• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
I thought that meant reduce incoming damage by 40% while in the air, but now that you mention it...

4755b0453dc72e4b12a0156b11eb51a5.jpg

Uh... did they mean to increase the damage for Titania while airborne? There's no upside there.
Really??? They gave AGGP the mod for razorwing?.

DE is weak and only responds to bulling (jk) confirmed lol

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Actually it sets the precedent that we could have universal vacuum and force people to use a mod to turn it off, I think. Or that's how I'd make the argument for that being in.

Really who's actually going to turn off their passives, especially nezha? The idea is very interesting though, and it would be fun to expand that to every warframe at some point. Different buffs or buff numbers maybe, though.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Really who's actually going to turn off their passives, especially nezha? The idea is very interesting though, and it would be fun to expand that to every warframe at some point. Different buffs or buff numbers maybe, though.
haven't played with it yet, but turning off zephyr's passive would probably make her significantly easier to control in indoor missions

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
does the rj portion of scarlet spear not have matchmaking?

nvm it does

Last edited:

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Yeah but the Zephyr one makes her FEEL different and now you can kick that for more power de style.

"Power Strength" is "Ability Strength", right? (yay inconsistent terminology). If so the +15% doesn't really offset losing a mod slot unless you were already using like every other +strength mod. I don't see anyone using this unless they really want the passive gone.

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know how to join a scarlet spear mission in progress, and not be the host? I go to the kiosks opposite each other to pick either RJ or ground assault, and was always made host. I'd prefer not to just now, as my net is being flaky.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Anyone know how to join a scarlet spear mission in progress, and not be the host? I go to the kiosks opposite each other to pick either RJ or ground assault, and was always made host. I'd prefer not to just now, as my net is being flaky.

This is something I really want to know too. Is it even possible? Both the ground missing and RJ mission I've played had no one else joining in.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i may be confused on wtf we're supposed to be doing... we're in the murex waiting for kill codes after deploying the beacon? back to back missions now where progress comes to a complete halt because we're not receiving any. literally standing and waiting for anything.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably going to skip the event unless they change the grind. Too much games to play at the moment.

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
The grind for this event is just too much. The same 2 missions a million times is literally the opposite of fun. I honestly would've loved if the New War vas a classic quest instead of what they're trying to do.

The "squad link" thing is beyond stupid, there's no positives for this, only negatives for people in space waiting until some other random player does the ground missions. Who was this for? Why did they waste time developing that? This operation being THE moment to show how squad link would be something good for the game... and instead we just have to wait doing nothing in space and at the most you just get to see a thumbnail of the person who received your code. Couldn't they have added small cutcenes for the teams in their missions or something?

This looks extremely uninspired tbh.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
That seems to be the general sentiment. They added a zero to the cost of the weapons compared to the devstream.
seems like for the last few big updates the priority has been on making sure people don't finish the content too quickly, even if it makes the game less fun and rewarding for players

Wait this has plot story?
there's a cutscene you can watch but you don't have to do the event to see it

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
Scarlet Spear is to put it in plain terms, a fucking disaster.

Warframe was the second game I installed on my day one PS4 and have been playing it continuous since then; I've never seen a content drop being so universally panned. Literally warframe partners and 7 year old vets outright say this is the most broken content drop in the history of the game, which echos my feelings and that is really saying something considering every content drop are already expected to be some what broken by the entire community.

The real fucking joke is they have the AUDACITY to make this a 4 weeks "limited time" event done purely to trigger people's FOMO, yet the entire event mechanic feels like a chopped up magazine that got all its pieces stapled back together out in the rain and everything is just a hot mess and falling apart.

DE's continuing practice of dropping half-assed semi working content to the community so the community will help them fix it will one day bite their ass so hard, they would cease to exist as a studio.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Scarlet Spear is to put it in plain terms, a fucking disaster.

