• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Starting a new account just to get used to the new systems might not be a bad idea, or you could wait for the reworked new player experience which they'll probably allow old accounts to play. Careful on swapping stuff between your accounts as technically that's not allowed and could potentially lead to a ban. It'll probably be fine so long as you aren't shifting a chunk of platinum or rivens, but the risk is there.

There's a few guides out there you can check out, like this one. There's a small section specifically for returning players followed by a quick starter guide.
Ha, I noped out and booted up Desitny. :p

I think I'll restart and get the feel for it again, I could always just give the stuff I earn away to save wasting it if sharing with yourself isn't allowed. I'll check those guides before I do.

What is this new player experience thing? Do you think it might be worth waiting for it before I get back into the game? I have plenty of other stuff to play now, so a few months waiting would be fine.

Oct 25, 2017
What is this new player experience thing? Do you think it might be worth waiting for it before I get back into the game? I have plenty of other stuff to play now, so a few months waiting would be fine.

All we know so far is from the fancy new opening cinematic shown at tennocon. Hopefully it isn't too far away but there can be quite a gap inbetween DE announcing something and it then being released. The difficulty of the game for new players is widely acknowledged so they should be addressing this or the update will be pointless.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Anyway, rambling a bit, any advice for me? Cheers!

I can only tell you what worked for me: wiki, wiki, wiki. Every time the game told me about a term, type of mission, mechanic, etc. I was unfamiliar with, I wikied it immediately. The flip side is that the Warframe wiki is fantastic and extremely complete, unlike many other games where not even this is an option.

I frankly can't imagine anyone who's not the kind of person that likes to read up on things, or is playing with someone who does and explains it to them, to be able to get into the game, and that's a huge problem with the game. I've said it often in this thread but Warframe is probably the most impenetrable game I've ever played. There's an amazing game beneath all this obtuseness (and bugs), but man if you don't have to dig deep.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I can only tell you what worked for me: wiki, wiki, wiki. Every time the game told me about a term, type of mission, mechanic, etc. I was unfamiliar with, I wikied it immediately. The flip side is that the Warframe wiki is fantastic and extremely complete, unlike many other games where not even this is an option.

I frankly can't imagine anyone who's not the kind of person that likes to read up on things, or is playing with someone who does and explains it to them, to be able to get into the game, and that's a huge problem with the game. I've said it often in this thread but Warframe is probably the most impenetrable game I've ever played. There's an amazing game beneath all this obtuseness (and bugs), but man if you don't have to dig deep.
Yeh I'm no stranger to this having been with the game from CB to Archwing, I was mostly curious if any other systems had been put in place that help... but it seems to still require the wiki to make sense.

Which is fine for me, I'll eventually make a push and see if I can get back into it.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
So... I've tried this a few times, but the new updates all look really fun and I want to give this a proper shot again.

I was a founder way back in closed beta. I was with the game through all of its initial growing spurts and pains and ducked out around the time the Archwings were added (I still have mine sitting in my foundry waiting to be made).

I've tried reinstalling and relearning the game, but every time I do I'm completely overwhelmed and lost... WF has always been a little obscure and sometimes even obtuse with explaining its systems, but I'm so far behind I have no idea how much this has been improved upon, I just see tonnes of menus and missions and I have no idea where to begin again.

I've actually considered firing up a new FTP account and running the tutorials just to find my footing, then switching back to my main when I've got to grips, but I'd rather not do that as I have a bunch of cool gear now and my progress will be mostly wasted (although I guess I could trade myself the mods and stuff I find, if that's still how it works).

Anyway, rambling a bit, any advice for me? Cheers!
honestly just go back to the early planets and look at the junction nodes connecting them

they're basically just lists of challenges that let you access the next planet (after a boss fight) and reward blueprints and quests

finish any you haven't done, and do any of the quests you haven't finished as they come up

that's honestly enough to get your footing back. just progress as usual, and keep going until you've unlocked most of the star chart

you won't be able to fully engage with a lot of the new systems until a couple of the late-game quests anyway, so don't worry too much about stuff you see and don't immediately understand

that's how I got back into the game after not playing for several years

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
*Trying to learn how to tranquilize peaceful animals in a no mission, free-roam instance of Plains of Eidolons.*
*Game insists on spawning the same level 30 super fast flying enemies I have no hope of killing with my current weapons and that will follow you to the literal end of the map.*
Well fuck you too, Warframe.

