• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
unknown.png

latest one has the rad ephemera, rngesus please be kind

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
They are listening!!!!
Greeting, Lich Hunters!​
After the release of the Kuva Lich System in Update 26: The Old Blood, you have been providing us a lot of feedback on what you do and don't like about hunting your personal Lich. While we have made many improvements over the past week, we have more to come. We are adding the following very soon, based on your feedback:​

• WEAPON RNG REDUCTION - Your Kuva Lich will no longer have the same weapon twice in a row. While you may get a duplicated weapon down the road, your Kuva Lich will have a guaranteed different weapon than its immediate predecessor.
  • RECYCLE YOUR REQUIEM - 4 Defiled Requiem Mods can now be Transmuted into a random, fully charged, Requiem Mod. This gives them some additional use, as well as helping you clean up your inventory.
  • TRADE YOUR LICH - If you have a Converted Kuva Lich, you may trade them with another player, who may be looking for a specific Kuva Lich Weapon or Ephemera. This system will be coming soon, including the use of a brand new Dojo Room inspired by the early 'War Room' design from the King Pin System!
  • MORE TO COME - We are looking at other ways in which we can make the Kuva Lich system more rewarding and unique, although there is still a lot of internal discussion surrounding the 'hows' while maintaining the design intent. More on this as it is finalized.
Monitoring, tweaking and balancing this new process is an ongoing effort, and we rely on your feedback to let us know what you think. Please keep your feedback constructive and succinct, making sure you give suggestions to systems you do not like, while detailing why you do like a system, should that be your opinion.​
The hunt continues!​

I wish I waited to hunt, but whateva. With dupes I'm currently at:
Ayanga archgun x3
Chakkhurr x4
Drakgoon x2

Oct 25, 2017
Excellent changes. Glad I held on to the used up requiem mods.

I can see the lich trade system make people gravitate toward larger dojos since that's where they'd get the most benefit.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My first Teralyst :')
I held off the hunt for a while because it always seemed intimidating and didn't want to be that guy dragging the group down

fomldkJl.png

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't done them either, luckily I don't feel the need to. They can be soloed but I don't even want to do the stuff to Quills standing for a good AMP, I gave up on unlocking Revenant because the blueprint needed Quills standing or rank.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I haven't done them either, luckily I don't feel the need to. They can be soloed but I don't even want to do the stuff to Quills standing for a good AMP, I gave up on unlocking Revenant because the blueprint needed Quills standing or rank.

I don't usually tell anyone what to do in Warframe, but I would definitely recommend getting the first non-Mote amp. It's pretty amazing, not just for Eidolons, but in any mission as a backup option when you miscalculated and brought too low level weapons, the mission decided to spawn high-level enemies, or whatever else. Just become operator, turn invisible, and use the alt-fire for AOE death. You will also need it for Ropalolyst, unless someone helps you with it.

At first it seems so shitty and circular that you need Quills rep to craft the amp, you need to kill the Teralyst if you don't want to spend an eternity getting Quills rep, and you need the amp to kill the Teralyst, but the thing is, you really only need one person in the group with a decent amp; even a single person with an 1-1-1 amp can bring down the shield in seconds, and that person doesn't need to be you. Absolutely do not solo it with a Mote amp, it takes almost literally forever (probably more than the night itself lasts). Just take the single Eidolon bounty so you're not paired with speedrunning pros that expect you to be a murder machine. If you take care of the lures you will become a really popular guy. :)

Killing a few Teralysts should be plenty to level up and get the amp parts. For me the worst grind was getting the Cetus wisps, but even that is not so bad if you follow a guide, especially if you do it when you get a resource booster.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
One of my biggest hurdles to the Lich system seem to be getting the Lich to show up so I can test out combinations on it. I'm almost done with a final murmur reveal with no spawn and the final one take a lot to fill up. There must be a way to make them show up. I'm wondering if it's like the Acolytes and I need to check every room.

Edit: Finally got the ephemeral I wanted the most.
I6YDeTB.png

Edit: I just downed a Lich in the first attempt. The odds of that must be crazy, during the whole thing, each step my eyes got wider and wider haha.

1st - Oh I got the first one, nice...
2nd - Woah the second one too??...
3rd - OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGO!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
there are 439 possible combinations, so if you had exactly the same combination as your previous Lich, that's pretty high odds you beat.

My best so far is by the second encounter. I really doubt I'll do better.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
there are 439 possible combinations, so if you had exactly the same combination as your previous Lich, that's pretty high odds you beat.

My best so far is by the second encounter. I really doubt I'll do better.
Your lucky lich was the first thing I thought of. I always mix my combination up after beating one since I feel there's less chance any of the spots and mods would work after.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
So far I've always gotten them to level 5 before i beat my lich. My last attempt was my worst yet since the murmurs I unlocked were for the 2nd and 3rd slot, and i cycled through all 8 mods in the first slot before finding the right combination.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Unrelated, but the percentage change reminded me: is there any reason the pure "+% status chance" mods are so terrible? Why does Melee Prowess give a +15% to status for 7 capacity, when the elemental ones give +60% chance AND +60% damage for the same cost, and Drifting Contact gives +40% chance plus increased combo duration for just 5?

