• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kaim Argonar

Dec 8, 2017
I guess the most time efficient way for Atlas relics is the usual Hepit (Lith), Ukko (Meso, Neo), Marduk (Axi)? It's like 1 minute, 1 minute, 4 minutes.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Our currently understood "best farming spots" for relics are as follows:

Lith: Hepit, Void.
Meso: Ukko, Void.
Neo: Ukko, Void; Uranus, Ur (disruption).
Axi: Disruption on Uranus or Lua.

In a well prepared squad Disruption's times are lightyears ahead of Interception/Excavation/Defense, the rewards are generally better, and you start always rolling the C table after just three waves. It's crazy how rewarding Disruption is.

Worth noting-
If the Relic you want is on a Bounty reward pool for T3-T5, run it. Well, under the following guidance:
- Lith in T2 | 20.00% -> 15.18%
- Meso in T3 | 21.62% -> 16.00%
- Neo in T4 | 26.03% -> 19%
- Axi in T5 | 50.00% -> 25.00%

Axi is the best one. You farm the Rotation A and reset for maximum efficiency.
You could do Excavation for some of these relics if you're willing to squad up and farm Cryo, but Relics are not guaranteed so RNG is working against you.

Also, if a relic is in the Profit Taker reward table, they will be radded which make them worth running if there's a rare.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Vauban rework seems interesting (did they change anything with how surprisingly squishy he is? I only looked at the summary info)

Ember reworks has me excited. Better scaling abilities and a 4 that will hopefully not bore/annoy the rest of the team. Hope it gives me an excuse to use one of my favorite designed frames more often.

Exilus slots on weapons seems like overkill, though I wouldn't mind putting a silencer mod on my staticor.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
did they change anything with how surprisingly squishy he is? I only looked at the summary info

They didn't mention any stat changes, but he will gain armor from using his 4 based on the enemies in the Bastille.

The only worrying thing about Ember is that overheat gauge. There had better be a period of time where you can expel heat when it caps before it immediately dumps your entire energy pool. I really don't think that's a good design for Warframe.

Exilus slots are gonna be ammo conversion 90% of the time I think, or reload mods.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
Ember reworks has me excited. Better scaling abilities and a 4 that will hopefully not bore/annoy the rest of the team. Hope it gives me an excuse to use one of my favorite designed frames more often.

I think I am most excited for this. Ember was one of my first frames that showed me how much of a powerhouse a frame could be, but that was all low level stuff. She is my go to character when I feel like I want to play a mage, and this rework will make her even more mage-like

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
i hope that the weapon exilus items aren't as costly as the warframe ones

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
They didn't mention any stat changes, but he will gain armor from using his 4 based on the enemies in the Bastille.

The only worrying thing about Ember is that overheat gauge. There had better be a period of time where you can expel heat when it caps before it immediately dumps your entire energy pool. I really don't think that's a good design for Warframe.

Exilus slots are gonna be ammo conversion 90% of the time I think, or reload mods.

What gets me is that all the warframes and reworks that involve adding gauges or counters to a warframe always seem to have a positive benefit for having it full. This is just pointless micromanagement even with the significant damage buffs shes getting. Like every time DE touches Ember in a rework, theres always a catch and that catch ends up so bad that you don't even want to touch the frame.

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I'm excited for the new upcoming changes. I'm also proud I somewhat predicted the timing right and sold my (self-farmed) Meme Strike for 400 plat (in console world this is a lot) 2 months ago :D

By the way, has anyone tried Assimilate (augment) Nyx? There's some interesting bits I've discovered while tweaking:

