• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Coming back after half a year and it's as overwhelming as if I'm playing for the first time, even at MR10. I will seriously need to sit down for one afternoon, wiki on one monitor , game on the other, pen and paper in hand. I still have no clue about the focus points or the arcane stuff. This game and its lore is fucking huge.

A few quick q's:

Is the Nightwave stuff still going on periodically or you can get all the rewards regardless of when you've started? Is it even worth doing anymore?
What is the meta at the moment?
What quests/things are people doing the most atm?
Is the Index still the go-to for credits?
Any new should-know-about important mods? Primed mods? New Frames? Weapons?

Last edited:

Blank

Oct 27, 2017
Coming back after half a year and it's overwhelming as if I'm playing for the first time, even at MR10. I will seriously need to sit down for one afternoon, wiki on one monitor , game on the other, pen and paper in hand. I still have no clue about the focus points or the arcane stuff.

A few quick q's:

Is the Nightwave stuff still going on periodically or you can get all the rewards regardless of when you've started? Is it even worth doing anymore?
What quests/things are people doing the most atm?
Is the Index still the go-to for credits?
Any new should-know-about important mods? Primed mods? New Frames? Weapons?

Nightwave is still going on, I don't recall when it's set to reset. They've "improved" it where if you finish all of the currently weekly objectives, you'll start to recover past objectives (up to 3 at a time) all the way from the start. So even if we're deep in the season already, you can still get all of this seasons awards provided you're willing to grind it out. If it's worth it? You can see all the awards. Really depends on where you are with Aura mods, Nitain, and how bad you need some umbra forma and shit. It's nice to do when you don't know what you really want to focus on.

Meta for what? Currently, Railjack is the latest "end game" but Eidolons, Profit Taker, ESO, Arbitrations, Sorties, Liches, and Fashion Frame are all still a thing. I'm hesitant to say anything about Railjack end game because a patch should be releasing soon that'll likely address much of what's considered meta. Meta hasn't changed on the others all that much.

Quest things - Depends on what you want. Grind out Liches for the exclusive Kuva weapons, ESO for focus farming, relic popping/prime geared, nightwave credits/ranking, Sorties, Arbitrations, Rail Jack, Eidolons/Arcanes... are all still a thing.

Index - Yes. Profit Taker if you have a fast enough group/strong enough solo.

Melee rework happened, how you build out your melee weapons is a bit different than before (reach isn't nearly as important now). Weapons have an exilus mod slot that's pretty unimportant unless you really like that main gun. Primed Animal Instinct is a thing (you may know/have this already, can't recall when it came out). I'm not a huge fan of Grendal, but Gauss and Wisp are solid. Kuva weapons happened.

Honestly, just dive in and get your sea legs back with Nightwave would be my recommendation. Not sure where you are with quests, but you can get started on Railjack (you have to build it and it takes... quite a bit of resources/credits). Side advice, send resource collectors to Jupiter to start collecting hexenon it's better than playing Disruption on Jupiter.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Nightwave is still going on, I don't recall when it's set to reset. They've "improved" it where if you finish all of the currently weekly objectives, you'll start to recover past objectives (up to 3 at a time) all the way from the start. So even if we're deep in the season already, you can still get all of this seasons awards provided you're willing to grind it out. If it's worth it? You can see all the awards. Really depends on where you are with Aura mods, Nitain, and how bad you need some umbra forma and shit. It's nice to do when you don't know what you really want to focus on.

Meta for what? Currently, Railjack is the latest "end game" but Eidolons, Profit Taker, ESO, Arbitrations, Sorties, Liches, and Fashion Frame are all still a thing. I'm hesitant to say anything about Railjack end game because a patch should be releasing soon that'll likely address much of what's considered meta. Meta hasn't changed on the others all that much.

Quest things - Depends on what you want. Grind out Liches for the exclusive Kuva weapons, ESO for focus farming, relic popping/prime geared, nightwave credits/ranking, Sorties, Arbitrations, Rail Jack, Eidolons/Arcanes... are all still a thing.

Index - Yes. Profit Taker if you have a fast enough group/strong enough solo.

Melee rework happened, how you build out your melee weapons is a bit different than before (reach isn't nearly as important now). Weapons have an exilus mod slot that's pretty unimportant unless you really like that main gun. Primed Animal Instinct is a thing (you may know/have this already, can't recall when it came out). I'm not a huge fan of Grendal, but Gauss and Wisp are solid. Kuva weapons happened.

Honestly, just dive in and get your sea legs back with Nightwave would be my recommendation. Not sure where you are with quests, but you can get started on Railjack (you have to build it and it takes... quite a bit of resources/credits). Side advice, send resource collectors to Jupiter to start collecting hexenon it's better than playing Disruption on Jupiter.
Thank you for the answer.

