• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
So I guess you can only prestige in Nightwave once? Made it to 30 again and it didn't roll over.

I didn't know this, but you are 100% correct. Per the wiki:

Upon reaching the maximum rank, players can prestige and "reset" their rank to 0. Each subsequent rank-up will then only unlock 15 Cred, a special currency to be spent in Cred Offerings. Players can only reach up to rank 30 after prestige for a total of 60 ranks.

Particularly relevant for me as I'm rank 59 right now. Do we know when Intermission II ends?

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Can someone explain this UI quirk for me? Some items show "crafted" If I crafted them, but they don't have the checkmark to show that I own them. On some it's the other way around. So it's sometimes hard to tell if I have that item already, or I have the blueprint, or crafted it already (and therefore own it) ??

edit: This is the first Nightwave where I might actually complete it, it will still go next week right?

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Can someone explain this UI quirk for me? Some items show "crafted" If I crafted them, but they don't have the checkmark to show that I own them. On some it's the other way around. So it's sometimes hard to tell if I have that item already, or I have the blueprint, or crafted it already (and therefore own it) ??

edit: This is the first Nightwave where I might actually complete it, it will still go next week right?

For a blueprint, the checkmark means you own the blueprint, and "crafted" means you own the complete item.

The important note here is that both reflect actual, current inventory, meaning that:
- If you crafted the item, and therefore used up the blueprint, the blueprint will no longer have the checkmark.
- If you crafted the item, then spent it / sold it / lost it any other way, it will not show as "crafted".
- If you obtained the item any other way than crafting it, it will show as "crafted" even if you didn't actually craft it (this typically happens for stuff like fieldrons, etc.).

Additionally to this, the UI is inconsistent in that some screens (I don't remember exactly which ones right now) don't actually display owned / crafted status.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
For a blueprint, the checkmark means you own the blueprint, and "crafted" means you own the complete item.

The important note here is that both reflect actual, current inventory, meaning that:
- If you crafted the item, and therefore used up the blueprint, the blueprint will no longer have the checkmark.
- If you crafted the item, then spent it / sold it / lost it any other way, it will not show as "crafted".
- If you obtained the item any other way than crafting it, it will show as "crafted" even if you didn't actually craft it (this typically happens for stuff like fieldrons, etc.).

Additionally to this, the UI is inconsistent in that some screens (I don't remember exactly which ones right now) don't actually display owned / crafted status.
Well that makes a little bit more sense, thanks.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
lich changes are good, but it still doesn't help that the actual core loop is pretty boring.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
I think Bramma is the first self damaging weapon I'm a bit scared of using. Doing Requiem relic runs and there's so little room to shoot between the closed spaces and all my teammates jumping around me.

This bow without all its forma also does a nice job of making my Lenz with a nice Damage/multishot riven look like utter trash in the simulacrum.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I think Bramma is the first self damaging weapon I'm a bit scared of using. Doing Requiem relic runs and there's so little room to shoot between the closed spaces and all my teammates jumping around me.

Well, there's always this I guess:
I don't have it in regular or Kuva form so I don't know if self-killing is that big of a problem that the -15% to damage and mod slot / capacity are acceptable tradeoffs. On the flip side it's an exilus mod since 26.0.

Last edited:

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone able to invite me to the WF PC clan at somepoint? In game name is the same, just give me a time!

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Well, there's always this I guess:
I don't have it in regular or Kuva form so I don't know if self-killing is that big of a problem that the -15% to damage and mod slot / capacity are acceptable tradeoffs. On the flip side it's an exilus mod since 26.0.
It doesn't work on bows, but apparently there's a bow version of cautious shot coming. I've mostly gotten use to it's range in closed spaces anyways. I just use it with Wukong for the added insurnace, and remove my melee weapon so the celestial twin can use it too.

I think this might be my goto weapon for speed running exterminate missions. It's a bit faster than my usual staticor/melee spam. Plus I just one shotted a juggernaut with it in an axi relic run.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
is anything besides weeping wounds still worth farming from acolytes? maiming strike was nerfed, right?