Warframe was the second game I installed on my day one PS4 and have been playing it continuous since then; I've never seen a content drop being so universally panned. Literally warframe partners and 7 year old vets outright say this is the most broken content drop in the history of the game, which echos my feelings and that is really saying something considering every content drop are already expected to be some what broken by the entire community.

The real fucking joke is they have the AUDACITY to make this a 4 weeks "limited time" event done purely to trigger people's FOMO, yet the entire event mechanic feels like a chopped up magazine that got all its pieces stapled back together out in the rain and everything is just a hot mess and falling apart.

DE's continuing practice of dropping half-assed semi working content to the community so the community will help them fix it will one day bite their ass so hard, they would cease to exist as a studio.

Weirdly enough, as a relative newcomer (since last summer) I'm at least glad to get confirmation that the current content drops are not representative of Warframe's normal update cycle. I have a feeling I came aboard right after the last universally well-received content patch (Jovian Concord): the much anticipated Railjack (fun as its core mechanics are) is extremely handicapped by the lack of content and mission variations. In the case of Scarlet Spear in particular, the Railjack content is downright abysmal. From being forced to play alone in your own Railjack unless you pre-make the group (they patched that three hours ago, but how the fuck did that go through testing?), to the extremely simple and boring defense mission itself (even Anomaly "exterminate" missions were more fun), it's just awful. I much prefer the ground mission for many reasons, probably the weirdest one being that they are a surprisingly good source of apothic plant scans. :P

And, fine, they said they wanted to dedicate manpower to polish the core game and fix bugs. But I'm still getting the exact same bugs I've had for months, like regularly being unable to enter text via keyboard after using a controller until I perform a very specific and esoteric sequence (for those with the same issue, it's "Press Start, then L2, then X on the controller, then click the cancel button with the mouse"), or being forced back into Railjack turrets half of the times after dismounting them; and so on.

Frankly, DE seems to punch well under its weight for a company with 200+ employees.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
Weirdly enough, as a relative newcomer (since last summer) I'm at least glad to get confirmation that the current content drops are not representative of Warframe's normal update cycle. I have a feeling I came aboard right after the last universally well-received content patch (Jovian Concord): the much anticipated Railjack (fun as its core mechanics are) is extremely handicapped by the lack of content and mission variations. In the case of Scarlet Spear in particular, the Railjack content is downright abysmal. From being forced to play alone in your own Railjack unless you pre-make the group (they patched that three hours ago, but how the fuck did that go through testing?), to the extremely simple and boring defense mission itself (even Anomaly "exterminate" missions were more fun), it's just awful. I much prefer the ground mission for many reasons, probably the weirdest one being that they are a surprisingly good source of apothic plant scans. :P

And, fine, they said they wanted to dedicate manpower to polish the core game and fix bugs. But I'm still getting the exact same bugs I've had for months, like regularly being unable to enter text via keyboard after using a controller until I perform a very specific and esoteric sequence (for those with the same issue, it's "Press Start, then L2, then X on the controller, then click the cancel button with the mouse"), or being forced back into Railjack turrets half of the times after dismounting them; and so on.

Frankly, DE seems to punch well under its weight for a company with 200+ employees.

they released the exploiter orb without matchmaking a year ago too

Dakath

Oct 26, 2017
Have you or a loved one previously been exposed to Sentient Invasion? You may be entitled to compensation.

Scarlet Spear Scoring Changes & Fixes:
If you have accrued any Scarlet Credits, you will receive an Inbox upon login to grant you a duplicate of that amount. The duplicate amount of Scarlet Credits will be reflective of your total Scarlet Credit score over the entire Operation, regardless of if you spent any already.

For Example:
If you've earned 7,900 Scarlet Credits, you will receive an inbox with 7,900 more.

