drop from almost every infested invasion at least.

Garuda's only problem is that she needs you to be in t4 standing with Solaris it trade for gems.

I'll agree with buying Khora though. She's so wonderful but the grind for her parts is insane.

I must be doing something wrong with Mesa then, because I find it really tough to get coords, I am lucky if I get a couple a week, and the systems are still eluding me........

As for Ivara, I f'ing hate Spy missions, so..............

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like I got Mesa pretty easily, but that RNG luck will probably come back to haunt me when I start going for someone like Equinox.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
i've decided to try and hit my focus caps now to start unlocking waybound nodes. what's the most braindead frame for ESO?

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Don't forget Mesa coordinates drop from other sources too. Uncommon reward on ODD/S B rotation.
You say that like people actually play Derelict for more than vault runs and that Octavia piece.

The only warframe I say is 100% justified to buy is Khora, because I had terrible luck with her. Easily the longest grind I've done for a warframe by far and I've ground all of them.

Crowbear

Oct 27, 2017
Finished up my Dojo key last night and popped in to take a look and, man, I forgot that the research labs in there have just an absurd number of blueprints for sale.

I picked up the Derelict Vault keys and started building Nezha because he seems like fun, but looking at the weapon options was kind of overwhelming. Are there any research lab weapons that are considered must haves? Looking for either very good weapons for their MR or just fun/interesting ones.

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Octavia piece drops off of ODS C rotation so checkmate you can grind both at the same time.
Whelp, egg in my face then.
Finished up my Dojo key last night and popped in to take a look and, man, I forgot that the research labs in there have just an absurd number of blueprints for sale.

I picked up the Derelict Vault keys and started building Nezha because he seems like fun, but looking at the weapon options was kind of overwhelming. Are there any research lab weapons that are considered must haves? Looking for either very good weapons for their MR or just fun/interesting ones.

A lot of the lab weapons are great (although there are more than a few duds). A lot are mastery locked so I'll recommend some low MR weapons:

The Ignis and the Guandao. The Ignis is a flamethrower, while the Guandao is a very good polearm that can carry you quite far because of its reach, crit stats, and attack speed.

Less specific advice:

The Infested weapons are as a whole decent while maybe not great. The Pox is probably the stand out, because it can reach 100% status and be set up for corrosive to strip armour. The rest are interesting and mostly enjoyable.

The Corpus weapons are somewhat trash with a few exceptions. The Opticor is a laser gun. It does great damage if you charge it, downside Being that it is average at killing a lot of spread out enemies. The Staticor might be one of the best secondaries in the game, because it has a huge aoe and good damage. The Amprex is a great beam weapon with arcing, so it was meta at one point. I'm really liking the new Battacor as well.

The Grineer lab is mostly MR fodder. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but aside from the Ignis and the Jat Kitagg - the rocket hammer! - I can't think of much that left an impression on me.

The Tenno lab is less for the weapons and more for the warframes and archwings, as well as the upgrade segments (I.e. The archwing launcher segment).

Some of the lab weapons have variants, such as the Tenno weapons have prime variants, the Corpus ones having vandal variants, and the grinder ones having Wraith variants. Some also have syndicate versions, like the Marelok.

I'll add an edit if any glaring omissions strike me later.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Energy Lab has the Lanka, Opticor, Amprex, Staticor, and Lenz. All are pretty great. It's also got the Helios sentinel if you can't get Helios Prime yet.

Tenno Lab has the Baza in addition to the warframe and archwing stuff.

Crowbear

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the recommendations y'all. Time to go blow all my credits on a bunch of new weapons!

While I'm here asking newbie questions, what elements should I generally be running on my weapons? I know corrosive is good for armored stuff, but can I just stick with that for most factions and be ok or should I be switching to, like, magnetic against corpus or whatever. I've just opened up Neptune and missions are starting to not be a cakewalk when I end up solo, so I figure now's a good time to learn this stuff.