I'm ready to believe Warframe has reached a point where there's so many points of frustration for the player, the dev team has given up on ever tackling them.

Super late edit: googling for some tips I just read this, I'll give both a try (once again thanks Warframe for leaving crucial information to be googled):

The enemies scale in levels the farther away from the gate you are.

But here's a neat trick, if you do the first bounty (Levels 1-5) and finish it, not matter how far away from the gate you are the enemies will always be level 1-5.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
You don't even have to finish it. Go ahead and fail the first mission and as long as you don't leave the plains, everyone is locked in to those levels.

This is a trick we use for the highest level when we were farming the tanks.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
You don't even have to finish it. Go ahead and fail the first mission and as long as you don't leave the plains, everyone is locked in to those levels.

This is a trick we use for the highest level when we were farming the tanks.

Thank you, I'll also give that a try. Still, it's so obtuse you need to know and go through these loops rather than just selecting the level of your Plains instance when you free roam (or at least have it adjust to your Warframe OR account level).

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Not really? If you noticed when doing a bounty that the world just persists after you're done, you could realize that enemies might be lower level or at least explore that idea. It's the same thing as selecting the level of your plains instance.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Not really? If you noticed when doing a bounty that the world just persists after you're done, you could realize that enemies might be lower level or at least explore that idea. It's the same thing as selecting the level of your plains instance.

I didn't even know the enemies' levels outside the actual mission areas were changed. Up until I read that comment, I just assumed lower level missions would send you to lower level areas of the map. Personally, I find bounties among the least enjoyable missions of the entire game, I've barely done the five needed for the Nightwave weekly.

In any case, doing the above replaced "being harassed by enemies I can't kill" with "being harassed by enemies that respawn immediately and constantly". Do enemies ever stop spawning? I didn't find a single conservation spot that wasn't next to a source of endless enemies. Am I supposed to follow tracks, imitate calls and quietly wait for animals to arrive while I (and them!) are under constant enemy fire? I feel like I must be missing something important here.

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Great hauls today!

O7cE8Qq.jpg

This very specific weapon needs a Riven with at least 95% status to reach 100% status. I managed to roll into it with the last roll of the day (with the 20k kuva from Nightwave)... and it boosts the most desired proc as well: Slash!

UVpAwn7.jpg

I've been farming Ophelia daily and farming Simarus standing to roll for Condition Overload. After checking out how Transmutation really works, aside from putting 4 rares, the type you put in also boosts that specific mod chance. So I tried 3x rare melee + Madurai Transmutation Core and got it! The grind was real, but I'm so happy that I'm done with the Ophelia grind.

jqZy1el.jpg

By the way, this is the Nekros I'm running right now. It feels great. He relies on Synth Fiber on the Sentinal and is essential. You could say it's part of this core. It's a perfect dance of equilibrium: Synth Fiber allows me to pick up Health Orbs even at full health, which will always feed my energy with Equilibrium and top off my armor with Health Conversion. Energy Orbs will always be pickable because I use Desecrate without augments, which will also always top of my health thanks to Equilibrium. Any damage I get will feed into maximum energy because of Hunter Adrenaline. Quick Thinking turns all that energy into effective health. Combined with the armor from Health Conversion and Adaption, it's an extremely strong effective health. Due to all the orb synergy (always pickable), you easily refill both pools quite easily, but keep the Adaption stacks and regain the armor stacks, thus you stay in this tanky synergy loop. The augment slot hasn't been opened up yet, because I've been so immortal I haven't gotten into Quick Thinking mode that much (and it's hard to stay in that mode for long because Nekros heals up so quickly) so I haven't experienced too much staggering (I can't seem to trigger it, maybe because of all the armor and adaption stacks), which should be the weakness of Quick Thinking. If I do find myself in a situation where that becomes a problem, I will probably add in Pain Threshold as the augment slot to finish the build.

