• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
I used Wukong a lot before the rework because it let me run Kril/ESO with no effort, but he was so boring to play as. I'm enjoying the rework so far mainly just using his clone like excal umbra. Aim weapon switching seriously needs to be reworked though. Barely used his staff but for the 5 seconds I used it for, it felt like a huge improvement than before.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
I used Wukong a lot before the rework because it let me run Kril/ESO with no effort, but he was so boring to play as. I'm enjoying the rework so far mainly just using his clone like excal umbra. Aim weapon switching seriously needs to be reworked though. Barely used his staff but for the 5 seconds I used it for, it felt like a huge improvement than before.

does his clone have no damage fall off like umbra?

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Successfully finished a couple teralyst hunts but was absolutely carried. First one happened by accident, I was just out killing the little mini ghost guys for their cores and ended up following the thing around for like 20 minutes while the 2 guys I was with slowly whittled it down. Got the impression that none of us really know what we were doing.

I finished the tier 1 amp but haven't leveled it up yet (have been leveling up the starter amp just to finish it but it's been long/tedious). I've finally got a Eidolon Lens cooking in the foundary, so hopefully that will help farm some focus cuz with a single (small) lens in a gun I barely get any focus every time I pick up one of those yellow things. Like a few hundred tops. Also I guess I gotta forma up a sniper to DPS these things.

Can't believe there are groups out there doing 15+ of these hunts per in-game night since just 1 seems like an ordeal, but I guess that's what happens when you don't take multi-year breaks from the game and can stay on top of all the character progression.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
qj7duw1.png

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Just farm on Defense Missions while staying in Operator mode as much as possible. Hydron is rather common.
This worked like a charm thanks.

And wow the difference in damage between the starter amp and a built one is ridiculous. Why do they even give you that stupid starter one it's useless. No wonder I was a joke during teralysts

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
It's funny because in the quest the beam makes you feel like a god. I have great memories of just tearing through those stupid Sentients and being so thrilled because at that point, that was just the easiest way to murder the sentients reliably.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
So, I got a Euphona riven the other day and decided to go all Plague Star on it:

ZgDRJAi.png

I take it out Eidolon hunting, and... it works, but my Rubico Prime does significantly more damage per hit, let alone sustained DPS

S0Dlhkr.png

On the Terralyst, I was hitting for about 2300 with the Rubico and ~1700 with the Euphona, and that's with Pistol Amp on and not Dead Eye. On Vomalysts, I was hitting ~4500 with the Euphona and ~3000 with the Rubico.

What math am I missing here? Their damage types are relatively the same proportion across the same types, but the Euphona has like four times the base damage. Even with the sniper scope +50% crit damage giving the Rubico a ~10x crit multiplier, the raw output should be something like 37k per hit with the Rubico and 75k with the Euphona, which doesn't line up with the numbers from the eidolons or the vomalysts, although for some reason the vomalysts do seem to be more in the right direction. Euphona doesn't have damage fall off, either.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
After looking in to it, it's best not to worry about this sort of problem and just use what functionally works out better versus what the game numbers say. The general consensus among players is that there is some kind of damage or weapon identifier that is messing with the supposed displayed (and DPS calculated) damage. It's especially evident in beam weapons where the mechanics make really impressive damage numbers in the Arsenal turn out to be not that impressive.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
After looking in to it, it's best not to worry about this sort of problem and just use what functionally works out better versus what the game numbers say. The general consensus among players is that there is some kind of damage or weapon identifier that is messing with the supposed displayed (and DPS calculated) damage. It's especially evident in beam weapons where the mechanics make really impressive damage numbers in the Arsenal turn out to be not that impressive.
Yeah, I guess it's just weird. I think the numbers are actually panning out right in the simulacrum against non-alloy armor enemies, but whatever. Even when the Euphona does seem to be working as the numbers show, the difference between the two is marginal once you get your shot combo up on the sniper.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Man I missed this game so much. Why was I gone for so long?

This idiot used to strike fear in my heart...

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
The eidolon ephemera as the final mini NW reward is surprisingly nice looking, way better than some of the other RNG heavy ones. Its a shame it can't be paired with smoking body.

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know how to skip the dialogue during open world bounties? Played with a person yesterday who was getting each objective to appear immediately during Plague Star and all they'd say was it involved a specific gear item. We were hopping down caves for the toxin whilst the end dialogue from the previous run was still playing and getting sub 9 minute runs. I'm guessing the host needs to do it but I can't see what item might cause the effect.

ZeronosVega

Dec 8, 2017
Thomasville, GA
Does anyone know how to skip the dialogue during open world bounties? Played with a person yesterday who was getting each objective to appear immediately during Plague Star and all they'd say was it involved a specific gear item. We were hopping down caves for the toxin whilst the end dialogue from the previous run was still playing and getting sub 9 minute runs. I'm guessing the host needs to do it but I can't see what item might cause the effect.
As far as I'm aware, you cannot skip dialogue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, not to be pushy, but is there a process to requesting a Clan invite that I need to go through? It's been two days since I asked in an earlier post, but I haven't heard anything and wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something obvious. Thanks!

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
This is an issue everywhere in this game that has NPC dialog. Unskippable dialog in the story quests. Unskippable dialog when you accidentally click on one of the dialog options on an NPC in town (like asking Nekak and masks or Konzu about the Plague Star event, they just go off into seemingly endless dialog that u can't back out of) this absolutely irritates the heck me and I actually can't believe it's a thing in 2019

Also, not to be pushy, but is there a process to requesting a Clan invite that I need to go through? It's been two days since I asked in an earlier post, but I haven't heard anything and wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something obvious. Thanks!
Just ping vandald in the Warframe discord (link in OP), I got invite for myself and my friend instantly!

