• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Dumb question: When you max a weapon and sell it and build a new one of the same type, will it still be max level or will it start from zero? I assume if it starts from zero it won't count towards your mastery rank.

OK so I have dabbeled with this game over the years but would like to know how to access the new pc content. I have padlocks on some planets and have only just got the bug thing removed from my Warframe.
Do I simply need to play more or can I go see some new stuff?
I've been getting back in and have been watching iFlynn's Beginner's Guide series to give me a good idea of what I should be doing. He goes really in depth and each vid is a little longer than it probably needs to be but they are really informative. You also don't need to follow them to a T. They're just good suggestions for how to progress.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Dumb question: When you max a weapon and sell it and build a new one of the same type, will it still be max level or will it start from zero? I assume if it starts from zero it won't count towards your mastery rank.

I've been getting back in and have been watching iFlynn's Beginner's Guide series to give me a good idea of what I should be doing. He goes really in depth and each vid is a little longer than it probably needs to be but they are really informative. You also don't need to follow them to a T. They're just good suggestions for how to progress.

1. Yes exactly. Also don't sell it if you like it. Put a Forma and/or lens on it and change/add a polarity slot to make it even stronger. Plus you can double the mod capacity with an Orokin Catalyst.

2. Agree there!

Last edited:

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
1. Yes exactly. Also don't sell it if you like it. Put a Forma and/or lens on it and change/add a polarity slot to make it even stronger. Plus you can double the mod capacity with an Orokin Catalyst.
Are there any relatively early weapons I should for sure keep, or is it mostly down to what I like? I know there are a few you need to craft others like the Redeemer that I'm holding on to for the moment.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I got max rank arcane velocity and precision and they're incredible, it's so much damage and the 2 extra resses is nice.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Hi everyone. I just started Warframe again after some time (left when Plains of Eidolons came out), and I am struggling with some of the high-level content.

My current situation:
Main warframe: Rhino Prime with energy regen aura.
Equipement for the human form: None.
Quests advancement: Just finished the one that allow you to start grinding focus.
Main weapon: I shelved my long-time partner Soma for a Quartakk, as I prefer mid/long range rifles with good ammo efficiency. Also just built a Rubico, untested yet.
Secondary weapon: Marelok/Ballistica
melee weapon: Dragon Nikana/Galatine/Orthos. Currently reasearching Guandao.

My current limit is the open-world quests with lv50 enemies. I can solo them, but it will often take a few respawns. My main issue is their heavy armor. It takes me 5 to 7 headshots with the Quartakk to kill a single heavy gunner or those mortar captains. I mod my weapons with the usual damage, multishot, crit chance, crit damage, fire rate, and corrosive whenever I can fit them, but it still make me wonder how other players deal with enemies that are lv80 and more.

And those OP as hell Riven mods, do I need to finish sorties against lv100 enemies to get them?

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Main warframe: Rhino Prime with energy regen aura.
For high-level content, you're almost always going to want to use Corrosive Projection as your aura because it reduces enemy armor by 30%.

Equipement for the human form: None.
Quests advancement: Just finished the one that allow you to start grinding focus.
It sounds like you just finished the Second Dream. If you haven't done The War Within, you should work through that quest before you get started on worrying about operator stuff.

Main weapon: I shelved my long-time partner Soma for a Quartakk, as I prefer mid/long range rifles with good ammo efficiency. Also just built a Rubico, untested yet.
What's your current mastery rank?

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
My current limit is the open-world quests with lv50 enemies. I can solo them, but it will often take a few respawns. My main issue is their heavy armor. It takes me 5 to 7 headshots with the Quartakk to kill a single heavy gunner or those mortar captains. I mod my weapons with the usual damage, multishot, crit chance, crit damage, fire rate, and corrosive whenever I can fit them, but it still make me wonder how other players deal with enemies that are lv80 and more.
Radiation+viral is good against them too because viral status severely reduces their hp temporarily and radiation is strong against that kind of armor.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
For high-level content, you're almost always going to want to use Corrosive Projection as your aura because it reduces enemy armor by 30%.

Hum, I'll have to try it out... I may have some trouble keeping Iron Skin up without energy regen...

It sounds like you just finished the Second Dream. If you haven't done The War Within, you should work through that quest before you get started on worrying about operator stuff.

I've done The War Within. And it was a shit quest, with the slow walking in the snow and thoses golden maws crap. Hopefully there no other like that.

What's your current mastery rank?

Rank 10.

Oct 25, 2017
You know I have been running the Supra vandal because everyone says it's awesome but it feels kinda weak. The bullet travel speed also makes it kind of awkward to use at longer ranges.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
You've got the Suda augment for it right?

unknown.png

Use normal shred if you don't have primed. Riven slot can be anything really, heavy caliber is used by some players, malignant force for extra corrosive procs and status chance, or even primed fast hands. Or if you really hate that travel time, Terminal Velocity.

Last edited:

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
If I want more EHP for my
Operator
, am I better of using one Magus Vigor + Husk or 2x Magus Husks?

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
So, trying to do the disruption endurance operation with randoms is completely impossible isn't it?

Oct 25, 2017
So, trying to do the disruption endurance operation with randoms is completely impossible isn't it?

No, but everyone definitely needs to know what they're doing. The demolysts are too tanky to deal with solo after a few rounds. Make sure to listen out and mark them as soon as possible so everyone can start trying to murder them. If they insist on trying to do more than one point at a time then it would probably be wise to bail on that team.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
The demolysts are too tanky to deal with solo after a few rounds

Redeemer Prime says hello.

