• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017

Full reveal on July 6th during Tennocon. If you watch it on Twitch live with an attached account you get a free Nekros Prime.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'm MR18 now and my bar is moving so slowly, everything I have to make requires horrible mats to make. I do have quite a few frames to farm though.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm MR18 now and my bar is moving so slowly, everything I have to make requires horrible mats to make. I do have quite a few frames to farm though.

Biggest hurdle for a lot of them is forma, which plague star will help with. For others, wait until you get a booster. That sibear's a bitch to get made.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Biggest hurdle for a lot of them is forma, which plague star will help with. For others, wait until you get a booster. That sibear's a bitch to get made.

I've never done a Plague Star event, are you rewarded with Forma's? And I always have all boosters running, I consider it a monthly sub and well worth it. I stupidly haven't been doing those "fist" events where you do 3/3 for Fieldron etc, and it's those 3 mats I'm really low on. I'm going to start doing them regularly.

I'm currently getting all my rep sorted for my final amp, at this point my Warframe and weapon are so decked all content is trivial so I'm focusing on where I'm weak, first the amp and then my Archwing which I'm not looking forward to doing.

Oct 25, 2017
I've never done a Plague Star event, are you rewarded with Forma's? And I always have all boosters running, I consider it a monthly sub and well worth it. I stupidly haven't been doing those "fist" events where you do 3/3 for Fieldron etc, and it's those 3 mats I'm really low on. I'm going to start doing them regularly.

I'm currently getting all my rep sorted for my final amp, at this point my Warframe and weapon are so decked all content is trivial so I'm focusing on where I'm weak, first the amp and then my Archwing which I'm not looking forward to doing.

Ah right, yes you'll definitely want to get in on the invasions as they are the easiest way to pick up those materials. Just keep checking for easy missions, like capture, and get them done as quickly as possible when they appear.

Forma's one of the rewards you can pick from Plague Star. If all 4 phlyaxes and catalysts are added during a particular stage (don't worry, this will all become clear once it goes live and you can give it a go) during a single run, you get enough standing to buy one forma. You'll want to pick up some of the other stuff too, but it's definitely a great way to stock up.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Some suggestions for frames since the last time Plague Star was around:

-Titania is still likely the queen of the event. It's hard to match her DPS on a non-targetable boss and she skirts under the damage cap mechanic.
-Chroma is runner up for the damage buff he can generate. Try building something more range focused (without using Overextended) to make everyone happy.
-Rhino can also apply a wide damage buff, and a good rhino can freeze the boss with the weak points exposed. Try aiming for a 5-7 second duration on Stomp so you're not making a huge delay if you mistime it.
-Wisp would be amazing for support. A reservoir buffed Titania would have insane damage output, and the healing/shock bonuses wouldn't hurt either.
-Trinity, of course. Free energy and instant healing are always appreciated. A duration build with Abaiting Link would be super for stripping off the Hemocyte's armor.

You could also deploy as the Amesha Archwing for slowdown, ability buff, and healing support. Any weapon built for corrosive damage and crit focused (the Hemocyte cannot be statused, so leave hunter munitions at the door) would be ideal.

Callandor

Oct 27, 2017

-Titania is still likely the queen of the event. It's hard to match her DPS on a non-targetable boss and she skirts under the damage cap mechanic.
-Chroma is runner up for the damage buff he can generate. Try building something more range focused (without using Overextended) to make everyone happy.
-Rhino can also apply a wide damage buff, and a good rhino can freeze the boss with the weak points exposed. Try aiming for a 5-7 second duration on Stomp so you're not making a huge delay if you mistime it.
-Wisp would be amazing for support. A reservoir buffed Titania would have insane damage output, and the healing/shock bonuses wouldn't hurt either.
-Trinity, of course. Free energy and instant healing are always appreciated. A duration build with Abaiting Link would be super for stripping off the Hemocyte's armor.

You could also deploy as the Amesha Archwing for slowdown, ability buff, and healing support. Any weapon built for corrosive damage and crit focused (the Hemocyte cannot be statused, so leave hunter munitions at the door) would be ideal.