Maxing out the ranks of my inventory items while doing Nightwave and farming primed parts until Baro comes is the strategy at the moment. I'll hopefully reach MR11 as well. After that I'll look more into fucus, kuva and that stuff. Looks like I forma'd my Fragor Prime before the inactivity so I'll get it up to max rank in order to fit some primed mods. I also like the Lenz and have a +160% damage and +90% multishot riven for it but I need one more MR to unlock. I'm also quite low on credits so the Index is on the books as well.

This is the build I was using almost exclusively before my inactivity:
546M8sp.jpg

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Nightwave is still going on, I don't recall when it's set to reset.

Fan theory has been end of January but I don't think there's been a deadline set.

There isn't anything in particular that is so overbearingly strong that it is the true meta. Each different game mode might require a different team comp to be optimal, but you can usually get through most of it even in suboptimal situations once you learn the mechanics. In the general sense, Rhino and Saryn are probably some of the most useful Warframes. That Rhino build is totally fine.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Thank you for the answer.

Maxing out the ranks of my inventory items while doing Nightwave and farming primed parts until Baro comes is the strategy at the moment. I'll hopefully reach MR11 as well. After that I'll look more into fucus, kuva and that stuff. Looks like I forma'd my Fragor Prime before the inactivity so I'll get it up to max rank in order to fit some primed mods. I also like the Lenz and have a +160% damage and +90% multishot riven for it but I need one more MR to unlock. I'm also quite low on credits so the Index is on the books as well.

This is the build I was using almost exclusively before my inactivity:

9k credits, I've been there, ugh. Add me in-game (WeltallZero) and drop me a PM when I'm online, I'll carry you through a couple games of index for a few easy hundred Ks.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
so what's the pc railjack hotfix like? did they make the experience worse?

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't learn about the ivara intrinsic stealth farm until yesterday. However I found it so boring farming like that I only got 16 intrinsic out of it.

so what's the pc railjack hotfix like? did they make the experience worse?
I haven't tried it myself, but I'm reading a lot of worrying things about Cryophon now.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't learn about the ivara intrinsic stealth farm until yesterday. However I found it so boring farming like that I only got 16 intrinsic out of it.

I haven't tried it myself, but I'm reading a lot of worrying things about Cryophon now.

if archguns got nerfed as bad as it sounds then i'm probably off railjack for good

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
These RJ changes sounds absolutely yikes.

Haven't touched it since release day, guess I'll hold off a bit longer.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
They buffed most weapons, made enemies less bullshit to kill, and increased drops across the board. But that's yikes?

Like I get being sad about the Cryophon but their rationale is sound.

My sarcasm above aside, I have to say the patch notes themselves seem promising indeed. If all the backlash is about the Cryophon it can be safely ignored I guess; there's always people who don't care for the concept of balance and only worry about their optimal build being rightfully nerfed.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
They feel fine? I don't think there was any real change to them, other than the armor changes to the enemies. So it actually feels like the archguns can do something against the Veil enemies now.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
9k credits, I've been there, ugh. Add me in-game (WeltallZero) and drop me a PM when I'm online, I'll carry you through a couple games of index for a few easy hundred Ks.
Thanks for the offer but I've already sorted it :D. Got myself a booster and ran the Index.

Is there a ResetEra clan on PC? I'd like to join if possible.

EDIT: Ingame name is TriceMurda

Last edited:

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
They feel fine? I don't think there was any real change to them, other than the armor changes to the enemies. So it actually feels like the archguns can do something against the Veil enemies now.
My phaedra, imperator vandal and cyngas actually take longer to kill enemies due to the changes to the elements. So they were indeed nerfed indirectly. Plus they should have buffed the other RJ weapons instead of nerfing Cryo. People have done the math and enemies have more EHP now than before.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
That's wild. Everything feels like it's doing more? Like I'm definitely seeing faster clears on the missions. The ships aren't getting stuck in one horde of fliers for a long time, it's clearing out the squad and moving on to spawn the next one. Although I've read that the currently some damage conversion might not be working correctly so maybe that's what's up with the archwings at least.

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
That's wild. Everything feels like it's doing more? Like I'm definitely seeing faster clears on the missions. The ships aren't getting stuck in one horde of fliers for a long time, it's clearing out the squad and moving on to spawn the next one. Although I've read that the currently some damage conversion might not be working correctly so maybe that's what's up with the archwings at least.
It's weird, I don't know, but from what I've played yesterday it's taking me longer to kill enemies ships/disabling crewships. I could destroy ships with half a clip from the Phaedra before but now depending on the distance I almost need a full clip to end them (That's being close to them, if I'm far from, maybe not even one full clip). For me it's the complete opposite, it's taking longer to complete missions.
I have a 95 avionics capacity reactor and every good avionic maxed, my cryo had 16k damage and now has 6.9k, that's a significant decrease in damage for a weapon that's supposed to work like a space shotgun. This update made the whole RJ part of the game worse from what I've experienced. Maybe it's a bug but so far what I tested yesterday... it doesn't fell right.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Why did the value of legendary fusion cores drop down so low to 150 plat? Before my inactivity you could sell them for 300 and flip them via 4 star anasas to get twice the endo. Shame

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017

I can say for a fact my slash focused cyngas took a hit. Everything but outriders took three magazines worth of ammo (riven reduces mine to 12 shots per mag), but now it's four or more with the odd exception of outriders which now take less time.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're doing a lot of Reactor/Catalyst rewards, is this common around this time of year?