Really the trick is knowing how to lock them down. Magus Lockdown or Khora's 2 will work, just be aware that their nullifier pulse will undo her 2 and thus Lockdown is the preferred option. Lockdown also deals a portion of their total health as damage to them when they break free so that's very useful for the higher levels. I soloed my 4000 run with Khora, and Vandal went to 12k on his own with Chroma.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I got Wisp today and she's so fun, currently levelling her up now, at 1 forma but will need 3-4 probably.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish Eidolons were available 24/7. They've become my favorite thing to do in this game in the last few weeks and nothing else in the game really comes close to them

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Any good tips or articles on optimizing the game? I've been messing with settings but even on Low I'm getting constant dips to 50fps and lower. The frame rate fluctuates so much that it's basically a slide show during any combat. I'm running a 2070 with 16GB of RAM and an i7-6700K CPU so I don't think it's my hardware.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Are you playing with a fresh install of warframe? What other programs are running? This game runs on a potato, you shouldn't be having trouble. Post the full system specs so I can try and figure out what black magic you've conjured up.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
I would also like to know how to optimize it. My computer is powered by a hamster running in a wheel, and the hamster is a bit old now. I can post my specs later, if you have the time to help point me in the right direction.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Are you playing with a fresh install of warframe? What other programs are running? This game runs on a potato, you shouldn't be having trouble. Post the full system specs so I can try and figure out what black magic you've conjured up.
Fresh install
  • 16GB DDR4-2133 DIMM (2x8GB) RAM
  • Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS
  • 6th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K processor quad-core [4.0GHz, 8MB Shared Cache]
  • MSI GeForce RTX 2070 DirectX 12 RTX 2070 ARMOR 8G OCV1 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card
I should be clear. I frequently am getting 100 fps as well, but my fps fluctuates WILDLY between that and like 45fps during any given run. Even a bit in the ship. My monitor is an Ultra-Wide 3440x1440 but like I said, even on low settings and changing the aspect ratio to a smaller 16:9 resolution I'm not getting anything consistent or without major dips (just in a smaller like 20fps range as opposed to 50).

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
List of weird things to try:
  1. Run in Windowed Borderless mode.
  2. Run the cache optimization/verification.
  3. Check which version of DirectX you're running with. Switch between them to see if you get any improvement.
  4. If you updated your Nvidia drivers recently, try rolling them back. Or alternatively, do a fresh install. If you've updated and didn't choose a clean install, old drivers could be getting in the way.
  5. Make sure any firewalls and antiviruses aren't trying to scan Warframe while it's running. I've seen a lot of people complaining about Avast before.
  6. Attempt to identify if any 3rd party programs are interfering. Start up msconfig, select services, select "hide all windows/microsoft services" and then deselect all services still visible. Reboot your pc, and it will start up without any of the programs that require these services being started. If you get a performance boost, start turning on services one at a time to see if you can identify one bad egg.
For potatoes, disabling GPU particles and DoF/AO tend to have huge improvements in performance.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
What's the hotkey to switch to melee mode (so that you can melee with the mouse button)? Coming back to this game after a couple years and getting massively thrown by the weapon switching. I'm so used to using numbers to hot swap weapons in every other videogame so I keep accidentally dumping energy on abilities

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I use the regular melee button and it switches to the melee weapon but whenever I click the mouse it goes back to my normal gun

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
They changed the way that melee and channeling works. Now you instantly equip your melee weapon when using the melee button, and pull out your gun when shooting. To channel, hit your alt fire button while you have your melee button out. Blocking was removed in favor of a kind of auto block system while you're not attacking that doesn't really work unfortunately.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Ooooh that's kinda wack, so in order to go full melee mode you have to do it with the keyboard and right mouse button? That's not that ideal.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
List of weird things to try:
  1. Run in Windowed Borderless mode.
  2. Run the cache optimization/verification.
  3. Check which version of DirectX you're running with. Switch between them to see if you get any improvement.
  4. If you updated your Nvidia drivers recently, try rolling them back. Or alternatively, do a fresh install. If you've updated and didn't choose a clean install, old drivers could be getting in the way.
  5. Make sure any firewalls and antiviruses aren't trying to scan Warframe while it's running. I've seen a lot of people complaining about Avast before.
  6. Attempt to identify if any 3rd party programs are interfering. Start up msconfig, select services, select "hide all windows/microsoft services" and then deselect all services still visible. Reboot your pc, and it will start up without any of the programs that require these services being started. If you get a performance boost, start turning on services one at a time to see if you can identify one bad egg.
For potatoes, disabling GPU particles and DoF/AO tend to have huge improvements in performance.
Just as an update, I did the verify/optimized cache and turned on dynamic resolution and I'm getting much better consistency now. Thanks!

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to check in with this since it has been a few months, but the update through the launcher is downloading at dial-up speed

I've tried disabling various settings in the launcher, but nothing has worked

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
You're mostly wanting to make sure that you have Bulk and Aggressive downloading checked or unchecked to experiment, those are kinda the only things that can help. Otherwise it's just a matter of your connection to the data center. I know some ISPs really hate Warframe and might identify it as a P2P program.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
What? There's no quick melee. When you press your melee button, you enter full melee mode. Same as holding your melee button from before. It's more a style switch now.
Yeah not a fan of this tbh. I 100% recognize how it's functionally superior, but the way it binds to keyboard+mouse makes melee much less fun to me over being able to use the mouse to melee.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Does melee mode have separate key mapping to shooting? Whenever I left or right click with my melee weapon out it just goes back into shooty mode. I'll take a look and see if I can't remap it next time I play, thanks
Yeah it's its own binding. It's just melee attack, and then you hold the weapon until you shoot or aim your gun.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Ok thanks for the help, this is why I need you guys lol, I've got like 300 hours in this game and I'm functionally a noob again