• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
*sigh* I already know I will reinstall the game at some point in anticipation of the railjack stuff, only to burn out after countless hours and deinstall it again before even reaching it.

I'm guessing you'll be able to participate right away so long as you have an archwing and are a member of a clan who've researched the dock. It's possible you might have to build your own railjack but it would be a dumb decision on DE's part to keep throwing time gates onto the new content.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
Why does everyone suddenly not know how to play the Index when the Nightwave quest comes up... Every goddamn time, same thing....
Been trying all week with randos and just can't do it anymore. I got every single one except that one, been trying all week.

Dakath

Oct 26, 2017
Why does everyone suddenly not know how to play the Index when the Nightwave quest comes up... Every goddamn time, same thing....
Been trying all week with randos and just can't do it anymore. I got every single one except that one, been trying all week.

I've done those by playing Limbo and playing goalie with the Rift and Stasis. And only going via recruitment chat and not just any old public match. Still have to have something to kill anyone who gets caught in your rift though.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Just wanted to come in here and post my fashion.
Desktop_Screenshot_2019.07.15_-_01.13.12.32.png

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I'm guessing at least at the start sanctuary onslaught didn't have people drop at waves 2-4. I can't be arsed to do 20 solo Saryn runs so I'll probably end up using plat.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Having just got back in I don't know if I can stomach the grind for Khora.
It's not that bad if you make use of it when it's optimal rather than forcing it all at once. Only run it when you have a bunch of gear to level and/or Nightwave stuff to compound with it. Khora's a great bonus when SO is the best way to grind an item out to 4-5 forma anyway.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I only need 1 more piece for Khora and I haven't found it that bad honestly. Gave me a reason to learn Saryn. Just press 1 and sip on a mojito with a podcast on. Good way to level the dozen melee weapons I just built for MR food too. The punk ass pubs usually leave by round 2 or 4 but I just solo it no problemo. I guess the only downside is I'd rather being doing ESO instead of noob SO

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
This is interesting...

After some running around with Nekros Prime and figuring out his 3 is actually a toggle, I tried some things out.
First, when using his augment on 3, Despoil, I basically don't use energy. I don't see myself using his 1 and 2 and I refuse to use his 4.
Second, getting slapped with 10 damage per corpse is kind of painful on a frame with no damage reduction and low armor.
Third, his 3 isn't affected by ability duration nor strength.

I enjoy his loot mechanic (I've done many enemy killing runs with regular frames just for a chance for loot), but I don't really like to play something that dies easily. I also don't want to use his 4 with the augment for survivability, because it would annoy me to know that my teammates will be shooting at phantoms half the time. Thus this is how my journey for a tanky Nekros starts.

Some things were not really feasible to farm for me at the moment, so I had to buy with platinum. Hopefully I will earn those plats back in the future, but considering the how much I will make use of the mods before I get to that point it seemed worth it for me.
+ Quick Thinking
+ Adaptation (keeping this at level unranked, because it's also for my Umbra Valkyr build)

My first attempt was getting get rid that self-damage. 3 is affected by efficiency and adding Fleeting Expertise with no real penalties allowed me to get minimal damage. So now with Despoil and Fleeting Expertise, I could pretty much run around in lower missions forever with 3 permanently on, because I'll be getting way more health orbs than I'm getting damage.

Observation:
- I'm sitting on a bunch of unused energy
Solution:
- Add Quick Thinking + Primed Flow to turn that energy pool into additional health

Observation:
- Quick Thinking makes me have more health, but it's still a squishy frame dying really fast (inefficient with HP)
Solution:
- Add Adaptation to turn that HP into something more efficient, Hunter Adrenaline + Equilibrium to get that HP switcheroo going
- Add Pain Threshold to minimize penalties in 'Quick Thinking mode'

Observation:
- Sitting on full energy until panic time and in panic time ('Quick Thinking mode'), the orbs aren't quick enough to heal me back up at higher levels
Solution:
- Take out Despoil and keep HP at max

Observation:
- Still sitting on a lot energy
Solution:
- Take out Fleeting Expertise

Observation:
- Now drains a little too much energy
Solution:
- Put back Fleeting Expertise

Observation:
- Not picking up health orbs due almost always having max health, thus not getting the full benefits of Equilibrium
- Also learned from the person who sold Adaption to me that Health Conversion is a mod. Next Simarus farm goal
Solution:
- Find a way to self-damage myself

Observation:
- Can't find a single weapon that can consistently damage me a little that is not the ridiculous build cost Hema
Solution:
- Try harder at finding the right weapon to do this job

Observation (by chance? Googling around health orbs):
- I suddenly find out Synth Fiber is a thing: a Sentinel mod allowing you to pick up health orbs even when full
Solution:
- Farm Synth Fiber and add it

Observation:
- Picking up so many orbs now and with Equilibrium kicking in, I'm drowning in energy
Solution:
- Remove Hunter Adrenaline & Fleeting Expertise

Observation:
- Super sustainable with Synth Fiber on Sentinel + Equilibrium
Solution:
- Multiple mod slots free

My next goals are farming for Synth Deconstruct so my Sentinel has a chance to create even more health orbs, and Health Conversion to turn all those health orb pickups into temporary armor. The energy balance and health orb pickup are now solved.

