• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
I think we're getting more plastic Aspect Warriors next year for sure. Probably at the same time the Howling Banshees come available separately.

dapperbandit

Oct 30, 2017
As I understand it GW are under contract to use fine cast until 2021 and then they'll have a free hand to use better resin. At that point it'll be good to see modernised versions of a lot of old old kits that looked kind of bad 20 years ago.

Oct 25, 2017
You guys might remember Warhammer Fantasy Battle right? The other main game that the Inquisition expunged all records of and nuked from orbit to create Age of Sigmar?

Well it's back baby! in a few years time
46cd4786.jpg
[
Yeah. For really reals.

In the deepest dungeons of the Warhammer Studio, the counsel of the wise have convened, ancient forges have been re-lit and work has already begun. So far… we've made the logo.

Next up, everything else.

You get the idea – this is a long way off. Years. More than two. Like three or more. Definitely not soon.

Obviously, this is really exciting news for all of us, and just like with Sisters of Battle, we'll keep you updated with more news as the project unfolds.

The popularity of Vermintide and especially the Total War games, competitors cashing in on the setting with clone games, plus GWs rapidly expanding size must have really pushed them towards this. I like that they're following the Sisters model of releasing news slowly as development takes place.

/SPOILER]

Last edited:

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
You guys might remember Warhammer Fantasy Battle right? The other main game that the Inquisition expunged all records off and nuked from orbit to create Age of Sigmar?

46cd4786.jpg
[

The popularity of Vermintide and especially the Total War games, competitors cashing in on the setting with clone games, plus GWs rapidly expanding size must have really pushed them towards this. I like that they're following the Sisters model of releasing news slowly as development takes place.

/SPOILER]
That made my day. My Bretonnians are made up of heroes sleeping under the wooden hill of my staircase, waiting for their time once more!

I suspect the continued success of Warhammer: Total War 2 helped, but also the mention of the Horus Heresy, casting The Old World as the foundation myth of AoS, is some pretty elegant marketing in terms of evoking the continued success of HH as a setting for various games and model kits etc.

As someone who reads more than they play these days, I also wonder about Black Library in this. GW staff have often talked about various introductions to the hobby, through books, tabletop games, miniatures, computer games, etc. However, with AoS, it rarely seems to have much fiction supporting it, as opposed to the obvious enthusiasm writers have for 40k/HH. Even the reprints of WFB novels seem to get more promotion than new AoS ones. Whether that's because the evolving lore in the AoS army and campaign books serves that purpose, I don't know, but it seems odd to have gone to all that effort to make a clean break from WFB five years back, only to turn around and talk about it as if it was 20-years-gone or something.

Still, exciting stuff.

While I'm aware that round bases and troops not in ranks make for more dynamic models, I've always loved the geometry and maths of rank-and-file wargames, whether it's napoleonics, ancients or WFB.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
You guys might remember Warhammer Fantasy Battle right? The other main game that the Inquisition expunged all records off and nuked from orbit to create Age of Sigmar?

46cd4786.jpg
[

/SPOILER]

Holy shit.

Also, now I understand this even more, LOL

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Don't know much about the quality of the new game but Mantic makes some mostly awful looking fantasy models by today's standards.

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
Admittedly it might not be a bad thing for my wallet, given that alongside the miniatures I probably need to buy paints (or spray that I can recover the ones I've got - last used 7 years ago lol) and also redo my computer desk. My other half often works from home, so I have the challenge of customising something from IKEA that will accommodate work, computer and painting...

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
The creator of the popular Warhammer 40k CGI fan film Astartes has reported that ownership of the YouTube account has been stolen from him, becoming the latest victim to the growing issue of account hacking currently sweeping across YouTube.

On November 14[SUP]th[/SUP], the creator of Astartes published an update to his Patreon account alerting his patrons that his "YouTube account and Astartes channel have been hacked to some degree."

