Warhammer 40,000 |OT| In the Grim Darkness of the 40K Era There Is Only War

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Hnnng.

All these special bases and poses make me think there's going to be a starter box launched for the Sisters line. I'm guessing against Chaos.

Geist

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Damn, I guess it was too much to hope for that they were moving away from boobplate. :-/

Yeah, seems like it.

At the very least it seems like the Retributers are gonna have no boob plate so you could just use them to build your army instead and give them different weapons.

My hope is that these aren't more monopose models.

Orgun

Oct 27, 2017
I finally got to use Sanguinius in a game of 30k last night. He. Did. Nothing. lol

Used his 1 use pistol on a contemptor and my mate made both invuln saves.
Soaked up an entire armies worth of fire to then die to a Boltgun during Overwatch...which required my mate to roll two sixes in a row (hit and wound). I then roll a 1 on the save.

Certainly didn't earn his 450 points in the game lol

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
I'm indecisive. Help me choose a color scheme 40k era. :-/

Oh damn, I love these, purple grey and turquoise/teal are my favourite colours.
Where did you get the template? I need to test out some colour schemes for my Death Guard before I commit to painting.

Also, can anyone tell me which books are worth reading to find out more about Nurgle/Death Guard lore?
I'm currently reading the First Heretic and didn't find it too interesting until about halfway through, now it's started to get good.

Geist

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Where did you get the template? I need to test out some colour schemes for my Death Guard before I commit to painting.
I collected these back when Primaris were first announced. I think there was an official one GW put out and other people edited them so they were fillable with MSpaint, as well as adding variants.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Good god, people have gone into a frenzy regarding the new Sisters regarding wether they're monopose or not, they look great or not, blah blah blah. GW needs to hurry and release those because every teaser stokes the fires even more...which might be what GW is aiming for.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Good god, people have gone into a frenzy regarding the new Sisters regarding wether they're monopose or not, they look great or not, blah blah blah. GW needs to hurry and release those because every teaser stokes the fires even more...which might be what GW is aiming for.
I have a feeling the ones they previewed recently are all monopose, but most likely because they’re part of a new box set on the horizon. The actual model line will probably be not too dissimilar to what we got with the new CSM range release.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling the ones they previewed recently are all monopose, but most likely because they’re part of a new box set on the horizon. The actual model line will probably be not too dissimilar to what we got with the new CSM range release.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well. As I said earlier I believe these are from a dual army set like Shadowspear or Tooth and Claw. I really doubt they wouldn't mark the release of something they've teased for over A YEAR with something along those lines.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well. As I said earlier I believe these are from a dual army set like Shadowspear or Tooth and Claw. I really doubt they wouldn't mark the release of something they've teased for over A YEAR with something along those lines.
The old old rumpur was that Sisters will never get a box since they would already sell like pancakes.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Thanks Geist!

Putting together a Plagueburst Crawler and I am missing one tiny wheel piece, guess there’s no way of replacing it?

Also, it’s crazy how much detail it has under the chassis, seems like such a waste!

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
Putting together a Plagueburst Crawler and I am missing one tiny wheel piece, guess there’s no way of replacing it?

Also, it’s crazy how much detail it has under the chassis, seems like such a waste!
I would certainly recommend contacting GW about the wheel. From the accounts I've heard they are fairly willing to replace missing or damaged models although I dunno what the process is like, if you have to take the faulty sprue into a store or anything. Also yeah its a very nice model but I would recommend you don't make my mistake and fully assemble it before painting. Getting the paintbrush behind the forward facing shunt and into all the details down by the treads is a complete nightmare.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
I would certainly recommend contacting GW about the wheel. From the accounts I've heard they are fairly willing to replace missing or damaged models although I dunno what the process is like, if you have to take the faulty sprue into a store or anything. Also yeah its a very nice model but I would recommend you don't make my mistake and fully assemble it before painting. Getting the paintbrush behind the forward facing shunt and into all the details down by the treads is a complete nightmare.

The loss of the part was probably my own fault, I clipped all the parts from the sprue last week, cleaned them up and put them in a ziplock bag ready for assembly. Maybe I left it on the sprue accidentally. I will try contacting GW anyway, thanks.

And thanks for the advice, I haven’t glued the top/shunt on yet thankfully!

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
The loss of the part was probably my own fault, I clipped all the parts from the sprue last week, cleaned them up and put them in a ziplock bag ready for assembly. Maybe I left it on the sprue accidentally. I will try contacting GW anyway, thanks.

And thanks for the advice, I haven’t glued the top/shunt on yet thankfully!
Ahh, I getya. Hope you can get the situation sorted but if not you got options with Death Guard. You could leave the wheel off and paint it up as battle damage or general decay (perhaps taking a knife to scratch up the area a bit to make it look more natural). Failing that you can always get some green stuff and just cover any unsightly part of the models and sculpt that into Nurgley growths. Green stuff and Nurgle vehicles go together like a house on fire, you can get insanely complex with it but even super simple techniques can get some mega nice (and completely gross) results.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Ahh, I getya. Hope you can get the situation sorted but if not you got options with Death Guard. You could leave the wheel off and paint it up as battle damage or general decay (perhaps taking a knife to scratch up the area a bit to make it look more natural). Failing that you can always get some green stuff and just cover any unsightly part of the models and sculpt that into Nurgley growths. Green stuff and Nurgle vehicles go together like a house on fire, you can get insanely complex with it but even super simple techniques can get some mega nice (and completely gross) results.
Thanks, yeah I bought some green stuff to do exactly that as the two tanks I have don’t look anywhere near Nurgly enough for my liking, I’ve never used it before but as you say, even mistakes can be made to look like decay.
Seen that there are some very nice Rhino conversion kits too but they are quite expensive.