1. With Fleeting Expertise and Streamline, the drain is at 1, even when my duration is at 40%. Putting more into duration does not make Assimilate more efficient.
2. Adaptation works with Absorb.
3. Equilibrium works for getting energy back with Health Orbs (combined with Synth Fiber on your pet, you can always pick up Health Orbs). Also has good synergy well with Health Conversion.
4. So far Prisma Obex + 1 attack seems to be the best melee I've tried so far for movement (not counting operator). I've tried movement combos like Bleeding Willow and while it's good at traveling longer distances, in combat you usually only need a quick repositioning, otherwise I might as well just release Absorb. You cannot copter because you cannot crouch or slide.
5. Nyx can debuff 100% defenses with just 1 Intensify. Currently enjoying Ogris'ing grineer down with Gas. Note that using Psychic Bolts does require restoring some of that Duration back otherwise it's too short (I'm using Narrow Minded).
6. The only movement change that worked in my testing is Dispatch Overdrive. With the rework, it might be easier to trigger it rather trying to kill someone with Channel Melee (status slash does not work so that makes it even more awkward). Sprint upgrades do not work because Nyx with Assimilate is walking and not sprinting, thus those never get activated.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I'm excited for the new upcoming changes. I'm also proud I somewhat predicted the timing right and sold my (self-farmed) Meme Strike for 400 plat (in console world this is a lot) 2 months ago :D

I was gifted Maiming Strike when I was starting Warframe alongside a lot of other stuff (the Atterax itself, for example) by an extremely generous player. At the time I didn't even know how valuable the mod itself was. If they nerf it I'll be very glad, because the spin2win build is not very fun but also there's nothing that can compete with it in terms of melee. Do we know it's getting nerfed, though? The dev stream seemed to imply it would be untouched (which is incomprehensible to me), and they would just try to get the rest of melee up to its level (which is silly considering its level is "instantly murder everthing around me").

More generally, I think the biggest problem with Warframe (and they do address this in the dev stream) is that power creep is so huge that everything dies in one shot, which means the only way to make challenging content is to make enemies locust-swarm-level numerous (which is rarely any more challenging or engaging) and / or make them one-shot the player, too. I don't think the game benefits at all from being a glass cannon battle, and it makes most non-AOE abilities useless except for bosses.

That said, I have "only" played around 200 hours, so I'm a newbie compared to most people here. But that in itself is kind of a problem too; in 200 hours I have rarely found any content that isn't either mind-numbingly easy mowfests, or obviously equipment-gated where even with all defensive mods I (or the objective) gets one shot. I should not have to play for over 200 hours to access some content that poses a reasonable challenge that falls between braindead and impossible.

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Do we know it's getting nerfed, though? The dev stream seemed to imply it would be untouched (which is incomprehensible to me), and they would just try to get the rest of melee up to its level (which is silly considering its level is "instantly murder everthing around me").

The full post on the forums has more details.

Meme Strike will no longer give a base crit after the rework, instead it's an amplifier like all other crit mods.

Maiming Strike - Changes from an additive buff to a stacking buff, but base functionality increased to a Significant % of the old version to balance the change. Final % to come soon.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Worth noting-
If the Relic you want is on a Bounty reward pool for T3-T5, run it. Well, under the following guidance:
- Lith in T2 | 20.00% -> 15.18%
- Meso in T3 | 21.62% -> 16.00%
- Neo in T4 | 26.03% -> 19%
- Axi in T5 | 50.00% -> 25.00%
600 hours in but what does this bolded bit mean again? :D

EDIT: D'oh never mind. I had a brainfart.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What do I do with this?

sYPvWkL.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, a catchmoon nerf. Let's go see if the community is taking that calmly.

The usage numbers were crazy. I must have not being paying attention because I didn't think I saw that many around. Also suprised to see tombfinger slightly more popular than rattleguts. Sure, it hits harder but rattleguts can fire much faster and is hitscan.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
My only concern with catchmoon nerf is if everyone starts migrating towards staticor as their aoe seconday.

Halloween event is up. It's a simple survival mode, but I ended up failing the second one since nothing was spawning and the countdown goes down so fast.

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
My only concern with catchmoon nerf is if everyone starts migrating towards staticor as their aoe seconday.

