• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 30, 2017
Speaking of Kuva weapons, my third Lich dropped the Kuva Quartakk with innate radiation. I was hoping to really enjoy it since it has good crit and status, plus I prefer full auto rifles. But, I'm really not liking it. I don't know if I'm just not modding it properly or what, but it just feels under powered to me. The Kuva Tonkor just mows down enemies left and right and the Kuva Brakk I have can shred most enemies, but the Quartakk just isn't doing it for me. Should I maybe try going for a different status proc next time?

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Kuva weapons, my third Lich dropped the Kuva Quartakk with innate radiation. I was hoping to really enjoy it since it has good crit and status, plus I prefer full auto rifles. But, I'm really not liking it. I don't know if I'm just not modding it properly or what, but it just feels under powered to me. The Kuva Tonkor just mows down enemies left and right and the Kuva Brakk I have can shred most enemies, but the Quartakk just isn't doing it for me. Should I maybe try going for a different status proc next time?
you can try this i guess

I don't have the thing yet so I can't speak to how to use it personally

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Yeah I'm not sure how you're not shredding up stuff with the Quartakk even when using the auto fire. With the burst fire it just wrecks. I have a badly rolled Impact one and it's still tearing up content.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Whoo after almost 600hrs in this game I did my first Eidolon... capture? I had no idea what to do but I guess I helped a bit...
And my first Arcade is Momentum.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
What are and how do you do Finishers? I see there's a challenge for it on Nightwave but I'm not sure I've seen that yet?

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got to the Void last night and got the last few mats I still needed to build the last piece of the Rhino warframe... Ended up rushing both the last piece and the overall blueprint cause I didn't want to wait 3 days... Yay new toy to play with!

Pantaghana

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Croatia
CbXIRC5.jpg
Its been a good few days.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ha
Same here. I have Primes for Atlas, Mesa, Saryn, Chroma and Zephyr waiting to be claimed. I also built my first Zaws and Kitgun

4EKz4dX.jpg

I'm thinking I should have gone with the Peye grip on the Nikana as it's noticeably slower (just a tad!) than the Skiajati but didn't want to use it again after building a Ooltha sword for my Rhino :) Not that there was anything wrong with it, I just wanted a different look... which may have not been the best way to go about building a Zaw lol

Noisy Ninj4

Oct 25, 2017
Ha
Same here. I have Primes for Atlas, Mesa, Saryn, Chroma and Zephyr waiting to be claimed. I also built my first Zaws and Kitgun

I'm thinking I should have gone with the Peye grip on the Nikana as it's noticeably slower (just a tad!) than the Skiajati but didn't want to use it again after building a Ooltha sword for my Rhino :) Not that there was anything wrong with it, I just wanted a different look... which may have not been the best way to go about building a Zaw lol
You're just getting a jump on the real late game of warframe. Fashionframe is what it's all about in the end.

Oct 25, 2017
Ha

4EKz4dX.jpg

Congrats Ody on already reaching the true End Game for Warframe 👍

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Gene

Oct 25, 2017
I just started playing a few days ago so I'm still pretty early on (working on the Saturn junction) but I'd love an invite to the clan while I catch up!
In game name is Herrsch

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I just started playing a few days ago so I'm still pretty early on (working on the Saturn junction) but I'd love an invite to the clan while I catch up!
In game name is Herrsch
You're at the Saturn junction and you started playing a few days ago? I started playing a couple of weeks ago and I'm not even there... Damn.... I need to step up my game! haha

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Since there's some fresh players in the thread I guess today is a good day to talk about Baro Ki'Teer and what he is!

Baro is this weirdo trader who shows up every other Friday. He sells things in a combination of Credits and his own special currency, Ducats. You get ducats by selling him your extra, unwanted Prime components that you've picked up in missions. Generally speaking, common (bronze) components are worth 15 Ducats, uncommons (silver) are 45-60, and rares are 100. Most of what Baro has is unique or had been featured in long-passed events. He appears Friday morning at 9 Eastern and hangs around for 48 hours. Each week generally has a new stockpile of things, but he will rotate through his inventory so nothing is truly gone forever.