Shame you can't burn down that boss with Ember's ring of fire anymore. That was hilariously fun.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
If you clear 4 vents in a row you get bonus points. But it's no rush because when the event comes back you keep your progress.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Everything about the Operator/Focus/Amp/Eidolon hunting system in this game kinda confuses me. I'd just done the story mission to unlock operators when I previously stopped playing (just before Plains of Eidolon came out in 2017) and never really messed with them that much. I guess I understand HOW to earn focus, but it seems totally tedious, not to mention at odds with how you'd want to play the game (moving between weapons and frames to earn MR). Now I got in with The Quills in Cetus but it seems like the only way to earn standing with them is to farm the little flying Eidolon thingies out in the plains that only come out at night? That seems super tedious. I guess it wouldn't have seemed like such a crazy task when it came out and you didn't have 2 years worth of content tugging at your attention span, but that's where I'm at right now.

Question about this vent event going on now, is the progress you make in it now cumulative for the next time it comes around, or are the rewards for it earned this time only and then the entire event resets with new awards next time it comes around? Cause if these are one time rewards I need to start doing that thing too.

Last thing, am I nuts or did they reduce the amount of credits earned per mission sometime in the last couple years? I've spent almost all of the 2 million credits I had saved since coming back and I earn them back from doing missions SO slowly. I'm gonna need to find a method to try and farm cause I'm so damn broke and I've got tons of mods to improve

Oct 25, 2017
Now I got in with The Quills in Cetus but it seems like the only way to earn standing with them is to farm the little flying Eidolon thingies out in the plains that only come out at night? That seems super tedious. I guess it wouldn't have seemed like such a crazy task when it came out and you didn't have 2 years worth of content tugging at your attention span, but that's where I'm at right now.

Best way to get quill standing is going on a few eidolon hunts. You'll need to be carried for a few before you can build a decent amp, but you can mitigate that by taking a support frame like Trinity. Also an excellent way to gain focus as the shards the eidolons drop can be converted into a good chunk of it. Also arcanes. Basically I'm saying don't hold off on eidolon hunts :P

As David said, Index is your friend if you're after credits.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Best way to get quill standing is going on a few eidolon hunts. You'll need to be carried for a few before you can build a decent amp, but you can mitigate that by taking a support frame like Trinity. Also an excellent way to gain focus as the shards the eidolons drop can be converted into a good chunk of it. Also arcanes. Basically I'm saying don't hold off on eidolon hunts :P

As David said, Index is your friend if you're after credits.
Ok thanks for the tip. I don't have anymore friends that play and that's precisely the kind of thing I always put off cause I don't want to be a burden to pubs. I could probably put a good enough Trinity build together so hopefully people are willing to put up with me until I get the hang of it

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
I guess I understand HOW to earn focus, but it seems totally tedious, not to mention at odds with how you'd want to play the game (moving between weapons and frames to earn MR).
It is ludicrously slow when you're not specifically farming for it, but before there was no long-term incentive to use mastered gear at all.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Any suggestions for a savage primary that's not too hard to get? Main weapons I was using before I left were Braton Prime, Boltor Prime, and Vaykor Hek. Boltor's slow projectiles kinda suck in the open world areas, Braton's hitscan but a shitty peashooter, so I've been using the Hek mostly. It's fine, but I see people running around with lazer guns that melt everything instantly and I wanna be apart of that. I tried using the Lenz for a bit cause it does massive AoE damage, but it's so slow I barely ever get to hit anything with it.

Dakath

Oct 26, 2017
Any suggestions for a savage primary that's not too hard to get? Main weapons I was using before I left were Braton Prime, Boltor Prime, and Vaykor Hek. Boltor's slow projectiles kinda suck in the open world areas, Braton's hitscan but a shitty peashooter, so I've been using the Hek mostly. It's fine, but I see people running around with lazer guns that melt everything instantly and I wanna be apart of that. I tried using the Lenz for a bit cause it does massive AoE damage, but it's so slow I barely ever get to hit anything with it.

