• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
The Natah quest? I've done that. In order to further I need that and the Uranus to Neptune Junction. That's the road block because I can't get to that.
Since you've been trying for over 2 years, I guess you're not on Switch so I can help out, right?
Anyway, as for tips I can think of:
1. If you have difficulty with submerged quests (underwater archwing).... well, I think everyone does cause they suck. I had to plow through them without satisfaction. No shame in being annoyed at them.
2. Tanky frames are really strong at plowing through the star chart. While I did a lot with my baby Mag, I eventually mained most of it with Valkyr (highest armor in the game) or Gara (90% damage reduction skill with just 1 maxed Intensify).
3. I shotgun Hek'd everything. It wasn't until much later that I really starting experimenting with guns and haven't used Hek in a long time, but even then it is still listed as my most used weapon because it has been the highest bang for your buck at such low MR.
4. I cheated through most of the spy missions with Ciphers (instant hack). For this, it also was much later when I started to grind them for mods and learned to do them properly, but before that I was just trying to skip as much as possible.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
I just read The Old Blood notes, my head hurts way too many systems...

tldr

Sometimes in high level grineer missions a transmission will play and one random enemy will get a blue aura. When it dies, it turns into a Lich. The type of damage your Lich's weapon will do is related to the Warframe you use to kill it (for example, Volt would give you Electricity).

Liches need a special code to "vaniquish" forever. You find the codes by doing the new Void missions on the Kuva Fortress with their special relics. Relics can be gotten from Kuva Siphon/Flood missions. You can learn the code by doing missions in territory controlled by Liches, which will have special enemies in it to kill. Wait for the Lich to invade, then fight it to the death. If you have the code right, you win. If not, you instantly die.

tldr

Sometimes in high level grineer missions a transmission will play and one random enemy will get a blue aura. When it dies, it turns into a Lich. The type of damage your Lich's weapon will do is related to the Warframe you use to kill it (for example, Volt would give you Electricity).

Liches need a special code to "vaniquish" forever. You find the codes by doing the new Void missions on the Kuva Fortress with their special relics. Relics can be gotten from Kuva Siphon/Flood missions. You can learn the code by doing missions in territory controlled by Liches, which will have special enemies in it to kill. Wait for the Lich to invade, then fight it to the death. If you have the code right, you win. If not, you instantly die.
Ouch my head!

Lol thanks.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I think I've given up on ever progressing. I'm stuck on Uranus. I've modded out weapons to do more damage, increased the number of points I have on them and on the frames, and on some levels I'm okay. There is just stuff in this section I can not do. I can not find any open groups when I decide to play to help get me through sections either. I've recently decided to just build a dojo by myself to give myself something to do and goals to look forward to when I do decide to play. There is a spy mission in this section that I've failed so many times that I got so heated I need to go for a walk just to calm down. The game pissed me off that much that I was wasting that much time. That's just one aspect. There are other missions coming up beyond that I know I'm going to have trouble with given how all the others have gone.

I'm not making any progress in the storyline and I haven't in the last two years. I really want to experience it for myself which makes this so frustrating. I want to get access to the room in the back of the ship. There are elements of this game I'm straight up not experiencing at this point as it keeps expanding and expanding. I'm at this point where I wish the game was more pay to win. I could certainly spend the money at this point to just get what I need to move beyond this point. If there was a specific warframe and weapon that would make getting through this area much easier I'd spend the money. I'm beyond frustrated at this point.

If you're on PC, I'll help you with anything you need. The story stuff (what little there is of it) is really great and worth it. Let me know exactly what you need help with, and I'll help you with it. Add us and send us a private anytime we're online, or tell me in advance when you'll be on, I'm
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I keep getting low rolls on these weapons. 25% element ranges, not even 30s, come on!!!

Edit: 25% again.... what kind of bad luck is this? 5th weapon, and I think the lowest is 25%.

