• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sneaky Gato

Oct 27, 2017
Now the question is if we will see the more obscure Men of Gold and Stone.

Also looking at the contents of the box makes it clear to me that the Chaos side is almost certainly foreshadowing an upcoming plastic Lost and the Damned range. Much like Silver Tower and Deathwatch: Overkill did.

It gives you HQs in the Chaos Lord and Rogue Psyker, troops in the Renegade kit and beastmen (though I think it would be cool if Beastmen became an option for loyalist troops as well since I don't see anything on them that screams chaos), and elites with the Negavolt Cultists and what I suspect will be some sort of CSM bodyguard unit. I suspect that much like Genestealer Cults it will have access to Imperial guard kits. Maybe even Mechanicus stuff if the Negavolt Cultists are anything to go by.

On the hero side the interesting ones are the Rogue Trader, the robot, and the Navigator since the rest are easily incorporated into existing lines. I could see these adding to the kits from the Rogue Trader box to form a new line.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Oh shit so that's an actual Man of Iron from that age. Cool to finally see one!

I do remember the story of Gaunt and his troops when they encountered an STC producing those, was quite neat.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017

GW has a Let's Play up for Blackstone Fortress. Been watching it and I'm pretty well convinced I'm going to need to buy this.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
GW's doing some limited preorder bonuses for Blackstone Fortress - free Warrant of Trade document when preordering online, and when preordering in-store you get a Blackstone System Map, Schematics of the Vanguard Support Cruiser Starship, Blackstone poker chips and alternate design Stasis Chambers.
99440699012_warrantof6tc4y.jpg
blackstonedatasheets-8ucka.jpg
I think the usual discount from other retailers is still more tempting for me though...

Last edited:

LTWheels

Nov 8, 2017
A few let's plays of Blackstone are starting to appear on YouTube.

I think I like how it plays, but think it could be slightly less combat heavy. Feels like the game is 90% combat.

Wished it was something like 75% combat. Think it could do with some kind of exploration phase, like the Hunt phase in the Kingdom Death board game, where you are exploring the fortress learning about it, getting loot etc before a combat encounter starts.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, did you get your preorder in at your local? I got it ordered with Dark Sphere for about £75 :D

I'm torn. 75p is a damn good price, I haven't seen how much they would want to charge here yet. Shipping to Romania might also be expensive.

Edit : 93pounds shipped from Wayland. We'll see how much it comes up to here.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
So what was the secret sealed documents that was in the box?

Everyone was Alpharius, the secret of the Horus Heresy is that Alpharius took the Emperor's place when Horus fought him on the Vengful Spirit and he's been on the golden throne ever since. The real Emperor retired to make Primaris for the next 10k years and just blamed it all on Cawl.

You just had to know didn't you?

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
I'm thinking about a Mad Max Speedwaagh detachment for my Orks who are currently all AoBR plus more boyz and nobz and meganobz and kanz footsloggers from way back before plastic battlewagons were even a thing.

So - extremely imaginative as I am - I want them led by an Mad Dok-turned-Immortan Ork kinda guy on the deffkilla wartrike OR a nice Gigahorse battlewagon. Collecting da bloodbag 'umies an' uvva runtz ta squeez 'em good and make propa blod fjul outta them for da SPEEDWAAAAGH (hey, it works for haemothrope reactors). And use da funny squeezy bitz ta make grow juise for his specul stitch boy eksperimentz.

Question is: how big are the Big Spike and Gnasher-Screamer guys from Rogue Trader compared to Ork Nobz/warbosses? I couldn't find any size comparisons with the Gellerpox AT ALL so far, but their meaty arms look like a good start for roided up, twisted Mad Dok-"improved" Orks. But are they actually big enough to lead? To replace the wartrike boss?

PS: The Secret Envelope contains the Emperor's christmas cookie recipe and an anecdote from when he walked around as that Jesus guy.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017

GW has a Let's Play up for Blackstone Fortress. Been watching it and I'm pretty well convinced I'm going to need to buy this.