Halloween event is up. It's a simple survival mode, but I ended up failing the second one since nothing was spawning and the countdown goes down so fast.
Were you on the red marked zones? Because those change every few minutes and the enemies only spawn in those places.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Were you on the red marked zones? Because those change every few minutes and the enemies only spawn in those places.
I was. It's always the cross shaped tileset 3 exits on one end, and a long corridor and another exit on the other. It gets so bad that I either have go outside the zone or void dash frantically to find someone to refill the latern. I failed the endurance run at 14minutes because of it.

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
That's weird, I didn't have any problems with the spawns, but it bugged once preventing me from moving when I was at 883 points and I had to do it again.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised a major WF update came out today instead of very very late Friday evening.

Interesting that projectile weapon speed is an exilus weapon mod but not beam extension mods.

Thoughts on the melee changes so far:
I already miss a lot of the mid air attacks, specifically tonfa's jumping tonfa twirl, and fist weapons' superman punch.

Sparring weapons: I'm pretty disappointed with. I just wanted the old quick melee back without the kick and they added a bunch of new moves to it.

Fists: I dislike how the slide attack launches the enemy. Even if I wanted to use it as a launcher, I'd probably miss and slide right past them. Seismic palm's combo into finisher is gone now and I have no idea which stance I prefer because they're too similar now. My Tekko Prime used to easily kill lvl 165 corrupted heavy gunners in a few seconds, and now it takes significantly longer even with heavy attacks (which is really terrible)

Tonfa: Sovereign outcast is probably the best stance I've used post-update. So fast and so much wide spinning attacks and it still has it's multiple slash procs

Polearm: Can do quick melee or long reaching attack and thats all it needs.

Last edited:

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
This Kuva Lich stuff seems too grindy for me. I spent a few hours focusing on it while leveling my Ember and only got 1/3 requiems unveiled and this is me skipping the relic missions by buying the stupid kuva lich pack. Once I get this Kuva Brakk I'll probably ignore it.

On another note I'm loving the Ember rework, but I wish there was better indicators for her immolation.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This Kuva Lich stuff seems too grindy for me. I spent a few hours focusing on it while leveling my Ember and only got 1/3 requiems unveiled and this is me skipping the relic missions by buying the stupid kuva lich pack. Once I get this Kuva Brakk I'll probably ignore it.

On another note I'm loving the Ember rework, but I wish there was better indicators for her immolation.
Yeah from everything I've ready it does seem far too slow in terms of progress. I get that they want the rewards to be somewhat exclusive and 'hard-to-get' but I feel like you have to jump through way too many hoops for that stuff. I'll see if luck is on my side but otherwise I'll just get back to the usual PoE grind myself.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
It took me a little while to realize that Ember's 4 isn't a targeted projectile drop, it's an area targeted attack. So range is pretty important for her, as is efficiency now so you can keep dumping your Immolation. Speaking of which, it's amazing to press 3 and just watch armor disappear.

Meanwhile vauban is sitting in the corner wondering what happened to his scaling orbital laser. At least his 4 is very solid now, but I'm not sure how often I'd use him for that.

The Liches are interesting, I got a Kuva Kohm user on my first go so there's that. The lichlings spawn pretty regularly during a survival mission.

but oh jesus they need to bump up the gain on that meter

Last edited:

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
The Liches are interesting, I got a Kuva Kohm user on my first go so there's that. The lichlings spawn pretty regularly during a survival mission.
The lichlings have spawned 100% of the time on the lua crossfire mission for me.

So far kinda meh on Grendel. He can lose a lot of energy fast when he's devoured a lot of enemies for a long time, but he is basically built for hunter adrenaline. Or you can also just constantly cycle between feasting and regurgitating and spreading toxin everywhere. Nice way to clear a defense target if you can't immediately kill everyone. I wish there was a better way to choose what buff his nourish uses. His 4 is terrible. Hard/too slow to control, and if it hits someone, they usually survive anyways.

