• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Warhammer 40,000 |OT| In the Grim Darkness of the 40K Era There Is Only War

Oct 25, 2017
I have always lamented how generally useless Chainswords are in the tabletop game. They're the iconic weapon of the brand and they're barely used, and all they do is provide a single extra attack.

All Space Marines should carry Chainswords instead of pistols, that's what I say. And give them better stats, like +1S, -2AP or something. They should mulch through light infantry in close combat.
Guns that fire chainswords

Oct 27, 2017
Hi guys, I have a question that is slightly off-topic, but I don't know of a better place to ask. When I started getting into Warhammer a few months ago, my co-worker gifted me a mix of sprue sets for creating Space Marines, but there were a few sprues that created the following:

Does anyone know which tabletop game this figurine is from? There were a few other torsos, but I'm missing the arms. Is there a way to identify this kit and to order replacement parts?

Oct 25, 2017
Hi guys, I have a question that is slightly off-topic, but I don't know of a better place to ask. When I started getting into Warhammer a few months ago, my co-worker gifted me a mix of sprue sets for creating Space Marines, but there were a few sprues that created the following:

Does anyone know which tabletop game this figurine is from? There were a few other torsos, but I'm missing the arms. Is there a way to identify this kit and to order replacement parts?
Looks to be Mark III armor

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Mark-III-Space-Marines

Oct 25, 2017
London
Yeah, not a fan. I too think there is too much tacti-cool too little gothic imagery. The libby and the scouts are okay.

In Sisters we trust!
I think GW are pretty deliberately trying to set a "baseline" for Primaris before they go mad adding the more gothic chapter imagery on top, which makes sense. GW spent a long time in the old days getting a solid marine range sorted before we go the chapter specific units.

Nov 8, 2017
Really like the new helmets of the pimaris marines in the shadowspear box. Tempted to buy. Hopefully some kill team rules will come out for these vanguard model range.

Oct 29, 2017
Holy Terra
The final Horus Heresy audiobook is out on the Black Library app... and not audible yet.

I want to listen so bad but fuuuuuuck paying 31$. Spent enough doing that crap before they came to their senses and went to audible.

Mar 18, 2018
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/04/battle-sister-bulletin-part-2-beta-rules-feedback/

Updates to the Sisters of Battle. Looks like they are identifying the issues with the beta codex.

Now all the need to do is have more than 1 Generic HQ model...(I guess the priest counts but he's not really a sister of battle and more ecclesiarchy).
Good thing they're fixing the acts of faith. The beta change was ridiculous and pretty unfair. Like imagine if Guard or Scions couldn't take orders except on rolls of a 3+ or 5+ and only dependant on how many troops are still alive. They'd be paperweights.

Nov 8, 2017
The price for shadowspear looks like it is rumoured to be £105...was hoping it would be cheaper than £95, the price of Dark Imperium considering it has less units, and no hardback rule book.

If it was £75 or even maybe £85 I think I would get it.

Oct 26, 2017
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/04/battle-sister-bulletin-part-2-beta-rules-feedback/

Updates to the Sisters of Battle. Looks like they are identifying the issues with the beta codex.

Now all the need to do is have more than 1 Generic HQ model...(I guess the priest counts but he's not really a sister of battle and more ecclesiarchy).
As an Ork player I can’t help but chuckle at the complaint that a massively powerful weapon has D6 shots and therefore has a small amount of unpredictability to it. Perish the thought!

The price for shadowspear looks like it is rumoured to be £105...was hoping it would be cheaper than £95, the price of Dark Imperium considering it has less units, and no hardback rule book.

If it was £75 or even maybe £85 I think I would get it.
Ah man that’s disappointing.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I wish I could just buy half of Shadow Spear. I couldn't care less about the Primaris stuff in the box but I really REALLY need those chaos models.

I know I could do ebay, but eh...

Oct 29, 2017
Holy Terra
Jes Goodwin is not good at holding his cards lol, its a little jokey but at the very end of the voxcast he is asked what his favorite traitor legion is. He hesitates then says World Eaters. Then says "we should do some new models for those!" and the hosts face implies to me that that was WAY more truthful than he was ready for. Please give me new World Eaters Jes.

Oct 25, 2017
Give me Slaanesh anything at this point. I play Dark Eldar for crying out loud (and Craftworld Eldar and Harlequins and Corsairs and AoS Elves and I think I might have a problem) and I have nothing interesting for a Slaanesh themed army!

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Depending on price, I'm looking at the SM models myself. Maybe we could split the box up?
I might take you up on that offer. Though I need to see how I fair financially by the end of the week but I might message you come Saturday when pre-orders go up!

Regardless if I can or not, I appreciate the offer bud! :)

Oct 29, 2017
Holy Terra
The Buried Dagger, the final audiobook of the Horus Heresy is on audible as of last night! First chapter is long and amazing.

It is really fun to read about these guys in depth FINALLY after having painted so many of them!

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, another noobesque question here but the Space Marine Heroes blind boxes you get, where you get a single Ultramarine hero in the box at random, in games do they act as special characters or do they just blend into the normal armylist?

Cvie

Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty badass

Been lurking here the last couple weeks, considering jumping back in after like 15 or so years. Was already leaning to black legion

Oct 25, 2017
A freshly released Abaddon was the first 40k miniature (and second GW figure after a couple metal Black Orcs) I bought. I don't play Chaos* anymore (hell, it's not like I play much 40k at all latelly :P), but I can't help but to buy this fucker.

Also, I need to learn how to paint properly. Otherwise, I wouldn't dare to tackle this lad.

*Something that may/will change whenever the Noise Marines are remade.

Nov 8, 2017
Damm, I don’t intend to play Chaos but I want that model.

I also hope the Renegade Guard from Blackstone gets a stand-alone release with this new chaos range.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Abbadon looks absolutely stunning! Really like the option for him to have a cape or not! Absolutely going to be picking him up.

Oct 27, 2017
The new chaos space marines look fantastic. I am glad they haven't overdone the mutated armor look, should make relatively clean looking iron warrior and night lord armies still viable.

Oct 25, 2017
London
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/horus-heresy-2019-warhammer-book-bundle

Thoughts on this bundle? Are the books+audio books worth getting?
It's a great series and there's a fair amount of books there (and some of the earlier ones are the best), but bear in mind it's a fairly small selection of the entire series, and I think there are even some missed out (though it must be said the series becomes much less linear after the first four so you wouldn't be "missing" bits of plot necessarily)

Oct 25, 2017
It's a great series and there's a fair amount of books there (and some of the earlier ones are the best), but bear in mind it's a fairly small selection of the entire series, and I think there are even some missed out (though it must be said the series becomes much less linear after the first four so you wouldn't be "missing" bits of plot necessarily)
So would you say there's enough to get you started so that the books the bundle then jumps too make sense? Or at the most you might want to buy a couple more not included in this bundle?

Oct 25, 2017
First tier has first three Horus Heresy books. Second tier has books 4 and 5. After those 5 it’s fairly easy to jump around in the series. Top tier has the four Calth books which form a story on their own (also they are very good). The Primarchs books are self contained.