• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realise they'll be usable in conclave, but given their rarity, that'll be a painfully slow way to get enough standing for anything other than an occasional weapon skin. If the kuva fortress disruption is worth doing then maybe I can see people collecting a lot of them.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
A lot of really interesting changes here. Haven't had the luck that some of you have had with Gauss though. Can't wait to horde universal medallions for when they enable it in conclave...

They fixed the broken mission on Pandora, Saturn I was talking about here. I had already completed it thanks to someone in the guild, but I gave it a try yesterday after reading in the patch notes that the ship "no longer flies anywhere except where it's supposed to", and indeed I was able to solo it easily. :)

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
They're giving a free color palette of blues/violets/whites for watching 30 minutes of any partnered streamer on twitch or mixer (remember to have your accounts linked or it won't work).

This is the palette in question:
Transmission_ColourPicker.png.491f84e02c3d0ce0e121641a10e0649b.png

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Been playing with Gauss a little today. Haven't maxed/forma'd or messed with any special builds, but preliminary thoughts are this guy isn't going to make a dent in the amount of Volt I play

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
Man, how can I be so bad at ANYTHING remotely artistic. I'm trying to make a shawzin rendition of the Rains of Castamere and I just can't.

I'll keep trying. I'll write it down on paper if I have to.

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Man, how can I be so bad at ANYTHING remotely artistic. I'm trying to make a shawzin rendition of the Rains of Castamere and I just can't.

I'll keep trying. I'll write it down on paper if I have to.

Seems it is possible to convert MIDI data into the appropriate instructions. Haven't tried it myself, but the steps are documented:

I'm sure this process will get streamlined at some point

Blank

Oct 27, 2017
Disruption is pretty fun. Didn't take much to get all the new weapon BP's and frame. Shame the awards are pretty meh after that though. It's pretty incredible for mass void-relic opening though, wish they dropped axis.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
New episode today, appreciate the "You saw this coming" comment from Nora.

Keep an eye out for those Disruption Arbitrations. Normally I wouldn't suggest doing Arbitrations but you get a reward at each set of nodes completed and you're rolling C rewards (I'm pretty sure) after wave 2 as long as you defend all four nodes.

Last edited:

sophora

Oct 29, 2017
Been putting Gauss through the paces this past weekend. Pretty good cc from mach rush. Mobs take a bit to react to your new position too so I end up popping a few before mach rushing again. Fun kit, but not sure if he'll replace my Baruuk.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still not really sure what the point of Gauss is. Does he currently do anything better than any other frame? A lot of his kit seems like a remix of Volt's abilities that aren't as strong, don't have as much range, etc

Blank

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still not really sure what the point of Gauss is. Does he currently do anything better than any other frame? A lot of his kit seems like a remix of Volt's abilities that aren't as strong, don't have as much range, etc

Feels like you can say this about most things Warframe. There's not much of an end game so other than 'having fun' not sure what you're looking for.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Well... you kinda hit the ceiling with so many frames and what the game actually is about. I think he's fun to use.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Feels like you can say this about most things Warframe. There's not much of an end game so other than 'having fun' not sure what you're looking for.
I'm not really looking for or expecting power creep. You can't really power creep in a game where there the current power level is already so far above anything killable. I guess I just want something more unique feeling out of a new warframe and I got kind of a low rent version of an existing warframe

edit: I realize I said "better" when I should have said "different" nothing about Gauss feels that unique or special aside from the run really fast button, which is more unwieldy than fun to use anywhere other than the open world zones

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Gauss is a hell of a lot more fun than Volt ever was. Making use of his 4 with any battery weapon or the gunblades leads to some disgusting levels of DPS, and there's no better "oh shit" fixer than Gauss. Can't tell you the number of times I've been able to save a point because I just barreled through with his 1. His 2 is solid defense as reflecting 100% of incoming damage usually is, balanced decently by the fact that it's not all damage (just the ones most commonly seen), and his 3 is an interesting CC machine.

Is he a god? No. Is he Baruuk? Thankfully no, he's actually useful. Is he fun? Hell yeah.

