• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
I dont know why, because I feel like I have followed everything to get it to start scanning, but my helios has not scanned a dang thing yet. It never seems to work. Its lazier than me.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
Feedback hasn't been particularly great about locking out Hildryn. I don't think they can push this again without some real playerbase backlash. Benefit of the doubt, they wanted to make this some kind of neat story event where people spent the week trying to find these datapads but the internet is too good at solving simple puzzles and getting the locations of everything.

FWIW I did love the story parts of this mostly because I love me some Zuud.

This event is nothing more than a shiny excuse to put a time gate mechanic between when Hildryn is "released" and when Hildryn can be "acquired" in-game; a mechanic that no powerful & resourceful veteran nor the most diligent and time abundant player can bypass.

It is simply put the most black & white, most pure and sublime form of gating; I know why it exist and DE certainly know why it exist. You can defeat RNG, you can defeat time gating with a rush mechanic, but no one can ever defeat a physical time gap.

As with every new frame release, DE often like to try different release mechanics to test the player base, to cultivate a new avenue of data point gathering from the player base, and Hildryn is no exception.

I love and have supported DE in many areas of the game via prime access, slots, materials and cosmetics; but this kind of mechanic is not something I will ever support. The reality is, Warframe IS a F2P game and mechanics like this exists and will continue to exist, and I understand this is just another necessary evil, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I dont know why, because I feel like I have followed everything to get it to start scanning, but my helios has not scanned a dang thing yet. It never seems to work. Its lazier than me.

Odd, you usually can't stop the little fella from spotting everything in sight. Mine is currently going mental whenever I pop Magus Lockdown as it wants to record all the mines. Do you have the Investigator mod on it, and do you have spare scanners in your inventory?

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
Odd, you usually can't stop the little fella from spotting everything in sight. Mine is currently going mental whenever I pop Magus Lockdown as it wants to record all the mines. Do you have the Investigator mod on it, and do you have spare scanners in your inventory?

I am 99% sure I have investigator on it. And I know I have spare scanners. Is there a gear loadout for the Helios that I am not seeing where I need to load the scanners? Or are there special scanners? I believe for its weapon I have the Deconstructor (may be completely wrong). Is investigator mod one that just comes with Helios, or would that be one I need to find? That is the only thing I am questioning at this point. When I log back in tonight, I will post exactly what it looks like

Pantaghana

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Croatia
I am 99% sure I have investigator on it. And I know I have spare scanners. Is there a gear loadout for the Helios that I am not seeing where I need to load the scanners? Or are there special scanners? I believe for its weapon I have the Deconstructor (may be completely wrong). Is investigator mod one that just comes with Helios, or would that be one I need to find? That is the only thing I am questioning at this point. When I log back in tonight, I will post exactly what it looks like
Where is the Investigator precept slotted?
Sentinel AI is influenced by mod order, highest priority being the top left slot and decreasing as you move right and in the second row.
If Investigator is in the top left slot it pretty much scans everything all the time, if you put it in bottom right it's possible other precepts distract it from scanning.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
Where is the Investigator precept slotted?
Sentinel AI is influenced by mod order, highest priority being the top left slot and decreasing as you move right and in the second row.
If Investigator is in the top left slot it pretty much scans everything all the time, if you put it in bottom right it's possible other precepts distract it from scanning.
Hmm. If I am remembering right, its in the top-left corner. Maybe I just need to unequip everything from it, and reequip everything to see if that does anything

Oct 25, 2017

Are the scanners equipped to your gear wheel?

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Eyy did my first Sortie. I guess I kinda contributed with some healing and reviving? But generally I had no idea what was happening - and I play this game a lot.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Eyy did my first Sortie. I guess I kinda contributed with some healing and reviving? But generally I had no idea what was happening - and I play this game a lot.
They're supposed to be regular missions at high levels with extra conditions to make things harder, but you can get some pretty broken builds at that level, and it can be really easy to have one player set up with a build so broken that the other players don't have much to do.

Blank

Oct 27, 2017

At it's core, they're no different than any other mission type. It changes every 24 hours (IIRC) and it's a set of 3 missions with specific conditions. The vast majority don't matter but there's a handful that can be pretty annoying (I hate Bow only). Some of the mission types also have other changes/requirements, the most notable being Spy missions which require all 3 vaults to be hacked or game over. I'll generally solo those since pugs can't be trusted to hack for shit.

Can read more about it here: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Sortie

The wiki is amazing, it's been great reading through and getting caught up on everything I've missed.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Well it's been about four months since I've logged in and boy, there is a whole lot of new shit I don't understand at all.

Warframe is great.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
Am I crazy or are the Fortuna rift sealing quests really really hard to solo.
It says the enemies are level 45 but I swear I have had less trouble with enemies way higher than that.
My frost prime bubble gets blown up instantly.

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017

If it means I can farm Hildryn sooner, I can live with it

5PZ21Tq.gif

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
They said their estimates were a week and oh look, after a week they are completed. Not that there was any doubt but this really confirms that the event being a "community" one was an excuse to time-gate Hildryn. They could've hold on adding her to the market until the fight was available to everyone.