As for his weapon, I hate it because it uses rending crane polarity.

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
I killed my first lich, got a quartack.
he was an oberon style one, his ability to cast the oberon's garden skill that inflicts FUCKING RADIATION to everyone sure messed with the pubs lol, turned the game into some team killing battle royale thing.
funny.
The grind for both requiem mods and clues about the requiem combo is hard.
The fact thralls and lichs do not spawn in other missions types (fissures for instance) is frustrating.

Grendel is really bad, do not waste plat on that.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Spent all day working on the Lich.

The grind to find out what Requiem you need, and then getting those Requiems, is way beyond the line for me. Especially the "murmurs" part where you're filling the bar. That took up almost all the time. The resource theft was mostly just annoying, but I knew of a few people who actively got screwed by the liches stealing the Requiem Relics so they couldn't even get the mods to fight the Lich. I straight up will abandon a mission if those Guardians ever make a transmission; I'm not in the mood to do another Lich, like, ever.

Aside from that I've enjoyed other aspects of the update. I have yet to tackle Grendel missions because I just don't want to. But the new Parazon mods are really wild to play with just for hacking. I got the one that gives me invisibility for 14 seconds after hacking and it's hilarious. Titania's Deluxe skin is a godsend and a huge competitor for top skin on her next to the Mithra set. The armor pieces and gunblade skin are also great. All the melees I've tried have felt fantastic, and maybe the weirdest part of all this, the Gunsen are suddenly great??

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Finally killing my lich after getting the right requiem was rough to solo. He's such a gigantic damage sponge at this point, and theres a constant stream of level 100+ enemies shooting at me. Two things I learned is that the lich can grapple you out of Atlas' landslide invulnerability, and he also grapples Atlas' rumblers. So I just wait til a rumbler gets in close to him and then spam landslide.

Also I made the mistake of killing another Kuva larvaling, so now I got another lich on my ass again, that looks almost identical to the one i last killed, using a weapon I dont really care for (Seer), and is weak to elements I barely use. Can I please just surrender and get rid of him for good?

This Kuva Brakk is pretty insane. I'm at 91% status chance with just one element/status chance mod + multishot mods, and I can break 100% crit chance with the prime mods and my crit riven. It has a little over double the magazine size and some slight innate punch-through.

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
Spent all day working on the Lich.

The grind to find out what Requiem you need, and then getting those Requiems, is way beyond the line for me. Especially the "murmurs" part where you're filling the bar. That took up almost all the time. The resource theft was mostly just annoying, but I knew of a few people who actively got screwed by the liches stealing the Requiem Relics so they couldn't even get the mods to fight the Lich. I straight up will abandon a mission if those Guardians ever make a transmission; I'm not in the mood to do another Lich, like, ever.

Aside from that I've enjoyed other aspects of the update. I have yet to tackle Grendel missions because I just don't want to. But the new Parazon mods are really wild to play with just for hacking. I got the one that gives me invisibility for 14 seconds after hacking and it's hilarious. Titania's Deluxe skin is a godsend and a huge competitor for top skin on her next to the Mithra set. The armor pieces and gunblade skin are also great. All the melees I've tried have felt fantastic, and maybe the weirdest part of all this, the Gunsen are suddenly great??
It's like 5 layers of RNG. And let's not even factor in that now we need void traces to improve the requiem relics too. Honestly I agree with this, it's not engaging or fun to repeat all of this every single time a Lich appears.

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
All the melees I've tried have felt fantastic, and maybe the weirdest part of all this, the Gunsen are suddenly great??
The last riven I found is a Gunsen! I actually had to wiki on what it was when I got the riven. It's good?

As for melee, I'm having a lot of trouble finding information on sparring weapons. Nothing on YouTube (content creators so busy complaining that no one is bothering making videos of what people really want to know). I'm on console, so PC updates are were I look to get hyped for the next thing.