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Unrelated, but the percentage change reminded me: is there any reason the pure "+% status chance" mods are so terrible? Why does Melee Prowess give a +15% to status for 7 capacity, when the elemental ones give +60% chance AND +60% damage for the same cost, and Drifting Contact gives +40% chance plus increased combo duration for just 5?
Before they changed the damage system to have elements and status ailments they used to give bonuses to stun chance, and they never bothered to change the numbers.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
eh, I don't really have a problem with rare mods being better than common mods

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Eidolons are still some of the best "bosses" in the game, IMO

eh, I don't really have a problem with rare mods being better than common mods

There aren't many cases of mods that are strictly worse than another at every rank, including rare, primed and flawed mods. It's not even "slightly worse" here; it's about ten times worse. This weird outclassing doesn't happen with any other common mod in the game, either.

I mean, contrast and compare Pressure Point. It's a common mod that at max rank gives +120'% damage for 9 capacity. Its Primed variant, far rarer than any of the elemental melee mods, gives only +90% at 9 capacity, and +120% damage at 11 capacity. It's only at higher ranks / capacities that it becomes better than the common variant. This is a running theme with pretty much all mods in the game: no mod is better than another at every rank.

I think it's pretty obvious this is just Warframe Oversight #939478932, not a conscious design decision.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
There aren't many cases of mods that are strictly worse than another at every rank, including rare, primed and flawed mods. It's not even "slightly worse" here; it's about ten times worse. This weird outclassing doesn't happen with any other common mod in the game, either. I think it's pretty obvious this is just Warframe Oversight #939478932, not a conscious design decision.
probably true

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Got to MR 28, got one of the 3 vengeful ephemera I wanted, and have 5 kuva weapons left to collect. I'm probably going to ease of on doing any more lich hunting for a bit so I don't get burnt out, even though I really wanted to get the Kuva tonkor. Twice in a row I had to cycle all 8 parazon mods in the first slot before finally getting the right one, then getting the order for the last 2 wrong. Then the lich taking forever to spawn even when the enraged meter is full and I'm doing slow missions to give him time to appear.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally decided to engage with the Lich system today and was able to guess the last two Requiem mods :D

I had a mission where a random refused to make an attempt on their Lich so we wasted so much time before we could move on... All because they didn't want their Lich to rank up

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Finally decided to engage with the Lich system today and was able to guess the last two Requiem mods :D

I had a mission where a random refused to make an attempt on their Lich so we wasted so much time before we could move on... All because they didn't want their Lich to rank up
I've been soloing my lichs this entire time and only started co-oping today. So far I've been encountering situations where people refuse to attack their lich in 20% of my games. Honestly it baffles it.

I don't see the reasoning when they say they don't want it to level up. They're playing in a public game and in all the games I've played, there is always players that can stun the lich for them if they're too weak.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
The one legitimate reason I've seen is because they don't want the lich to tax other nodes. I kinda get it, but the tax is so piddly I can't imagine it's going to have that dramatic of an effect on your gameplay.

I do sort of wish they were on a timer if the person was ignoring it. Like if they go down a certain number of times, it starts a 30 second countdown.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
Just an image of Dojo room size reference for the up coming Railjack Dry Dock. Not sure about your Dojo but ours need some rearrangements so it will fit; This image helped me a lot. Make sure to take verticality into account if you plan to build it on top of stuff, since there are existing Halls that are multileveled in terms of construction. The safest bet would be have it branch out horizontally and well clear of everything else.

jDrVOVE.jpg

source: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1122347-announcement-new-free-dojo-planner/

Last edited:

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Does vengeful ephemera still drop when you convert liches? Found the shocking one but already have the weapon and it has crappier stats.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I wish normal Warframes could be updated to prime like the Kuva weapons. I want to spend these umbra forma on Khora.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Ivara Prime looks sick. I'm totally going to use it instead of Youkai tennogen skin.

Melee Riven's are getting a crit chance buff. My dual crit Tekko riven already shreds anything that isn't a nox but getting to orange/red faster would always be appreaciated.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I have a lot of those, especially forma, though getting kuva weapons to 80 capacity chews through them.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Dry dock is extremely picky on where it can be built. It looks like it can only be built on the first floor

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got all the kuva weapons and thanks to the exilus sortie and affinity booster, I mastered almost all but one of them. There's still two ephemera I want but they're not worth the extra effort or trading for.

Archwing feels a bit better now that you can stop as soon as you let go of the movement keys instead of sliding around. It's also nice to finally be free from Itzal. I don't like that animation you get when you try to blink when the cooldown isn't gone yet.