I think they'll keep trying to time-gate content from now on, not always but from time to time, after this event, I have no doubts.

Oct 25, 2017
This Buried Debts event is such a shit show, now DE had to take the progress off the game with a lame excuse cause the "community" event progress is rigged. LOL.
Man DE hasn't pulled this kind of shit since the early days.
At least now they say when they're doing it, back then they'd just pretend they werent doing anything.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
I assume they would have left the numbers alone if people were actually participating and getting the scanning finished early or on time, but nobody cared so they had to cheat.

I think the problem is there wasn't really anything in-game to point to the scanning stuff, as far as where to go, what to look for, or even why to do it or what it had to do with anything.

Wasn't it all based on some ARG?

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
Update 24.5.0 said:
Your global Data Hash scanning has not gone unnoticed, Tenno. As a Community, you're close to cracking the code, but not close enough, and that's our fault. Our predicted end goal was determined to be unreachable in a reasonable amount of time, so we've made some manual data tweaks to allow Scans to progress the Operation at a quicker rate to get everyone closer to the next climactic stage. We'll be mindful moving forward of these end goals for similar Operations.

LOL.

source: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1070992-buried-debts-update-2450/

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
don't know what that means but i'm glad pc beta tests it all before console hits

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
don't know what that means but i'm glad pc beta tests it all before console hits
It's hard to know how they'll do since this is the first time they've ever hard timegated like this, and they usually advance the console versions multiple updates/fixes at a time. Usually the benefit to PC beta testing is to fix bugs. Like when the plains first came out the bounties barely even worked reliably and the the only dependable way to play as a group was to have one person go into the plains and everyone else join directly from the ship.

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Is this another one of the big boss fights that don't make any sense without prior research?

I managed to figure it out when trying it solo (by accident. I thought it was just going to be a small cutscene, not a straight encounter), and I didn't find it too confusing, as long as you expect the now mandatory invincibility phases. There are plenty of prompts along the way on what to do as well.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Exploiter is much better than Profit Taker as a fight. No need to try and fiddle around with archguns or super special shielding. The first section inside Deck 12 kind of sucks because they don't add waypoints for where the canisters are, but the rest of it is great. Rewards feel good too.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
I like the exploiter fight, except for shooting the heat canisters when you're on the surface. The timing when you can shoot after throwing feels really janky and no matter what I do it keeps switching to my secondary after throwing the canister, which was my staticor.

Also spent too much time on the first phase because Zuud was telling me the ice on the vents were down when it still needed more explosions.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
I like the exploiter fight, except for shooting the heat canisters when you're on the surface. The timing when you can shoot after throwing feels really janky and no matter what I do it keeps switching to my secondary after throwing the canister, which was my staticor.
The explosion from the Staticor makes it explode. Just spam it in the direction you threw it

---------------------------
Edit:

Just did my second fight and........
0MFFjV5.jpg

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
gotta be honest, I don't understand anything about the scans or deck 12 or whatever

there appears to be absolutely nothing in-game hinting at anything at all, unless I'm just missing all of it

do you need to do all levels of the fractures first before the game tells you what's up?

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
gotta be honest, I don't understand anything about the scans or deck 12 or whatever

there appears to be absolutely nothing in-game hinting at anything at all, unless I'm just missing all of it

do you need to do all levels of the fractures first before the game tells you what's up?

The scans for the data mass is part of the "Buried Debt" event. When completed it is the code to unlock a location.

That location was reveled in the Exploiter Boss fight to be "Deck 12". A location that ties all the SU characters to gather. In various fragments all over OV, deck 12 was mentioned. Also deck 12 was mention during some dialogues interactions when you talk to those characters in Fortuna. It was where SU was originated and also where almost all of them perished.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017

No you just need to know to go to a specific cave on the far east side of the map somehow. The scans have already been "completed" so the code is pre-entered. You need to use a diluted thermia you get from sealing 4 thermal vents in a row to fight the boss there.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
The scans for the data mass is part of the "Buried Debt" event. When completed it is the code to unlock a location.

That location was reveled in the Exploiter Boss fight to be "Deck 12". A location that ties all the SU characters to gather. In various fragments all over OV, deck 12 was mentioned. Also deck 12 was mention during some dialogues interactions when you talk to those characters in Fortuna. It was where SU was originated and also where almost all of them perished.
no, I mean, I've heard of deck 12 before, it was mentioned as where a tragedy happened that shut down Solaris United for a while, but I don't see where in the game this event points to it

No you just need to know to go to a specific cave on the far east side of the map somehow.
the "somehow" is the problem

I feel like there's story stuff hiding gameplay stuff and none of it is explained in the game

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Well the whole deck 12 area was discovered by keen observers of the area who noticed some oddities around there. Namely a field of frozen bodies just off to the east of that formation.

But yes these little scannable things were terribly implemented and not enjoyed by anyone.