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
The Index is mind numbing as ever. Managed to pick up 16 mil creds over the weekend with a booster.

There are sadly few parts of Warframe that aren't mind numbing. It's the perfect game to play when you're too tired to do anything else including watching TV.

It's truly tragic because it has so much that it does not just well, but better than almost any other game. It has the best movement out of pretty much any game I've played. Art is consistently fantastic. The "rule of cool" design philosophy is one I'm 200% behind. The setting is pretty great and the few story beats are very interesting. Railjack is such a cool mix of mechanics. But then it shits the bed almost every time it tries to provide any kind of challenge that isn't "a million enemies", "invulnerable enemies", "sponge bullets" or "enemies kill you in one hit". It still has absolutely bottom tier AI that doesn't even try to path correctly and instead just teleports vertically. And of course let's not get started on the bugs. Digital Extremes couldn't have a more fitting game, because Warframe is truly a game of wild extremes in quality.

Last edited:

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
There are sadly few parts of Warframe that aren't mind numbing. It's the perfect game to play when you're too tired to do anything else including watching TV.
True dat. I usually listen to music/podcasts while playing the game. I'm basically on autopilot the entire time lol, bar during some of the quests. Really interested in seeing this game in 5 years time. I feel like this is the game I can play forever and never get completely bored of it.

It's truly tragic because it has so much that it does not just well, but better than almost any other game. It has the best movement out of pretty much any game I've played. Art is consistently fantastic. The "rule of cool" design philosophy is one I'm 200% behind. The setting is pretty great and the few story beats are very interesting. Railjack is such a cool mix of mechanics. But then it shits the bed almost every time it tries to provide any kind of challenge that isn't "a million enemies", "invulnerable enemies", "sponge bullets" or "enemies kill you in one hit". It still has absolutely bottom tier AI that doesn't even try to path correctly and instead just teleports vertically. And of course let's not get started on the bugs. Digital Extremes couldn't have a more fitting game, because Warframe is truly a game of wild extremes in quality.

Yeah the endgame seems lacking. I can't really comment on it since there's still a lot of stuff for me to try, but from what others say, there's basically no end game. But, I'm hopeful DE will figure something out, even by learning from mistakes.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
True dat. I usually listen to music/podcasts while playing the game. I'm basically on autopilot the entire time lol, bar during some of the quests. Really interested in seeing this game in 5 years time. I feel like this is the game I can play forever and never get completely bored of it.

Yeah, I guess this is why my SO and I enjoy playing together in the same room. When the concentration required is low we can just chat about whatever.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Fomorian and Razorback events progress when an invading faction captures a node. It just so happened that both those events started within days of one another.
Sure but outside of the events I feel recent invasions and alerts have had them more frequently? Or I'm just paying more attention to invasions in the last month ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Nah, build optimization isn't really important until around Saturn. You'll probably have a better time just trying stuff out and asking here or in the discord on minor questions.

I also suggest checking out Dappermuffin's handbook that I linked in the first post even though it is several updates out of date.

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
Reb just announced that in this week's update they'll change al the values for reactors. So don't discard any reactor yet as they will be rerolled with the new values.

Here's what Reb said:

"This is a broad post that touches on something that appears throughout the 40 pages here. Simplified sentiment: 'Avionics Capacity limitations are too punishing'. This week's Hotfix will speak specifically to that with global buffs for all Reactor types found in the wild. Any existing gear you have will simply be re-rolled for Avionics capacity, which will automatically be a buff in all cases (note: the Vidar III which has just compressed its top-end entirely to not have the 30-100 range, it's now 90-100, but it will not give you lower rolls if you had one in the 90-100 range before this change).

The coming number changes:

- Lavan Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 20 to 30 (from 10 to 20)
- Lavan Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 50 to 60 (from 10 to 40)
- Lavan Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 80 to 90 (from 20 to 70)
- Vidar Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 30 to 40 (from 10 to 25)
- Vidar Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 60 to 70 (from 20 to 50)
- Vidar Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 90 to 100 (from 30 to 100)
- Zetki Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 10 to 20 (from 5 to 10)
- Zetki Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 40 to 50 (from 5 to 30)
- Zetki Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 70 to 80 (from 10 to 50)

Just dropping this note here so folks are prepared for this specific change as we work on more major fixes and changes! "