• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Is the Stradavar a good gun? I just unlocked a riven for it... my second one.

Wait, I have two riven mods and according to wiki you are supposed to only get them from Sorties and finishing the TWW quest? I never did any Sorties...

Last edited:

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is the Stradavar a good gun? I just unlocked a riven for it... my second one.

Wait, I have two riven mods and according to wiki you are supposed to only get them from Sorties and finishing the TWW quest? I never did any Sorties...
Did you do any alerts that give a riven?, or use the recent code that give you one (I think?) as well as some other stuff to celebrate Fortuna?, or maybe someone gifted you one (if that's possible?)

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
The first one I got (for a Buzlok) is some months ago, maybe even a year or so and I thought those were random then (I posted it here also I think). This one now I just unlocked I got from TWW.

Found it, yeah almost exactly a year ago :)

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any reason to keep a warframe when you have the prime version of it? I have Frost and Frost Prime, and I am building Volt, so I need an extra slot.

I am getting annoyed trying to get the parts for Khora. I have done SO probably about 30 times, and still have only gotten the chassis...twice. Thinking about just trying to sell tons of my prime stuff for plat, but is she worth it? I am kinda torn between Khora and Harrow

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any reason to keep a warframe when you have the prime version of it? I have Frost and Frost Prime, and I am building Volt, so I need an extra slot.

I am getting annoyed trying to get the parts for Khora. I have done SO probably about 30 times, and still have only gotten the chassis...twice. Thinking about just trying to sell tons of my prime stuff for plat, but is she worth it? I am kinda torn between Khora and Harrow

No real reason to keep a normal Warframe beyond collection and the ability to say "I have everything". The Prime versions are all pure upgrades and you can use the basic skin/helmet even if you don't have that version of the frame if you prefer the appearance.

DELETE, DELETE always DELETE! (except Mirage, I can't do it still)

Warframe0699.jpg.c4a356dec7912dfcad26c6ad8707079d.jpg

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1038462-nyx-titania-dev-workshop/

It's happening!

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
My quick and dirty read is that Nyx will at least be helpful, but probably still not quite there. Titanias will still remain in razorwing the whole time and only cast her 1 for the sake of activating Blitz.

Worth nothing is that Nyx is now the only warframe that can specifically disable ancients without a status proc.

Armor and Ancients are always the problem so If you can amp her power She would be always useful in endless missions and the new absorb looks promising, except that it and her new passive have like anti-synegy.

The forum is really hammering them with Titania so maybe just maybe they will do something.

Also lol at them not even touching chaos.

Last edited:

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
DELETE, DELETE always DELETE! (except Mirage, I can't do it still)

Warframe0699.jpg.c4a356dec7912dfcad26c6ad8707079d.jpg

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1038462-nyx-titania-dev-workshop/

It's happening!

Why not Mirage? I have her, but I dont play her often, I wouldnt mind the prime version. I will miss my frost, he was my first built frame, and still my favorite tank.

I dont have either of those frames, but I want to try out Nyx eventually. I love how easy it is to just bounce between frames/playstyles in this game

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
FML, Oberon Helm just dropped for Alerts, and I am stuck at work. I was thinking about making him my main healer frame, BUMMER

Why not Mirage? I have her, but I dont play her often, I wouldnt mind the prime version. I will miss my frost, he was my first built frame, and still my favorite tank.

I dont have either of those frames, but I want to try out Nyx eventually. I love how easy it is to just bounce between frames/playstyles in this game
She is unfarmable and DE has said a couple of times that maybe we will do something with the normal frames.
New DE is less evil and probably would make her farmable if that is the case but I still don't trust them.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
She is unfarmable and DE has said a couple of times that maybe we will do something with the normal frames.
New DE is less evil and probably would make her farmable if that is the case but I still don't trust them.

Oh? I didn't know she couldnt be farmed. I was gifted her by an extremely nice player.

Side question: Does anyone know how frequently new stuff is released via twitch prime for Warframe?

