• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Has DE ever discussed dedicated servers and the reason they're not in? High pings and host migrations are incredibly annoying.

Cost, mostly.

Anyone else hoping they dont wait until right before christmas break to drop this update? I remember one of the times they did a update like that, it shipped with some major issues and no one was around to fix it for 2-3 weeks and community was not happy at all about it.

That was Eyes of Blight, the update that introduced the Fomorian Invasions to Warframe good lord i'm old

I actually really like that there's no instant wipe. It looks like Railjack is gonna be more hectic, but in turn have more "safety" features so it doesn't feel unfair. I imagine you'll actually be quite safe, but feels like you're in constant danger. It's never fun when the margin of error is so small that one mistake can lead to a loss, but it's also not fun when you're not being pushed at all.

It seems like that's offset by needing to find resources in the wild to construct the repair systems, which might transition in to one of those nice death spirals where the ship can't quite hold it together to get the resources to hold it together.

Hopefully it will be like one of these panic moments in FTL that are pretty much game-defining. :)

like that

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
pc players get kuva from lich level ups right? do you find it a decent source of kuva? obviously not going to beat other things but if it's an okay amount i might be willing to jump back into the lich grind for the last few ephemera when it hits consoles

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
"Rank 1, 2, 3, and 4 Liches will respectively drop 150, 200, 250 and 300 Kuva for all squad members when a Parazon is used on them."

Which I believe is just the resolution (killed by the lich or converting/killing it)? But I'm not sure. It's a nice little side amount but it's not really reliable in any form.

Last edited:

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
As a fan of melee, so far I've been testing quite a bit with the melee mods. Weeping Wounds is basically 4x stronger than before (the wording has not changed, 40% per crit multiplier, but multipliers easily go up to 12x now).

This means with this mod alone, you will reach +480% status chance.

The calculation is pretty simple then: 100% / 4.8 = 20.8%.
So with 1 weeping wounds and 20% status chance, you will reach 100% status chance and don't need anything else. So for Zaw min-maxing, you don't really want to add more than 20% base.

But, there's more! Adding at least 1 additional element to your weapon will make your Condition Overload considerably stronger, so I recommend adding a 60/60. And Drifting Contact is usually still the best in slot (with some certain build exception, I myself want the combo duration aura for example). So that's 60% + 40% more that you actually have, making it 100% / 5.8 = 17.2%

So you only need 17.2% base status to get a full 100% status chance (nothing happens if you go over 100% unlike crit), thus you can settle for less status on your Zaw for more crit.

Example:
PLAGUE KEEWAR + SHTUNG + VARGEET JAI II
RjtED6l.jpg

In the same way Weeping Wounds is 4 times stronger than before, the Gladiator set is also stronger. Even though it went from 15% to 10% per multiplier, you get a much larger multiplier. Since each piece adds 10%, each Gladiator piece is basically 120% crit chance if you're mostly melee (when not counting multiplier wind ups). And you can still let your sentinel equip the melee mods (I believe you need the Deconstructor sentinel weapon to put melee mods). There's also this pet secretly has sentinel weapon mods equipped thing, but that's a bug and I'm not sure if it's still there.

From what I've seen so far, pretty much ANY weapon becomes a beast if it has at least 18% status chance:
- Condition Overload
- Weeping Wounds
- Any 60/60 mod (I like using Fire now)
- Blood Rush
- Primed Reach
- Berserker
- [Anything]
- [Anything]

For the final two I recommend anything from the Gladiator set if not using Helios' Deconstructor weapon.
Otherwise Quickening, Primed Fury, Riven, Healing Return, Organ Shatter are all pretty good.

And yeah, I've been rambling about a higher base crit chance, but I forgot to explain what it means.
Blood Rush = 60% per combo multiplier. 12 x 60% = 720%
If you combine it with 3 parts of the Gladiator set, it would be 12 x 90% = 1080% instead.

Red crit = 200%+ crit.
200% / 10.8 = 18.5%
So only 18.5% base crit is required to achieve red crits on weapons with the above mod setup.

300% / 10.8 = 27.8%
For an even more 'redder' crit, 27.8% base crit is required. Not many weapons have that, but more do now than before with the update.

Personally I run 1 more Gladiator mod on my Valkyr (Gladiator Finesse), which makes it a total of 12 x 100% = 1200%, so only 300% / 12 = 25% crit chance is required to achieve a permanent 'red x 2' crit.

So basically almost every melee is godlike.