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Some RNG is okay but having spent 20 hours farming this week for Valkyr Prime (including relic runs) and having zero progress on any single part is not okay. What I feared actually happened: accidentally completed 2 full frames (Saryn Prime and Limbo Prime) before my own goal. Literally haven't done anything else besides relic runs -> opening said relics. This kinda sucks.

Last edited:

Blank

Oct 27, 2017
Some RNG is okay but having spent 20 hours farming this week for Valkyr Prime (including relic runs) and having zero progress on any single part is not okay. What I feared actually happened: accidentally completed 2 full frames (Saryn Prime and Limbo Prime) before my own goal. Literally haven't done anything else besides relic runs -> opening said relics. This kinds sucks.

Are you doing radshares for the parts? 20 hours seems excessive for things not called Harrow.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if I like it more than the deluxe skin or not. Will probably stick the graxx helm on it regardless.

Disappointed that the rock effects look the same.

Cant wait to see the tekko prime's stats. I still use it as my main melee weapon because of seismic palm finishers and my dual crit riven.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
I dunno, I like them having some real substance rather than rocks hastily assembled together.

That said I wish there was a "Rumbler toggle" so we could pick which version we want, because I adore his deluxe crystals.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
did they make volt's 2 slower? i know they changed the animation but now he just feels sluggish

Oct 25, 2017
People really aren't down with the mod drop booster. I guess I can see their point since they nerfed farming frames.

I dunno, I like them having some real substance rather than rocks hastily assembled together.

That said I wish there was a "Rumbler toggle" so we could pick which version we want, because I adore his deluxe crystals.

They just remind me too much of those shitty Rock Lord toys. Maybe I'd like them more if they were a bit bigger and more intimidating. It's fun seeing them beat up on some poor schmuck though.

OFwWEsJ.gif

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
I never did much with her back in the day, so I'm not as familiar with her glory days. I was busy maining Trinity back then.
People tended to set the World on Fire and rush through low level stages killing everything automatically because the radius never shrank. It was actually kind of annoying because if you were teamed up with anyone who did that there was almost nothing for you to actually do.

Blank

Oct 27, 2017
People tended to set the World on Fire and rush through low level stages killing everything automatically because the radius never shrank. It was actually kind of annoying because if you were teamed up with anyone who did that there was almost nothing for you to actually do.

Never really felt much different than any of the other AoE frames that they ended up releasing/reworking.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Plus it was actually somewhat useful in higher missions with its augment that forced a knockdown. Which doesn't matter as much now that the ring keeps shrinking in.

They also made it a stupid duration + energy drain ramping up ability, which no one likes.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they find a better balance for Ember with this new rework because unless something changed she's currently no longer a viable option in high level missions (correct me if im wrong here since its been a while)

Plus it was actually somewhat useful in higher missions with its augment that forced a knockdown. Which doesn't matter as much now that the ring keeps shrinking in.

They also made it a stupid duration + energy drain ramping up ability, which no one likes.

Yea those days when WOF could still be used for Crowd Control with the augment rather than damage (because at that point with the level of armor and/or damage resistance on the enemies it just tickled them) still made her viable (shes no Nova but still) in high level activities.

It sucked she lost that because the dregs at the lower to mid levels just could not handle it *Pours 40*

Last edited:

Emperor_El

Oct 29, 2017
I know now is the best time to try to farm Khora but god damn that shit is boring, demoralizing and frustrating.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
Got really lucky with Atlas drops last night. Only need chassis now to complete him. Thinking next time I get on I will farm IO on Jupiter, because I read that rotation A has a high chance of dropping Meso. Any other suggestions on where it may be faster to farm Meso E3?

Blank

Oct 27, 2017
Got really lucky with Atlas drops last night. Only need chassis now to complete him. Thinking next time I get on I will farm IO on Jupiter, because I read that rotation A has a high chance of dropping Meso. Any other suggestions on where it may be faster to farm Meso E3?

If Wiki is correct, Mars Disruption is 14% on rotation B but you can go "B" "B" for the first 2 rounds if you don't lose any nodes so it's a faster/better rate than IO.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

you can run ukko in under a minute and have a chance at meso / neo relics.