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Now that there's no big money item old Maiming Strike prices it feels like the thrill is gone. Very rare 80 - 90 plat items are ok but I'm just not feeling motivated. I should have sold my last Maiming when they were kind of in demand. I haven't used a slide attack build in ages.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Still need an invite to the PC clan whenever someone is available! Just give me a heads up/time.

RicJFNas

Oct 28, 2017
Got recently an Equinox Prime, as well a Tiberon Prime, got Limbo Prime in the oven. But still no Paracesis, gotta get those ducats. Tried doing Railjack solo, but these mission really require a crew to complete.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Watching build videos - I am still missing essential mods it seems. I guess most of themcome from farming bosses?
Like ability buffs, where my max is pushing 140% - in videos I see above 200%.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Watching build videos - I am still missing essential mods it seems. I guess most of themcome from farming bosses?
Like ability buffs, where my max is pushing 140% - in videos I see above 200%.
Sounds like you might be missing some of the primed mods and/or corrupted mods. Primed mods are more or less straight upgrades from the normal versions, but they only come from trading with Baro Kiteer or login rewards. Corrupted mods come from the Orokin Derelict, and usually give a huge boost to one stat at the cost of another. For example, Narrow Minded increases your ability duration by up to 99%, but it also reduces your ability range by 66% at max.

Honestly they usually aren't a high priority unless you're doing higher-level content, or if you want to use a certain build that has to reach specific stat numbers to work. (An example off the top of my head would be an Excalibur built for Chromatic Blade, where you need to reach 180% power strength to get to 100% status chance, or a Speed Nova build where you need a corrupted mod to reduce your power strength below 100% so enemies speed up instead of slowing down.) You can almost always put together something a bit less powerful with mods that are easier to come by, and you'll get through most content just fine.

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
I just had to sell my 9.6k stored ducats and bought 3, sold 2 for 840 plat and kept 1 for myself. People are going crazy for them.

RicJFNas

Oct 28, 2017
Is there no other way to get this mod? The asking price tells me that it appears once every blue moon.

Pantaghana

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Croatia
Is there no other way to get this mod? The asking price tells me that it appears once every blue moon.
This is the first time this mod has been available to buy, the first and only time it was available before was as a prize to 1000 100 top scoring people in an event many years ago, making it the rarest mod in the game.

[EDIT]
Checked the wiki, was mistaken, only 100 were given out for the event

Last edited:

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
Reb said on the devstream that Baro will have it back again in the TennoCon relay. So if any of you can't get it now and you're thinking of buying the digital pack, you'll have access to it again around July.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i got it ha
turns out i was hoarding a bit and obtaining the remainder of ducats was fairly painless

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to get Atmo Systems from Profit Taker Phase 2 is very annoying. I'm getting everything but any of those systems. I just want to mess around with Baruuk, and thinking about it I may be better off farming ducats for that expensive mod to buy Baruuk with them instead... You know, I think I will.

Good talk chat.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I have so many relics, I never do them and when I do I solo them. I just had to keep going through them to get the 2.9k. Relic running is so dull, thankfully I have the picture in picture feature on firefox.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
titania op
ranking her up and a dex pixia viral build just shreds lol

...i bought her deluxe

Last edited:

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how much does negative status duration ruin this riven?

T41ARr8.png

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
how much does negative status duration ruin this riven?

T41ARr8.png

Got myself a -114,9% status duration riven and did a little testing.

Damage types and their status effects with negative duration:

Impact: staggers normally

Slash: effect nullified

Puncture: effect nullified

Cold: effect nullified

Electricity: chain attacks and stuns normally but no visible electricity

Heat: normal panic animation but no visible flame

Toxin: effect nullified

Blast: knockdowns normally but no visible explosion

Corrosive: decreases armor normally

Gas: effect nullified

Magnetic: effect procs, but lasts 0 seconds