• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
btw, any newish people doing nightwave stuff should make sure to pick up corrosive projection from the cred offerings this week

it's the most important aura in the game

Oct 25, 2017
Pyrana prime + Arcane velocity/Wisp boost + Arcane pistoleer vs horde of infested and hemocyte is quite posiibly the most fun I've had in this game. Everything just disappears in a mist of numbers.

Can they drop some other mod that's been available for a while but is extremely rare, like Four Riders? Four Riders is a 0.67% drop from Manics, an enemy that you almost never see.
Why not give that to Elite Exo Lancers? Nah, instead it drops from galleon Captains at a whopping 1.67% drop chance.
The worst part is that that mod isn't good enough to warrant being so rare. It's just a stance for an already underused weapon type.
Oh, and what else do galleon Captains drop at a 1.67% chance? 80 Endo.

Didn't realise Four Riders was being dropped by more things now. You almost had me excited, it's one of only four mods I'm missing. Had a look at the drop tables and of course they only have a 3% chance of dropping a mod making it effectively 0.05%. I think I'll just stick to the occasional transmuting binge and keep my fingers crossed.

That mod and regular Sure Footed are absolutley baffling to me with how rare they are.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Pyrana prime + Arcane velocity/Wisp boost + Arcane pistoleer vs horde of infested and hemocyte is quite posiibly the most fun I've had in this game. Everything just disappears in a mist of numbers.

Didn't realise Four Riders was being dropped by more things now. You almost had me excited, it's one of only four mods I'm missing. Had a look at the drop tables and of course they only have a 3% chance of dropping a mod making it effectively 0.05%. I think I'll just stick to the occasional transmuting binge and keep my fingers crossed.

That mod and regular Sure Footed are absolutley baffling to me with how rare they are.

Four riders seems to be a measly 15 plat in the market; if you're into completionism, getting it there seems infinitely less trouble than actually farming it.

Farming Balor Fomorian for the mods passively gets you a lot of potential plat in Imperator Vandal parts; a Stock alone sells for 20-25 plat. :)

Oct 25, 2017
Four riders seems to be a measly 15 plat in the market; if you're into completionism, getting it there seems infinitely less trouble than actually farming it.

Farming Balor Fomorian for the mods passively gets you a lot of potential plat in Imperator Vandal parts; a Stock alone sells for 20-25 plat. :)

Eh, it's the principle. I don't actively farm it because of the ridiculous drop rate, but after a certain length of time you think it would drop naturally. Besides, why spend plat on a mod when I can put it towards a shiny new cape!

RicJFNas

Oct 28, 2017
I'm building my own Railjack, didn't realise there were so many parts and the huge amount of resources I would need. I have most of everything, got 4 parts done, but I lack credits now, and I'm not looking forward to farm those Argon Crystals.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I'm building my own Railjack, didn't realise there were so many parts and the huge amount of resources I would need. I have most of everything, got 4 parts done, but I lack credits now, and I'm not looking forward to farm those Argon Crystals.

The Argon Crystal farm is not as bad as it seems, since you can bank the crystals on the construction console so that they don't decay. Using Hydroid it took me a couple of 20-wave missions or so.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Eh, it's the principle. I don't actively farm it because of the ridiculous drop rate, but after a certain length of time you think it would drop naturally. Besides, why spend plat on a mod when I can put it towards a shiny new cape!

Fair enough. I'm kind of surprised you have all but 4 mods in the game without actively farming, I must be missing like half of the mods. :D Granted, I'm a relatively recent player.

RicJFNas

Oct 28, 2017
The Argon Crystal farm is not as bad as it seems, since you can bank the crystals on the construction console so that they don't decay. Using Hydroid it took me a couple of 20-wave missions or so.

I forgot about that thing with Hydroid, do you know which region gives the most? As for credits, I suppose I'l just have to get them normally.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I forgot about that thing with Hydroid, do you know which region gives the most? As for credits, I suppose I'l just have to get them normally.

There are several frames that can increase drops, and as of now, several categories stack (e.g. Hydroid with Pilfering Swarm doesn't stack with another Hydroid nor, I think, Korra, but it does stack with Nekros' Desecrate). As for region, I don't think there's a lot of difference so pretty much any Void defense mission will do. Void fissure / relic variants (or, really, any void fissure mission in the Void, ironically) are rare, but the resource increases from multiple waves are great.

For credits, of course, Index is still the best way. Wait until you get a credit booster from the daily login rewards, and go nuts.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Plague Star is a mind-numbing exercise in speedrunning, but I don't really mind. The stage rewards are decent, the standing items are great as well. The biggest issue is running out of iradite and stuff to build the blue stuff. With a public lobby we get 2x4/4 done under 10 minutes so it's great. Soma Prime and Rhino damage buff shreds the Hematocyte.

I even have time to mine a couple of gems are look for the resources to build the blue shit. All under 10 mins.

I've been stockpiling standing, what do you guys suggest I splurge it on? A couple of copies of all the Zaw items? Gems? Forma? This is my first Plague Star event.