I keep going back and forth on wondering if I should just forget about the current weapons and ignore until this is a bit faster to do. Solo is very slow, in groups it's faster, though I think they made it so mumers aren't gotten when someone down and go through the stages of killing their Lich. Maybe it's not so different or worth doing groups anymore.
V8wwL4A.png

I'm not too excited about the weapons I have (Drakgoon x2, Ayanga archgun x2, Shildeg). I went through a lot unlocking the on foot arch gun ability, but using the weapon with all the mods on it just seem weak (there's so few arch guns mods it seem, but I have a full build though it's not as awesome as normal weapon mods). Maybe the benefit is the aoe blast it does, I'm better off killing with a normal weapon.

Last edited:

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm going to try for more, and hope to get something interesting. While I have all of the mods it's at least faster to do them. Before I did it in groups I used to avoid the Lich until I had all 3 mummer answers, I missed out on a lot of Lich murmer sharing. I guess it's a good thing I didn't get used to that speed.

Last edited:

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks!

It's crazy how it goes sometimes. Constant road blocks for a long time. Voice it and suddenly luck changes. I just want to scream. Had a lot of lucky today. Missions where I could never get any groups suddenly had groups. I think it's largely because I had the day off and wasn't playing the normal times I usually play. I'm happy to be behind this but so frustrated it took this long though. Ugh.

I managed to finish The Second Dream. I managed to stay away from spoilers this entire time so how this played out was very interesting. Worth the long time not getting to it? Maybe not but as I was watching everything I was happy to finally get to this point.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Thanks!

It's crazy how it goes sometimes. Constant road blocks for a long time. Voice it and suddenly luck changes. I just want to scream. Had a lot of lucky today. Missions where I could never get any groups suddenly had groups. I think it's largely because I had the day off and wasn't playing the normal times I usually play. I'm happy to be behind this but so frustrated it took this long though. Ugh.

Nice! Add me (if you want) anyway, and let me know if you ever need help with anything else.

I managed to finish The Second Dream. I managed to stay away from spoilers this entire time so how this played out was very interesting. Worth the long time not getting to it? Maybe not but as I was watching everything I was happy to finally get to this point.

Yeah, the twist is pretty great, it's a shame I had already learned about it by then. The next quest in the main chain (The War Within) is my favorite in the entire game, let us know when you complete it. :)

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
I am waiting for my Grendel to be done building so I can start doing my Lich stuff again. I am very excited to get him and get the lame kraken that my lich is offering

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair it's the Chakkhurr and I'm mad jelly you got one.
Yeah this is one I'm going to keep, but I can't help but imagine if I had only got at least a 30 or 40% it would delete things better.
----------------------
I need some kind of podcast or something to listen to while I zombie grind for more weapons. I might have to start farming for the temporary mods again soon, I'm not exactly looking forward to that but I have a lot of their relics thanks to the 5% thrall drop now.

End of a era, 38% Ayanga Archgun. Now I'll just wait for the system that lets you replace lower end versions.

Last edited:

Ohnonono

Oct 29, 2017
Holy Terra
I just started this on switch on a whim. First off this game is crazy fun, especially free to play. Second it totally has a ton of crazy systems but they seem like something you can really learn over time. I can't wait to start making new frames and stuff. I am trying to just enjoy playing it cause the hopping around is so much fun!

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I just started this on switch on a whim. First off this game is crazy fun, especially free to play. Second it totally has a ton of crazy systems but they seem like something you can really learn over time. I can't wait to start making new frames and stuff. I am trying to just enjoy playing it cause the hopping around is so much fun!

Welcome to the family. :) I know at first it seems like the game has dozens of overly complicated systems, but in time you'll realize it actually has hundreds of absurdly complicated systems. :P

No, seriously. Take it easy, and hit the wiki early and often; this may be one of the least player-friendly games ever.

Oct 25, 2017
Kuva weapon merging already here.

