• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
oh, that reminds me. can kit guns use pistol skins or are they still unable to like zaws are?

Oct 25, 2017
Watched the latest Two Best Friends play video (I totally forgot DE made a Star Trek game) and had to laugh at this moment since the glitch is still around in Warframe.

6kxnKgZ.jpg

Quatermain

Oct 29, 2017
I'm unsure if this game is for me. If I'm not enjoying it very much by the time I reach Mars, is it safe to say I probably won't going forward?

It would be one thing if I were able to drop in and join squads regularly, but so many of the missions I'm doing I end up having to go solo (despite the node saying it's got X open squads). This is one of those weird games for me where I'd be having a blast playing this with other people, but it's very dull single player.

Lobogris

Oct 26, 2017
I'm unsure if this game is for me. If I'm not enjoying it very much by the time I reach Mars, is it safe to say I probably won't going forward?

It would be one thing if I were able to drop in and join squads regularly, but so many of the missions I'm doing I end up having to go solo (despite the node saying it's got X open squads). This is one of those weird games for me where I'd be having a blast playing this with other people, but it's very dull single player.

Unblocking nodes in the stellar chart can be very tedious in the beginning, I would suggest to stick to other activities more rewarding like the story missions or explore the open stages like Plains of Eidolon/Fortuna.

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
Unblocking nodes in the stellar chart can be very tedious in the beginning, I would suggest to stick to other activities more rewarding like the story missions or explore the open stages like Plains of Eidolon/Fortuna.
I disagree (obviously it's different for everyone). I think completing the starchart gives players a good idea of every game mode and put's them in a place where they can take on the rest of the content a lot more prepared, by skipping it they don't get used to all the modes and how it all works.
Besides, you need to advance quite a lot on it to unlock the quests so I'd recommend everyone to clear it first before going into the open worlds, they may be marketted as new-player friendly but they are very self-contained that almost nothing from there is useful on other parts of the game (except Zaws/Kitguns but they require high ranks on their respective sindicates and a lot of materials/crafting, which can get super confusing for newer players).

But as I said, it all comes to personal preference of course.

Quatermain

Oct 29, 2017
I've got no problem unlocking the stuff on the Star chart, I'm not in any rush to plough through the content; but if I'm understanding correctly, I guess the reality is that there are many missions on there that I will have to do solo. Maybe I should try finding a guild or something.

I've got no problem unlocking the stuff on the Star chart, I'm not in any rush to plough through the content; but if I'm understanding correctly, I guess the reality is that there are many missions on there that I will have to do solo. Maybe I should try finding a guild or something.

A guild will not help you with that, very few people like doing lesser missions as they interfere with their daily grind.

Most of the time even if you start a solo mission some rando will join, the only exception is incerception, the fanbase in general loats this types of missions and even then you luck out sometimes.

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Worst case, throw on a podcast when you're just running through missions solo. You can enjoy and learn doing solo missions but they are kind of braindead. Focusing on getting to junctions will help you unlock quests at a reasonable speed, and there are some later game quests that are up your alley.

I'd also reccomend building new warframes as it seems like your starter didn't click with you. It's possible you'll like one of the other warframes more.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Bah, I spent a lot of time clearing out the star chart nodes then I noticed the Derelict missions may be part of the requirements for Arbitrations, not only are they required, also some other things that need a key or something (I bet it's that giant plague star end boss that I spent a lot of time chipping down only to find out it wasn't it's final form). Thankfully I only wanted it for a shot at a possible endo farm with the survival alert.

Endo is like my most sought after thing in this game. Totally gave up on arena nekros solo, it seemed to have gotten worse with the amounts I get. All this time searching for another method and Heiracon is looking at me with a grin on it's face. All this energy, even spending more endo in mods for the naked nekros Rathuum attempts (so many abilities don't work there). If I had just stuck to Hieracon I would probably be pretty solid with these prime level endo sinks.

Edit: 8 credit rewards back to back. Now I remember. Maybe Orb Vallis ods are better (goes to wiki), at least there's some other goodies in those rank 5 bounties. Seems to be that you have a 50% chance at endo on the first mission in Fortuna bounties?

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Bounty
Pool A
400 Endo 50%
10000 Credit Cache 25%
2 Familial Debt-Bond 25%

Pool B
400 Endo 50%
10000 Credit Cache 25%
2 Familial Debt-Bond 25%

Pool C
400 Endo 50%
2 Familial Debt-Bond 25%
Neurodes 12.5%
Orokin Cell 12.5%
Yep Hieracon is done.

Last edited:

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Bah, I spent a lot of time clearing out the star chart nodes then I noticed the Derelict missions may be part of the requirements for Arbitrations, not only are they required, also some other things that need a key or something (I bet it's that giant plague star end boss that I spent a lot of time chipping down only to find out it wasn't it's final form). Thankfully I only wanted it for a shot at a possible endo farm with the survival alert.

Endo is like my most sought after thing in this game. Totally gave up on arena nekros solo, it seemed to have gotten worse with the amounts I get. All this time searching for another method and Heiracon is looking at me with a grin on it's face. All this energy, even spending more endo in mods for the naked nekros Rathuum attempts (so many abilities don't work there). If I had just stuck to Heiracon I would probably be pretty solid with these prime level endo sinks.