Oct 25, 2017

DE haven't intentionally implemented a skip function, but there is a glitch. It doesn't stop the dialogue from playing, but it makes the next objective appear immediately instead of having to wait for the dialogue to finish.

As LiQuid! said, as for an invite on the discord channel. The clan leaders don't really visit here.

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
Last time Plague Star was here I couldn't take advantage of it, just got the Zaw BPs, the two mods and barely anything else.

This time however...

MNDTzan.png

I saved 3360 hours of waiting time on formas.

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
I mean in general, I just want to be prepared and only know there is free stuff.
You can get a Lotus Ephemera and a Nekros Prime by having your twitch and warframe accounts linked. You then have to watch at least 30 minutes of any of the streams prior to the main one (for the Lotus Ephemera) and another 30 minutes of the main event (for the Nekros Prime).

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
You can also connect a mixer.com account to your warframe account in case you get issues having drops through Twitch.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Next Prime: WuKong, Zhuge & Ninkondi.

ZPb6sHb.jpg

XjkS606.jpg

Bnfw3Ar.jpg
On the one hand, I'm sad it isn't Atlas next. But on the other hand I love Zhuge for bow sorties (kept my Zhuge riven back when it was still better than Attica, and transmuted my attica riven) and was thinking of trying out nunchuk builds again for a while now. Glad I wasn't tempted to stick some more forma on my Wukong after the rework too.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
glad i never formad wukong. does anyone know if kills from his clone count as warframe ability kills or weapon kills in terms of affinity?

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
Seems they're really going to be changing the beginning of the game:

I guess the full version will be shown at TennoCon this saturday.

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
Steve said a while ago that the new player experiencie would have some stuff for veterans too. So I guess it won't be 100% just for newer players. We'll have to see.

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Sucks, not even some nora creds. How the heck am I going to buy all the junk she sells?. I need some of it

They will be starting the next nightwave shortly after this intermission one ends, so the junk will always be around. And if there are gaps, they throw an alert or two to tide people over missing things like nitain or whatever.

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
TennoCon stream has started for those in it for the idling drops (though I think the Nekros Prime drop isn't until much later):

www.twitch.tv

Warframe - Twitch

Warframe is available to play for free on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo Switch, and iOS! Join our Community Livestream every Thursday at 6 PM ET for the latest Warframe news, gameplay, prizes, & more! Plus, tune into our monthly Devstreams to hear game updates from the Devs!

TennoCon stream has started for those in it for the idling drops (though I think the Nekros Prime drop isn't until much later):

www.twitch.tv

Warframe - Twitch

Warframe is available to play for free on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo Switch, and iOS! Join our Community Livestream every Thursday at 6 PM ET for the latest Warframe news, gameplay, prizes, & more! Plus, tune into our monthly Devstreams to hear game updates from the Devs!
Twitch fired!

Thanks for posting this.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Looking for some advice.

I haven't played Warframe in a couple years. I didn't get terribly far but I think I beat quite a few of the early tutorial missions, etc and was to a point where I think I was at maybe the 4th or 5th planet to explore and progress through.

The thing is, last time I tried to go back I was quite lost, to the point where I just wanted to start over fresh from the beginning. BUT, my account has all the plat from that Hydroid price error couple years back so I definitely don't want to start up a new account. So this is the dilemma. Playing on Steam, so what would be the best way to play my existing character and get as close to fresh from the start so I can slowly learn the game again. I was still quite confused with progression, gearing, etc when I left all that time ago.

Could I start up my same character and go through all those missions again from the very start, and simply replay them?

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I'm back after along hiatus since Fortuna release. Anything noteworthy I'm missing other than Equinox Prime and the Alert rework?

I've been kicked out from the clan I was in from inactivity, is Era clan still active? IGN is ItsTabby

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Looking for some advice.

I haven't played Warframe in a couple years. I didn't get terribly far but I think I beat quite a few of the early tutorial missions, etc and was to a point where I think I was at maybe the 4th or 5th planet to explore and progress through.

The thing is, last time I tried to go back I was quite lost, to the point where I just wanted to start over fresh from the beginning. BUT, my account has all the plat from that Hydroid price error couple years back so I definitely don't want to start up a new account. So this is the dilemma. Playing on Steam, so what would be the best way to play my existing character and get as close to fresh from the start so I can slowly learn the game again. I was still quite confused with progression, gearing, etc when I left all that time ago.

Could I start up my same character and go through all those missions again from the very start, and simply replay them?
Yeah definitely don't start over. Even starting from scratch the game can be overwhelming and you don't want to lose all that plat. When you're in the cockpit of your orbiter on the left hand side is a kiosk you can select quests from, you can redo any quests from there if you're interested in seeing the story again. Aside from those story quests the game is very open ended, so once you just kinda hang around and do some quests in your star chart or bounties in the open world areas (Cetus and Fortuna) you will start to get the hang of the game again

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Man I didn't expect it to be so soon. Did I miss otu on the first drop? They are doing partner Q&A now. The good news and new stuff is later right?

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Man I didn't expect it to be so soon. Did I miss otu on the first drop? They are doing partner Q&A now. The good news and new stuff is later right?
Watch the panel for 30 mins for the epehemera, you have until 5:59 EST to get in 30 mins of continuous watch for it.

Then the big reveal will get you Nekros Prime (also need min 30 min watch).

Edit: the art panel was cool, Sentient tile set looking good. Lots of deluxe skins too :)