Common sense is telling me I should wait until the share a lich feature is put in, but then again I really want to get to MR28.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017

Welcome to the game! Warframe is amazing! Spend some time in the codex and look at some of the frames/weapons you think sound cool, and try and work on getting those. The wiki is an awesome resource, and

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I know this is the PC thread but just to be sure I want to give a few tips:
Turn on gyro aiming early on. The earlier you get used to it, the easier it will be for you long term. There are 2 types, one for aiming only, or one for always on (what I use). It's really good.
Press left-stick to toggle running. By default you walk starting each mission. Ninjas don't walk.
Turn FOV (field of view) to max, so it's not zoomed in so much and you can see more around you.

Aside from these, there's not much difference between the PC and other consoles (consoles are always a few updates behind PC) so it's fun to hang out with everyone. Enjoy the game and take your time! The Switch version just had it's one year anniversary and I already spend over 800 hours on it.

Also pretty cool: when you have the game fully downloaded, playing the game actually uses almost no data (like, in actual MBs it's peanuts). So with a Switch you can just use your phone as a hotspot and play online, anywhere you want. In fact, I play on my phone's connection 80% of the time because my shared home internet is less consistent.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I use gyro aim assist on PC, along with the touch pad roller ball simulation (haptic, steam controller), it's awesome. It's a shame PS4 version doesn't have gyro aim/assist option, unless they went ahead and added it after the Switch version.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Nice! Add me (if you want) anyway, and let me know if you ever need help with anything else.

Yeah, the twist is pretty great, it's a shame I had already learned about it by then. The next quest in the main chain (The War Within) is my favorite in the entire game, let us know when you complete it. :)
Thanks I will!

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Just got a 59% element Chakkhurr. I need to farm replacement Parazon mods for this though. I'm not going to rush on this one I think. I feel burned out on progressing through murmurs. Or maybe I should rush and the cycle continues.

So I'm at:
Ayanga archgun x3
Chakkhurr x2
Drakgoon x2
Shildeg

Ohnonono

Oct 29, 2017
Holy Terra
I know this is the PC thread but just to be sure I want to give a few tips:
Turn on gyro aiming early on. The earlier you get used to it, the easier it will be for you long term. There are 2 types, one for aiming only, or one for always on (what I use). It's really good.
Press left-stick to toggle running. By default you walk starting each mission. Ninjas don't walk.
Turn FOV (field of view) to max, so it's not zoomed in so much and you can see more around you.

Aside from these, there's not much difference between the PC and other consoles (consoles are always a few updates behind PC) so it's fun to hang out with everyone. Enjoy the game and take your time! The Switch version just had it's one year anniversary and I already spend over 800 hours on it.

Also pretty cool: when you have the game fully downloaded, playing the game actually uses almost no data (like, in actual MBs it's peanuts). So with a Switch you can just use your phone as a hotspot and play online, anywhere you want. In fact, I play on my phone's connection 80% of the time because my shared home internet is less consistent.
Thanks! Yeah I turned on full gyro last night after learning about bullet jumping and realizing i need to be able to move faster all the time. I have the sensitivity all the way up, gonna keep messing with it. Thanks for the FOV tip as well, I wouldn't have even thought of it!

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Thanks! Yeah I turned on full gyro last night after learning about bullet jumping and realizing i need to be able to move faster all the time. I have the sensitivity all the way up, gonna keep messing with it. Thanks for the FOV tip as well, I wouldn't have even thought of it!

There's so much stuff to configure in Warframe that can make your life easier. Making sprint a toggle instead of a hold is absolutely essential; I guess it's an artifact from when it consumed stamina but it makes zero sense now; you're going to be sprinting 99% of the time.

Other stuff I also prefer is having the minimap direction-locked (so that north is always up), and having it default to the big minimap overlay, but these are probably more down to preference. Activating the option to use melee with the shooting button (R2) is also fundamental for better mobility and accuracy when using melee (just tap Aim to go back to guns).

You can also bind buttons (e.g. d-pad left) to one specific slot in the gear wheel, and put something you use very often (like the scanner) on that slot.

Ohnonono

Oct 29, 2017
Holy Terra
There's so much stuff to configure in Warframe that can make your life easier. Making sprint a toggle instead of a hold is absolutely essential; I guess it's an artifact from when it consumed stamina but it makes zero sense now; you're going to be sprinting 99% of the time.