My current favorite is Twirling Spire Polearm (so many cool moves at your disposal) but I'm working on a few others as well.

Oct 30, 2017
I just hope DE doesn't take their time adding the AI Railjack crew. I play solo most of the time and it is looking like Railjack is very difficult without a full crew and actual communication between crewmates.

Being able to do Empyrean missions with a solo fighter would be kind of a cool option as well. It'd be a nice alternative to having to use a fully crewed ship.

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
The range on this Gunsen (hitting more enemies) + combo count chance + attack speed = really fast 12x stacks.
Once I have the combo duration aura, I will replace Drifting contact with Blood Rush and put in Killing Blow as last slot.

Which means it's a hybrid of:
- Fast combo counter builder (riven + quickening)
- 100% status chance (weeping wounds), 4 elements (IPS + electric)
- Yellow and orange crits (blood rush + gladiator set)
- Massive range (riven + primed reach)
- Super fast attack speed (quickening + berserker)
- Fast heavy attack (aura + killing blow)

So uh.... everything!? I'm even Zenurik to keep some combo counters after a heavy attack....

Not done forma'ing screenshot:
MxGi5js.jpg

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
What are some of your best rivens?

I'm so tired of farming kuva. I took a look over the rivens I maxed ranked to get a full picture, and I realized they are not so bad and maybe I should just stop. Some of these weapons are not so fun or effective too. I also have a Azima with -fire rate and + status chance, it's very situational though, used for saryn auto spore Elite Sanctuary Onslaught. The one I'm the most happy with is Tomb Finger I think.

oJhLltF.jpg

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Goddam, that kohm riven had a kuva family bucket all to itself.
A negative with multishot and status is hard to roll. Now that I think about it this is what I should put my last day of resource boost on. 100,000 more kuva, one last attempt. I do have a second Kohm riven but it's rank 16 and I'm 14, that seem like a gigantic amount of exp that I'm not willing to craft and delete the gear/warframes/pets to do.

Oct 25, 2017
A negative with multishot and status is hard to roll. Now that I think about it this is what I should put my last day of resource boost on. 100,000 more kuva, one last attempt. I do have a second Kohm riven but it's rank 16 and I'm 14, that seem like a gigantic amount of exp that I'm not willing to craft and delete the gear/warframes/pets to do.

I wouldn't put anything more into that riven, it's already amazing, but if you have a booster then farming some kuva isn't a bad idea. If you're low on plat I'd probably sell that second riven for a chunk of change. Would buy enough slots to keep you covered for a while.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

It's kind of interesting how this highlights the differences in playstyles from person to person. It boggles me that you have all these rivens rolled to infinity and beyond, but are rank 14. My SO and myself are rank 16 and 15 respectively and we have like 3-4 rivens that have never been rolled. :D

If I may ask, what ballpark is your playtime at? We're around the 500-600h mark.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't put anything more into that riven, it's already amazing, but if you have a booster then farming some kuva isn't a bad idea. If you're low on plat I'd probably sell that second riven for a chunk of change. Would buy enough slots to keep you covered for a while.
Selling rivens seem like such a chore, even buying them. Warframe market website, and Rivenmarket. I can buy the slots right now but I only keep and craft things I'm interested in using. I have some extra slots and plat but I tend to stick to a few weapons/warframes, and I kind of hate the pets, only sticking to Smeeta kavat, and a no weapon carrier to not attack random things. I'm not a fan of the whole MR system, if I push for 16 the only reason I'd be doing it is for a extra riven, even though it gives me extra mod capacity at uncapped ranks (eh), and a bigger daily cap on stuff (not worth it to me, I rarely do daily caps).

It's kind of interesting how this highlights the differences in playstyles from person to person. It boggles me that you have all these rivens rolled to infinity and beyond, but are rank 14. My SO and myself are rank 16 and 15 respectively and we have like 3-4 rivens that have never been rolled. :D

If I may ask, what ballpark is your playtime at? We're around the 500-600h mark.
I also stick to 3 warframes. I have a good amount unlocked but I have a particular play style I like. I solo mainly, I thought I would try team support, but I don't do group stuff much, especially things that matter, so that Trinity thing never panned out. I have two Nekros because I love pet classes (<3 FFXI Beastmaster), Loki is my go to for missions I can just stay stealth in, Octavia too, but requires a lot more upkeep so Loki usually wins for simplicity.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I also stick to 3 warframes. I have a good amount unlocked but I have a particular play style I like. I solo mainly, I thought I would try team support, but I don't do group stuff much, especially things that matter, so that Trinity thing never panned out. I have two Nekros because I love pet classes (<3 FFXI Beastmaster), Loki is my go to for missions I can just stay stealth in, Octavia too, but requires a lot more upkeep so Loki usually wins for simplicity.