Has anyone tried sparring weapons extensively? They used to be my main before melee 2.9. But melee 2.9 wasn't that great for sparring weapons. Now I'm wondering what the current state is:

1. Can you still breakdance and if yes, is it actually controllable now? I think Brutal Tide looks cool in 2.9, but it was basically unplayable.
2. I'm actually using the first attack of Brutal Tide with my assimilate Nyx build to move around. Is that still possible in 3.0 (without swapping weapons)?
3. Is the range any longer now?
4. Grim Fury or Brutal Tide for 3.0?

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
He's such a gigantic damage sponge at this point, and theres a constant stream of level 100+ enemies shooting at me.

Chroma~

The last riven I found is a Gunsen! I actually had to wiki on what it was when I got the riven. It's good?

It's fucking insanity how good it is. They were an absolute joke before. Like slap this thing together and go to town. And all they did were
Damage increased from 50 to 160

Range increased from 0.5 to 1.7

and then also made the stance not suck utter shit. Look at it go!: https://streamable.com/w80dl

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
It's fucking insanity how good it is. They were an absolute joke before. Like slap this thing together and go to town. And all they did were
Damage increased from 50 to 160

Range increased from 0.5 to 1.7

and then also made the stance not suck utter shit. Look at it go!: https://streamable.com/w80dl
Damn, that looks real nice! The normalized range makes it look very usable. As a Valkyr main, I can't wait, because I don't think an angry kitten should be swinging a long staff but am kind of forced to in 2.9 because they are the only efficient melees (aka, usable range).

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
The Nikana Prime is a beast now and it's really fun to use. Will probably be using that from now on.

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
ho the lich's kuva weapons can be levelled past 30, with formas, like the paracesis ( i guess up to 40 too ).
some more grind lol.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone used heavy attacks much in missions? Nearly all enemies seem to die quick enough to normal melee and charge time and accuracy of some of these heavy attacks don't seem worth it. I tried a heavy attack damage+wind up build on furax wraith but it ended up being pointless outside of simulacrum.

ho the lich's kuva weapons can be levelled past 30, with formas, like the paracesis ( i guess up to 40 too ).
some more grind lol.
I forgot these weapons don't count as mastered until you level them to 40. I already have have 10 mod capacity at 3 forma Kuva Brakk and I'm close to running into single digits in forma.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm at a point where I only play occasionally these days. My account has reached that stage where I either have to commit to the grind or just muck around in the middle ground.

I had some great fun playing with Ember, Wisp and some new weapons this weekend but lately the new systems all seem to be designed around the gaas maxim of "Make this your core game". The lich stuff seems interesting but incredibly involved and time consuming. Nightwave is a good battlepass but a poor replacement for alerts (Although I did grab 150 Nora creds this weekend and bought enough Nitain extract to last me forever :) )

It's a difficult balancing act. Having to cater for the players who mainline Warframe vs the more casual time contrained players. I still love the game though and I have to say 4k on PC with ludicrous particles is quite an experience and can severely break the lighting engine at time which is amazing to see happen.

I think if I could decide on a goal I'd be more inclined to play more but nothing seems to appeal. I was going to go for unlocking arbitrations this weekend. I cleared the entire starmap apart from that stupid faux conclave stuff that nobody plays and the Alad V/Gollem stuff that I haven't looked up how to unlock. To be honest the arena maps were a total turn off. Couldn't face building a frame to cheese through them :(

Love the Ember rework and I love how insane Gauss is. I bought Grendel with plat and I'm hoping to level him something this week.

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
Oh gawd, that sounds amazing too for the Daikyu mod synergy :O~
I feel like such a pleb in this thread hyping myself up cause I don't play the PC version.
Didn't try that yet but right now it's my favorite melee after the update. Take a look:

Just be aware that after the update you'll need to adjust almost every melee build you have since a lot changed with this update.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really have a "need" to forma them all the way personally, so I'm not gonna bother. Kuva Kohm is just disgusting as is after two forma.