RicJFNas

Oct 28, 2017
There are several frames that can increase drops, and as of now, several categories stack (e.g. Hydroid with Pilfering Swarm doesn't stack with another Hydroid nor, I think, Korra, but it does stack with Nekros' Desecrate). As for region, I don't think there's a lot of difference so pretty much any Void defense mission will do. Void fissure / relic variants (or, really, any void fissure mission in the Void, ironically) are rare, but the resource increases from multiple waves are great.

For credits, of course, Index is still the best way. Wait until you get a credit booster from the daily login rewards, and go nuts.

Thanks, I should be set then. I just wish it didn't take 12 hours to research the parts.

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
I've been stockpiling standing, what do you guys suggest I splurge it on? A couple of copies of all the Zaw items? Gems? Forma? This is my first Plague Star event.

For mastery, get one of each Zaw strike, Snipetron, and Ether Daggers BPs. I'd pick up the mods too as you can only get them during PS. The exodias if you like the sound of what they do (10 needed for a fully ranked arcane as usual).

Built formas are always nice to have, but I wouldn't spend any on wisps, gems, or fish parts, as those are pretty easy to get through normal play.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Phew that's enough of Plague Star for now. Got 2 of each Zaw part, the snipetron, 2 of each mod, 20 of each gem and 13 forma. The rest of the standing I earn will go to the exodias and forma.

Last edited:

Pantaghana

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Croatia
The wiki said it was obtained in the Dark Sector? Which is accessible through solar rails? I may have misunderstood then
The Orokin lab and Solar Rails are a relic of the previous Dark Sector system.

Dark Sectors used to be accessed through rails built and operated by clans, and those clans could set a material and credit tax. Clans could also fight over a rail and there were invasion style missions like you have now with Grineer and Corpus, but you would side for a clan.

The invasion missions themselves went through multiple iterations.
The first version it was PvP, with everyone starting with a rank 0 frame and weapons which would level up over the course of a single mission and as your gear leveled up your mods would come online. It was an unbalanced bullshit mess that was also fun in its own way. Unless there was an Ash or Valkyr on the opposing team, then it was just bullshit.
Eventually it was changed to be more like regular invasions, but the tileset was the Orokin Tower and occasionally NPC specters based on members of the clan you were fighting against would spawn in.

The system had major and minor changes throughout, at the very start there was no armistice period after a Rail was won over or successfully defended, and there was no way to play the normal mission while a Rail was contested, so some Rails that granted access to popular Dark Sectors were constantly under invasion and the sectors were inaccessible for weeks. Fun times.

There's a bit more to the story but those are the interesting bits in my opinion.
Eventually DE got tired of maintaining that shitshow, retired clan operated Rail system and so now Dark Sectors are just regular nodes on the map.

[EDIT]
Re-reading this it's hard to believe half the shit I wrote actually happened, kinda feels like a half forgotten fever dream that happened half a decade ago.
*checks calendar*
jesuschrist

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Orokin lab and Solar Rails are a relic of the previous Dark Sector system.

Dark Sectors used to be accessed through rails built and operated by clans, and those clans could set a material and credit tax. Clans could also fight over a rail and there were invasion style missions like you have now with Grineer and Corpus, but you would side for a clan.

The invasion missions themselves went through multiple iterations.
The first version it was PvP, with everyone starting with a rank 0 frame and weapons which would level up over the course of a single mission and as your gear leveled up your mods would come online. It was an unbalanced bullshit mess that was also fun in its own way. Unless there was an Ash or Valkyr on the opposing team, then it was just bullshit.
Eventually it was changed to be more like regular invasions, but the tileset was the Orokin Tower and occasionally NPC specters based on members of the clan you were fighting against would spawn in.

The system had major and minor changes throughout, at the very start there was no armistice period after a Rail was won over or successfully defended, and there was no way to play the normal mission while a Rail was contested, so some Rails that granted access to popular Dark Sectors were constantly under invasion and the sectors were inaccessible for weeks. Fun times.

There's a bit more to the story but those are the interesting bits in my opinion.
Eventually DE got tired of maintaining that shitshow, retired clan operated Rail system and so now Dark Sectors are just regular nodes on the map.
Ohh
Thanks for the explanation!

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
The wiki said it was obtained in the Dark Sector? Which is accessible through solar rails? I may have misunderstood then

Dark Sectors were only accessible through solar rails, but when the system was removed they were made accessible normally. They're the nodes that have infested in non-infested planets and give extra % of affinity, resources, etc.

Edit: Thanks for the explanation, Pantaghana. I'm pretty new to Warframe so I missed all of that. So the stuff from the Orokin lab is completely useless, right? Can you allocate resources to it? It seems like you can and it would be a pretty nasty noob trap.

Pantaghana

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Croatia
Dark Sectors were only accessible through solar rails, but when the system was removed they were made accessible normally. They're the nodes that have infested in non-infested planets and give extra % of affinity, resources, etc.