Other stuff I also prefer is having the minimap direction-locked (so that north is always up), and having it default to the big minimap overlay, but these are probably more down to preference. Activating the option to use melee with the shooting button (R2) is also fundamental for better mobility and accuracy when using melee (just tap Aim to go back to guns).

You can also bind buttons (e.g. d-pad left) to one specific slot in the gear wheel, and put something you use very often (like the scanner) on that slot.
This is all going to make the weekend much smoother, thank you very much!

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
This is all going to make the weekend much smoother, thank you very much!

I've been considering making a "tips for new players" post, there's so much I wish I had been told when I started playing. A few more:
- Use your platinum for warframe and weapon slots. Even late in the game you will still regularly spend platinum on these, they're one of the very few things in the game that need platinum to be bought, and unless you're willing to part with your hard-earned warframes and weapons, you just need them. Ignore other slots like robotics and such: you will buy these late and sparingly.
- Platinum can be obtained by trading with other players, especially Prime parts that are obtained from relics. Check out the whole relic / prime part system as it's one of the more useful and profitable systems in the whole game, and can be leveraged very early on to make your playtime more profitable.
- Don't use Orokin Reactors on non-Prime (or Umbra) frames. Regular frames get 100% obsoleted by their Prime variants; not only are the latter simply better in terms of stats, they can also change their appearance to look like the non-primes if you want. Orokin Reactors are an extremely limited resource (unless you buy them with platinum), not due to their component materials, but because the blueprints used to make them are consumable and often unobtainable outside special events. I used one on my Excalibur, not knowing it would get 200% obsoleted by its Umbra variant.
- Don't pay a lot of attention to the open worlds (Plains of Eidolon / Orb Vallis) at the beginning. Even though they have low level bounties, these are meant more for veteran players to level up their other frames. They are much more enjoyable once you have mastered several of the game's other systems. Focus instead on opening up the star chart (junctions).
- The star chart is a bit like a spiral. You first work your way inwards to Mercury, then outwards through Mars into Pluto, Sedna and Eris. This makes it easy to remember which planets are which level, which is useful later on when leveling other warframes.
- At the beginning you'll stick with your starter Warframe for a bit; later on you'll be showered with frames, to the point you will barely have time to level them up. The easiest warframe to get early on is Rhino: its parts blueprints drop from the boss at Venus, and its main blueprint is bought from the market with credits. It's an extremely tanky and newbie-friendly warframe; one of its abilities gives you complete invulnerability for a few seconds, then converts that absorbed damage into an extra layer of HP.

Last edited:

Ohnonono

Oct 29, 2017
Holy Terra
I've been considering making a "tips for new players" post, there's so much I wish I had been told when I started playing. A few more:
- Use your platinum for warframe and weapon slots. Even late in the game you will still regularly spend platinum on these, they're one of the very few things in the game that need platinum to be bought, and unless you're willing to part with your hard-earned warframes and weapons, you just need them. Ignore other slots like robotics and such: you will buy these late and sparingly.
- Platinum can be obtained by trading with other players, especially Prime parts that are obtained from relics. Check out the whole relic / prime part system as it's one of the more useful and profitable systems in the whole game, and can be leveraged very early on to make your playtime more profitable.
- Don't use Orokin Reactors on non-Prime (or Umbra) frames. Regular frames get 100% obsoleted by their Prime variants; not only are the latter simply better in terms of stats, they can also change their appearance to look like the non-primes if you want. Orokin Reactors are an extremely limited resource (unless you buy them with platinum), not due to their component materials, but because the blueprints used to make them are consumable and often unobtainable outside special events. I used one on my Excalibur, not knowing it would get 200% obsoleted by its Umbra variant.
- Don't pay a lot of attention to the open worlds (Plains of Eidolon / Orb Vallis) at the beginning. Even though they have low level bounties, these are meant more for veteran players to level up their other frames. They are much more enjoyable once you have mastered several of the game's other systems. Focus instead on opening up the star chart (junctions).
- The star chart is a bit like a spiral. You first work your way inwards to Mercury, then outwards through Mars into Pluto, Sedna and Eris. This makes it easy to remember which planets are which level, which is useful later on when leveling other warframes.
- At the beginning you'll stick with your starter Warframe for a bit; later on you'll be showered with frames, to the point you will barely have time to level them up. The easiest warframes to get early on is Rhino: parts from it drop from the boss at Venus. It's an extremely tanky and newbie-friendly warframe.
This is nice to know. I picked MAG and have been having fun. I think I randomly got one of those Orokin Reactors as a quest reward or something. I had a choice of 3 things and I randomly picked it me thinks. I will save it!