Arca-Plasmor and the kitgun Catchmoon are probably what you're seeing. Catchmoon with a riven is one of the most face meltingly strong guns in the game at the moment, the only weakness being a lack of range.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

i like the rhino + amensha combo since the damage buff will stay on you while in archwing so you can benefit from everything. gonna bring out my synapse and aksomatis for the event too.

does the fulmin feel pretty mediocre in terms of its usability? auto feels like it has a weird lag between firing and when the damage shows up / enemy dies. semi is an ammo hog and the distance doesn't feel great. combine that with the 60 clip and, what feels like, lengthy reload time and i'm not sure i'm gonna invest more forma into it.

also probably because i'll have to forma a lenz now

jneJb88l.png

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Heh, my first week back in 2 years and Baro is selling one of the 2 primed mods I already own. Figures. Oh well at least I didn't need to spend a bunch of time this weekend farming relics

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
How do you actually do the event in the most left of the mission bar on the nav screen?

It's kind of like a mobile defense mission on Orb Vallis. Just go into the open map and head to the northwest corner near the temple of the profit. You'll see a big spider and small spiders, kill the smaller ones and pick up the container they drop. Then you'll need to find the fractures, they're all over the map and are a crack in the ground with orange particles shooting out of it. Drop in the canister and defend, then find 3 more fractures and do the same thing. At that point you can just leave the map or go get another canister.

You don't actually need to do 4 at a time, it's just more efficient because you get a bonus.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Worst part about coming into this game after 2 years away is there's no catch up mechanic for the multitude of grinds there are and it's impossible to try and do them all at once. Trying to do both open worlds at once and it's too much. On top of needing to grind out credits to pay for faction rank ups and mod improvement, it's a lot.

Been opening all my old vaulted relics too and selling the old vaulted prime parts for plats too. Made about 300p in the last day and haven't even opened any of the REALLY juicy ones. I knew going hard farming Rhino Prime relics back in 2017 was going to pay off eventually.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Worst part about coming into this game after 2 years away is there's no catch up mechanic for the multitude of grinds there are and it's impossible to try and do them all at once. Trying to do both open worlds at once and it's too much. On top of needing to grind out credits to pay for faction rank ups and mod improvement, it's a lot.

Well you also timed it when there are two events happening at the same time, so it looks like there's more than there really is. Don't worry about doing stuff in Cetus or Fortuna. Play the star chart, unlock sorties and do those daily. You get plenty of credits and two of the rewards are huge endo sources. If you need money, do the Glast Gambit quest to unlock the Index. There's a slightly better source of cash at the end of Fortuna, but you do need to get to the highest level in there.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Well you also timed it when there are two events happening at the same time, so it looks like there's more than there really is. Don't worry about doing stuff in Cetus or Fortuna. Play the star chart, unlock sorties and do those daily. You get plenty of credits and two of the rewards are huge endo sources. If you need money, do the Glast Gambit quest to unlock the Index. There's a slightly better source of cash at the end of Fortuna, but you do need to get to the highest level in there.
I did a lot of that stuff last time I played. Star chart complete except for a few nodes in the last planet I think. I got sorties unlocked, but I don't think I've ever done one, even tho I know they're important. I'm very bad about trying new things cause I'm playing solo and don't like to go into things unprepared for them to ruin the game for others. The levels of the enemies in sorties are a lot higher than the rest of the star chart. I also got pretty confused by the operator mechanics last time I played so I never did that fortress

Dakath

Oct 26, 2017
I did a lot of that stuff last time I played. Star chart complete except for a few nodes in the last planet I think. I got sorties unlocked, but I don't think I've ever done one, even tho I know they're important. I'm very bad about trying new things cause I'm playing solo and don't like to go into things unprepared for them to ruin the game for others. The levels of the enemies in sorties are a lot higher than the rest of the star chart. I also got pretty confused by the operator mechanics last time I played so I never did that fortress

Something to keep in mind about the Warframe community; no one who can carry you through high level content got to where they are without similarly being carried by someone even more ridiculously overpowered than them countless times before hand. That's how I feel about my particular Warframe journey anyway.

All you can do is make your best effort to not get downed too much and contribute some damage. The Rivens and the endo you get from Sorties all helps with that.

Worst case scenario, you have to re-do a mission that takes ten minutes to complete. C'est la vie.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Something to keep in mind about the Warframe community; no one who can carry you through high level content got to where they are without similarly being carried by someone even more ridiculously overpowered than them countless times before hand. That's how I feel about my particular Warframe journey anyway.