A follow-up post frustratingly informed fans that "formal appeals through the YT system were rejected, which is frustrating as I don't think an actual human has looked at the issue."

Well.... shit.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I saw that. It's infuriating for me, I can't even begin to imagine how it feels for the guy. Disgusting.

Edit : Sisters reviews are out and the codex is damn good. I can't wait to see the actual model for the Procession of Saint Katherine!

Last edited:

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao, GW put up a "Keep the faith! Head out early to a GW store near you and you might still be able to get a Sisters box!". It's so stupid to do such a limited release for a product they've been hyping for OVER A YEAR.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron

The Psychic Awakening has already engulfed the Aeldari, as well as the Black Templars and Heretic Astartes. Who could be next to feel its effects? The words 'Blood of Baal' are being whispered across Imperium Nihilus, and they may give you a clue…
Tyranids are back for another bite.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK

Tyranids are back for another bite.

Everyone's favourite space-vampire in the pic is disappointed that reference isn't being made in relation to him :D

I have to admit, after reading Shield of Baal, Dante and Devastation of Baal, I'm kinda invested in the BA storyline now. Looking forward to Guy Haley's next book, Darkness in the Blood, to see Dante handling his new job.

I'm a bit confused about the timeline though- I thought Psychic Awakening was happening during the Crusade, but Devastation happens towards the end? Does that mean Blood of Baal precedes Devastation?

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Oh, that's a nice cover. A friend of mine was telling me about the new Sisters units, sounds like they've had a big boost to their melee options, which gels well with their 'get within flamethrower range!' general approach :D

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah and they get a few things that increase flamer range too, seraphims with full melee, the penitents have some combinations which just vomit a crapload of attacks. There's definitely cheese potential here.

dapperbandit

Oct 30, 2017
Speaking of cheese there's a way for space marines you upgrade a character so that they can project a 6" +1 to hit aura to friendly vehicles. It's all starting to become a bit absurd for those guys.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
I think a canoness can extend her aura to 9" with a trait and/or an artefact, I don't remember exactly which it was. Fun times indeed.

Jan 30, 2018
Speaking of cheese there's a way for space marines you upgrade a character so that they can project a 6" +1 to hit aura to friendly vehicles. It's all starting to become a bit absurd for those guys.

Ok this is not something I have heard of, how does this work?

I know Custodes can do some fun things with the Vexilla at 6" and with a CP spend to 12" not heard of a blanket +1?

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
GW apologies for not meeting demand and says new factory and new distribution hub will help with future stock issues:
Sisters of Battle: Situation Report

When you all said you wanted plastic Adepta Sororitas, you really meant it!

We're so excited to see the love you folks have for this new range – everyone here at Games Workshop put a huge amount of creative energy into remaking this faction, and it's been truly humbling to see your response.

This weekend, we celebrated the redesigned Sisters of Battle with pre-orders of a special launch set, and our healthy supply sold out online in record time.

Even so, we know that there are plenty of folks out there who missed out, and to you, we'd like to say that we are sorry. We produced a huge number of this box, but even our optimistic estimates didn't anticipate the full scale of the demand.

We're working on some pretty cool fixes for this kind of thing going forward though. Right now, we're putting the finishing touches on a new factory next door to our HQ so we can make even more Warhammer models, and we've just started work on a massive distribution hub so we'll be able to stock and ship more Warhammer than ever!

Those fixes are a little way off, but we want to assure you that we're on it, and you can rest easy knowing that when the full release of the Adepta Sororitas lands in early 2020, there will be plenty to go around.

You do still have a chance to get a hold of the Sisters of Battle Army Set set – your local Warhammer Store will have a limited supply of copies for launch on Friday 29th, and you might find some in your nearest independent retailer too. Make sure to get there early and you may still be able to grab a copy.

Even if you don't, or there isn't a Warhammer store near you, don't lose faith – the Army Box was only the tip of the blade, the vanguard of a massive Sisters of Battle release that will be here before you know it. While, for now, the contents of the Army Set are specific to that particular box, units from the set will be getting their own multipart release in early 2020.

