• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sandweed

May 8, 2018
This is all your fault.

Md58oBl.png

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Speaking about Kavats: Apparently Synth mods also work on non-Sentinels (it's actually a Companion mod). So my Synth Fiber build with Nekros is using my Synth Kavat now :D Farm god.

Also. I started leveling my Titania and Zenistar is a great weapon for frames with alternate melee modes (throw disk out, then start melee'ing in her pixie form). But I noticed that sometimes when I went out of the form, my Zenistar hits like a speed demon. I googled it and it seems a very minor known bug (speeds up slow weapons, slows down fast weapons), but it's in the game for over a year. Seems quite broken to me: Zenistar disk scales on attack speed so it becomes a monster if you can mod it with pure damage and zero attack speed. But it's like, you can also create the slowest Zaw you've ever seen and make it super fast with this bug. You would think they would patch this out. I mean, I already find out about this by doing a few Helene's and my Titania isn't even potatoed nor max leveled yet, surely there are a lot of Titania mains out there who know about this for the longest of time.

Titania though... she seems fun. Might potato her. She looks a bit weird though. Not sure if I want to play with a weird looking frame.

Oct 25, 2017

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Couple of noob questions:

- So the best use for Nightwave cred are aura mods, particularly to resell them later for plat. That said, which ones should I get? One of each? Multiples of one in particular?

- I'm turning duplicate common mods into Endo, should I do the same with uncommons and rares? Or perhaps keep the rares for transmutation?

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
That said, which ones should I get? One of each? Multiples of one in particular?

Absolute must haves for yourself are Corrosive Projection, Energy Siphon, and Steel Charge. Less important would be the Amp auras for weapons. Most other stuff isn't needed.

Or perhaps keep the rares for transmutation?

This, kinda, but transmutation isn't really worth it much anyway. Endo is way more important.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Any mod dropped in the Index counts as a rare and is the suggested place to farm that mission. If not, doing Fortuna bounties might help. If you get the mission to capture a Coil Drive, the vehicle will always drop a rare mod when the mission completes. Trouble is getting that mission type to trigger.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Welp, I finally got my Ignis Wraith five forma deep for Ember, and it takes down 135 corrupted heavy gunners in 4-6 seconds with infinite punch through, so, congrats Ember, you're not unusable anymore. It only took +1000% heat damage.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
Rare mods = Index.
Eximus = Elite Sanctuary Onslaught

Those are the best places for me.

This going to help me so much. I normally just do defense missions while leveling things up and hope for the team to stay long enough for Eximus to start spawning more regularly.

Still need to unlock Index tho, I just havent been feeling that quest

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
I literally socketed three sculptures the day before the reset. FML
Always keep empty ayatans, you never know when you'll need them.

This going to help me so much. I normally just do defense missions while leveling things up and hope for the team to stay long enough for Eximus to start spawning more regularly.

I used to do that challenge on the eximus stronghold sorties but even then it wasn't that good. ESO on the other hand has a steady stream of eximus enemies.

Even if that quest is not that good, you should finish it. The index is the best place for farming credits, and it's an easy way to complete that nightwave challenge.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

That quest isn't the best tbh (i liked the story and how it played out to the point that its unfortunate i'm not on the best terms with Perrin Sequence LOL) but that's how you get access to the Index.

Also its basically a crash course on how The Index works.

Last edited:

Saften

Oct 26, 2017
Running syndicate missions with Limbo makes it very easy to find ayatans. I've gotten almost all of mine from there.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

That quest isn't the best tbh (i liked the story and how it played out to the point that its unfortunate i'm not on the best terms with Perrin Sequence LOL) but that's how you get access to the Index.

Also its basically a crash course on how The Index works.

What quest do you guys mean? If it's the Glast Gambit, I've been playing Index without even starting it (I'm only now at the point where I'm required to play an Index match).

Edit: The wiki doesn't mention it ever being locked behind Glast Gambit, but a comment on a random reddit thread makes me think that was the case. Either way, you can now access it as soon as you unlock the node in the star chart, so knock yourself out. :)

(if you're in the middle of the quest, you can re-enable the regular Index match by simply selecting any other quest).

Last edited:

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
What quest do you guys mean? If it's the Glast Gambit, I've been playing Index without even starting it (I'm only now at the point where I'm required to play an Index match).

Edit: The wiki doesn't mention it ever being locked behind Glast Gambit, but a comment on a random reddit thread makes me think that was the case. Either way, you can now access it as soon as you unlock the node in the star chart, so knock yourself out. :)

(if you're in the middle of the quest, you can re-enable the regular Index match by simply selecting any other quest).

Huh really? I guess its not unlocked for me, strange. I would love to grind it out and make some credits, because I am broke as a joke

Oct 25, 2017

Hmm i thought it was due to a change they made recently but upon searching i saw that there was an Index preview that came out some time before Glast Gambit that i totally forgot about. 🤦‍♂️

So apologies for the misinformation (i'm getting old).

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Huh really? I guess its not unlocked for me, strange. I would love to grind it out and make some credits, because I am broke as a joke

That's super weird. I'm assuming you have completed Nereid, the node right before it? I'm googling but not finding anything except another person who seems to be locked out as well, but with no apparent reason or fix. I'm wondering if having someone taxi you there would unlock it permanently? My Warframe id is the same as here without the space, add me if you want to see if I can help with that.

So apologies for the misinformation (i'm getting old).