This is so different to how we play the game, hahah. We pretty much treat it as a collectathon, with Mastery Rank being the ultimate goal; we have the entire starmap unlocked but haven't much touched most of the endgame content, including Eidolons past the Teralyst, either of the Orbs, rivens, liches, etc. We don't touch sorties except when the Nightwave weekly is on.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
This is so different to how we play the game, hahah. We pretty much treat it as a collectathon, with Mastery Rank being the ultimate goal; we have the entire starmap unlocked but haven't much touched most of the endgame content, including Eidolons past the Teralyst, either of the Orbs, rivens, liches, etc. We don't touch sorties except when the Nightwave weekly is on.
I think the only reason I'm like this is because of my experience with MMOs like Final Fantasy XI and the Marvel Heroes games. They are games where I can't possibly do everything and so I learned to laser focus on specific things. I don't do missions unless I have to, to get loot related stuff. When a cutscene starts in this game I leave the room to do something else or alt tab since they are usually unskippable.

At one point I wanted Revenant, but the last remaining thing I needed was locked behind Operator standing on Cetus, I really dislike the way you gain standing with the Operator syndicate so I dropped unlocking it. I also don't have a amp other than the default, and to get a better amp I need that standing. If I recall correctly it's suggested that you need a non default amp for the eidolons, so my way of farming for the amp would be killing those vomvalyst. One day I might farm those things and get a good first amp, then look into solo eidolon killing, and maybe Operator amps, and more focus school completion. For now it just seem unnecessary, even trying for the valuable arcanes (the rng on rng due to having to stack so many of them to get max rank).

I didn't do any of the extra Orb Vallis things after Old Mate rank until I got that new Kuva archwing weapon. When I got the ability to use it outside of the archwing I stopped. Right now I'm kind of doing the rail jack ship, but only because I saw that you can do some of it solo (stealth missions). I won't really try it unless I see the loot is good and solo is worth it.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I think the only reason I'm like this is because of my experience with MMOs like Final Fantasy XI and the Marvel Heroes games. They are games where I can't possibly do everything and so I learned to laser focus on specific things. I don't do missions unless I have to, to get loot related stuff. When a cutscene starts in this game I leave the room to do something else or alt tab since they are usually unskippable.

At one point I wanted Revenant, but the last remaining thing I needed was locked behind Operator standing on Cetus, I really dislike the way you gain standing with the Operator syndicate so I dropped unlocking it. I also don't have a amp other than the default, and to get a better amp I need that standing. If I recall correctly it's suggested that you need a non default amp for the eidolons, so my way of farming for the amp would be killing those vomvalyst. One day I might farm those things and get a good first amp, then look into solo eidolon killing, and maybe Operator amps, and more focus school completion. For now it just seem unnecessary, even trying for the valuable arcanes (the rng on rng due to having to stack so many of them to get max rank).

I didn't do any of the extra Orb Vallis things after Old Mate rank until I got that new Kuva archwing weapon. When I got the ability to use it outside of the archwing I stopped. Right now I'm kind of doing the rail jack ship, but only because I saw that you can do some of it solo (stealth missions). I won't really try it unless I see the loot is good and solo is worth it.

So wildly different to my own experience, hahah. I do have a non-Mote amp, which is amazing when leveling up stuff, for these scenarios where you misjudged and brought too low level equipment, as the alt fire vaporizes groups of enemies up to level 30. On the other hand I'm nowhere close to Old Mate with Solaris, even though I'd quite want the archgun deployer. I've finished all of the game's quests except the goddamn Jordas Precept because Juggernauts refuse to drop the damn blueprints.

Farming rep with Vomvalysts will probably take forever; it's one of the many fuck yous of the game that you need rep to craft the weapon that you need to kill the guy that lets you farm rep, but if you're playing on PC let me group with you and carry you through at least a few Teralysts. I can bring down his shield by myself and you can probably vaporize its synovia with your weapons. My username is the same as here minus the space.

