• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I'm seeing the odd post here and there from people that somehow got their hands on some of the Battle Sisters models saying they're a full head taller than Cadians. Sounds like they're about the size of the Sisters of Silence.

At first I was weirded out by it, but then I realised my existing pewter Sororitas are slightly shorter than Cadians so I think I'm okay with it.

It's the same with Commissar Raine. I think it's normal humans are a head taller now.

20190919_161357.jpg

Personally I'm really not a fan. I liked the size difference between Primaris and humans.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
In November's White Dwarf:
Index Imperialis: The Inquisition

The shadowy Ordos of the Inquisition are the stars of the largest Index Imperialis to date, featuring a whopping 20 pages of background and rules content – it's like a mini codex in its own right!

As well as reading about the history of the Ordos and how they operate, you'll find a host of new and updated rules in the form of Stratagems, datasheets (including those of unique Inquisitors such as Coteaz, Greyfax, Karamazov and Eisenhorn), Relics and even a new psychic discipline, Telethesia. It's essential reading for fans of Inquisitors everywhere!

WDPreview-Nov08-Spread1msdfg.jpg

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
Really hoping they give inquisitors rules similar to crusaders so they don't disrupt keywords for Astra Militarum or Adpeta Sororitas doctrines.
Especially as it would allow them to more easily run Sororitas like their old Witch Hunter style armies and bolster their relatively small pool of units.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Black Library Weekender news!

Warhammer Crime

Last year, Black Library launched a new imprint, Warhammer Horror, which explores the dark and sinister side of the worlds of Warhammer. Next year, it's being joined by Warhammer Crime.

Set in the 41st Millennium, Warhammer Crime will examine the seedy underbelly of a grim, urban environment, looking at criminals and the upholders of the law in the far future. You'll encounter consulting detectives, arbitrators, gangers, traffickers, corrupt Administratum officials, thugs and humble clerks with secrets to hide. The tales these souls tell will be perfect for fans of the detective and crime genre, as well as for Warhammer 40,000 devotees who enjoy the stories of Eisenhorn, Ravenor and Erasmus Crowl.

Warhammer Crime launches in July 2020 with Bloodlines by Chris Wraight. Set in the corrupt and crime-ridden city of Varangantua, this is an intimate and relatable tale of low-level crime. Bloodlines will be the first in a range of books and audio dramas exploring the dark and grimy world beyond the battlefield. Watch out for more news soon.

BLWeekenderReveals-Nov10-Minis50hhcv.jpg

Valerian and Aleya are the stars of Chris Wraight's Watchers of the Throne series and they tie in to the release of the second book at the Celebration, The Regent's Shadow.

Horus Heresy Legion pin badges:
BLWeekenderReveals-Nov10-pinbadges9serdfc.jpg

That's right – Dan Abnett is back. Seven years after his last Horus Heresy novel, The Unremembered Empire, he's written book 4 of the Siege of Terra, Saturnine. We'll be bringing you more details about that soon – but for now, let's turn to another of the original, and rightly celebrated, Horus Heresy authors, Graham McNeill. His Siege of Terra novella, Sons of the Selenar, has an absolutely glorious cover and will be coming out in Limited Edition form next year.
BLWeekenderReveals-Nov10-Selenar3eatdfhx.jpg

This novella sees the Shattered Legions heroes of the Sisypheum – as seen in Angel Exterminatus, among other stories – reach the Solar System and undertake a dangerous mission on Luna, Terra's moon. It'll bring a long-running story to a close and reveal never-before-told secrets. Look out for more detail on that soon.

BLWeekenderReveals-Nov10-LastChance9drf.jpg

15 years after the last book in the series, Colonel Schaeffer's Last Chancers are returning to battle in Armageddon Saint by Gav Thorpe. Also coming back after a lengthy hiatus is Ephrael Stern, once a Sister of Battle, now become something else… You can discover her origins in a new full-colour version of the classic Daemonifuge graphic novel. Her journey also continues in prose in David Annandale's Ephrael Stern: Heretic Saint, which will debut in 2020 in a deluxe Mega Edition, akin to last year's Spear of the Emperor or the forthcoming Darkness in the Blood.
Josh Reynolds will also be returning to the 41st Millennium for his third Fabius Bile novel, the delightfully-named Manflayer, and Phil Kelly will continue uncovering T'au Empire Commander Farsight's past as he encounters Chaos for the first time in Empire of Lies. Add in the new Imperial Fists-focused Space Marine Conquests novel Fist of the Imperium by Andy Clark and the all-action short story anthology Warriors and Warlords and there's something for every Warhammer 40,000 fan.
More reveals here:

Last edited:

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
That crime imprint sounds great. I love the Inquisition books.

Pleased to see the first one is by Chris Wraight, following his Vaults of Terra books and accompanied by the second Watchers of the Throne book. I like his depictions of crumbling, urban 40k cities.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
so Black library weekender has a mysterious hush hush thing around the space wolves 2020 audio drama.

they only answered 2 questions on it and evaded the rest.