Multipart Seraphim/Zephyrim dual kit:
3837884e.jpg

Multipart Penitent Engine/Mortifier dual kit:
2e8fa4e3.jpg

Last edited:

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, so the original text was taken down and modified to add some bullshit excuses to the mix, huh? The distribution center was established in Germany because of Brexit (and a lot of their merch already transits through there already). The original text just said "Oh well, you missed it but just go early to your local store to try and get one!".

Edit : Also the Zephirs are not pictured, lol.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Don't know if what they said there is bullshit or not, but there was a period not long ago where they could hardly keep anything in stock and were having problems with the old factory and drawing too much power from the local grid.

dapperbandit

Oct 30, 2017
Ok this is not something I have heard of, how does this work?

I know Custodes can do some fun things with the Vexilla at 6" and with a CP spend to 12" not heard of a blanket +1?

In the Faith and Fury book, there's a section applicable to all Astartes where you can pay 1 CP to upgrade a chaplain, champion, techmarine, librarian, apothecary or ancient and improve their abilities. You can also opt for one of two new warlord traits for the character if you do this.

"Master of the Machine" is a straight up +1 to hit for friendly vehicles within 6" trait available to an upgraded techmarine who will also now innately heal vehicles flat 3

goonhammer have a full review of the chaos and astartes contents of the book

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
That new Seraphim kit looks really nice, such dynamic options, and being plastic is going to make kitbashing the range a lot of fun.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone's favourite space-vampire in the pic is disappointed that reference isn't being made in relation to him :D

I have to admit, after reading Shield of Baal, Dante and Devastation of Baal, I'm kinda invested in the BA storyline now. Looking forward to Guy Haley's next book, Darkness in the Blood, to see Dante handling his new job.

I'm a bit confused about the timeline though- I thought Psychic Awakening was happening during the Crusade, but Devastation happens towards the end? Does that mean Blood of Baal precedes Devastation?
Blood of Baal happens after Devastation of Baal. Devastation of Baal occurs during the Gathering Storm era. At the end of the book, Dante meets Roboute Guilliman and his Primaris Space Marines, which is close to the start of the Crusade.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Blood of Baal happens after Devastation of Baal. Devastation of Baal occurs during the Gathering Storm era. At the end of the book, Dante meets Roboute Guilliman and his Primaris Space Marines, which is close to the start of the Crusade.
Oh, I see. I thought that by the time Guilliman had travelled to earth and mustered the crusade fleets then made it across the rift to Baal, far more time would have passed since various Gathering Storm elements are mentioned during the battle. Maybe some warp time nonsense is involved :D Still, I'm glad to see it's all moving forward from that point, thanks for the explanation.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I see. I thought that by the time Guilliman had travelled to earth and mustered the crusade fleets then made it across the rift to Baal, far more time would have passed since various Gathering Storm elements are mentioned during the battle. Maybe some warp time nonsense is involved :D Still, I'm glad to see it's all moving forward from that point, thanks for the explanation.
We do not know how much time has passed between the end of Gathering Storm and when Guilliman arrives on Baal. It should be noted that the Blood Angels have no idea what is going on around the galaxy since Cadia fell and all of the events that surrounded it.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
We do not know how much time has passed between the end of Gathering Storm and when Guilliman arrives on Baal. It should be noted that the Blood Angels have no idea what is going on around the galaxy since Cadia fell and all of the events that surrounded it.
Like, at this point in time or when Guilliman arrived? I should look up in the Lexicanum about the timeline since Cadia blew up because apart from Guillie boi launcing the Crusade I haven't read much about it.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Like, at this point in time or when Guilliman arrived? I should look up in the Lexicanum about the timeline since Cadia blew up because apart from Guillie boi launcing the Crusade I haven't read much about it.
When Guilliman arrived. The Nids more or less block any communication from Baal to the rest of the Imperium before the arrival of Guilliman and his forces.