Alternatively you can bite the bullet and group up with others. You only really need someone with a decent amp while the others bring the lures and later on DPS the synovia, and that someone doesn't need to be you. It doesn't take more than 5-10 mins and you only need to down a few of them to get enough rep for the next amp, you can probably be done in an hour, total. Just be sure to take the bounty that is only the Teralyst rather than the three because it gets much harder.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
So wildly different to my own experience, hahah. I do have a non-Mote amp, which is amazing when leveling up stuff, for these scenarios where you misjudged and brought too low level equipment, as the alt fire vaporizes groups of enemies up to level 30. On the other hand I'm nowhere close to Old Mate with Solaris, even though I'd quite want the archgun deployer. I've finished all of the game's quests except the goddamn Jordas Precept because Juggernauts refuse to drop the damn blueprints.

Farming rep with Vomvalysts will probably take forever; it's one of the many fuck yous of the game that you need rep to craft the weapon that you need to kill the guy that lets you farm rep, but if you're playing on PC let me group with you and carry you through at least a few Teralysts. I can bring down his shield by myself and you can probably vaporize its synovia with your weapons. My username is the same as here minus the space.

Alternatively you can bite the bullet and group up with others. You only really need someone with a decent amp while the others bring the lures and later on DPS the synovia, and that someone doesn't need to be you. It doesn't take more than 5-10 mins and you only need to down a few of them to get enough rep for the next amp, you can probably be done in an hour, total. Just be sure to take the bounty that is only the Teralyst rather than the three because it gets much harder.
I'll probably just do the grind to get a good amp. I actually don't mind the grinding as long as I'm interested in the reward. While I never find myself needing extra power being caught off guard with unsuitable weapons, I'll make this a goal next if only to maybe have a use for the kuva chakkhurr. I don't have a riven for it but it's my highest element rolled kuva weapon (59% heat), and putting it to use could be nice.

Oct 26, 2017
So, I got a new GPU and tried to use nVidia DSR. My monitor is 1080p.

Problem is when I change the resolution (i.e. 3840 x 2160) the screen doesn't scale and only shows the top left part of the image.

Any clue why is this happenning?

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
So, I got a new GPU and tried to use nVidia DSR. My monitor is 1080p.

Problem is when I change the resolution (i.e. 3840 x 2160) the screen doesn't scale and only shows the top left part of the image.

Any clue why is this happenning?
You're probably playing the game in borderless windows, in full screen it should scale properly (I have been playing with DSR for quite a while now). Either switch it up in options or press alt+enter to enter fullscreen.

Oct 26, 2017
You're probably playing the game in borderless windows, in full screen it should scale properly (I have been playing with DSR for quite a while now). Either switch it up in options or press alt+enter to enter fullscreen.
I checked and it was already on full-screen (although Alt+Enter changed to window mode and allowed me to see/access the options menu).

But I found the problem. It was an option in:
Windows menu > Configurations > System > Video > Adjust scale and layout > Advanced scale configurations > Allow Windows to correct apps to not look blurry.

This option was enabled. I disabled it and now it's working.

Regardless, thanks for the tip.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
What are some of your best rivens?

I'm so tired of farming kuva. I took a look over the rivens I maxed ranked to get a full picture, and I realized they are not so bad and maybe I should just stop. Some of these weapons are not so fun or effective too. I also have a Azima with -fire rate and + status chance, it's very situational though, used for saryn auto spore Elite Sanctuary Onslaught. The one I'm the most happy with is Tomb Finger I think.

oJhLltF.jpg
I generally stopped putting much effort into rivens since I gravitate towards the same weapons and I'm fine not using rivens on most weapons. My most used ones are these two.
fQRdIHU.jpg

Even with it's low disposition, this adds a noticeable amount of damage. Add in magnum force with all the multishot mods, and it becomes a visual nightmare for my teammates.

And my favorite riven, that got better after melee 2.999 and better again after the crit chance was buffed again. Even since I've been playing melee only 80% of the time.
f2OWvOF.jpg

The only thing that sucks is that I generally use a viral build with this weapon, and the status duration ends so fast, but most enemies die to the crit damage anyways.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my gosh that Tekko, insane crit c&d. I miss the old Staticor, I used that weapon all the time. The change was interesting for a while but I got tired of charging.

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
I checked and it was already on full-screen (although Alt+Enter changed to window mode and allowed me to see/access the options menu).

But I found the problem. It was an option in:
Windows menu > Configurations > System > Video > Adjust scale and layout > Advanced scale configurations > Allow Windows to correct apps to not look blurry.