The cynic in me thought they put its SC at 30% so they could finally nerf the kohm riven, but now it looks like the two kohm types have different dispositions, so no nerfing needed. This feels like something they should have done a long time ago with all the weapon variants.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Torn about that, really. Most people are likely to use the variants because 90% of the time they're better than the normal versions. It's going to get in a weird place of theorycrafting if the dispositions become wildly different.

Oct 25, 2017
Kuva weapons feel like they need more of an explanation. If I'm understanding what people are saying correctly, the bonus physical/elemental damage isn't actually a bonus but instead converts some of the base damage into that type. I really dislike the habit of DE's to just let the community work this stuff out.

The current methods for aquiring pexilus adaptor bps is daft. Either from requiem relics or from syndicates, but the other stuff we can get from both those sources can be sold for as much or more plat than it would cost to simply buy the adapter. I guess this helps DE shift more plat.

Torn about that, really. Most people are likely to use the variants because 90% of the time they're better than the normal versions. It's going to get in a weird place of theorycrafting if the dispositions become wildly different.

I'm all for more options. I kinda wish more variants weren't just straight upgrades, but different dispositions could help in making other variants more viable. I would find it funny if the mk-1 weapons become worthwhile outside of early game.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I think I've given up on ever progressing. I'm stuck on Uranus. I've modded out weapons to do more damage, increased the number of points I have on them and on the frames, and on some levels I'm okay. There is just stuff in this section I can not do. I can not find any open groups when I decide to play to help get me through sections either. I've recently decided to just build a dojo by myself to give myself something to do and goals to look forward to when I do decide to play. There is a spy mission in this section that I've failed so many times that I got so heated I need to go for a walk just to calm down. The game pissed me off that much that I was wasting that much time. That's just one aspect. There are other missions coming up beyond that I know I'm going to have trouble with given how all the others have gone.

I'm not making any progress in the storyline and I haven't in the last two years. I really want to experience it for myself which makes this so frustrating. I want to get access to the room in the back of the ship. There are elements of this game I'm straight up not experiencing at this point as it keeps expanding and expanding. I'm at this point where I wish the game was more pay to win. I could certainly spend the money at this point to just get what I need to move beyond this point. If there was a specific warframe and weapon that would make getting through this area much easier I'd spend the money. I'm beyond frustrated at this point.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
I think I've given up on ever progressing. I'm stuck on Uranus. I've modded out weapons to do more damage, increased the number of points I have on them and on the frames, and on some levels I'm okay. There is just stuff in this section I can not do. I can not find any open groups when I decide to play to help get me through sections either. I've recently decided to just build a dojo by myself to give myself something to do and goals to look forward to when I do decide to play. There is a spy mission in this section that I've failed so many times that I got so heated I need to go for a walk just to calm down. The game pissed me off that much that I was wasting that much time. That's just one aspect. There are other missions coming up beyond that I know I'm going to have trouble with given how all the others have gone.

I'm not making any progress in the storyline and I haven't in the last two years. I really want to experience it for myself which makes this so frustrating. I want to get access to the room in the back of the ship. There are elements of this game I'm straight up not experiencing at this point as it keeps expanding and expanding. I'm at this point where I wish the game was more pay to win. I could certainly spend the money at this point to just get what I need to move beyond this point. If there was a specific warframe and weapon that would make getting through this area much easier I'd spend the money. I'm beyond frustrated at this point.
If you're at Uranus you can trigger the next part of the storyline. Scan one of these things if you see it during a mission there and it will start a quest.
latest

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
So the first kuva lich I vanquished randomly showed up in a mission I was doing as an ally. That shouldn't happen unless I chose to convert him shouldn't it?

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
If you're at Uranus you can trigger the next part of the storyline. Scan one of these things if you see it during a mission there and it will start a quest.
latest
The Natah quest? I've done that. In order to further I need that and the Uranus to Neptune Junction. That's the road block because I can't get to that.