There are two must buys this week if you can afford them. He has four rare mods that are commonly referred to as the Electric Dual Stat mods. They're extremely efficient mods for the benefits they give and are essential for several builds reaching their full potential. Jolt and Voltaic Strike are currently available only through Baro; Shell Shock and High Voltage can be farmed. Although it is much easier to buy them all from Baro, at 300 Ducats and 150k credits each that might be a high price.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Since there's some fresh players in the thread I guess today is a good day to talk about Baro Ki'Teer and what he is!

Baro is this weirdo trader who shows up every other Friday. He sells things in a combination of Credits and his own special currency, Ducats. You get ducats by selling him your extra, unwanted Prime components that you've picked up in missions. Generally speaking, common (bronze) components are worth 15 Ducats, uncommons (silver) are 45-60, and rares are 100. Most of what Baro has is unique or had been featured in long-passed events. He appears Friday morning at 9 Eastern and hangs around for 48 hours. Each week generally has a new stockpile of things, but he will rotate through his inventory so nothing is truly gone forever.

There are two must buys this week if you can afford them. He has four rare mods that are commonly referred to as the Electric Dual Stat mods. They're extremely efficient mods for the benefits they give and are essential for several builds reaching their full potential. Jolt and Voltaic Strike are currently available only through Baro; Shell Shock and High Voltage can be farmed. Although it is much easier to buy them all from Baro, at 300 Ducats and 150k credits each that might be a high price.
Ah so he's Xur... Got it! (lol)

Where is he? Physically I mean

I think my next level of Nightwave is giving me Ducats but I can't remember how much and not sure I'll have enough missions available to level up. I'll have to look at that in game later.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Where is he? Physically I mean

He gets a special icon on the navigation plane if you're zoomed all the way out to see all the planets. He's also in the activity tab on the top right and he sends an inbox message about where he is when he spawns. This week he's in the Mercury relay, just in front of the Hydroid statue. You can't miss him because he'll have a cluster of other players standing around.

That nightwave is 200 ducats. When you run out of missions to do it'll give you up to 2 more from previous weeks that you've missed (or it should, at least). If you're around later we can grind some prime crap along with the money for baro.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
He gets a special icon on the navigation plane if you're zoomed all the way out to see all the planets. He's also in the activity tab on the top right and he sends an inbox message about where he is when he spawns. This week he's in the Mercury relay, just in front of the Hydroid statue. You can't miss him because he'll have a cluster of other players standing around.

That nightwave is 200 ducats. When you run out of missions to do it'll give you up to 2 more from previous weeks that you've missed (or it should, at least). If you're around later we can grind some prime crap along with the money for baro.
Thanks... I can't remember which exactly but I know I already have a few Prime stuff that I got (I'm guessing) from relics... Considering how early I am still in the game... Do you think it would be worth it for me to vendor all that for Ducats since I probably won't need them for a while or should I still hang on to them?

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Thanks... I can't remember which exactly but I know I already have a few Prime stuff that I got (I'm guessing) from relics... Considering how early I am still in the game... Do you think it would be worth it for me to vendor all that for Ducats since I probably won't need them for a while or should I still hang on to them?

Hang on to one of each*, then decide whether to sell spares for Ducats (this is done in the relay, not from the inventory screen), or trade them for platinum with other players.

* (some weapons need two of some components; e.g. the Kronen Prime needs two blades and two handles, since it's a dual wield weapon. Warframes always need exactly one each of the blueprint, chassis, systems and neuroptics).

To help you decide whether to sell for Ducats or trade for plat, here's a REALLY useful Ducat-per-Platinum calculator:
Parts closer to the top (higher ducat / platinum ratio) should be sold for ducats; parts closer to the bottom should be traded for platinum.

To trade them for platinum (or, alternatively, to buy parts you want and can't be bothered to farm) you need to use the Warframe market (DE in their infinite wisdom decided not to implement an auction house for the game):
I would personally recommend trying to put together a Mesa and / or Chroma Prime; they're two of the easiest Primes to get all the parts for (the regular versions of each are actually harder to farm than the Primes), and the Prime looks are IMHO considerably better than the regular looks. You only need Mastery Rank 2 for Mesa Prime, too (Chroma Prime is 6).

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Cool thanks

I actually did the whole Chroma quest last night (to get the regular blueprint).

I also started getting missions where you get multiple types... Like it starts as a defense mission and then turns into a control or whatever the names are... Neat

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Cool thanks

I actually did the whole Chroma quest last night (to get the regular blueprint).