All you can do is make your best effort to not get downed too much and contribute some damage. The Rivens and the endo you get from Sorties all helps with that.

Worst case scenario, you have to re-do a mission that takes ten minutes to complete. C'est la vie.
That's a good point. Also there's a lot of big swinging dick energy from people that like to show off their power too. I shouldn't worry about it, I'm just weird.

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I think Staticor has become my absolute favorite weapon with the latest addition to my arsenal: Fulmination mod (from the Plague Star event). Increases the radius of explosive secondary weapons. With Magnum Force (negative accuracy) and multishot, I feel like I'm playing a completely different game :D

For anyone who doesnn't know what Static does: if you charge for a little bit, you can shoot a projectile that explodes into a big ball. When upgraded with the right mods, it feels like a 5th warframe ability. Not bad considering that I didn't play with any decent secondary for like the first 400 hours of the game.

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Turns out I had a savage primary in my inventory already (Ignis Wraith), I just needed toss a potato and half dozen forma on it. I've leveled up so many weapons as MR fodder, but it's hard to get a sense for how good weapons are when they have no catalyst or forma by default. Glad I didn't sell this thing once I maxed it out, it's pretty rad

ZeronosVega

Dec 8, 2017
Thomasville, GA
I think Staticor has become my absolute favorite weapon with the latest addition to my arsenal: Fulmination mod (from the Plague Star event). Increases the radius of explosive secondary weapons. With Magnum Force (negative accuracy) and multishot, I feel like I'm playing a completely different game :D

For anyone who doesnn't know what Static does: if you charge for a little bit, you can shoot a projectile that explodes into a big ball. When upgraded with the right mods, it feels like a 5th warframe ability. Not bad considering that I didn't play with any decent secondary for like the first 400 hours of the game.
*Jots down this information*

Good to know...

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I'm trying to do the sacrifice quest and I dunno if I'm running into a bug or something but I can't proceed. I'm at the part where there's a lockdown and I have to kill 5 mimics and after I kill 2 or 3 of them the rest are just gone. I KNOW how mimics work. I know they can be other objects. I'm aborted this mission and restarted it at least 5 or 6 times now and they are just not there. I've got my flamethrower and I've attacked every square inch of this room looking for an object they could have turned into and they are nonexistent. I googled this and other people have reported this to. Did anybody here experience it and how did you pass it? I'm so frustrated with these stupid sentient fights (I have no problem killing them, but they kill ME in literally 2-3 hits even when I'm on Rhino) and this has gone from being annoying to making me actually rage.

edit: never mind, the solution was aborting and restarting 8 times, nice quest

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently it would have been helpful to have a real amp and any amount of focus farmed for my kid before doing that quest.

It's so hard to get lenses. I picked the wrong focus tree when I did the main story quest years ago (no clue what I even put that lens in)... And then I picked a wronger focus tree again when I got a 2nd lens later. Then I got a lens for the wrongest focus tree from a bounty and put it in my best weapon. So I'm earning focus for a bad tree atm. I've got an eidolon lens recipe I want to use for the tree I actually want to farm (the one that gives energy regen), but I need a G. lens to make it, and to make a G.lens I need 4 of the mini lenses of that school and you gotta grind bounties (when the right reward pool is active) to get them? It's all a lot.

Is it ever worth it to just buy a greater lens for plat to finish the eidolon lens? I imagine you want a lens in your frame and all 3 of your weapon slots to max out the farm rate? That seems like it's going to be immensely grindy or expensive to pull off, and that's just the prerequisite to make myself able to grind the actual focus in the first place... This is why I never bothered with any of the operator junk, it's just a whorling sinkhole of suckass grind. I actually like grinding. I think you have to if you play this game. But there's a difference between warframe grinding and operator grinding and that difference is fun, IMO. Operator grinding just ain't fun at all and it's buried under (what seems to me anyways) clunky ass systems and unthrilling gameplay when you're in kid mode. Not a fan

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently it would have been helpful to have a real amp and any amount of focus farmed for my kid before doing that quest.

