• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bradach

Oct 28, 2017
They look great, i particularly like the face plates. Those stands are so much better than the stock ones too

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
SalamandersReveal-Sep18-Agatone2kmvhr-1.jpg

ImpFistsReveal-Sep18-Content2jhcg.jpg

More pics: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/18/fists-and-fire-new-miniatures-revealed/

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah apparently gw has had alot of leaks recently, so they were forced to push these announcements up.

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
Beautiful models, especially the IF one. He'g going to lead my Red Templars, I just need to remove the fist insignias.

But I am concerned: the Salamander guy has a sore on his forehead in the shape of the Symbol of Nurgle.

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
The Salamander guy will receive a gazillion conversions. Just a few tweaks and that guy serves for any loyal or chaotic chapter/legion.

Joshbob1985

Jan 12, 2018
She looks good, but a bit impractical to transport. The Storm of Silence rule doesn't seem very useful if the opponent has anything about them, and is a big downgrade from Disarming Strike which it apparently replaces. It's still not clear whether the new models will be coming with all new datasheets, or just some tacked on special rules. I will be buying all the Craftworld models either way though.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
I was coming over to post this. Shame they decided to paint it smurf instead of leaving him blank.

Still, it seems like most of the iconography is just painted, not sculpted, so I guess we'll see some repaints pop up quickly.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Yeah, I find that a bit of a shame. I get the need to sell it to hobbyists no matter what flavour they like their Astartes in, but even then it's the most basic imperial detail possible. If there's 50 points of articulation, stuff like optional rank, battle honours, scrolls, grenades, a pile of modular options would have been cool.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Looks great though the crouching pose they chose for that gif really hilights how the left arm has be pulled out of its socket to reach out in front.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Are you suggesting that the shoulder pads of the Angels of Death, proof against heretical firepower for millennia, are somehow impractical? Heresy! :D

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Next they'll be saying crazy things like how bullets that fire miniature rocket launchers are stupid are something...
Or that having your city-killing firepower mounted on a bipedal robot the size of a skyscraper, needing to be constantly redeployed by a spaceship that could easily replace its hold with a greater number of orbital-to-ground weapons is somewhat impractical no matter what the crew and enginseers of the god-machines say...

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Or that having your city-killing firepower mounted on a bipedal robot the size of a skyscraper, needing to be constantly redeployed by a spaceship that could easily replace its hold with a greater number of orbital-to-ground weapons is somewhat impractical no matter what the crew and enginseers of the god-machines say...

Thank you Tau and the Tiger Shark AX-1-0. You're one stop shop for cheap Titan Killers.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I
The new Cawl novel has lots of callbacks to Pharos (and returning characters from Dark Imperium and Plague War.) So far its very cool.
I've literally just finished reading the 'Imperium Secondus' arc of the Heresy so that's great to hear! Looking forward to finding out exactly what that device was.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
If those figures aren't too expensive I'd love to see some more factions get the same treatment with proper scaling. Imagine buying 6 and playing an upscaled kill team with them.

Oct 26, 2017
Soooo... I went to Warhammer World for the first time last year, my sister and my wife conspired together and secretly organised for my brother in law and I to go. It was absolutely amazing, the only downside was neither of us were really in a position to drop any real money on stuff there. So we said we'd go back there next year and chuck aside like a tenner a week so we'd each be able to pick up something substantial. Well the year's almost up and every attempt at saving money has been thoroughly thwarted by life.

Cue a small win on the lottery. Four digit payout! Fun fact, If 40 had been drawn instead of 42 I'd have £167 million right now. Such is life! As it stands we're over the moon to get a few big bills paid off, next year's holiday paid off and a lovely, worry-free Christmas for my kids.

But this has definitely changed the nature of this trip to Warhammer World this year. I'm asking myself... Warbringer or Warlord?

Oct 31, 2017
Soooo... I went to Warhammer World for the first time last year, my sister and my wife conspired together and secretly organised for my brother in law and I to go. It was absolutely amazing, the only downside was neither of us were really in a position to drop any real money on stuff there. So we said we'd go back there next year and chuck aside like a tenner a week so we'd each be able to pick up something substantial. Well the year's almost up and every attempt at saving money has been thoroughly thwarted by life.

Cue a small win on the lottery. Four digit payout! Fun fact, If 40 had been drawn instead of 42 I'd have £167 million right now. Such is life! As it stands we're over the moon to get a few big bills paid off, next year's holiday paid off and a lovely, worry-free Christmas for my kids.

But this has definitely changed the nature of this trip to Warhammer World this year. I'm asking myself... Warbringer or Warlord?

Congrats mate! As to the titan, both are ridiculous, fantastic models.

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks! And yeah, they're both utterly ridiculous in their own ways. I'm leaning towards the Warbringer at the moment. I love the bulk of the Warlord but that back mounted cannon on the warbringer is hilarious.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
LicensingAnnounce-Sep30-HeaderNEW32hvgsf.jpg

Marvel Warhammer comics coming in autumn 2020:

40kPsyAwk-Sep30-Content1ggcfgde.jpg

Drazhar. The Master of Blades. The Living Sword. The deadliest killer in all of Commorragh. Ever since Drazhar first walked into the Great Shrine of the Incubi, wearing the armour of their creed, and proceeded to effortlessly cut down the ruling Hierarch, as well as any others who stood in his way, he's been the silent master of their order. Some even claim he is Arhra, the Dark Father of the Incubi…
More info: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/30/wield-the-living-swordgw-homepage-post-1/

The Penitent Engine is the focus of today's Battle Sister Bulletin:

BSB_PenitentEngine-Sep30-PenitentEngine1yhcgss.jpg

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Seems a lot of people read that Marvel making Warhammer comics news as Disney owning Warhammer, dumbing it down for Disney movies etc and now the sky is falling. SMH.