Jason and argonauts like story...

big cast of characters.

refused to name voice actors.

ahhh shiiiiitteee

WOLF TIME IS HERE, HAPPENING BUNKER

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I wonder if they'll fold in Chris Wraight's Wolf pack from Blood of Asaheim/Stormcaller? They were last seen heading off on a quest into the void, and he hinted that he'd return to them at some point. Still, he's an insanely busy guy at the moment, I suspect those characters are small fry compared to the big wolfy players.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Those Custodes gun lances will never stop looking silly to me. Also that golden boi really looked like a grumpy woman to me at first glance, I was shook for a moment.

dapperbandit

Oct 30, 2017
Been reading the new novella Severed that follows Nemesor Zahndrekh and Vargard Obyron around. Its fun and refreshing to read from a necron perspective, especially since the Nemesor is such a whimsical old coot and Obyron has had to endure listening to his bullshit for millions of years

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I've worked out a deal with a friend. He's not interested in the Sisters codex so I'm buying it off him.

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
It's interesting they are going so far as to give each of the Chaos Legions their own objectives. I didn't think they would go that far.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Article up now!

d006e0d7.jpg

Multipart Battle Sisters!
e0fbab37.jpg

More pics:
Any Adepta Sororitas army will want loads of Battle Sisters – so it's just as well that the upcoming multipart kit for these terrifying arbiters of faith and fire is so good. Perfect for bolstering your Battle Sisters from the Army Set, this kit is packed with options for arming your squads with special weapons, heavy weapons, neat accessories and a ridiculous number of heads.

What's more, this set also builds you Dominions, forward-scouting vehicle killers and special-weapon wielders, as well as Celestians, elite bodyguards who'll carve up anyone who dares attack your Canonesses. These units are marked by their own special components.

Hospitaller:
3b35953f.jpg

Dialogus:
56d0fba8.jpg

Imagifier:
426114a0.jpg

Multipart Canoness:
e10fa790.jpg

Junith Eruita:
f5ae67f2.jpg

The heroes of the Sisters of Battle aren't just Living Saints, like Celestine – among their number are storied commanders as legendary as any Space Marine Captain. Perhaps foremost among them is Junith Eruita, a Canoness Superior of the Order of Our Martyred Lady with a centre-piece kit so magnificent it rivals any model in the Warhammer 40,000 range!

This massive model is as gloriously over-the-top as Sisters of Battle classics like the Exorcist or Penitent Engine. It's a floating pulpit with a massive aquila on the front and skeletons holding heavy flamers on the bottom.

GLORIOUS!

And that's just a sample of what's on the way for Sisters of Battle – we haven't even BEGUN to look at Retributors, Zephyrim, the Battle Sanctum, or the other datasheets in the codex yet…

Last edited:

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
Some of those models are insane. My wallet is terrified for the eventual Noise CSM line revamp.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Wow that infantry kit is cool. I love the head with the visor raised, showing how it works for them.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus. GW has constantly been hitting it out of the park but these models are spectacular. Even if I never collect an army I'm definitely going to pick up an Imagifier.

Ohnonono

Oct 29, 2017
Holy Terra
I can already hear the screaming of 1000 painters having to paint that many faces. They aren't as craggy as space marine faces and look like they are gonna take some work.

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
What are generally considered the easiest GW minis to paint?

For 40K, it has to be Necrons. Just paint them in Leadbelcher, wash with Agrax Earthshade and drybrush with Necron Compound. Then go back and fix a few details. Plus as an elite army there's a low model count.

Orks are the opposite; every model has a ton of detail and you need to field tons of them. Especially if you are painting them as Bad Moons since yellow is kind of a pain (although Averland Sunset is a godsend).

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Yeah, awesome models but look like they'd be hard to paint!

What are generally considered the easiest GW minis to paint?
I'd say Necrons or Tyranids, both of which you can get good results with contrast paints.

Chaos (nurgle) is pretty easy as a mix of green/brown/yellow contrast or washes over bone does the job.

Also Adeptus Mechanicus- like Necrons you're painting the metal bits with contrast/washes then tidying up before adding a colour (red/cream).

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say Necrons or Tyranids, both of which you can get good results with contrast paints.

Chaos (nurgle) is pretty easy as a mix of green/brown/yellow contrast or washes over bone does the job.

Also Adeptus Mechanicus- like Necrons you're painting the metal bits with contrast/washes then tidying up before adding a colour (red/cream).
Mechanicus have to be the hardest surely.
So many little wires, cables, guns, gubbens, thingies, widgets, wibbly wobblies.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Never have I been any happier to skip a product than I am about this Sisters box. The multi-part kits look SO GOOD. LOOK AT THAT CANONESS. THAT HIDEOUS NECK THING IS GOOOOOOOOOOONE! THOSE SISTER HEADS, AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Thank the Emperor all this only drops next year, I need so sell a couple livers for this.