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
So I just got a PS4 Pro last Friday, and I decided to download Warframe. I'm enjoying it so far although I'm sure I'm still just in the early parts of the game. I chose the sword, kunais, and the machine gun as my weapons at the beginning of the game. I wish there was a way to start over though. I would have went with the bow instead of the machine gun, and gotten the pistol instead of the kunais. All in all, still a very fun experience so far.

Any tips for new players?

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
So I just got a PS4 Pro last Friday, and I decided to download Warframe. I'm enjoying it so far although I'm sure I'm still just in the early parts of the game. I chose the sword, kunais, and the machine gun as my weapons at the beginning of the game. I wish there was a way to start over though. I would have went with the bow instead of the machine gun, and gotten the pistol instead of the kunais. All in all, still a very fun experience so far.

You can buy the other ones from the store for credits. The bow is MK-1 Paris and the pistol is MK-1 Lato.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
The Twitch prime stuff is nice. I mean Trinity Prime is a pretty good thing to get, one of my favourite frames.
Also have Nyx Prime but can't remember from where... nice she's getting a few upgrades.

Oct 25, 2017
How am I only just realising you can bring up hunting spots for specific species on the map. I'll never have to see anything but Kubrodons ever again.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
The Twitch prime stuff is nice. I mean Trinity Prime is a pretty good thing to get, one of my favourite frames.
Also have Nyx Prime but can't remember from where... nice she's getting a few upgrades.

I got Trinity Prime from there, a few prime weapons and Frost Prime, which is one of my main frames right now. Such an awesome perk to having twitch

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

if you have PS+ you can get a free booster pack that gives some plat, boosters and a weapon / weapon skin

Spuck-

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I got Trinity Prime from there, a few prime weapons and Frost Prime, which is one of my main frames right now. Such an awesome perk to having twitch

Yeah,it gives you possibly the strongest support frame in the game, a great support for defense missions, one of the best snipers in the game and an incredible lmg.. for free. Well worth signing up for a month just to get those.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Baro Breakdown I Almost Put This in the Wrong Thread edition.

Tigris Exilis Skin: Well color me surprised on this one. Now I'm not the biggest fans of these skins but this isn't actually too bad. If you're a tigris fan and haven't gotten the Telupo skin (I think that's what it's called?) then grab this.

Cookie Kavat/Kubrow Glyph: These are adorable I love them.

Axi A5: Just in case you haven't gotten sick of these yet, he has them again this week.

Primed Point Blank: Absolute must buy if you have any shotguns.

Primed Pistol Gambit: Absolute must buy. The primed crit mods are one of many reasons why secondaries can be the strongest weapons in the game.

Primed Fast Hands: I've actually come to respect this mod more over time on certain weapons, like the Rubico Prime, but it's not something that makes or breaks many builds. Grab it if you want.

Primed Morphic Transformer: I mean, I bought it at one point but I haven't used my archwing to do much more than solve Uranus spy vaults and travel over the open worlds. Probably pass on it.

Prisma Obex: If the Hirudo didn't exist, these would be my go to sparring weapons. They're very good if you like getting up into the faces of your enemies. Maybe get.

Prisma Dual Cleavers: Works with the Justice mod, very solid damage and stats, but there are about a thousand dual swords out there by now and the cleavers kind of get shown up by more recent releases like the Keres and Dark Split Sword. Maybe get. Edit: It was pointed out to me in the discord that the PDCs are some of the better statsticks for frames like Gara and Khora, due to having the Justice mod.

Ki'Teer Sugatra: Dangly bit with the glowy diamond, it's fine if you need a sugatra.

Domus Syndana: It's a tiny Liset strapped to your back, what's not to love!? Maybe grab it.

Ki'Teer Solstice Syndana: I dislike these blocky capes and I don't think I've used them in any fasion except back on Vauban.

Ki'Teer Atmos Mask: For all your bane cosplay needs. Really doesn't fit most of the time otherwise.

Ki'Teer armor: Same issue as the syndana, I just haven't found these pieces fit well on most Warframes. Probably pass.

Ki'Teer Colors: Definitely a grab, the colors are very nice and it's free(ish)!

Ki'Teer Glyph: Take it or leave it, it's got a neat effect but it's a little loud for my tastes.