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
This is nice to know. I picked MAG and have been having fun. I think I randomly got one of those Orokin Reactors as a quest reward or something. I had a choice of 3 things and I randomly picked it me thinks. I will save it!

I can't think of anything that gives an Orokin reactor as a choice reward, but if there is, what an awful newbie trap (Orokin reactors are more valuable than pretty much anything else in the game, except for rare prime parts).

Actually, I'm thinking you perhaps were given a choice as a login bonus of materials, and one of them were Orokin cells, which look a lot like reactors, but, even though rare, are still much easier to obtain than reactors (and are one of the materials for them, among many others).

The Orokin stuff:

latest

- Orokin cells: rare drop from several planets: component for reactors, catalysts, forma, warframes, weapons, and many other stuff.

latest

- Orokin reactor: doubles a warframe (or companion) mod capacity. Recipe usually comes from events, or bought with cred from Nightwave. Affectionately dubbed "potatoes".

latest

- Orokin catalyst: does the same as the reactor, but for weapons. Obtained much like reactors, but seems somewhat less rare.

I just noticed Orokin cells and reactors look pretty much like each other, just turned upside down. Laaaaame!

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Good thing on noting the beginning platinum should definitely be spent on slots. I was tempted to get a cape (syandana) but my sensei told me no.

As for using a potato (nickname for orokin reactor / catalyst), even if you do it's not the end of the world. I potato'd my Mag and potato'd my Valkyr, only to sell (delete) them later for their Prime versions. But since those are vaulted frames, only much later I replaced them (vaulted frames are not normally obtainable until they are unvaulted and put back into the rotation for a short period). Easily spend like 100+ hours on my Mag and 300+ hours on my Valkyr and enjoyed those times very much. By the time they were replaced I had enough new potatoes.

Having a frame you can call your own is the best feeling in this game. The one frame you keep playing and master it's playstyle. But like Weltall Zero mentioned: in the beginning you'll be playing with Mag for a while. Each planet has a boss to farm a non-Prime frame for, try to find the one you like (I recommend watching videos and reading the wiki on it's abilities).

Weapons though, keep trying as much as possible. Especially the ones you can buy with credits (without farming resources) are easy tests and can be sold to make room for more slots (generally anything hard to come by, especially one time event weapons, you try to keep).

The most common problem is finding out why the game is fun, especially because the beginning seems so easy (super low level enemies) and enemies seem to repeat themselves. I can tell you this: the game will get harder, enemies get tougher and your goal is to match them, or surpass them. You'll hit a breaking point when you don't just use what you got, but try to farm what you want so you can customize. Instead of balanced builds (a little bit of health, a little bit with strength, a little bit of energy, a little bit of damage), you'll start sacrificing stuff to become an AoE monster, or a tank god, or a melee blender, etc. This game isn't as fast with communicating this power fantasy as other games, but it's there. But don't worry, you have enough challenge with your first main goal: trying to unlock all planets (and has some good high notes by itself).

As for this power fantasy, keep in mind that for mods you generally want to upgrade the main general ones. I remember putting a bunch of unranked mods on my stuff at first. But for starters, it's better just to upgrade 1 vitality as much as possible for warframes, and +% damage for weapons. Mods are upgraded once and you can re-equip on other frames/weapons, so those general ones are pretty much always useful (until maybe much later you get like primed versions or have specialized builds).