I think with adaptation and armor, the HP even in Quick Thinking mode should be effective enough to prevent stagger, so I can remove Pain Threshold freeing up another mod slot. Though I might still keep it once I unlocked the Exilus slot, because that's the only Exilus mod that makes sense except for maybe a little bit extra ability range.

It's funny that while doing this, I learned to do more Simaris (how to scan targets other than the daily task) and Fortuna (which I've mostly avoided and now I notice I can't rank up without Training Debt Bonds...).

It's all these little goals that just keep me going and going. And this is just for one warframe, even though there's still a million other things to do, like farming those last few 60/60 mods, the remaining corrupted mods, unlocking Arbitrations, farm Wukong Prime, farm Wisp, farm ducats, do more Edeilons, make my first (Nikana) Zaw because of that Amalgam Daikyu mod that gives Nikanas lifesteal, etc. etc.

This game D:

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
In practice Despoil isn't much of a trade-off at all because the ability also produces tons of health orbs.

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
That looks quite balanced (for when you want to use all abilities). Well, if there's one major thing I've gotten so far out of the journey is that the only reason you want to run Despoil is to save a little bit of energy (which shouldn't be an issue with Equilibrium) and to activate Health Conversion. But, Synth Fiber basically serves the same purpose but is a sentinel mod, so you can free up one slot in your current build by using one slot on your sentinel.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
Thus robbing you of one of his best damage mitigation abilities. Also removing the buffs of eximus units you kill.

If you have despoil on there's no reason you should ever be stuck at full health.

unknown.png

If I feel especially cheeky I'll take off Stretch for Creeping Terrify.

This is my build, minus Health Conversion (haven't farmed it, and its 50p on the market). I believe I changed it out with Intensify for a little more damage for my shadows, but I think Augur Reach would be fun too.

Still need to finish leveling my mods all the way. I just cant bring myself to do the Glast Gambit quest to unlock Index for the credits portion of the upgrades

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
This may be a strange question, but I have noticed there are a few different ways to play each frame, depending on what ability you favor and want to buff. You can make a lot of frames fit a few different play styles. One of my favorite frames to play with is Garuda, but I always play her defensive, prioritizing Duration > Range > Power for her Blood Alter ability (2).

What are some other effective ways to build Garuda, or some off-meta builds for other frames?

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
This may be a strange question, but I have noticed there are a few different ways to play each frame, depending on what ability you favor and want to buff. You can make a lot of frames fit a few different play styles. One of my favorite frames to play with is Garuda, but I always play her defensive, prioritizing Duration > Range > Power for her Blood Alter ability (2).

What are some other effective ways to build Garuda, or some off-meta builds for other frames?
I love me some Garuda. One of my favorite ways to play her is with Quick Thinking

PmHeQXL.jpg

(That's Redirection under the Quick Thinking)

Garuda's passive is that every 1% health she's missing she gets +1% damage, and Quick Thinking lets you spam your 3 and stay as close to 1% health as possible with little risk since Garuda has a large energy pool. If you do take so much damage that you run out of energy for use with Quick Thinking, Pain Threshold reduces your stagger recovery time so you don't get stunlocked, which can otherwise happen. Instead, you can roll out, and with Rolling Guard you're completely invulnerable for ~3 seconds, which is more than enough time to get another Blood Altar up on someone. Blood Altar refunds a flat amount of health per second but the cost on her 3 is based on percentage of your max health, so with low total health the Blood Altars let you max out your energy super fast and Rejuvenation is basically constant free energy. Natural Talent is a huge QOL boost for all of her skills.

Because of the basically infinite free energy, I use her with a Zaw with a +channeling damage arcane and a riven with +150% channeling damage, no reason not to channel with the amount of energy you can pull.

I feel Streamline is basically necessary, (takes her 3's health -> energy conversion from 50% health for 25% energy to 35% for 35%), but there's room to play around in there with Transient Fortitude, Steel Fiber, and Natural Talent, if you can play without it.