This option was enabled. I disabled it and now it's working.

Regardless, thanks for the tip.
Ohh yes, that's another thing that can mess up DSR on games. I turned it off a long time ago and completely forgot about it. Glad you could fix it!

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
I think I might just wait til they implement in solo play. First few attempts have been rough.

First game I joined the ship was already low health and I had no idea how to bring up the repair tool so we failed. Multiple loading screens later and my game crashed.

Second game I was side gunning and the only one doing repairs. Nearly everything was out of my view except for the Cruise ship that I couldn't do shit to. We were constantly at low health and at that point so I just waited at the bottom of the ship to repair. Then I ran out of repair ammo and none of my team was paying attention to me or the ship so we failed that too.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Really wish there was a leave squad option in this mode. Being held hostage because half the team wants to fly around and collect every single resource on the map after everything is dead.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
I'm having a decent time being that one engineer who runs around fixing everyone's mistakes. Just need the base intrinsic to run the refineries, but most missions don't need addition Omni ammo anyway at the very start.

Really wish there was a leave squad option in this mode. Being held hostage because half the team wants to fly around and collect every single resource on the map after everything is dead.

I'll test this later but the way the mission "finishes" I bet you could abort and keep your stuff. It feels like the checkpoint system that they use for Bounties.

On a more annoying note I've been unable to invite anyone to the dojo since the update and have had terrible matchmaking problems. It makes trading for plat a pain.

Edit: confirmed you can just leave and keep the mission rewards at least, if that's all you want.

Last edited:

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Rising Tide is now on all consoles (just get red text'd on Switch!). DE is kind of busting their ass off, they must be trying to make a certain deadline or something. Console updates aren't this close to PC in the year that I've played on Switch.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
If you get a mission where you have to go inside a missile platform, look for a rare storage container. First time I did it and a teammate found an umbral forma bp.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
The 6 million credits is gonna be the biggest hurdle for me. Damn that's a lot of money.

I thought the exact same, but me and my SO got them without much hassle by playing a few mid-risk Index games whenever I had a credits booster on. It's 300k per game with a booster, and the nice thing is that on mid risk you mostly get people who know what they're doing. Get a tanky frame like Wukong, slap a decent melee weapon with corrosive damage and the +damage to Corpus mod, and score every time you have five points.

Also: the best place for Copernics (before you get the railjack) is Deck 12. Tons of ore veins, no enemies.

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
The 6 million credits is gonna be the biggest hurdle for me. Damn that's a lot of money.

Other than index, another option (if you can handle it) is by farming profit taker with boosters and a smeeta kavat. You can get stupid amounts of credits each time if you are very lucky in short amounts of time:

lxzIXNC.png

Plus you can build up crisma toroids for vox solaris standing if you still need any.

BTW, with Empyrean, was wondering what archgun people are using (presumable with corrosive?). I've been using Imp. Vandal so far, but it feels absolutely useless at the higher end of Earth's nodes and takes forever to down any fighters. I'm still building up enough intrinsics, but has anyone noticed improvement by unlocking the tracks under Engineer to buff archwing/gun, and if its worth doing?

Emperor_El

Oct 29, 2017
Haven't done Profit Taker yet. It's on my "Warframe Post Semester" To-Do list. Probably take a crack at it next week.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
What crafting materials are required?
b2feXwF.jpg

Other than index, another option (if you can handle it) is by farming profit taker with boosters and a smeeta kavat. You can get stupid amounts of credits each time if you are very lucky in short amounts of time:

lxzIXNC.png

Plus you can build up crisma toroids for vox solaris standing if you still need any.

BTW, with Empyrean, was wondering what archgun people are using (presumable with corrosive?). I've been using Imp. Vandal so far, but it feels absolutely useless at the higher end of Earth's nodes and takes forever to down any fighters. I'm still building up enough intrinsics, but has anyone noticed improvement by unlocking the tracks under Engineer to buff archwing/gun, and if its worth doing?
Imperator Vandal feels like the best one so far but everything feels so weak.

There's a bug where piloting an exploding crewship will put you back in the archwing with your regular weapons. I've been purposely using that bug so I can use my Opticor to shoot things down decently. However that brings a bunch of other bugs with it, like being unable to revive yourself, and sometimes being outside of your archwing and walking in space.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking about finally trying the game for the first time... How's the new player experience these days? At first glance it looks really system heavy and complex?

Also, I assume there's no problem playing with a controller on PC?