I like my ability frames but I also love my zero thinking frames where I just enter and don't think about anything. Hence why I love playing Valkyr and I made my Nekros play similar to her. I'm satisfied with my decision, because it made farming for Hexanon for Wisp a lot more tolerable. All parts are finally building today!

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Great hauls today!

O7cE8Qq.jpg

This very specific weapon needs a Riven with at least 95% status to reach 100% status. I managed to roll into it with the last roll of the day (with the 20k kuva from Nightwave)... and it boosts the most desired proc as well: Slash!
Nice, I got one of those from that proxy rebellion the other day, riven turns that gun into a real shredder. Pretty much the perfect secondary and riven for your Nekros. I think I kept mine unrolled, came with something like +electric, +damage, -slash, and some random third positive, maybe crit damage but it's not a crit gun. With -slash, it goes through armor like nothing.

Just started diving into archguns+gravimags this week, too much fun. I have a Dual Decurion cooking with a +Heat, +Cold, +Magazine Capacity, -Slash riven waiting for it. Interested in seeing how it stacks up against an Imperator Vandal vs. Profit-Taker.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
What is a good price for buying Rank 0 Arcane Energizes? Need 6 to complete the set and wondering what I should expect

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
The only Arcane Energize I have is from the Nightwave, it will likely be the only one I ever have unless it's added again or something. I should probably sell it.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Spent around 900 for the remaining 6 that I needed. Very worth it so far. Really like that it opens up blind rage being a legitimate consideration now

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Over 500 hours of Warframe on PC now, it's my most and long-time played game there.
I really like the new Wukong, tho I think they could have put in one more aggressive skill, 2 and 3 are a bit samey, even if his 3 is a damage skill.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. Just had a network outage right when I was about to cap off my daily rep grind in Fortuna.

The universe conspires against me.

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a Platinum guide with regards to trading?
If you mean farming and not the actual mechanics of trading and/or pricing, the easiest/most cost effective things at the moment are probably:

- Rhino/Nyx prime stuff. Farm it up now, sell it after they get taken away again at the end of the month. The prices will go up the longer you wait. Fortuna/Cetus bounties are by far the best option for getting the relics.
- Baro mods while he's still here. Primed Cryo rounds will be back up to 60-80p each a week or two after he leaves.
- Nightwave aura mods and faction warframe mods are a good ongoing stream of plat. Corrosive Projection/Energy Siphon/Steel Charge go for around 25p each once they're off rotation, warframe mods usually go for around 15p each. This stuff'll come to you passively just through playing.

Other than that, it's just rolling the dice with radshares.

Also, if anyone still has Meso F2s lying around, I have like 20 stockpiled still and I'm trying to do some radfarming because the Frost Prime BP is ~80p.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Just generally speaking, mass opening relics is the best way to get plat IMO. I've had no problem making plat just by opening random relics with pubs. You luck your way into nice drops pretty often just via other people cracking vaulted radiants. Worst case scenario you get some ducats every crack and can turn that into primed mods. Also do alerts for gun parts, those sets sell for 30ish plat. There's all kinds of fun tricks to making plat

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
If you mean farming and not the actual mechanics of trading and/or pricing, the easiest/most cost effective things at the moment are probably:

- Rhino/Nyx prime stuff. Farm it up now, sell it after they get taken away again at the end of the month. The prices will go up the longer you wait. Fortuna/Cetus bounties are by far the best option for getting the relics.
- Baro mods while he's still here. Primed Cryo rounds will be back up to 60-80p each a week or two after he leaves.
- Nightwave aura mods and faction warframe mods are a good ongoing stream of plat. Corrosive Projection/Energy Siphon/Steel Charge go for around 25p each once they're off rotation, warframe mods usually go for around 15p each. This stuff'll come to you passively just through playing.

Other than that, it's just rolling the dice with radshares.