Oh, stay outta Toxin clouds though

Last edited:

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
I love me some Garuda. One of my favorite ways to play her is with Quick Thinking

PmHeQXL.jpg

(That's Redirection under the Quick Thinking)

Garuda's passive is that every 1% health she's missing she gets +1% damage, and Quick Thinking lets you spam your 3 and stay as close to 1% health as possible with little risk since Garuda has a large energy pool. If you do take so much damage that you run out of energy for use with Quick Thinking, Pain Threshold reduces your stagger recovery time so you don't get stunlocked, which can otherwise happen. Instead, you can roll out, and with Rolling Guard you're completely invulnerable for ~3 seconds, which is more than enough time to get another Blood Altar up on someone. Blood Altar refunds a flat amount of health per second but the cost on her 3 is based on percentage of your max health, so with low total health the Blood Altars let you max out your energy super fast and Rejuvenation is basically constant free energy. Natural Talent is a huge QOL boost for all of her skills.

Because of the basically infinite free energy, I use her with a Zaw with a +channeling damage arcane and a riven with +150% channeling damage, no reason not to channel with the amount of energy you can pull.

I feel Streamline is basically necessary, (takes her 3's health -> energy conversion from 50% health for 25% energy to 35% for 35%), but there's room to play around in there with Transient Fortitude, Steel Fiber, and Natural Talent, if you can play without it.

Oh, stay outta Toxin clouds though

Nice, that is such an awesome tanky build.

I still need to build my first Zaw....and kit gun haha

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Next time I get an affinity booster I'll forma that exilus slot but here's where I'm sitting.

unknown.png

Steel charge is for the mod points. You want more than 200% strength so that her 4 always procs slash. I like to try to keep her bottomed out on health so that her bonus damage comes through, but Grace is there as a safety net for annoying toxin procs.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Thus robbing you of one of his best damage mitigation abilities. Also removing the buffs of eximus units you kill.

If you have despoil on there's no reason you should ever be stuck at full health.

unknown.png

If I feel especially cheeky I'll take off Stretch for Creeping Terrify.
I would go for a maxed Blind Rage over Intensify tbh since that would get you to 214 Power strength which gives you 90%* damage reduction w/ 7 Shadows. Also frees up the slot that youre using Auger Secrets on

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Would anyone be interested in helping me farm Mesa Prime relics ( well I guess once I unlock more of the star chart)?

Slack Attack

Oct 28, 2017
Can I get an invite to the PC clan? Name is 'Slack.Attack'. I was in it for awhile before but must have been dropped due to inactivity.

Thanks!

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
After some running around with Nekros Prime and figuring out his 3 is actually a toggle
TIL... I always wondered why I could never tell if I was getting extra loot from kills while leveling him. Oh well I'm still a Hydroid main that runs Pilfering almost 100% of the time, so my loot needs are already met anyways, but good to know heh

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
I got probably around 300-500p in rivens for 30p -- a tonkor, a pandero, and a galvacord - from someone who was like MR11 and in trade chat saying that they wanted to ditch their trash rivens for 10p each. I actually kinda feel bad, even though I had no idea what any of them were worth before it was done.

I don't think I could bring myself to buy any more from them, but I know one of the ones I didn't buy was a Serro and I'm dying to know what the other two were.

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
Uh, none of those are really worth anything except maybe the pandero. Sweet tonkor got nerfed so hard it's not good, and the galvacord is pointless next to the atterax or secura lecta.
Tonkor's value is pure fun. Pandero's perfectly solid, although yeah, I can't really say anything about the galvacord. But they're all middle of the road rivens that'll sell fine with a decent enough roll to people who like the weapons themselves, which is how most rivens get sold. Can't all be the new Zhuge Prime hotness.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
Glitchesarecool ran 40 minutes of Octavia part farming with me last night on Derelict Survival (thanks!), but to no avail. This particular grind is killing me. I can't wait for the Nidus grind.

Froyo Love

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Glitchesarecool ran 40 minutes of Octavia part farming with me last night on Derelict Survival (thanks!), but to no avail. This particular grind is killing me. I can't wait for the Nidus grind.
you find out which of your friends are truly devoted to MR on that Nidus grind

"hey Froyo maybe we can do something else? literally anything?"

NO

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The dumb thing is I have Platinum just sitting around.
I managed to snag that pricing error years back on the Hydroid Prime bundle. I got all the palettes, buy all the weapon and Warframe slots I need, financed the forma for my clan's Dojo, and after all this time I've still got like 1900 plat just sitting there lmao

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Actually I really like Infested Salvage. It's a very active mode and I don't get bored of it like I do with interception or defense.

I managed to snag that pricing error years back on the Hydroid Prime bundle.

Yeah I blew all that on a full Arcane Energize set back when they came out of the Jordas Verdict and were waaaay more rare. However it was a great investment, it's really made some of my riskier builds work.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Randomly had 2 of my Siege crew install this yesterday. Ran them both thru some of the newbie missions. It's weird because I very much want to encourage them to keep trying out the game, but I 100% know that this game is "too much" for both of them from a time commitment standpoint. It's awkward trying to balance my enthusiasm for some fresh meat to sherpa through learning this obtuse ass game with my measured trepidation that they are both liable to nope the fuck out at any moment

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
Speaking of Zhuge...

