• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
FYI, info via TP.

kjr0E6j.png

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
I already had 100 cubics from lich hunting so much but carbides was a bit more annoying to farm since the best way to get eximus to spawn was dark sektor. Thank god for my resource booster. Also got 150 copernics already because I just happened to do last week's mining nightwave mission yesterday.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
With the double exp with a 3 day booster on top of it and the realization that I may as well use my umbra forma on someone. Trinity Prime is my only liked prime that look like it would be best to give the umbra forma to, even though it's not for 3 but two umbras. It allow for more versatility in mod setups instead of all slots, except for the ones used by umbras, with a locked polarity, and starving for points. Screw it, I'm probably not going to use them anyway at this rate, I'll do it live (meme).

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

Six million credits, ugh. The wiki has the totals and it's not as bad as I expected, I have everything except the new materials, credits (was at around 2M), neural sensors and plastids. Today I read on the wiki that credit boosters apply to the index, so since I have a monthly one going, I gave it a try a couple hours ago, got into a nice group, ended up chaining quite a few games, and I'm at 4M now; not bad I guess.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I sadly dont think I will be getting a ship any time soon =(

Well, if I understand how it works, you can just hop on someone else's ship and go on merry adventures all the same, right? It's likely my SO and myself will do just that.

And now that I think about it, with her dislike of anything that isn't pure gameplay (I often have to set and upgrade her mods, and her Orbiter is a barren wasteland) it's probably for the best that she doesn't get another thing I have to micromanage for her! :D

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is saryn useful outside of eso? im debating on whether to trade her prime set

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i rarely see her outside of eso so it made me curious but i'll take your word on it
thanks!

Blank

Oct 27, 2017
is saryn useful outside of eso? im debating on whether to trade her prime set

She's great. Better on smaller maps where she can hit the entire area easily. I would say the biggest knock against her is she doesn't scale particularly well when played in multiples (2 Saryn's isn't any more useful than 1 Saryn). I really like her for Interception/Disruption game modes. Less useful for Spy/Rescue/etc. and not useful in the slightest for (most/all) the end-game bosses.

Noisy Ninj4

Oct 25, 2017
She's great. Better on smaller maps where she can hit the entire area easily. I would say the biggest knock against her is she doesn't scale particularly well when played in multiples (2 Saryn's isn't any more useful than 1 Saryn). I really like her for Interception/Disruption game modes. Less useful for Spy/Rescue/etc. and not useful in the slightest for (most/all) the end-game bosses.
Actually, with her 1 augment Saryn is pretty good for dealing with bosses with squad wide corrosive damage buffs while still retaining her powerful crowd clearing ability.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
That is... so far from being right that it baffles me. The augment can give an insane amount (directly equal to your power strength) of Corrosive damage to your entire party and yourself, then you can also dose up your damage with venom lash. Corrosive is one of the most useful elements in the game.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
The ONLY thing I will miss IF Saryn got nerf'd is the large quantities of free XP I got from other people using Saryn. Saryn along with many "press [x] to clear tile" frames are the frames I never use cause, IMO, of their boring and brain dead nature to play.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
soooo did they just not understand why people liked blink when they gave it to all the archwings?

or did they just want to take it out entirely, and decided to put in this borderline unusable version just so they could say it was still in the game?

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I built Itzal a couple days before the nerf was announced :/
I just wanted to spam Blink

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I built Itzal a couple days before the nerf was announced :/
I just wanted to spam Blink

It's funny because one of the things that Itzal was also great at was immediatelly stopping in its tracks, which all archwings now have (a very welcome and positive change, realism be damned).

I personally like the current implementation of blink, it makes travelling through the open worlds so much quickly with any archwing.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
soooo did they just not understand why people liked blink when they gave it to all the archwings?

or did they just want to take it out entirely, and decided to put in this borderline unusable version just so they could say it was still in the game?

just go watch the dev stream where one dev says he's going to nerf it then how they had to walk it back with the all archwings get blink "fix"

Oct 30, 2017
How does the new blink system work? I couldn't figure it out when I was playing with my Itzal last night. No longer having momentum is really nice though.

I was discussing Railjack with my brother last weekend and was wondering, do you think DE might eventually implement large scale naval battles? Just imagine how cool it would be having multiple Railjacks engaging enemy fleets.

Blank

Oct 27, 2017
How does the new blink system work? I couldn't figure it out when I was playing with my Itzal last night. No longer having momentum is really nice though.

I was discussing Railjack with my brother last weekend and was wondering, do you think DE might eventually implement large scale naval battles? Just imagine how cool it would be having multiple Railjacks engaging enemy fleets.

I thought it's the same key as rolling. It has a larger distance but a 3 second cool down to it.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
How does the new blink system work? I couldn't figure it out when I was playing with my Itzal last night.

If you're playing with a controller, they messed up (quelle surprise) and you can't actually blink by default. You need to rebind Descend to another button first, because Blink is also triggered with L1, and Descend takes precedence.

What I did is (in PSX buttons) bind Ascend to Triangle and Descend to X. Don't bind any of them to Square, that's a mistake I did earlier and it prevents you from being able to interact with anything, picking Ayatan stars, etc, because, again, Ascend / Descend take priority.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Oh god the update might pull me back in... and here I thought I was out, heh.
How is it compared to the last two updates?

Oct 30, 2017
I found Sands of Inaros much more annoying, having to kill rarely encountered enemies with an extremely vague counter that doesn't actually tell you how many more you need to kill, with the quest bugging out towards the end where it stopped counting my kills.

At least with silver Grove I knew more or less what I was doing and what I was looking for. Have fun trying to interpret what those sigils on the jar mean in Sands of Inaros.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Doing something nonstandard like scanning plants was pretty refreshing even if the quantities required were up there. I'll take that over "11% drop chance from the C reward" any day.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Doing something nonstandard like scanning plants was pretty refreshing even if the quantities required were up there. I'll take that over "11% drop chance from the C reward" any day.

Scanning plants is awful when it's "this plant has a chance to appear somewhere in this super low level mission you have absolutely no other reason to do. Oh, and it only appears when it's day / night, which unlike Plains of Eidolon is impossible to know unless you check an outside site". When the plants refuse to spawn anywhere in sight it's every bit as frustrating and RNGy than any other farm, with the only difference that you don't get anything else at all out of it.

I mean, sure, compared to other C rotation frames, Titania is much easier to get, but this is a quest, which makes it harder to ignore for quest completionists. Although of course there's even worse quests (I've killed like 20 Juggernauts and still no goddamn pherliac pod blueprint).