• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
The same mistake the always make but at least theres has been some time since they rebalance more quickly, weeks over years now.

I don't even think it's a mistake at this point; it follows a typical pattern (also used by other devs) of making new playable content grindier and new paid content better than everything else in the game, to keep players both hooked and paying. They then say "we messed up" and tone it back down to reasonable levels, but not before people have been grinding the hell out and shelling out for e.g. instant repair drones. The exact same thing happened with Kuva Liches because they needed them to keep people playing until they released Railjack.

It's not even as bad as many other games, especially (but not exclusively!) other free to play ones. Even in Railjack, you can easily complete all the current content with dojo sigma components (I know, because I have); the high avionics capacity reactors are just for making your railjack overpowered and grinding the intrinsics that, again, aren't really needed for anything.

The fact they're cutting down on the Railjack grind already might mean there's new content close in the pipeline, but who knows.

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
So how does one host a RJ mission? I tried to start one from the star chart and it kicked everyone in the group into separate groups.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
So how does one host a RJ mission? I tried to start one from the star chart and it kicked everyone in the group into separate groups.

If you start a mission from within your railjack (either from the dojo or using the airlock in your orbiter), you'll host. Anyone in your group should join it automatically; if they're kicked that might be because of connection issues.

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
If you start a mission from within your railjack (either from the dojo or using the airlock in your orbiter), you'll host. Anyone in your group should join it automatically; if they're kicked that might be because of connection issues.
Oh I see, using the star chart is for match making only then, got it.
I had no clue about the airlock either, thanks.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Oh I see, using the star chart is for match making only then, got it.
I had no clue about the airlock either, thanks.

Sure thing.

So today I finally killed my (first) Kuva Lich... and of course the game froze at the end of the animation. Apparently it's a common bug that, of course, hasn't been resolved yet.
I'm fucking sick of this game. It's very hard to enjoy it when pretty much every single cool or unique moment is marred by bugs.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
It is disappointing, it's happened a lot at the tail end of the year here for development. At least with Fortuna we could see passed the bugs because holy shit it's Fortuna and look at all this stuff.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
It is disappointing, it's happened a lot at the tail end of the year here for development. At least with Fortuna we could see passed the bugs because holy shit it's Fortuna and look at all this stuff.

This game seriously needs a year of "just bugfixes", then at least two more of "just adding content to the systems that are already there"; also a few months in there of "just tutorials". But it's not going to happen because a) that's boring for the devs, and b) they've convinced themselves that this would cause their numbers to plummet.

Railjack is a microcosm of Warframe. Amazing system rife with potential; one single mission type, vs one faction, with a handful of ship types; and of course, bugs everywhere. I was frankly dismayed when I realized every single mission in the RJ star chart is essentially the same mission except for the random extra objectives (which are themselves nearly identical). Warframe is overflowing with systems and starving for content and polish; their indulgence making new systems and abandoning them has to stop at some point or it will buckle under its own weight (arguably it already is).

I mean, look at WoW. It may not be the most creative game on the face of the Earth, but it pulls incredible numbers for a freaking decade and a half old game, and they do this by adding content, content, content... and then the odd system. Warframe does the exact opposite, and frankly it seems profoundly ADHD; like the devs have no confidence in any one system standing on its own, so they don't dare dedicate more than a few months to fleshing it out before moving on to the next shiny thing. Archwing is downright embarrassing in the way there's only a handful of missions, how they just stop after Neptune, how they're completely forgotten and removed from the rest of the game with no Nightwave or fissures, etc.

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Seems DE are planning to change the ephemera drop on the anomaly to a token based system, based on an XB1 hotfix just now:
  • Tenebrous Ephemera Removal and Future Acquisition:
    • TEMPORARILY removed the Tenebrous Ephemera as a drop from Reinforced Sentient Containers aboard the Sentient Anomaly in Veil Proxima. The drop method is causing numerous issues in terms of connectivity stability and player frustration. We're going to be changing the acquisition method that won't involve a direct drop rate in a near future Hotfix/Update, and will instead be closer to a token system (complete X Anomaly missions to buy Ephemera from a vendor).
      • The Tenebrous Ephemera will be coming back as soon as possible in a better acquisition method

I don't think this has happened on PC yet though, as I don't recall this info in any patch there yet. I would love to know the abort stats whenever the anomaly appears!