Edit: Thanks for the explanation, Pantaghana. I'm pretty new to Warframe so I missed all of that. So the stuff from the Orokin lab is completely useless, right? Can you allocate resources to it? It seems like you can and it would be a pretty nasty noob trap.
Orokin Lab can research the Dragon Keys for Derelict vaults, those are pretty good. It can research some other stuff but it's all useless crap.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Re-reading this it's hard to believe half the shit I wrote actually happened, kinda feels like a half forgotten fever dream that happened half a decade ago.
*checks calendar*
jesuschrist

I remember the old days of fighting off ICE invasions on the best farming nodes. Then they started to offer 1-2 million credit rewards for people who supported their invasion and the dam finally broke.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
in hindsight I probably should have gotten more than 40 forma from plague star, but I just didn't feel like doing the event that much

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
in hindsight I probably should have gotten more than 40 forma from plague star, but I just didn't feel like doing the event that much

In hindsight, doing something you don't enjoy, for a virtual reward you will not probably need, is unlikely to be an efficient use of your time on Earth. :)

Seriously now, players optimizing away their own fun is a serious issue with game design. Players will almost always take the most efficient route to a game reward, even if it's much less enjoyable. Devs need to step up their game to prevent this (and Warframe is downright abysmal in this regard), but as players we should also try to avoid falling into that trap.

RicJFNas

Oct 28, 2017
I finally have my own Railjack, and boy do I wish it came with a tutorial, so much stuff you can do with that l had no idea it was there. Any tips on what should regarding it's upgrades?

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
I finally have my own Railjack, and boy do I wish it came with a tutorial, so much stuff you can do with that l had no idea it was there. Any tips on what should regarding it's upgrades?

Stick to Sigma MK3 upgrades available from the dojo, from which you can get the Tycho Seeker MK3 missiles which I rate as the best ordnance you can equip right now.

With hindsight, I would have avoided those to start with, and just repaired the best MK3 wreckage picked up in Veiled Proxima once you reach Intrinisic 7 in one of the disciplines. The additional stats they can bring are too useful to ignore.

RicJFNas

Oct 28, 2017
Stick to Sigma MK3 upgrades available from the dojo, from which you can get the Tycho Seeker MK3 missiles which I rate as the best ordnance you can equip right now.

With hindsight, I would have avoided those to start with, and just repaired the best MK3 wreckage picked up in Veiled Proxima once you reach Intrinisic 7 in one of the disciplines. The additional stats they can bring are too useful to ignore.

Thanks. Btw, from what l see, there are no story mission for Railjack yet, right?

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

Focus on creating a full set of MkIII Sigma equipment (the ones you can create from the dojo console) since it's the cheapest MkIII to make by far and will get you through pretty much all content. Skip MkI and II equipment entirely. Make a reactor first of all so that you can equip more avionics, then a couple turret weapons to be able to actually kill stuff.

Use Dirac to upgrade your avionics grid slots; these provide "free" levels to the avionics you install there. Also upgrade the avionics you want to install. They work pretty much like mods, except there's three versions of most avionics, with different stats, capacity cost, and upgrade levels. Zekti typically are the most costly in capacity but have the highest upgrade levels and therefore final stats. A Zekti Bulkhead will increase your ship's hull (HP) well above 4000.

Newbie trap: avionics can only be installed in their predetermined slots. The most restrictive are battle avionics, which can only be installed in a specific one of the three battle avionics slots (some can only be installed in slot 1, some in slot 2, and some in slot 3). These more or less correspond to your Warframe's abilities and can be activated while piloting or in a turret.

I'm assuming you already know how intrinsics work, but do ask if that's not the case.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

I mean, sure, but that means you don't get to pilot your own railjack for hours.

Thanks. Btw, from what l see, there are no story mission for Railjack yet, right?

There's one in Veil Proxima, but it's kind of hard to get. Do you have a Paracesis?

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, sure, but that means you don't get to pilot your own railjack for hours.

That's true, but I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything by tagging along on other players ships to do missions. Probably because I preferred doing the objectives outside the RJ more than flying it around. This might change when/if more customisation options come out for your own RJ to personalise them more.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
That's true, but I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything by tagging along on other players ships to do missions. Probably because I preferred doing the objectives outside the RJ more than flying it around. This might change when/if more customisation options come out for your own RJ to personalise them more.

You're not wrong, but at that point you might not want to bother with having a railjack at all. By the time you can make non-sigma MkIII stuff you're pretty much done with RJ content. :D

I have the blueprint for the weapon, still gotta research it. Do I need to start the mission?

Yep!

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do they keep breaking Adaptation? I'm getting downed early in ESO... I'm noticing one maybe two resistances if I'm lucky when I would likely have 3 or 4 frequently going. IIRC same thing happened a month or so ago.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Armor strip with Corrosive Projection or corrosive procs and maybe try something with Viral proccing to halve their health. They're not that much higher than sortie level 1 or 2 enemies though, it's the thralls that get extra health over the other units

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Glad for the Kuva lich changes, first attempt at getting one of the new weapons and got a hind with one of the ephemera I didn't have.

My only 3 complaints are mumur grind still sucks, it would nice to have them appear outside their own missions, and I wish we could quit tracking a lich. I got too autopilot and start a new lich without checking it's weapon. I tried to pause and alt+f4 during it's death animation but now I'm stuck having to kill it.