Good video. The game has a few more bells and whistles compared to Silver Tower, but the meat and potatoes remain the same. Silver Tower is a really, really good dungeon crawler as well.

Also, Miniature Market is selling Blackstone Fortress for $127.50 https://www.miniaturemarket.com/gw-bf-01-60.html

While watching the above video, I could not help but be reminded of this recent Onion article, which is so true it fucking hurts:

https://local.theonion.com/explanation-of-board-game-rules-peppered-with-reassuran-1819579569

Oct 25, 2017
I know that we're focused on 40k here, but supposed re-releases for LOTR SBG are coming in a few weeks if this is to be believed:

b7de004816c4a95afd3beb8bc3833f51_51394.jpg__thumb

If it's true, then GW will have managed in one go to hit a lot of the most overpriced OOP miniatures in one swoop.
The Mahud King alone can go for £60-£100. A lot of the Ruin of Arnor figures are similarly expensive on Ebay.

Edit: damn just realised that GW no longer sell Vostroyans. Gutted about that!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Blackstone Fortress Lore discussion this Friday on Warhammer TV:
Dr1TaXjWwAAu66I.jpg:small

https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer

Remember it's free to watch live, but also if you happen to have an Amazon Prime account you get one Twitch channel subscription included which can be used to access all of Warhammer TV's recorded videos.

Last edited:

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
My local store got back to me, their Blackstone Fortress will cost more or less 125€ so I'll get it from them. With shipping it would likely be around this amount and I'd also have to worry about romanian post somehow fucking it up.

Oct 26, 2017
I wish I had people in my area who played more than once a month. I have to miss their game day this Sunday, so now I get to wait a whole month before I can try another game. The wait is killing me.

StayHandsome

Nov 30, 2017
The people in my area are pretty intensely active, so there's never a lack for games.

I want to paint the entire BSF set so that I can play with friends who don't play 40k normally. But I know 4 or 5 others who all have it pre-ordered, and we're splitting up painting duties among us so we can have a playable set soon.

Oct 26, 2017
Possible leaks for Chapter Approved here

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2018...pproved-2018-leaks-points-tweaks-changes.html

Some highlights
- Named Characters point reduction (Farsight goes from 151 points to 125 for example)
- Sisters of Battle Full Codex rumored to not be available until Oct/Nov of 2019
- 5-10% point reduction on space marines overall.

Take these with a grain of salt, the rumor mill can be wrong. There's a tidbit about reducing Crisis suits to around 30 points each which would make me very happy. Couple that with the return of the Eight (who would be characters and thus be cheaper) and you're looking at one happy Farsight Enclaves player :)

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Disappointing rumours for Necron players with just a points increase for the Vault, hopefully they'll get some points reductions too.

StayHandsome

Nov 30, 2017
That's just a small summary of some changes. There are tons of other adjustments coming, according to the "insider" people I know. One big one I've heard is that Grey Knights will get regular smites. Necrons will get a lot of improvements too.

Sisters Codex coming out in a year is sad though. :( ah well... guess I'll jusyt keep playing with these metal models.

War Peaceman

Oct 28, 2017
That's just a small summary of some changes. There are tons of other adjustments coming, according to the "insider" people I know. One big one I've heard is that Grey Knights will get regular smites. Necrons will get a lot of improvements too.

Sisters Codex coming out in a year is sad though. :( ah well... guess I'll jusyt keep playing with these metal models.

Mid-late 2019 was always on the cards. You are getting a whole new range.

StayHandsome

Nov 30, 2017
I had a really fun 6v6 ETC team format tournament today against some local rivals. I c any stress enough how fun it is to do this team format for tournaments, you get to play with much more imbalanced lists and focus on how to maximize points.

I brought my Harlequins, and as team captain tried to avoid the worst matchups I could, but due to the influence of high volumes of alcohol and some inexperience we weren't able to take it. We lost 2-4.