Also, if anyone still has Meso F2s lying around, I have like 20 stockpiled still and I'm trying to do some radfarming because the Frost Prime BP is ~80p.
I manage to sell 1 Orta and 2 Sah Ayatan Sculptures fully loaded for 9p and a Rank 6 Narrow Minded mod. Was that good?

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
How much do fully loaded Piv Ayatan Sculpture go for? How are you guys getting the average index price of these items in the Warframe Market website? There doesn't seem to be a button/counter anywhere.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
The Spore Ephemera from the Nightwave looks awesome. It gives a cel shade rim light effect so I darken my character's colors and let the bright outline give it a unique look. Wish I could make some skins darker.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
How much do fully loaded Piv Ayatan Sculpture go for? How are you guys getting the average index price of these items in the Warframe Market website? There doesn't seem to be a button/counter anywhere.

When you are on an item page, under the description there's a Statistics tab you can click to look at the recent history

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
XIMh6LF.png

oh

hell

yes

Not even that big of a deal overall, but it definitely brings basically all of those up from "why even bother" to "sure, I guess you could, if you want, for fun"

Depending on the range and how well you can slot it in, the Oberon one could actually be a big eidolon boost considering he's already viable there. I'd say the Saryn one would be good too, except if you have it, you already have Saryn.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
I tried out the Titanic Rumbler augment only for the giant rumbler to be too big to fit through Grineer doors and on a ledge above a pathway

Knockdown+taunt seems handy though. I might bring back my old Obex Entropy Detonation build to use with it.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Not even that big of a deal overall, but it definitely brings basically all of those up from "why even bother" to "sure, I guess you could, if you want, for fun"

Whoa hold on now, these are actually pretty big deals. Oberon and Saryn as you mentioned give two of the most vital elements for damage in the game. Time to kill on Eidolons is drastically reduced with Oberon because now you're granting your whole party a multiplicative bonus amount of Radiation. This forces even badly kitted players to actually have a big impact on the hunt. Volt's should also stack with Oberon's buff because most players are using a Lanka, and the bonus damage will mesh with Hellfire (or whatever fire element is on there) for the Radiation.

Corrosive is just dank damage to have too, and the duration is great. While heat and cold aren't as important, and god forbid you're caught using Ember outside of memes, they're still good sources of damage. Most importantly about the mods though is being able to self buff with them. I'd go as far as saying that Oberon, Volt, and Saryn should have them on all the time.

Other notable changes are Muzzle Flash as the range scales with mods so you can get out of some very neat Oh Shit situations, and the blind is a proper blind with all the added damage and finisher opportunities. I'm not sure I'd consider it as mandatory as others, but it's a nice additional bonus to have. Rising Storm for Ash has given him an insane combo counter stacking power and Smokescreen's augment became much more useful with the wider range, although the ability's hampered by a low base ability duration. Magnetized Discharge is really good and Mag loves that added Range. Total Eclipse is now up there in competition with Chroma's Vex Armor buffing abilities. Seriously see how high you can make the bonus damage go. It's stuck with the dumb day/night thing but the damage output is off the charts.

Everything else is kind of a meme or not useful.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Gave up my Titanic Rumbler + obex build. Rumbler is usually too far doing it's own thing for the taunt to hit anything near me and I'm not going to mod my Atlas for range. The 3-4 times I was able to get a knockdown and proc a room clearing entropy detonation were fun though.

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
Whoa hold on now, these are actually pretty big deals. Oberon and Saryn as you mentioned give two of the most vital elements for damage in the game. Time to kill on Eidolons is drastically reduced with Oberon because now you're granting your whole party a multiplicative bonus amount of Radiation. This forces even badly kitted players to actually have a big impact on the hunt. Volt's should also stack with Oberon's buff because most players are using a Lanka, and the bonus damage will mesh with Hellfire (or whatever fire element is on there) for the Radiation.

Corrosive is just dank damage to have too, and the duration is great. While heat and cold aren't as important, and god forbid you're caught using Ember outside of memes, they're still good sources of damage. Most importantly about the mods though is being able to self buff with them. I'd go as far as saying that Oberon, Volt, and Saryn should have them on all the time.