I also started getting missions where you get multiple types... Like it starts as a defense mission and then turns into a control or whatever the names are... Neat

Chroma is one of the biggest teases in the game, right next to Harrow. They give all of its blueprints, like, right at the start, almost before you even know what blueprints are, and you're like "oh, neat, all the blueprints, I guess I'm getting it soon".

Then one of the blueprints needs a fucking Saryn's Systems.

Saryn parts blueprints randomly drop from the boss of Sedna of all places. The boss itself requires that you accrue arena points first, every time you want to fight her. Suffice to say I'm 600+ hours in and I still haven't bothered to make regular Chroma. :P

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Chroma is one of the biggest teases in the game, right next to Harrow. They give all of its blueprints, like, right at the start, almost before you even know what blueprints are, and you're like "oh, neat, all the blueprints, I guess I'm getting it soon".

Then one of the blueprints needs a fucking Saryn's Systems.

Saryn parts blueprints randomly drop from the boss of Sedna of all places. The boss itself requires that you accrue arena points first, every time you want to fight her. Suffice to say I'm 600+ hours in and I still haven't bothered to make regular Chroma. :P
huh huh... huh huh... Totally understood what you just said

I got the gist of it lol

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
it's sort of wild to me how easy it is to get primes over their normal counterparts

The weirder thing to think about is that Chroma came out before Kela got her rework. She used to basically just be a heavy gunner with a few different attacks, but it was something you could power through and get the systems easily for.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
huh huh... huh huh... Totally understood what you just said

I got the gist of it lol

Hahah, yeah, but really, that's kind of my point! You get a blueprint (Chroma) super early on, which requires something (Saryn's Systems) that drops from a boss (Kela de Thaym) from a place (Sedna) you haven't heard of and won't get to visit for a looong time. Sedna and Eris are the furthest solar system bodies in the game, beyond even Pluto!

it's sort of wild to me how easy it is to get primes over their normal counterparts

The weirder thing to think about is that Chroma came out before Kela got her rework. She used to basically just be a heavy gunner with a few different attacks, but it was something you could power through and get the systems easily for.

That actually makes more sense to me than having one of the four Warframes themed after the basic elements of the game be 100x harder to get than the other three (and therefore make Chroma so much harder to build) for absolutely no discernible reason. Still weird if she was the boss of Sedna, but the whole arena points stuff is just rubbing salt in the wound.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Question for the game's veterans: are the electric damage / status chance mods that Baro is currently selling worth the ducats?

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I even bolded the "must buy" part of my post talking about them yesterday!

Wait, what?
*reads post*
*dies of embarrassment*

I was for some reason convinced that you posted about Baro before he actually showed up, and was a general "keep an eye of his wares" post, not specifically about what he has this week. Very sorry and thanks for the heads up.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
If anyone wants a taxi to kill a Silver Grove Specter for the nightwave weekly, PM me in the following hour or so, I have an apothic ready.
Incidentally, anyone knows if you can taxi others if these others haven't completed the Silver Grove quest?

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Heads up! There's an alert with an Orokin Reactor or Orokin Catalyst as a reward on Cinxia, Ceres, right now. If anyone needs a taxi there I'm in-game right now.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
If anyone wants a free ride to kill a grove specter for the Nightwave daily, we're online right now. We'll wait a bit yet.

Oct 25, 2017
Bit late but for future reference...

If you really want to 'maximize' value get a Nekros/Khora/etc and carve them up.

Descrate does work, but you can't carve the specters up so it's only one additional chance at loot. Khora's good but only a 45% chance at an extra drop.

I have neither; I do have Hydroid with pilfering swarm, but I've read conflicting reports on whether it works on specters or not.

Hydroid is probably the best frame to use as he can get a guaranteed extra drop. The tricky bit is his tentacles have to make the kill (it should be just if they're touching them, but specters are bugged or have some special rule attached to them) so make sure the rest of the team aren't trigger happy.

Best of course would be both a hydroid/khora and a nekros or two since they stack again.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Hydroid is probably the best frame to use as he can get a guaranteed extra drop. The tricky bit is his tentacles have to make the kill (it should be just if they're touching them, but specters are bugged or have some special rule attached to them) so make sure the rest of the team aren't trigger happy.

Thanks for the explanation, which also explains the conflicting reports about it. Something to keep in mind for the next time. :)

Best of course would be both a hydroid/khora and a nekros or two since they stack again.

Multiple Nekros would be redundant, wouldn't it?