• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Warhammer 40,000 |OT| In the Grim Darkness of the 40K Era There Is Only War

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm starting to think about Armies on Parade 2019.

Got a lot of different ideas, but I'm really struggling for something that really captures me right now.

This was my 2018 submission: (click for album)

I think I might do something with my Blood Angels this year, but I'm sort of tempted by Orks and Nids, or I've got the offer from a friend that he'll buy a bunch of Eldar I can use so long as he can have them after.

Mar 18, 2018
Whatever you do Mikeside, we look forward to seeing it.

I kind of hope we get no more. From a narrative perspective, it seems impropable to think no character would eventually find their death. Yet once introduced on the table top for 40k, you know they won't take them away. "Sorry, Morty is dead now. Can't use him." So, tension is removed in the books when you know certain folks have plot armor due to the game itself. Unless I'm wrong and this has happened before?
Given the timeline most of the human characters from the fall of Cadia (Greyfax and the surviving Cadian's and so on) should be pushing 200 and walking around on walking sticks.

Oct 25, 2017
London
Given the timeline most of the human characters from the fall of Cadia (Greyfax and the surviving Cadian's and so on) should be pushing 200 and walking around on walking sticks.
Meh, you can always say "the warp" to knock bits of that off, and the Imperium has always been able to radically deage or extend the lifespan of those it considers significantly important (i.e.named characters).

Redcrayon

Zoinks!
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I just finished reading Cadia Stands by Justin Hill, and lots of the senior imperial officers seem to be hitting that kind of age bracket with rejuv treatments etc. Seeing as a lot of the main characters have relatively high social status, it doesn’t seem unusual for them, at least.

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever you do Mikeside, we look forward to seeing it.

Didn't stop Inquisitor Kryptman from kicking for 200+ years.

Oct 25, 2017
I really REALLY despise priming models. Primed a few of them tonight for my player's characters for my Wrath & Glory campaign and checked on them a few hours later and all of them were fine except one. Like half of the primer had clumped and cracked and just looked awful. I haven't a clue what I did wrong, I primed it the same way I did the others and they were all fine. It wasn't even humid out and I just left them to dry in my basement. But noooooo the one little bastard decided to be a temperamental shit-stain and not dry properly. I'm tempted to get a fucking air brush solely just for priming to mitigate this problem. I'm getting real sick of wasting money on models just for them to be ruined by no mistake of my own.

I would ask if anyone knows a way to get primer off a model but I smashed the model to bits in a fit of rage so whatever.

Oct 25, 2017
I really REALLY despise priming models. Primed a few of them tonight for my player's characters for my Wrath & Glory campaign and checked on them a few hours later and all of them were fine except one. Like half of the primer had clumped and cracked and just looked awful. I haven't a clue what I did wrong, I primed it the same way I did the others and they were all fine. It wasn't even humid out and I just left them to dry in my basement. But noooooo the one little bastard decided to be a temperamental shit-stain and not dry properly. I'm tempted to get a fucking air brush solely just for priming to mitigate this problem. I'm getting real sick of wasting money on models just for them to be ruined by no mistake of my own.

I would ask if anyone knows a way to get primer off a model but I smashed the model to bits in a fit of rage so whatever.
This is why I would love to own an airbrush. Never reliant on if it's raining or humidity levels, or just if it's a duff can of spray or whatever.

Redcrayon

Zoinks!
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I remember I had a can of white spray that coated a small army in paint bubbles back in the day. Heartbreaking after a couple of days of prep and building kits, pinning heavy pieces etc. To this day I test everything on small areas and offcuts of plastic first.

Oct 26, 2017
I just had a can of gold primer go bad and bury Custodes in primer. Luckily, I had a huge container of LAs Totally Awesome I bought on Amazon months ago for stripping models. I put Custodes in zip lock bag with it and let it sit 48 hours then went to town with a toothbrush. Took just about most of the primer off.

Oct 28, 2017
So the GW's community survey is up at Warhammer Community.

Feel like they didn't quite ask the "right" questions this time. I mean, the things I personally feel like giving them feedback as a customer.

Well, there was one open "anything else" type question at the end, but in the end I wish there were more places to
complain about the way they introduced primaris marines, ask why everything is mono pose nowadays and beg for plastic aspect warriors
lol.