Also, that flying, burninating pulpit? That's just P E R F E C T.

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
So looks like I have my miniature hobby time booked for next year. So cool!

One thing I quite haven't made up my mind about yet and wouldn't mind discussing. I know I want to paint my army with white armor with red or purple robes and gold shiny stuff. What I don't know is if how I should go about painting the white.

The options I am considering are contrast paints and airbrush with oil washes.

Things to consider:

- I have never used either method before and want to try them both eventually
- I will have to wait until April before I have a place to use my airbrush, but it's winter anyway and spray priming is risky
- I want to paint the vehicles too and it feels like contrast paints are not the best option there

edit. also this will literally take place next year because even if I preorder the new boxed set it will not get here until next year because the postal workers are at strike. Oh well.

Last edited:

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
So looks like I have my miniature hobby time booked for next year. So cool!

One thing I quite haven't made up my mind about yet and wouldn't mind discussing. I know I want to paint my army with white armor with red or purple robes and gold shiny stuff. What I don't know is if how I should go about painting the white.

The options I am considering are contrast paints and airbrush with oil washes.

Things to consider:

- I have never used either method before and want to try them both eventually
- I will have to wait until April before I have a place to use my airbrush, but it's winter anyway and spray priming is risky
- I want to paint the vehicles too and it feels like contrast paints are not the best option there

edit. also this will literally take place next year because even if I preorder the new boxed set it will not get here until next year because the postal workers are at strike. Oh well.
Hmm, have you looked at any articles on painting White Scars? They might have tips.
Just with a paintbrush:

With an airbrush:

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm, have you looked at any articles on painting White Scars? They might have tips.
Just with a paintbrush:

With an airbrush:

Yeah I have been looking into this and have had my fair share of pain with painting white. When I am brushing white I use Vallejo Model Air White Grey and I can get okay results (like the guys below), but for this new project (and whole lot of white power armour to paint) I'm looking at the two methods I mentioned specifically as I have been led to believe they are both a somewhat easy way to get good results.

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
I paint my Scars with Vallejo's Grey primer and then some airbrush zenital with Ulthuan Grey at 45º and whateveriscalled Vallejo's white from their head. Once I tried it on the first few miniatures, I couldn't think of using any other method anymore to paint white. What a wonderful toy the airbrush is. A couple pics to ilustrate:

With the white done:
5F1bDrI.jpg

One of those lads finished (sans base and dust on the legs):
vrsZ3PH.jpg

Vehicles require a more regular application of Ulthuan Grey and a more precise White highlighting, but can't complain on the results. Although on the Reiver up there I still used inks to outline the armour. Nowadays I just go full cheat with a 0'03mm sharpie. Never tried to use oil washes tho, it just scared me :P

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
Yours look great Kharnete .

However it's precisely the panel lining I am looking to avoid by the use of oil washes.

I suppose I am leaning airbrush at the moment, but I have seen some very good looking applications of contrast paints when painting white however, like this below.

Now that I think about it, I am looking for more off-white creamy white than pure white.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
A good off-white would be Ulthuan Grey, maybe Celestra Grey but I've never tried that one. The white armor on my Slaughterpriest is done with Ulthuan Grey highlighted up to White Scar. It was primed grey. Terrible lighting but I think you get the idea.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
That new Canoness kit is great. I love that you can have a bolter with a crossbow attached to the top of it. That's 40k witch hunters for you!

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
As a tyranid player I feel like the range is one of the more complete ones. The kits go together beautifully offering great conversion potential and there is a wide variety.

Also this is the best (off)white also for brushing but this is besides the point. :)

61LcnM7weZL._SX425_.jpg

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
Tyranids hold a special place in my heart. They're the army I've always wanted to start but too many projects are in the way. I've already done a huge purge of plastic but I have a couple armies remaining. I may sell or trade one of them for some Nids. But Sisters are calling to me now as well.

MyQuarters

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Nids are mostly great, but I'd love new gaunts, stealers, tyrant guard and we're DESPERATE for a plastic Biovore/Pyrovore set.

Be nice to have a plastic titan too

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
Nids need something smaller than a Heirophant. I'd love a giant serpentine Titan.

StaffyManasse how does that paint behave on a brush? They're thinner out of the bottle than your standard acrylic right?

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Eldar still need the most love, imperial guard kits are also really showing their age now.

Tbh, the reason I didn't like the vanguard rollout of primaris marines so much is that Primaris desperately needs a melee presence thematically, but if they were to rollout primaris melee next year (and there are some rumors), xenos players will have a conniption.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I say the Dark Eldar models are the best xenos models despite not being updated for a while so I'm not sure I want new models for them.

Craftworld however...give me more plastics ASPECT WARRIORS DANGIT!