Absolutely no need to apologize. This is Warframe we're talking about; keeping perfectly complete and updated knowledge regarding each of its innumerable, esoteric, constantly changing, largely undocumented mechanics is simply impossible for any human being (or Tenno). :D

I mean, I was just today reading about crit percentages, and holy shit. There's mods that apply a multiplier to the base crit chance of the weapon (so +100% on a weapon with a base 10% is actually +10% for a total of 20%), there's mods that apply a flat percentage (so +100% on a weapon with base 10% would be 110%), and there's mods that apply a multiplier after both of the former have been applied... and the game calls every single one of these as "+X% Critical Hit Chance". The only way to know which mod is which is literally to wiki it. It's insane.

Last edited:

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I"ve seen maybe three in my entire playtime....

I wonder what the algorithm for handing them is. My SO also got one or two during this month of play. An explanation that makes sense to me is that they're mostly given to people who never bought platinum or only bought platinum through another 75% discount (or even to people who didn't use them in the past: I only used one of the discounts, and she didn't use any). Alternatively, perhaps they stop being given after a certain amount of total platinum or game time is accrued.

Whatever the case, it's obviously in DE's interest that it's never precisely know, since it could be easily gamed.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I just noticed that Baro is now selling desert skate floofs. I guess he's caught onto the fad and wants to cash in.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
The algorithm is theorized to be based on which coupons you've used in the past, with the theory being that if you don't use the 20 or 50 ones, it's more likely to get the 75% off. I still get the 20/50 ones.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Playing the Glast Gambit quest this morning. Got to the part where you have to win by no more than 10 points. Was winning by one point, the game showed victory. Then in the recount screen, it shows Corpus winning by 7 points; lost 160k right there. Closed the game and didn't have the drive to play it for the rest of the morning.

Jumped back this evening, trying to to complete Saturn; I only have Pandora and the mission after that to play. We start chasing the ship, then it lodges itself into an asteroid and its weak points become unreachable. After like 15 minutes of attempting to do something about it (and repeated deaths), we just quit and try again. Exact same thing happens agains. It turns out the mission has been broken for well over a year and makes Saturn uncompletable, with multiple threads on it and zero replies from DE:

It is a testament to how much I like the game that I haven't immediately uninstalled it today, but I can't imagine putting up with these things for much longer.

Ultratech

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what the algorithm for handing them is. My SO also got one or two during this month of play. An explanation that makes sense to me is that they're mostly given to people who never bought platinum or only bought platinum through another 75% discount (or even to people who didn't use them in the past: I only used one of the discounts, and she didn't use any). Alternatively, perhaps they stop being given after a certain amount of total platinum or game time is accrued.

Whatever the case, it's obviously in DE's interest that it's never precisely know, since it could be easily gamed.

Not sure what it is, but somebody did try to test it out with about multiple accounts sometime back.
(One logged in everyday, another was every week, another was every month, yet another was like every few months, etc.)

Has some interesting stuff to parse over at least.
For the most part, it seems you ARE guaranteed a Plat Discount of some sort after some X amount of time.

Personally, I've only ever gotten one 75% Discount after playing a year (and promptly used it). Though I never bought Plat up to that point.
But those seem to be pretty rare and totally up to RNG if you get that or not.

ZeronosVega

Dec 8, 2017
Thomasville, GA
Playing the Glast Gambit quest this morning. Got to the part where you have to win by no more than 10 points. Was winning by one point, the game showed victory. Then in the recount screen, it shows Corpus winning by 7 points; lost 160k right there. Closed the game and didn't have the drive to play it for the rest of the morning.

Jumped back this evening, trying to to complete Saturn; I only have Pandora and the mission after that to play. We start chasing the ship, then it lodges itself into an asteroid and its weak points become unreachable. After like 15 minutes of attempting to do something about it (and repeated deaths), we just quit and try again. Exact same thing happens agains. It turns out the mission has been broken for well over a year and makes Saturn uncompletable, with multiple threads on it and zero replies from DE:

It is a testament to how much I like the game that I haven't immediately uninstalled it today, but I can't imagine putting up with these things for much longer.
While not a solution, if you or someone has the Fluctus, the getting stuck thing stops being an issue. I'm sure there are plenty of us on here which have it (myself included).

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
While not a solution, if you or someone has the Fluctus, the getting stuck thing stops being an issue. I'm sure there are plenty of us on here which have it (myself included).

I don't have it, no. Good to keep in mind as a workaround, but it's mindbogglingly unacceptable that there would be a need to do this, let alone not being fixed for over a year.

Warframe is truly setting a new standard for the buggiest supposedly complete game I've ever played, and Archwing stuff in particular is literally bugged far more often than it's not. I now understand why they address this in the documentary, but the "we can't stop adding content to fix what's there because people will stop playing" unfortunately also means the game will never stop being a buggy mess, which takes a lot of wind out of my sails. It's also making sure I will never really recommend it to any of my friends; most have a lower tolerance for this shit than I do.

Emperor_El

Oct 29, 2017
Wish I had more Orokin Reactors. I want to make my Chroma Prime stronger but I also want to save the 1 I have for Gauss.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Heads up when customizing Gauss, do not equip noble animation on him before you start customizing. That shit was annoying as fuck.

Harrow Reliquary skin looks nice, but accents colors so much that I had to switch from my "Harrow prime" color scheme to something more muted in color.

Particle effects on Acceltra and Akarius are pretty at first, but Akarius is blindingly annoying the more I use it.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Debating rushing Gauss. I will probably wait the 12 hours and do it tomorrow for the full frame. Definitely an easy farm, thankfully. I still don't have some of the ones from Fortuna after being back to the game for months.