Operation: Scarlet Spear: Hotfix 27.3.4

Scarlet Spear: Hotfix 27.3.4 Scarlet Spear Scoring Changes & Fixes: If you have accrued any Scarlet Credits, you will receive an Inbox upon login to grant you a duplicate of that amount. The duplicate amount of Scarlet Credits will be reflective of your total Scarlet Credit score over the ent...

Akasaki

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get who in their right mind would design such a shitfest of a mission. I waited more than 20 minutes without receiving one code. It's beyond stupid to be locked like that. If codes are going to other players there should be an auto-code backup thing (maybe slower) so there's no wasted time.
And yes, there were people on earth sending codes, the yeallow chat was constantly updating. It's ridiculous.

Seriously, who thought this was good?

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I don't get who in their right mind would design such a shitfest of a mission. I waited more than 20 minutes without receiving one code. It's beyond stupid to be locked like that. If codes are going to other players there should be an auto-code backup thing (maybe slower) so there's no wasted time.
And yes, there were people on earth sending codes, the yeallow chat was constantly updating. It's ridiculous.

Seriously, who thought this was good?

I think the wisest thing you can do about this event is pretend there are no RJ missions. Just farm the ground one which is more entertaining and gives better rewards in the long run anyway. It even has a higher score cap if I remember correctly, so if you're going with the (playtime-optimal) strategy of just doing one mission with a high score then waiting for the next wave (as you get 2x your high score as an extra reward), it's better.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually having fun with the event as it is now, post-hotfixes

I am sorry, 2 straight hours of the exact same "mobile defense" is really not my definition of fun. May be I am just getting old...

If THIS is what DE need to do just to keep people "playing" their game, then the game is in more trouble than I imagined.

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
Actually I've had great success since they ran those hotfixes as well. Built up a nice stock of credits for when the rares and ultra rare arcanes drop, stocked up on relics because wow those drops went nuts, and yeah, had fun getting thanked by people in the relay chat for the ground mission. Rocky launch but it's fine now.

I wonder if they're going to add anything other than the missing arcanes.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
oh a pangolin sword riven. i guess i can keep if the prime turns out good and if not still sell for a decent price

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
We have added the Rare and Legendary Arcanes to Little Duck's Trade for 2000 Credits Per Rare and 4000 Credits Per Legendary.

Was very surprised at the cost. Thought they would be a lot more pricey, considering the increases to point scoring.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
corinth prime is pretty disappointing. having to manually trigger the airburst is bad even though it's supposed to give you more control. it's hard to track the projectile and it moves so fast that often you end up with it hitting the wall as a dud or pulling the trigger too early and firing another airburst shot instead. not to mention the bug where if you fire your last 4 bullets as an airburst it won't let you explode it because it goes into reload the gun.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i just spent 2 forma thinking winds of purity would work on dex furis and then another 2 on the base furis
fun times!

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
so I've actually been playing some mag because

and the sentients are robots

pretty good for the space missions

still haven't decided if I actually like mag or not

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
I've been using Hildryn. Turns out the sentients get stopped by her 4, except for the weird times when they don't and they just fly around.
i feel like i've had the same issue with counter pulse, now that you mention it

it works most of the time, and sometimes it just doesn't

there might be something weird with how the sentients are programmed

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Ember's Fire Blast broken? Enemies can be right in front of me and nothing. It being line of sight is also annoying.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I've been using Hildryn. Turns out the sentients get stopped by her 4, except for the weird times when they don't and they just fly around.

You weren't kidding, hahah. Even though I haven't even haver her at rank 30 or reactor'ed, I coasted easily to 16 Condrix in a group, and didn't get to 17 because the Murex retreated. Pillage is basically infinite shields when you're constantly surrounded by Sentients and particularly masses of weak Grineer that due to spawning far away don't die instantly to your squad's firepower, but the best part is how Haven makes it trivial to track and kill stray and hard-to-see sentients.

And just now making sure Pillage is indeed called Pillage, I learned that it cleanses status effects for you and your teammates. Is it just me or is Hyldrin a bit OP in general?