7qqfwUo.png

How much is that worth?
It probably wouldn't take long to unload that for 700-800p

Semi-related, I got a Harpak the other day that rolled into +210 crit, +140 electricity, +130 multi shot.... and -180 damage. And it was still good because the biggest thing the -damage really took out was the puncture, but I had to rerool it because it just sucked to look at

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Randomly had 2 of my Siege crew install this yesterday. Ran them both thru some of the newbie missions. It's weird because I very much want to encourage them to keep trying out the game, but I 100% know that this game is "too much" for both of them from a time commitment standpoint. It's awkward trying to balance my enthusiasm for some fresh meat to sherpa through learning this obtuse ass game with my measured trepidation that they are both liable to nope the fuck out at any moment

No fucking joke. I've started a couple of weeks back, after bouncing off no less than three other separate times over the years, and Warframe is easily the most obtuse game I've ever played. I never quite got into Eve Online but even what I played of it wasn't as relentlessly esoteric and mercilessly user unfriendly. It's a good think I'm a sucker for some wiki reading because Warframe should be renamed "Read the Fucking Wiki: The Videogame". I imagine any of my friends or my SO trying to get into it on their own and I could fall down laughing at the prospect.

Random example: Orb Valis fissures. They show up prominently in your console, you go to the Orb Valis (after completing the Vox Solaris quest, which fucking forces you to listen to unskippable dialogue every time you fail it, including running out of time, which memorably once happened because the game decided to teleport me literally over a kilometer away from where I was for no reason). So, OK, sure, you complete Vox Solaris and finally get next to one of these fabled fissures. Then the game tells you you need a coolant canister. How exactly is a new player supposed to know they drop from some add of some specific world boss, without reading the wiki?

It's all like that, all the time, every time. It's nothing short of impressive that the game has a healthy player base considering how aggressively, violently unfriendly it is to new players. I'm assuming it's a vicious cycle of "cater to existing playerbase by adding new content to keep them playing, because we don't get many new players" <-> "new players bounce off while existing players remain engaged".

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
No fucking joke. I've started a couple of weeks back, after bouncing off no less than three other separate times over the years, and Warframe is easily the most obtuse game I've ever played. I never quite got into Eve Online but even what I played of it wasn't as relentlessly esoteric and mercilessly user unfriendly. It's a good think I'm a sucker for some wiki reading because Warframe should be renamed "Read the Fucking Wiki: The Videogame". I imagine any of my friends or my SO trying to get into it on their own and I could fall down laughing at the prospect.

Random example: Orb Valis fissures. They show up prominently in your console, you go to the Orb Valis (after completing the Vox Solaris quest, which fucking forces you to listen to unskippable dialogue every time you fail it, including running out of time, which memorably once happened because the game decided to teleport me literally over a kilometer away from where I was for no reason). So, OK, sure, you complete Vox Solaris and finally get next to one of these fabled fissures. Then the game tells you you need a coolant canister. How exactly is a new player supposed to know they drop from some add of some specific world boss, without reading the wiki?

It's all like that, all the time, every time. It's nothing short of impressive that the game has a healthy player base considering how aggressively, violently unfriendly it is to new players. I'm assuming it's a vicious cycle of "cater to existing playerbase by adding new content to keep them playing, because we don't get many new players" <-> "new players bounce off while existing players remain engaged".

I was constantly asking questions to the RE clan when I came back to WF. I have gotten to the point where I pretty much live on the wiki when playing.

I remember looking and grinding so much for Mutagen Mass to build some weapons. I just couldn't get those things to drop. Felt like a complete idiot asking the clan, then I finally visited the Dojo, had my mind blown, and spent all of my credits on weapon BP and resources

Edit: Still haven't done any of the Orb stuff, I really want to, but I know I am going to need to read up on all of it before I do.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017

I came back to the game a few months ago after taking a few years off (but having hundreds of hours in it previously) and this was STILL basically me irl when I got back. Teaching someone just the basics of how the missions structure and mods work is a full time job, much less trying to explain all the additions they've made, like the open worlds, standings, events, nightwave, etc.

Just yesterday I had to learn what the Profit Taker was and realized I have a lot of work to do in Fortuna... This game is a lot

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
I think it's one reason they are so integrated with YouTubers. When new things come out they basically come out and teach you the mechanics, builds, etc. I wouldn't be half as interested in the game without having watched iFlynn explain Parkour and then the Brozime videos that I watch whenever he releases them.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing quite like having to watch independently made video guides because the game barely explains how anything works.