It's so hard to get lenses. I picked the wrong focus tree when I did the main story quest years ago (no clue what I even put that lens in)... And then I picked a wronger focus tree again when I got a 2nd lens later. Then I got a lens for the wrongest focus tree from a bounty and put it in my best weapon. So I'm earning focus for a bad tree atm. I've got an eidolon lens recipe I want to use for the tree I actually want to farm (the one that gives energy regen), but I need a G. lens to make it, and to make a G.lens I need 4 of the mini lenses of that school and you gotta grind bounties (when the right reward pool is active) to get them? It's all a lot.

Is it ever worth it to just buy a greater lens for plat to finish the eidolon lens? I imagine you want a lens in your frame and all 3 of your weapon slots to max out the farm rate? That seems like it's going to be immensely grindy or expensive to pull off, and that's just the prerequisite to make myself able to grind the actual focus in the first place... This is why I never bothered with any of the operator junk, it's just a whorling sinkhole of suckass grind. I actually like grinding. I think you have to if you play this game. But there's a difference between warframe grinding and operator grinding and that difference is fun, IMO. Operator grinding just ain't fun at all and it's buried under (what seems to me anyways) clunky ass systems and unthrilling gameplay when you're in kid mode. Not a fan

you can probably find someone willing to sell your four normal lenses for far less than what you would pay for the greater lens in the store. like, probably 2 plat each or something. also you could just wait until the zenurik lens is a reward and run the first bounty phase (hope it's a quick and easy one) over and over again quitting back to cetus after the first phase to restart again.

yeah i don't care about carrying folks as long as they're not going afk just to leech.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
you can probably find someone willing to sell your four normal lenses for far less than what you would pay for the greater lens in the store. like, probably 2 plat each or something. also you could just wait until the zenurik lens is a reward and run the first bounty phase (hope it's a quick and easy one) over and over again quitting back to cetus after the first phase to restart again.

yeah i don't care about carrying folks as long as they're not going afk just to leech.
Good tip, gonna do that thanks

Finished a sortie today finally. First time I went with good weapon and was damage leader on Lephantis but everybody else on team was geared for crap so I was basically soloing. Everybody eventually quit out so I left. joined a new game but with more useful Rhino instead of Hydroid BUT I accidentally put old weapons on that didn't have the right dmg mods on it, so we won but I ended up doing no damage. Gotta pay attention to that later. Are all the sortie bosses just damage sponges?

edit: btw I heard animal companions were improved so I started using my kubrow again and they are great but I can't stand this stupid loyalty system. I accidentally had my dog equipped while I was doing the Umbra quest so it died about a hundred times to the stupid sentients and lost all its loyalty. Does that only effect damage? I hate getting punished for using him on tough missions since they die so easily

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
There a way to know what rivens are worth? I've got one with 3 decent rolls on it (+elec, +status +dmg grineer), and no negatives, but it's for an unpopular gun that I'll probably never use (Burston), is there some burston fan out there willing to buy this thing or is it toilet paper?

Oct 25, 2017
There a way to know what rivens are worth? I've got one with 3 decent rolls on it (+elec, +status +dmg grineer), and no negatives, but it's for an unpopular gun that I'll probably never use (Burston), is there some burston fan out there willing to buy this thing or is it toilet paper?

Those aren't great traits, but I wouldn't bother rerolling it, I'd turn it into endo or feed it to a riven transmuter.

Dakath

Oct 26, 2017
Wukong's new cloud walk is a lot of fun. It's what you'd want out of a mist form vampire ability--very zippy, goes in any direction you point. Having a clone on demand helps to have DPS.

But Defy and an exalted weapon? Meh. Abilities like Defy feel like they'd be a lot more useful in a different game, that telegraphs when you're about to take a lethal amount of damage. But Warframe still tends to be "The hell just killed me?" more often than not. And exalted weapons can certainly be powerful and practical--but are ultimately kinda boring compared to a lot of other number 4s. Nothing else feels quite as good as those room clearing nuke abilities.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Only played Wukong for the MR so wasn't even really sure what he did or if the rework makes him better. I find it hard to invest in non-prime warframes cause I know they will eventually be replaced by a better version.

ZeronosVega

Dec 8, 2017
Thomasville, GA
I'm really excited to have my Wukong built. I never built him back when he first came out (and then took an extended absence from the game), but I always liked his theme. If he's the next Prime, even better for me.