Fireworks: no

Ki'Teer Stencil: Not a fan, don't think the single color wall decorations really work in the personal quarters.

Beacons: These items summon their respective hunters, and are absolute buys for people who need to farm them. You'll see people in Recruiting chat looking for beaconshares during the baro visit, usually. Just don't throw them out randomly with pubs, it's better safe than sorry.

and as always, grab your Sands of Inaros quest if you haven't got Inaros yet.

Last edited:

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
So I would like to start bringing my Kubrow on missions with me, but I dont think I understand it enough. If I leave the kubrow in statis will its loyalty/stability decrease? And if I let its stability or loyatly drop to 0% will they leave? How expensive is it to keep them alive for a long time? I am just worried about putting time/effort into this part of the game if it might just leave if I take a bit of a break

Lobogris

Oct 26, 2017
So I would like to start bringing my Kubrow on missions with me, but I dont think I understand it enough. If I leave the kubrow in statis will its loyalty/stability decrease? And if I let its stability or loyatly drop to 0% will they leave? How expensive is it to keep them alive for a long time? I am just worried about putting time/effort into this part of the game if it might just leave if I take a bit of a break

Stasis --> No loyalty/stability decrease
0% stability --> Dead Kubrow

I love to play with my helminth charger (the infested pet) however 99% of the time I use a Helios sentinel due to

1) Vacuum mod (the sentinel collects stuff for me within the area).
2) No DNA stability issues.
3) Automatic scans.

Oct 25, 2017

IIRC

-Will remain at whatever the value was when they went in stasis
-They will die
-You have to buy the DNA Stabilizers which costs 75K credits and you get 6 of them. Each Stabilizer adds 40% to their life and they lose like 20% each day
-Eventually you can acquire an upgraded incubator segment that really lowers the maintenance hassle (the amount of health they lose drops to 5% , it will place them in stasis automatically if they reach around 20%, the time to remove them from stasis is now instant compared to an hour, etc)

Its best to keep them in stasis once you have leveled them and you are no longer interested and/or using another pet.

Also due to their somewhat high maintenance cost is usually best to wait until you are further in the game.

Plus as mentioned in the above post a Sentinel is usually seen as the better option even if they are expensive in the early game (save for Taxon, who is really cheap or free and also pretty good)

Last edited:

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
Ahh Thank you. So can you only have either pet or sentinel following you? I have helios, and use that right now, but didnt know it was one or the other

Oct 25, 2017
Ahh Thank you. So can you only have either pet or sentinel following you? I have helios, and use that right now, but didnt know it was one or the other

The one exception is Khora. She always has her kavat with her and you can still take an additional pet/sentinel/MOA as well. Her kavat also doesn't have to bother with all the incubator nonsense.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
But thats through a skill right? I really want Khora

It's a passive.

Her 3 skill just controls the Kavat between 3 different modes, Attack, Defend and Heal. If the Kavat dies, 3 can be used to bring her back.

Khora is my favourite frame. With the right mods, neither Khora nor Venari or my Ardaza dies.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
OMG man, I just bought a warframe with plat by mistake lol. Trying to get my mastery up I put some warframe parts on the 3d printer and noticed I needed two warframe blueprints so went to the market. Got nova's first, then hovered over Oberon's reading his abilities. Then after I finished reading I bought it not realizing I hadn't moved to the blueprint version. Hhahahahahaahah :( This dude costs 300plat, ouch.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After 28 runs, finally got the Mesa systems, which is incidentally almost as much as the 'nearly guaranteed' statistic from it's drop rate, spooky.....

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I got lucky with a trader. I have multiples of the mods, this helps me with my trade count limitation per day. I'm back in the game now. I can buy warframe slots for mastery rank exp attempts again.

Hh1nAMW.jpg

And I just now got my plat back from the Oberon Warframe mistake. I hope I don't mess this up again, no more distractions while on the marketplace for me. Buy first, read later.