You'll start experiencing most stuff naturally by just proceeding with the main line story, unlocking planet to planet. Mag happens to be really good at taking out junctions (the connection to the next planet) with her cheesy bubble :)

Wiki is your best friend to search where to find materials for crafting. Some materials are locked on further planets, some can be crafted right away. In the beginning you might be doing this quite a few times and farm specifically for materials (resources). But the general rule is, there's no penalty for just playing the game, you'll always stock up useful resources. That's what I think is the strongest point of the game: you always feel like you're making progress. I still visit Earth plenty of times.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Darnit, my steam controller's grip button stopped working. I could try kb/mouse, but I really hate playing games with a lot of buttons on kb along with having to wasd for movement. I should really think about getting one of those hand game keypad things with the analog on it. anymore.
SALQ2xT.jpg

It's weird that Warframe feel so unplayable for me when I have to move to kb/mouse when I get a steam controller problem. It's like I'm running around with crutches trying to play on kb/mouse. Oh no, also no turbo buttons, the auto press button, activators, touch menu. I gotta fix this thing. Edit: Just googled, so this little plastic could be my problem, man this controller, what kind of plastic is it made out of? Brittle BT4? So many important plastic parts. https://imgur.com/a/olRbV
Le1vIQK.jpg

Last edited:

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Darnit, my steam controller's grip button stopped working. I could try kb/mouse, but I really hate playing games with a lot of buttons on kb along with having to wasd for movement. I should really think about getting one of those hand game keypad things with the analog on it. anymore.
SALQ2xT.jpg

It's weird that Warframe feel so unplayable for me when I have to move to kb/mouse when I get a steam controller problem. It's like I'm running around with crutches trying to play on kb/mouse. Oh no, also no turbo buttons, the auto press button, activators, touch menu. I gotta fix this thing. Edit: Just googled, so this little plastic could be my problem, man this controller, what kind of plastic is it made out of? Brittle BT4? So many important plastic parts. https://imgur.com/a/olRbV
Le1vIQK.jpg
I don't know about every one of those keypads, but I looked some of them up before and that joystick is not analog despite the appearance.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about every one of those keypads, but I looked some of them up before and that joystick is not analog despite the appearance.
Wow, that seems useless. I wonder if I could make it an analog in function with Steam Input, but I bet Steam Input wouldn't recognize it as a controller. Keyboard and mouse isn't supported by steam input, but it would be so cool if it was. The button customization in steam input is so useful.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Good thing on noting the beginning platinum should definitely be spent on slots. I was tempted to get a cape (syandana) but my sensei told me no.

As for using a potato (nickname for orokin reactor / catalyst), even if you do it's not the end of the world. I potato'd my Mag and potato'd my Valkyr, only to sell (delete) them later for their Prime versions. But since those are vaulted frames, only much later I replaced them (vaulted frames are not normally obtainable until they are unvaulted and put back into the rotation for a short period). Easily spend like 100+ hours on my Mag and 300+ hours on my Valkyr and enjoyed those times very much. By the time they were replaced I had enough new potatoes.

Having a frame you can call your own is the best feeling in this game. The one frame you keep playing and master it's playstyle. But like Weltall Zero mentioned: in the beginning you'll be playing with Mag for a while. Each planet has a boss to farm a non-Prime frame for, try to find the one you like (I recommend watching videos and reading the wiki on it's abilities).

Weapons though, keep trying as much as possible. Especially the ones you can buy with credits (without farming resources) are easy tests and can be sold to make room for more slots (generally anything hard to come by, especially one time event weapons, you try to keep).

The most common problem is finding out why the game is fun, especially because the beginning seems so easy (super low level enemies) and enemies seem to repeat themselves. I can tell you this: the game will get harder, enemies get tougher and your goal is to match them, or surpass them. You'll hit a breaking point when you don't just use what you got, but try to farm what you want so you can customize. Instead of balanced builds (a little bit of health, a little bit with strength, a little bit of energy, a little bit of damage), you'll start sacrificing stuff to become an AoE monster, or a tank god, or a melee blender, etc. This game isn't as fast with communicating this power fantasy as other games, but it's there. But don't worry, you have enough challenge with your first main goal: trying to unlock all planets (and has some good high notes by itself).