Oct 25, 2017
I assume 'connectivity stability' means hosts leaving when they didn't get a rare drop. What a dumb system. People have been suggesting this change for some of the other ephemera for so long.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
This game seriously needs a year of "just bugfixes", then at least two more of "just adding content to the systems that are already there"; also a few months in there of "just tutorials". But it's not going to happen because a) that's boring for the devs, and b) they've convinced themselves that this would cause their numbers to plummet.

Railjack is a microcosm of Warframe. Amazing system rife with potential; one single mission type, vs one faction, with a handful of ship types; and of course, bugs everywhere. I was frankly dismayed when I realized every single mission in the RJ star chart is essentially the same mission except for the random extra objectives (which are themselves nearly identical). Warframe is overflowing with systems and starving for content and polish; their indulgence making new systems and abandoning them has to stop at some point or it will buckle under its own weight (arguably it already is).

I mean, look at WoW. It may not be the most creative game on the face of the Earth, but it pulls incredible numbers for a freaking decade and a half old game, and they do this by adding content, content, content... and then the odd system. Warframe does the exact opposite, and frankly it seems profoundly ADHD; like the devs have no confidence in any one system standing on its own, so they don't dare dedicate more than a few months to fleshing it out before moving on to the next shiny thing. Archwing is downright embarrassing in the way there's only a handful of missions, how they just stop after Neptune, how they're completely forgotten and removed from the rest of the game with no Nightwave or fissures, etc.

Point B is potentially what's going to slowly kill this game with endless feature creep. They get their numbers up with the hype cycles these updates and announcements of updates bring but 1 or 2 more updates like the last one and people are going to stop caring until they deliver with some semblance of what was presented. More importantly they have to figure out a balance.

What kills me was how rapidly the game improved for that six or so months they tackled alot of old bugs and added QoL improvements right up before they changed up the UI...the UI that hid too much information for no good reason because it feels like an artist had sole discretion on it.

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
The PC update that just dropped is what we need more of. Lots of nice balances changes and that stupid fucking method to get the epherma is gone.

Also is that hydroid deluxe I see? 👀

My 53 Vidar is now a 93 one and my 95 vidar is now a 99 vidar. So I welcome these changes a lot.

Yeah that's Ivara Deluxe, has been shown previously twice (now it seems to be finished).

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also is that hydroid deluxe I see? 👀
ivara deluxe

ECL-O07WsAIEWq9.jpg

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
It's kind of hilarious how some of these changes underscore that they don't seem to have a clue what they're doing sometimes. Like:
Increased the Range of Winged Cyclone, Winged Force, Winged Steel, and Winged Storm to 1000m.
For context, they were all below 100m before, making them completely useless since 100m in Archwing missions is basically standing on top of the Railjack. How the fuck did these ranges go live to begin with?

I have to at least give it to them, they're fixing stuff at a moderately good pace. A couple years like this and no new content and Warframe will be bug-free. :P

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
They really don't, unless they can somehow observe a paralel dimension where Warframe actually took the time to polish its systems and flesh them out with content.

I believe they compared past updates that didn't have substantial content (such as adding a weapon or two) while doing more fixes and that's where they're drawing the conclusion.

don't get me wrong, I'm firmly in the fix yo shit camp. But they have their reasoning and it's not just pulled from the ether.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I believe they compared past updates that didn't have substantial content (such as adding a weapon or two) while doing more fixes and that's where they're drawing the conclusion.

don't get me wrong, I'm firmly in the fix yo shit camp. But they have their reasoning and it's not just pulled from the ether.

Well, I'm advocating precisely for adding content (as opposed to more systems). Especially for the systems that they've pretty much dropped like a baby at a doorstep (like archwing), but also more enemy types, more behaviour patterns (and better AI), meaningful bosses, etc.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Plague Star event is a go for the next two weekends! Get those Infested Zaw components!

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Lotus very generous today. 1 million credits, 1 shotgun riven and a weapon potato.