Last edited:

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Funny that we don't get the same complaints about 40k space marine toys and computer games...

I quite liked the Warhammer comic ages ago, had some good strips.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Seems a lot of people read that Marvel making Warhammer comics news as Disney owning Warhammer, dumbing it down for Disney movies etc and now the sky is falling. SMH.

I want to say I'm shocked..but actually I'm not shocked at all.

Also, anyone else getting 403d on Warhammer Community?

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Seems OK to me.

Also, one of the (many) formative influences on 40k and a lot of the writers (given their age) was... UK comic 2000AD! It's not like GW doesn't have creative links in all links of geek media, from RPGs to comics, books to fantasy art.

Naarmight

Oct 27, 2017
Seems OK to me.

Also, one of the (many) formative influences on 40k and a lot of the writers (given their age) was... UK comic 2000AD! It's not like GW doesn't have creative links in all links of geek media, from RPGs to comics, books to fantasy art.
It is really interesting coming back to see the 40k universe now and seeing how much has changed due to copyright. I am wondering if the reason there is no Adeptus Arbites in any of the games at the moment due to the clear rip from 2000AD (I mean they would be an ace kill team)

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
It is really interesting coming back to see the 40k universe now and seeing how much has changed due to copyright. I am wondering if the reason there is no Adeptus Arbites in any of the games at the moment due to the clear rip from 2000AD (I mean they would be an ace kill team)
I think Warhammer Fantasy Battle/AoS was at far more risk in the renaming of the factions to remove generic fantasy terms.

At least with 40k, 'Aeldari' aside, most of the new names like 'Astra Militarum' and Tempestus Scions' are explainable as the Imperial-favoured cod-Latin, with most of the authors happy to use 'Imperial Guard' and 'Stormtroopers' as a sort of 'low gothic' common term in wide use. I quite like that, it allows them to copyright the unit names but still keep the old terms people are familiar with in use.

To be fair arbitrators (or ex-arbitrators) still often feature in Inquisition novels as investigators and high-ranking officials, and the Shira Calpurnia omnibus is still in print.

They've moved the arbites over the years from being Judge-Dredd style riot police to having a much higher-level rank and remit, with enforcers on the ground in most places instead.

The remaining rip-off element is really just a visual one at this point, and that's easy enough to manage if they ever want to make models for something.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
At least with 40k, 'Aeldari' aside, most of the new names like 'Astra Militarum' and Tempestus Scions' are explainable as the Imperial-favoured cod-Latin, with most of the authors happy to use 'Imperial Guard' and 'Stormtroopers' as a sort of 'low gothic' common term in wide use. I quite like that, it allows them to copyright the unit names but still keep the old terms people are familiar with in use.

Slight tangent on this part but I actually really prefer Drukhari as a name for the Dark Eldar than jsut Dark Eldar. Sounds way cooler, more sinister, and really pushes how they're more alien than space elves.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Slight tangent on this part but I actually really prefer Drukhari as a name for the Dark Eldar than jsut Dark Eldar. Sounds way cooler, more sinister, and really pushes how they're more alien than space elves.
Oh absolutely. Part of it is also a wider attempt to bring the Eldar myth cycle/names into line too, whereas up until now they had a mix of what seemed like nicknames for the units given by humans, and Eldar words.

For example, there's a lot of Celtic myth in the Eldar background. Morag-Hei, the crone goddess, and thus the Crone Worlds lost to chaos, come from the Morrigan, the queen of War and Fate, wife of Dagda. She's associated with Banshee spirits, hence the Eldar myth of Morag-Hei's daughters inspiring the Howling Banshees. However, originally (I think), it was unclear whether that was the Eldar name of the temple or whether 'banshee' was a) just a rough translation to a concept players could grasp or b) what Imperial troops called them because they screamed a lot (even though Terran myths are long forgotten). It's a bit like how Ork and Eldar dreadnoughts were the original units before they were renamed Kans and Wraithlords etc. There's a lot that unit names and faction terminology can do to add character and be evocative, as you suggest.

Last edited:

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
This week's voxcast with Andy Clark was a good chat about the Indomitus Crusade setting, how the fleets are made up and how it impacts various factions, along with the setting at various points within that time period. Andy studied military history at university and is responsible for rounding out the logistical side of Imperial lore, which is quite funny when they are joking about Roboute having these grand plans that are still communicated by psykers broadcasting nightmarish visions at each other :D Worth a listen/watch for anyone interested (or new to) the current setting, it's about an hour or so.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Oh, I always wondered why all the names changed since I last collected in the early 90s.
Still find it all a bit confusing! Orruks, grots and troggoths just don't sound right to me, surely generic fantasy terms like goblin aren't copyrighted?