As for this power fantasy, keep in mind that for mods you generally want to upgrade the main general ones. I remember putting a bunch of unranked mods on my stuff at first. But for starters, it's better just to upgrade 1 vitality as much as possible for warframes, and +% damage for weapons. Mods are upgraded once and you can re-equip on other frames/weapons, so those general ones are pretty much always useful (until maybe much later you get like primed versions or have specialized builds).

You'll start experiencing most stuff naturally by just proceeding with the main line story, unlocking planet to planet. Mag happens to be really good at taking out junctions (the connection to the next planet) with her cheesy bubble :)

Wiki is your best friend to search where to find materials for crafting. Some materials are locked on further planets, some can be crafted right away. In the beginning you might be doing this quite a few times and farm specifically for materials (resources). But the general rule is, there's no penalty for just playing the game, you'll always stock up useful resources. That's what I think is the strongest point of the game: you always feel like you're making progress. I still visit Earth plenty of times.

Yeah, if I had potatoed any other Warframe it probably wouldn't have been so bad (I mean, any of the other two starters would have been almost fine, since they've been vaulted long before I started playing), but it had to be the one that you get an infinitely better version as part of the story. :P

As for difficulty, my number one complaint with Warframe is that it takes forever to get anywhere near challenging, and even when it does it's not because the gameplay itself is challenging but because it throws large swathes of still flatline dumb enemies at you. But I've talked about that recently so I don't want to get into that rant again. :D

SALQ2xT.jpg

Le1vIQK.jpg

I play WF on PC with a regular controller (specifically a Wii U Pro Controller via a 8bitdo adapter). If it was a versus game I would probably get bodied all the time, but since it's, well, Warframe, a "normal" right stick is perfectly fine for me.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully the next consoles' controllers will have grip buttons standard, because right now the steam controller is the only one that's a regular price.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Right after my 59% Chakkhurr, my luck is spent. Back to 26% Chakkhurr. Now I wait for the ability to delete Lich once or something. I don't feel like putting in time for a weapon will not be able to do anything with, and letting them live just seem annoying when they show up when you think it's your rival lich. Also them helping out cause unwanted AOE when I'm solo stealthing it up.

So I'm at:
Ayanga archgun x3
Chakkhurr x3
Drakgoon x2
Shildeg

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
WTF am i looking at here? 🤔

Kuva Lich weapons, on top of having Grineer-sounding weapon names, are preceeding by the randomly generated name (the two first words) of the Kuva Lich they belonged to. So the third line means their main weapon is the Kuva variant of the Kohm, which dropped from the lich named Lixalnah Makk.

I hear if you read these three times quickly you summon the devil.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't you recognize the famous Shildeg of the notorious Murt Modd?

Nope.

Although someone called Murt Modd sounds like a person i would chill with LOL

Kuva Lich weapons, on top of having Grineer-sounding weapon names, are preceeding by the randomly generated name (the two first words) of the Kuva Lich they belonged to. So the third line means their main weapon is the Kuva variant of the Kohm, which dropped from the lich named Lixalnah Makk.

I hear if you read these three times quickly you summon the devil.

I see.

That's gonna be weird to notice on a bunch of other player's load-outs haha

Last edited:
OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
The akvasto might find a good home if the roll is ok, but not with +zoom. If you don't want to reroll it, its fine to melt. Same with the Zarr, although that could be worth up to 75 or 100 as is.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
In terms of getting all the kuva weapons for mastery, my luck has been good so far. Got 4 different kuva weapons in 5 different attempts and only had to get another mod from a relic once.

I'm digging the shildeg. I'm not sure where it stands among all the other hammers, but I've been doing nothing but RMB+Forward+melee to do 2 spins, then a spin attack to reset the spin combo.