Last edited:

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
TP recently did a Q&A on his stream with [DE]Scott talking about various interesting things. TP captured the stream but it is 1hr long, so if you are one of those 99.9% of the people on earth like me where you don't want to want a 1hr video like this, here is a summary of it: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/a23iub/six_new_warfames_orb_heists_raids_stalker_mode/

Also, just jump in TP's video and give him a like if you can so his work is alt least credited this way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIZC9CNWpCM

Oct 25, 2017
Life Strike goes for 25? It drops like candy on the Orb. I was so happy when I picked one up a few weeks back whilst trying to farm Harrow and now I have tons of the things.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Something to listen to while grinding.

Life Strike goes for 25? It drops like candy on the Orb. I was so happy when I picked one up a few weeks back whilst trying to farm Harrow and now I have tons of the things.
Oh crap you're right. haha, price tanked. I sold probably 2 recently. Also I think people just don't know what things cost and don't use the Warframe market website much or at all. I buy a lot of cheap stuff on the trade chat compared to warframe market, and sell slightly higher on trade chat vs market site. I didn't intend to do this though. My current filter was set to Soma only so I was blind to Life Strike.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
TP recently did a Q&A on his stream with [DE]Scott talking about various interesting things. TP captured the stream but it is 1hr long, so if you are one of those 99.9% of the people on earth like me where you don't want to want a 1hr video like this, here is a summary of it: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/a23iub/six_new_warfames_orb_heists_raids_stalker_mode/

Also, just jump in TP's video and give him a like if you can so his work is alt least credited this way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIZC9CNWpCM

Scott points out that on the high end, if they were to try to have rivens locked on certain stats, it would not end well for them or rivens as a whole. While the idea floats around internally, the fact that you can make something super OP and lock down stats makes the team hesitant to do much about it.

Man this is a huge bummer. The community has worked out how to make Riven stat-locking still require significant time that a perfect god riven would still be expensive.

Nosgoth

Oct 28, 2017
I can make a rhino or a frost at the moment, which to go first? I really had enough of my good ol' excalibur.

Also, what's the deal with argon crystal decaying? I just got two this friday, and they were sorely needed. But I only had enough credits to make the archwing launcher, and as I tried to grind for more credits, the used one expired... Why did DE make such a decision to have expiring resources?

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
I usually avoid sorties with defense in them because they're so slow, but decided to do it since I haven't played in the past few days. But today I got 2 afk/leechers on one of the slowest defense maps to make it even more slow. Usually I'd leave the instance I see a leech, but this started at the 2nd half of this defense mission. Once I removed the protection on the target, let him fend for himself and sat afk in the same spot as them, it really lit a fire under the other 2 to actually contribute.

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I can make a rhino or a frost at the moment, which to go first? I really had enough of my good ol' excalibur.

Also, what's the deal with argon crystal decaying? I just got two this friday, and they were sorely needed. But I only had enough credits to make the archwing launcher, and as I tried to grind for more credits, the used one expired... Why did DE make such a decision to have expiring resources?
Rhino is a very solid warframe. Frost is too, but Rhino used as a tank with few mods thanks to his Ironskin ability.

Argon decays after a day. It's the only resource like that, and it's been that way for a while. One of the only things keeping the void relevant.

Nosgoth

Oct 28, 2017
Rhino is a very solid warframe. Frost is too, but Rhino used as a tank with few mods thanks to his Ironskin ability.

Argon decays after a day. It's the only resource like that, and it's been that way for a while. One of the only things keeping the void relevant.

Yeah, I know about argon decaying, was just ranting.

Guess I'll go with rhino first, already have all the components ready, just need to grind that credits.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they will lighten up the requirements for items in Cetus. Getting the Kitgun buff item is such a breeze compared to Cetus Zaw buff attachment. You have to craft those, and the items look very annoying to collect.

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I wonder if they will lighten up the requirements for items in Cetus. Getting the Kitgun buff item is such a breeze compared to Cetus Zaw buff attachment. You have to craft those, and the items look very annoying to collect.
DE has a history of not going back to make requirements easier. Although they did tighten up invasions and Mutalist Alad V coordinates.

I do think they should give Cetus a lot of Fortuna's QoL, like the bounty guy.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
I swear they've said they're going to make changes to cetus based on Fortuna feedback.

But also they'd need to make Zaw arcanes worth a shit. Even the Plague ones kind of suck compared to Seeker and Bolt