Jan 30, 2018
In the Faith and Fury book, there's a section applicable to all Astartes where you can pay 1 CP to upgrade a chaplain, champion, techmarine, librarian, apothecary or ancient and improve their abilities. You can also opt for one of two new warlord traits for the character if you do this.

"Master of the Machine" is a straight up +1 to hit for friendly vehicles within 6" trait available to an upgraded techmarine who will also now innately heal vehicles flat 3

Thanks for the link - that is frankly an insane boost to a bunch of guys that hit on 3+ already and have a techmarine keeping them in that buffed 2+/3+ BS bracket! Also if i am understanding this right as it says "friendly vehicles" I can see this being stuck next to a Guard detachment so you have a bunch of Leman's with punisher gatling cannons doing 40 shot each on 3+ or with a Tank commander on 2+!!!

dapperbandit

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks for the link - that is frankly an insane boost to a bunch of guys that hit on 3+ already and have a techmarine keeping them in that buffed 2+/3+ BS bracket! Also if i am understanding this right as it says "friendly vehicles" I can see this being stuck next to a Guard detachment so you have a bunch of Leman's with punisher gatling cannons doing 40 shot each on 3+ or with a Tank commander on 2+!!!

I think the actual wording probably limits it to astartes where it would combo disgustingly with certain chapter traits and combat doctrines anyway. Yeah it feels like the pendulum has swung entirely the other way for space marines. They were legitimately not very good prior to codex 2 but now it's all a bit much.

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017

There's some timey-wimey Warp nonsense going on since Guilliman arrived on Baal shortly after the Great Rift opened, while the Rift itself was opened around the time he got up from his nap and was open when the Indomitus Crusade launched from Sol. And he had to cross half the galaxy to get there.

Oct 26, 2017
I may have bought a thing...
51ed0804-73ce-48e7-a0gkwj.jpeg

...and it may have been a bit of a mistake...
d20578cd-c919-4f26-84ukjn.jpeg

b71278bb-0670-4d8f-aznjfq.jpeg

And that's just the legs and torso. I've also got the head and main back-mounted weapon to build.

Oct 26, 2017
Oh I love building regular kits but this is all way beyond what I've done before. It's going to take hours of dremeling off the gates and scrubbing these pieces in the bath before I'm even ready to start gluing, pinning and clamping.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Oh I love building regular kits but this is all way beyond what I've done before. It's going to take hours of dremeling off the gates and scrubbing these pieces in the bath before I'm even ready to start gluing, pinning and clamping.
What I really don't miss is metal kits. I liked the weight of infantry models, but my days of pinning huge metal kits with brass rod and paperclips are behind me! Even worse was the metal/plastic hybrids where you'd have a warped metal top plate for any kind of tank variant.

Those titans look lovely though, I'm going to do one of those or a Knight one day, takes me back to Space Marine and Titan Legions. I've always loved the hunchback look of Imperial walkers, so heavy that they look laden down with firepower

Oct 26, 2017
What I really don't miss is metal kits. I liked the weight of infantry models, but my days of pinning huge metal kits with brass rod and paperclips are behind me! Even worse was the metal/plastic hybrids where you'd have a warped metal top plate for any kind of tank variant.

Those titans look lovely though, I'm going to do one of those or a Knight one day, takes me back to Space Marine and Titan Legions. I've always loved the hunchback look of Imperial walkers, so heavy that they look laden down with firepower

Yeah I was so glad to see metal had largely vanished by the time I rejoined the hobby after a very long hiatus. Metal marines with plastic limbs were the absolute bane of my existence.

I'm not sure that looks like fun to build

I'm currently somewhere between overjoyed that I've got a Titan, looking forward to making progress on it, utterly intimidated by the sheer amount of work it's going to take and terrified I'm going to mess it up somehow.