Edit: 8 credit rewards back to back. Now I remember. Maybe Orb Vallis ods are better (goes to wiki), at least there's some other goodies in those rank 5 bounties.
Orokin derelict keys are purchased from the market. They all take a minute to make except the assassinate key, which takes one hour. The boss is sort of like the Plague-star one, but less annoying outside of sorties.

I think Raathum is still the best mission for endo, barely eking out arbitrations. Don't forget Maroo has a weekly sculpture mission that's usually around 2k endo.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I just did the one I noticed today (Maroo), I'm not sure how often they refresh yet, may look it up later, seems like 1 per day or week ish. I do have the keys, and I'll see about Jordas and Mutalist alad V. I'll do a mission a day or 4 days and slowly work towards it no rush now that fortuna 1 bounty then reset seems to be pretty reliable. From 25% to 50% chance. Super fast too since Hieracon's map is so long on the exit. Here I can just get the reward then abandon mission.

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Maroo refreshes every Monday at login reset (idk what time that is for US folks). I don't think Jordas and Mutalist Alad V count for completion, but don't quote me on that. Pro tip for Jordas if you do end up attempting it: Have leveled archwing gear or have a carry.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
i have to stop playing the riven game because it only ends in disappointment

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
I keep doing Sanctuary Onslaught, and I actually like the mode (except that I dont get any resources from it) but I really want the Khora parts. I think I have been fairly lucky, as I have gotten 6 drops, but its 4 Chassis and 2 Neropics. I just want Khora!!! Really considering paying for her at this point

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
SO is a fine gamemode, but the Khora drop rate is stupid. She took me a long time to get - longer than any other warframe I believe. The only thing that kept me going was that it wasn't bad for Farming focus.

GroundCombo

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, plains bounties are in a pretty sad state right now. I've failed 6 out of 8 because of drones getting stuck, caches spawning outside of the cave where the other two caches are, or troops simply not spawning (or spawning in a cave or something) while control ticks to zero. I need Eidolon lenses but that's not gonna happen at this rate. :(

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy, resource booster login time to live in kuva survival. Edit: This one doesn't help kuva, it's the blue one, bah.

I noticed a Warframe partner doing a party kuva farm and ended with about the same amount of kuva I get. It makes me wonder, is there any benefit to doing those in a party? I consume every purifier before the next one is revealed solo so it doesn't seem like a situation that is beneficial to a party.

Of all the rivens I've had I only have one that I would actually use, and I've been rerolling it a ton. So many of them are for bleh weapons, or have way too high of a mastery rank for me to even consider. Since I can't melt them down into another riven reroll without doing the Eidolons I should sell them for super cheap on the trade before I get max riven storage.

While the Kuva Endless is very fun to do, I think I'm done rolling this thing. Final = Not good, but ok enough to maybe buy a riven for a weapon that I'll really like. Though I did enjoy my time with this one and it's alt fire. Just runs out of ammo too fast. Before this I had +80% cold, +159.2% damage.
zauR8lh.jpg

Last edited:

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017
Well I absolutely love Tempo Royale, looks like it will be even better with melee 3.0

I hope they add a "lift" sort of move from stuff like DMC, where you can pull an enemy up into the air and combo them, since they are adding aerial combos after all

GroundCombo

Oct 27, 2017
I noticed a Warframe partner doing a party kuva farm and ended with about the same amount of kuva I get. It makes me wonder, is there any benefit to doing those in a party? I consume every purifier before the next one is revealed solo so it doesn't seem like a situation that is beneficial to a party.

No difference kuva-wise, it's just better XP in a group due to more enemy spawns. A Smeeta can double the kuva received from harvesters.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, I'm really really liking this game. Still really new to it though. Is this the OT for all consoles or is there a PS4 specific one? Also, does Era have a Clan on Warframe that I can join?

EDIT: Nvm, I didn't even read the OP, lol.

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017

I want darksiders 3 combat for meele 3.0, someone talk to DE.

All the combos are 4 inputs max but vary alot from the state they start, and with quick switch and dual wielding been a think it could be glorious.

I haven't gotten to Darksiders 3, but DS2 and DMC are my gold standards for melee combat. I hope melee 3.0 is anywhere close to those!

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Hand 2 Hand weapons will be amazing. I'd like a monk style warframe that choose not to use guns, but that's not possible I'm sure. Melee H2H with a suck in combo (better than Zaw exodia, and the Tek Gravity mod though) and a way to drag a lot of enemies, gathering them together, CC, that would be amazing. I may be thinking about Diablo 3 too much here, but it's arpg looter so it could fit, especially for high level enemies that don't just melt when you look their way. Good team work combat.

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Warframes have always had asses and the female ones have breasts. It's always been kinda weird since for a time they were gendered for no reason before more recent story developments.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
I just remember that I unveiled an Akjagara riven a couple months back that I kept incase Mesa Prime didn't come with Akvasto prime. But now both guns exist.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the monk, a frame that when he pull out the fists he can pull in enemies or push them. Awesome, melee 3.0 should give fists a bit of that. "Fresh meat" - Butcher (diablo).

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love an invite to the PC Clan:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
I'm a newbie but I'm totally hooked already.

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, didn't realise catchmoon can't use punch-through. I'm guessing that must be a bug but mine's getting shelved until that changes.