I just got the Acceltra and I'm loving it, potatoed it instantly, Mesa Prime as well.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Getting the kitgun is a bit of pain in the ass. Funnily enough, when I was mining for gems and ore, somehow the game decided to give me a shit ton of gems. I got like seventy 1000 standing gems from only 2 blue veins. Is it possible it was a bug or my pet somehow gave me a buff? I got a shit ton of gems and ore in 5 minutes and I wasn't even that precise with the minigames. It was way more than I was used to getting.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Kavat doubler stacks with other doublers and itself. It's possible you managed to hit the rare "777" event of having a Resource Doubler from the stream and your Kavat proccing its booster followed by it proccing its booster again while the first one was still active.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Kavat doubler stacks with other doublers and itself. It's possible you managed to hit the rare "777" event of having a Resource Doubler from the stream and your Kavat proccing its booster followed by it proccing its booster again while the first one was still active.
Makes sense. Can't complain lol

These infested on PoE are so annoying. Can't even fish in peace

Pantaghana

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Croatia
While intrinsic farming I found a reinforced crate, first one I found in railjack. What did I get out of it?

300x Dirac, 6x Trachons.
ಠ_ಠ

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Typically those are supposed to have a booster too that only lasts 30 minutes, so I don't always notice when I get them.

They're also so rare that there isn't much reason to hunt them for the rewards they have, but it's typically a nice surprise when you pop one open or are looking for the components to that one ship that drops from them that no one uses because the Liset's air support is godlike for missions.

Last edited:

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Their whole point is to pad out the reward table.

Which needs to be padded... why? What is the reasoning that rewards for the exact same mission need to occassionally be itsfuckingnothing.gif on every possible context, on top of the RNG of getting rewards you, specifically, don't want (which is often)? This is just braindead design that adds nothing at all to the game except needless frustration.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Which needs to be padded... why? What is the reasoning that rewards for the exact same mission need to occassionally be itsfuckingnothing.gif on every possible context, on top of the RNG of getting rewards you, specifically, don't want (which is often)? This is just braindead design that adds nothing at all to the game except needless frustration.

Just to add grind for the sake of grind, I guess. Makes no sense to me either.

Pantaghana

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Croatia
Reward for effort/time spent is one of Warframe's biggest flaws since... ever.

The Grineer Exo units are among the toughest and deadliest enemies in the game.
What do they drop? The exact same shit as Grineer on Earth.

Can they drop some other mod that's been available for a while but is extremely rare, like Four Riders? Four Riders is a 0.67% drop from Manics, an enemy that you almost never see.
Why not give that to Elite Exo Lancers? Nah, instead it drops from galleon Captains at a whopping 1.67% drop chance.
The worst part is that that mod isn't good enough to warrant being so rare. It's just a stance for an already underused weapon type.
Oh, and what else do galleon Captains drop at a 1.67% chance? 80 Endo.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Reward for effort/time spent is one of Warframe's biggest flaws since... ever.

The Grineer Exo units are among the toughest and deadliest enemies in the game.
What do they drop? The exact same shit as Grineer on Earth.

Can they drop some other mod that's been available for a while but is extremely rare, like Four Riders? Four Riders is a 0.67% drop from Manics, an enemy that you almost never see.
Why not give that to Elite Exo Lancers? Nah, instead it drops from galleon Captains at a whopping 1.67% drop chance.
The worst part is that that mod isn't good enough to warrant being so rare. It's just a stance for an already underused weapon type.
Oh, and what else do galleon Captains drop at a 1.67% chance? 80 Endo.

Yeah, the RJ Grineer troops drops are ridiculous, and exhibit #91029474 of "DE just doesn't give a fuck unless it's literally broken, and then it's a 50/50 chance". It's also ridiculous that no archwing mods drop in RJ, and instead you need to farm braindead missions because of course fuck implementing any Archwing missions past Neptune.

The "more kills = more rewards and affinity" philosophy that makes low level missions the most efficient way to farm nearly everything is one of the worst issues with Warframe. They only have themselves to blame for a community that expects everything to die in one hit.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Their whole point is to pad out the reward table.

You can do that with rewards with appropriate value. 1k credits is literally nothing. You can break open a few chests through collateral damage at the beginning of an exterminate and get that in your sleep through vaccuum...not actually going after 1k credits mind you. 30 endo needs to be 300 endo. This is made worse through lack of reward scaling.

You can do that with rewards with appropriate value. 1k credits is literally nothing. You can break open a few chests through collateral damage at the beginning of an exterminate and get that in your sleep through vaccuum...not actually going after 1k credits mind you. 30 endo needs to be 300 endo. This is made worse through lack of reward scaling.
So much this, they should be rewards not casual drops.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Is it worth it getting into Railjack stuff at the moment? Will they be changing anything soon? I'm a detonite injector away from the railjack cephalon