Still, I faced the hardest matchup possible, against Orks, and won my game. Orks are super scary, but as much as I don't like those tractor cannons, the fact they're T5 and 6W with easy save means that I was able to take one out every turn to make sure I'm getting points. So if you can duck and weave the big blobs of boys, you can still do well enough in this matchup by using speed and clever usage of targeting.

Man I love the Solitaire. What a murderous little ninja. Every time I play I appreciate him more. Too bad you can only take one!

Oct 26, 2017
Almost done with my Thousand Sons/Renegade Knights Army.

ljQllz6l.jpg

qnyZaGql.jpg

irtri0Ll.jpg

nqUzjP0l.jpg

Trying to make a Brigade of just Thousand Sons is an exercise in frustration (points inefficiency) - so I decided some Renegade Armigers would help round out the force (I may swap one of them in for a Renegade Knight later on).

Oct 26, 2017
Ahriman blue overlaid on top of leadbelcher. It altered the color slightly but I like the results.
Yeah, I like that a lot. I spent forever on my Warglaives, and by the end didn't like how they turned out. I ended up selling them and another knight of mine to fund my new Valiant. I have yet to paint it since I'm deciding on colors, and I was thinking a blue of some sort. Just hadn't settled on what yet. I really like that Ahriman color though. Very knightly. Also, I see a lurking monster unit in the background of your pictures. Looks dangerous whatever it is.

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I like that a lot. I spent forever on my Warglaives, and by the end didn't like how they turned out. I ended up selling them and another knight of mine to fund my new Valiant. I have yet to paint it since I'm deciding on colors, and I was thinking a blue of some sort. Just hadn't settled on what yet. I really like that Ahriman color though. Very knightly. Also, I see a lurking monster unit in the background of your pictures. Looks dangerous whatever it is.

I recommend Ahriman or Teclis if you're looking for a blue. Thousand Sons blue is also an option but I never liked the look of it.

And that's Socks, champion of Choas and camera hog.

Sneaky Gato

Oct 27, 2017

I had actually forgotten that the weekender was this weekend. For some reason I thought it was next week.

New dreadnaughts incoming? It's the ultramarine 13 company banner so maybe mids or genestealer cults?

Either way I imagine this is where we get the first look at next years stuff. I imagine Wrath and Rapture will get its blowout complete with the new hinted at Karanak and Slaanash herald model.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017

I had actually forgotten that the weekender was this weekend. For some reason I thought it was next week.

New dreadnaughts incoming? It's the ultramarine 13 company banner so maybe mids or genestealer cults?

Either way I imagine this is where we get the first look at next years stuff. I imagine Wrath and Rapture will get its blowout complete with the new hinted at Karanak and Slaanash herald model.

Just did some research, that's not the banner of the 13th company (There is no 13th company btw, though there might be with all the Primaris stuff but I digress) its the Banner of Macragge, which is typically seen amongst the honor guard of the chapter along with Marneus Calgar. So maybe he's going to bite the big one and become a Dreadnaught? Hard to say with just the banner. Could mean next to anything really.

Maybe it's the return of my beloved Captain Titus!...probably not...

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017

Probably their Legion banner, or a callback to it. They were the XIII Legion.

Oct 26, 2017
My local game store was having a black Friday sale. Managed to snag the Renegade Knight game for $100 - two nights+ terrain for less than the price of 1 knight! I wish GW would do something like that on their site...

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
My friends are all picking up kill team years after I tried to get them on straight 40K and abandoned it when they wouldn't. I'm ready to spend all my nights painting again.

Sneaky Gato

Oct 27, 2017
Just did some research, that's not the banner of the 13th company (There is no 13th company btw, though there might be with all the Primaris stuff but I digress) its the Banner of Macragge, which is typically seen amongst the honor guard of the chapter along with Marneus Calgar. So maybe he's going to bite the big one and become a Dreadnaught? Hard to say with just the banner. Could mean next to anything really.

Maybe it's the return of my beloved Captain Titus!...probably not...