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Thanks for the recommendations y'all. Time to go blow all my credits on a bunch of new weapons!

While I'm here asking newbie questions, what elements should I generally be running on my weapons? I know corrosive is good for armored stuff, but can I just stick with that for most factions and be ok or should I be switching to, like, magnetic against corpus or whatever. I've just opened up Neptune and missions are starting to not be a cakewalk when I end up solo, so I figure now's a good time to learn this stuff.

Viral is a very solid element, as its proc halves enemy health for a few seconds. It's very good with slash procs as well. The wiki article is worth reading for min-maxing: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage.

Basically, Corrosive for armour, viral for most else. Magnetic is good for shields, but corpus units also have health so it's not that good. Toxin can also be good for shield units, as the proc can bypass shields.

I need 30 fish oil which is from Cetus which I don't have time to do because enemies constantly spawn.

How the heck do you fish!?

You need a fishing spear from the fishing vendor in Cetus, then you go to a lake and fish the basic fish. Baits and dyes help, but aren't necessary for fish oil.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Viral is a very solid element, as its proc halves enemy health for a few seconds. It's very good with slash procs as well. The wiki article is worth reading for min-maxing: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage.

Basically, Corrosive for armour, viral for most else. Magnetic is good for shields, but corpus units also have health so it's not that good. Toxin can also be good for shield units, as the proc can bypass shields.

You need a fishing spear from the fishing vendor in Cetus, then you go to a lake and fish the basic fish. Baits and dyes help, but aren't necessary for fish oil.

I have it..thing is enemies spawn everywhere lol....I got enough but that grind was worse then my WoW history xD

Oct 25, 2017
I need 30 fish oil which is from Cetus which I don't have time to do because enemies constantly spawn.

How the heck do you fish!?

Lots of spots where you shouldn't be bothered by anything but the occasional stray dargyn. Also, enemies shouldn't be respawning in a particular spot after you've cleared it out until you leave it, except for the afformentioned dargyns. You can always take an Ivara or Loki and do your fishing whilst invisible.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
So I reached the star chart point (Void 40+ for example) where a few enemy hits kill me. Is there ANY way, except Warframe mitigation powers, to prevent a bit more damage resistance?

I already have Vitality + Steel Fiber + Armored Agility on most of my frames.

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I have it..thing is enemies spawn everywhere lol....I got enough but that grind was worse then my WoW history xD
The meta for cetus fishing is Volt (his passive lets you one-hit any fish regardless of fishing rod), and you could just run away if you get attacked. Alternatively, Loki for the invisibility. I'll admit that is annoying to fish and get attacked, but it's not that bad in all spots.

So I reached the star chart point (Void 40+ for example) where a few enemy hits kill me. Is there ANY way, except Warframe mitigation powers, to prevent a bit more damage resistance?

I already have Vitality + Steel Fiber + Armored Agility on most of my frames.
Having a source of healing will help, but warframe powers are very important at that point. Most warframes have a way to mitigate damage or heal (Some are hidden like Nova's first being a huge damage reduction)

Important note: Enemies in the highest level void leg (tendril?) do 3x damage. This is not mentioned in game and is a remnant of an old system (Tier 4 void). I.e. they are not the best survivability measuring stick.

You're either asking him to spend plat (which is fine) or asking him to grind arbitrations (which isn't because those are hard endgame missions). Good suggestion though, just needs a little note on it :P

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Thanks! That 3x damage thing makes a few things a bit clearer now, haha.
Yeah for Arbitrations I would need to clear the chart first anyway ;-)

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're either asking him to spend plat (which is fine) or asking him to grind arbitrations (which isn't because those are hard endgame missions). Good suggestion though, just needs a little note on it :P
Yeah, I did consider an adder below it!

I was lucky and got it on my 3rd arbitration, I see it goes for around 200-300 plat on PC, in all seriousness, it doesn't take very long to grind enough things to trade for 300 plat.........