Other notable changes are Muzzle Flash as the range scales with mods so you can get out of some very neat Oh Shit situations, and the blind is a proper blind with all the added damage and finisher opportunities. I'm not sure I'd consider it as mandatory as others, but it's a nice additional bonus to have. Rising Storm for Ash has given him an insane combo counter stacking power and Smokescreen's augment became much more useful with the wider range, although the ability's hampered by a low base ability duration. Magnetized Discharge is really good and Mag loves that added Range. Total Eclipse is now up there in competition with Chroma's Vex Armor buffing abilities. Seriously see how high you can make the bonus damage go. It's stuck with the dumb day/night thing but the damage output is off the charts.

Everything else is kind of a meme or not useful.
Yeah, I basically felt that way -- especially cause I generally run Oberon on eidolons -- but I didn't want to overstate it and catch a bunch of "who cares Chroma already one shots limbs" or "Saryn just presses 4 and everything dies already so whatever", considering I hadn't actually played around with any of it. Still not sure about the range, but being able to add +200% radiation damage at least to myself in a worst-case scenario is going to be huge in eidolons with randos, and from what I can tell on the wiki Volt's electricity should transfer up into radiation too.

I've actually already dropped a forma into an Ember Prime, Ignis Wraith, and Atomos today to see what you can do with Ember now that Fireball's augment self-applies. Even with a basic 200% ability strength build, it's +200% heat damage, then Flash Accelerant gives you another +100%, and base Accelerant multiples it all by ~5x (so long as you keep your heat from combining into something else)*. Shooting through the ring on her 3 is there too, but that's a hassle. I still need to put at least another forma into everything to see how it pans out at the end, but eh, might as well. Wondering how a smidge of viral might work out thrown in there since they're both good status weapons, and thinking about dropping an aura forma on her too so I can get Corrosive Projection in. Or not. It might just be something I mess around with in infested arbitrations.

Other than those, the only other that I've really put thought into is Ash's Rising Storm. I'm kinda past my Ash phase, but I always ran him crit because he has built in armor strip, and using Gladiator Rush never doesn't suck. Even Drifting Contact is super sub-optimal, and it's still better than GR. Rising Storm was a bit too much of a hassle to keep combo counter up without any additonal mods before, but now it's straight up a free slot on your weapon, so, fantastic. Smokescreen's buffs sound like they'll make it actually occasionally useful, but also, like you said, the duration is short, and finding the right window for your allies to really make use of it seems ehh. You're either going to be spamming it when you pass someone and assume it's doing something, or... use it to cover rezzes? Not great, not terrible.

and maybe Flash Accelerant reduces their damage resistance to heat as well? It doesn't say in the augment but the tooltip says something about armor reduction and heat that is super unclear and I see conflicting stuff online

Last edited:
OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Still not sure about the range, but being able to add +200% radiation damage at least to myself in a worst-case scenario is going to be huge in eidolons with randos, and from what I can tell on the wiki Volt's electricity should transfer up into radiation too.

If you hover over the ability with the augment equipped, it shows the augment's stats as well and how it's affected by mods.

Flash Accelerant reduces their damage resistance to heat as well?

Accelerant at base increases damage that affected enemies take from Heat by 250%. The augment allows you to buff your allies.

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
Accelerant at base increases damage that affected enemies take from Heat by 250%. The augment allows you to buff your allies.
Right. At 200% power, the multiplier from Accelerant increases to 500%. The +50% heat damage from Flash Accelerant applies to yourself and allies. And now, tonight on Warframe Tooltip theater, I present:

Flash Accelerant as Damage
aCMVhLp.png

Flash Accelerant as Armor Reduction
oL7ltpU.png

Flash Accelerant as Armor Reduction and Damage
d6B5UgE.png

It almost sounds like Armor Reduction is referring to the damage multiplier in a backwards way, but then I don't know why it'd be under Flash Accelerant, especially with the actual multiplier being listed under Accelerant. I guess it's a tooltip error and it's meant to refer to the damage bonus on the augment.