Ah yes you were right it is referencing the ultramarine as the 13th legion my bad. Though I do wonder... given that the Spears of the Emperor are getting rules does this mean that post the rush to get codexes out (barring GSC which are rumored to have been delayed out of their original release date in summer to 2019 and Sisters which are confirmed to be coming next year) we will be getting more micro faction rule supplements like with the rumored Imperial Fist box. Tyrannic Veterans rules maybe?

Games Workshop? Sales? God forbid.

Years ago back before the recession my local GW would actually have Black Friday sales. Granted this was back when it was in a heavily trafficked mall and had more than one employee.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Vigilus Open Day news!
https://www.warhammer-community.com...open-daygw-homepage-post-1fw-homepage-post-1/

Marneus Calgar:

vigilusweekender-nov2hvc8u.jpg

46519082_101565574852xacfu.jpg

Vigilus Defiant campaign book:

Vigilus Defiant takes everything you love about campaign books and uses it to bring to life the latest thrilling chapter in the unfolding saga of the Dark Imperium. Take the depth, texture and detail of the Horus Heresy campaign books, add themed armies and narrative battling inspired by classics like Codex: Armageddon, throw in an epic story that will change the face of the galaxy and you've got Vigilus Defiant.

Calgar won't be retaking Vigilus without a fight. After Orks, Aeldari and the Genestealer Cults have all but shattered the defences of the planet, the herald of a new doom descends…
vigilusweekender-nov237diq.jpg

The Black Legion have come to Vigilus – led by the sinister herald known as Haarken Worldclaimer. This new champion of the Dark Gods has declared that the world of Vigilus will fall to the Warmaster, within 80 days…

Urban Conquest campaign system:

Running campaigns is one of the most rewarding ways to play Warhammer 40,000 – and it's about to get easier. Map out your hive city – then conquer it!

This new campaign system is designed to make modular, map-based campaigns fun to play and simple to run, allowing you to build your very own urban battlemaps then fight for supremacy in interlinked battles with your friends. You won't just be battling to defeat your opponents but also to capture strategic resources and manage your overall strategy.

New Genestealer Cult minis:

vigilusweekender-nov2mlduv.jpg

vigilusweekender-nov2def6f.jpg

Warbringer Nemesis Titan from Forge World:
vigilusweekender-nov2gdi0d.jpg

The Warbringer Nemesis Titan is a new class of god-machine armed with an artillery piece capable of transforming your chosen grid coordinates into a white-hot crater. This massive engine of destruction has been designed to look right at home alongside its brethren. It is our most detailed yet, with a crewed upper deck featuring a spotter, a loader and a massive, revolver-style loading mechanism for the main gun:
vigilusweekender-nov2niihg.jpg

Custom characters and units in Chapter Approved:
Chapter Approved 2018 features a new character creation system for open play where you can build your very own legendary heroes. If you're feeling creative, this year's edition is going to be great for you.

One of the takeaways from the narrative play section was Battle Honours – a system that lets your units level up and develop new skills throughout campaigns.
Points drops for Grey Knights:
Matched play fans have been scrutinising the new points from the book, and it's clear at this point that one massive winner is the Grey Knights, who have seen sweeping points reductions across a swathe of units.
Adepta Sororitas stratagem preview:
VigilusWeekender-Nov24-HolyTrinity21nnt.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Genestealer Cult minis keep getting better and better :o

Loads of LOTR pre-orders went up today too, including re-releases of Hobbit plastics in cheaper per miniature prices, and re-releases of lots of metals, including Arnor, Fiefdoms and Far Harad!

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
A Blast From the Past

It's been an incredible year for long-time Warhammer fans – who'd have thought we'd ever see another Squat, or plastic Rogue Traders? – and it's about to get even better. Here's the news, courtesy of Warhammer 40,000-themed band Deep Strike:

Your eyes and ears have not deceived you. That was, indeed, a Noise Marine on a bright green flock base – reborn for a new generation. Seriously, get a good look:
vigilusweekender-nov2fqc2e.jpg

This special celebratory miniature is based on Jes Goodwin's original sketches and classic Noise Marine models, and will be on shelves in time for Christmas.
Complete with classic basing, lol.