• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Hey Warhammer fans! I found this thread in the community spotlight and then fell into a rabbit hole of reading 40k stuff on a wiki. I have read a little about all the species and the warp and stuff.

I'd like to read some of the novels now. I've read in a few places that people seem to recommend the Eisenhorn series to start with, which I downloaded the sample of and started on Kindle. But I wanted to ask here for a specific recommendation. I'm really interested in the big picture universe. I love a good character, but I don't know that I want to read a really small and intimate story. I would love if I could read something that follows a character on a big journey or various journeys across the universe. I want descriptions of the cool metal stuff like warp jumps, daemon encounters, battles with Tyranids and Necrons, Space Marines wrecking shop. You know what I mean? A perfect example of that was Halo: The Fall of Reach by Eric Nylund. Is there a good book or series like this for me to start with? I want to see the grim dark world!

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

Dunno if it fits but Dark Imperium followed by Plague War follow the main leader of the Imperium. They're quite recent (2017 and 2018) and canonically establish the state of the universe in the 8th edition soft reboot.

They're decently written, (don't hold me to that, tastes may vary) though obviously intended to advertise the new kits. But they will get you up to date on current lore so you can branch out from there.

Last edited:

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

MyQuarters

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm gonna buy a pair of them plus a box of MegaNobz - should be able to build all 3 meganobz and use the spares to turn the 2 Ambots into a Mek in mega armour and a warboss in mega armour

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quick question, what is the OT policy about talking about third party manufacturers for Warhammer models?

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to the new Severina Raine model, I'm planning on making a mixed regiment for the Imperial Guard. I was thinking of using Victoria Miniatures for the female models. I was wondering if anyone had used these before and the quality of the models before buying them. Has anyone used them before?

https://victoriaminiatures.com/

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to the new Severina Raine model, I'm planning on making a mixed regiment for the Imperial Guard. I was thinking of using Victoria Miniatures for the female models. I was wondering if anyone had used these before and the quality of the models before buying them. Has anyone used them before?

Not familiar with them (I've seen the name before though). Looking at the website just makes it clear how much GW has stepped off the gas with the Guard over the last several years- the entire infantry range needs some major work.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018

I haven't but people who have on forums generally report them to be one of the better ones. Be warned though that you're paying for delivery from Australia so if you live anywhere else hope you have a spare kidney.

Personally I use heads from Statuesque Miniatures, though only on the Scions (berets) and Sargent's because I like my troopers to wear their helmets. http://statuesqueminiatures.mobile034.com

2gEAKA1h.jpg
Y811WD7h.jpg

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't but people who have on forums generally report them to be one of the better ones. Be warned though that you're paying for delivery from Australia so if you live anywhere else hope you have a spare kidney.

Personally I use heads from Statuesque Miniatures, though only on the Scions (berets) and Sargent's because I like my troopers to wear their helmets. http://statuesqueminiatures.mobile034.com

2gEAKA1h.jpg
Y811WD7h.jpg

Looking at it, it doesn't seem that expensive. I live in California so it's only 9.99 according to them

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Looking at it, it doesn't seem that expensive. I live in California so it's only 9.99 according to them

I stand corrected. If it's what you're want, go for it.

Maybe only get a single squad first or something though just to make sure the quality's good with your own eyes. But they generally have a good reputation.

Oct 25, 2017
Seems GW is ramping up to some space marine and chaos space marine reveals once the Vigilus campaign ends. Some of the units like the Primaris snipers have obviously been shown, but there's speculation that we might get a tactical marines like unit for Primaris amongst others!

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really excited for all the new Chaos stuff myself. The daily (Daemon) Rumor Engine articles on Warhammer Community teasing the new Chaos stuff is very telling that they're revamping the entire line.

Ubersnug

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Hey Warhammer fans! I found this thread in the community spotlight and then fell into a rabbit hole of reading 40k stuff on a wiki. I have read a little about all the species and the warp and stuff.

I'd like to read some of the novels now. I've read in a few places that people seem to recommend the Eisenhorn series to start with, which I downloaded the sample of and started on Kindle. But I wanted to ask here for a specific recommendation. I'm really interested in the big picture universe. I love a good character, but I don't know that I want to read a really small and intimate story. I would love if I could read something that follows a character on a big journey or various journeys across the universe. I want descriptions of the cool metal stuff like warp jumps, daemon encounters, battles with Tyranids and Necrons, Space Marines wrecking shop. You know what I mean? A perfect example of that was Halo: The Fall of Reach by Eric Nylund. Is there a good book or series like this for me to start with? I want to see the grim dark world!

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

Hands down, get the Gaunt's Ghosts series.

It focuses on an Imperial Guard Commissar called Gaunt who was responsible for raising an imperial Guard battalion as reinforcements from one of the many Imperial planets for a huge ongoing campaign the Imperial Army was involved in, but during the mustering the planet is attacked by Chaos and Gaunt has a choice, stay to fight Chaos and die - with the new battalion he has raised. Or leave with the men he has to help with the bigger campaign.

The series is full of bigger than life, well developed characters, some genuinely tense battles, a dark humour and an author who isn't afraid to kill off popular characters meaning each battle in each book is a bit of a roller coaster ride for people reading them for the first time. Think there are 13 books in the series so far and each one is excellent on their own, but together they make an incredible series.

Ohnonono

Oct 29, 2017
Holy Terra
8TMEAhhl.jpg

0IaYbo4l.jpg

Have a game on friday and I wanted to get something new painted up. Not gonna be able to finish it in time, but hey it looks better than being all grey!

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
There was a rumour that Russ was coming, and would have two models to use in game when he Wulfen'ed out. That... certainly sounds like something GW would do.

It would also give them an excuse to modernise the rest of the SW range into plastic at the same time.

There have also been rumours of a "big fluff shakeup" in Summer 2020, so that's when I suspect we might see another loyalist Primarch.

Oct 25, 2017
There was a rumour that Russ was coming, and would have two models to use in game when he Wulfen'ed out. That... certainly sounds like something GW would do.

It would also give them an excuse to modernise the rest of the SW range into plastic at the same time.

There have also been rumours of a "big fluff shakeup" in Summer 2020, so that's when I suspect we might see another loyalist Primarch.

That last part sounds intriguing. Probably based more on me being used to GW under the old CEO but after moving the timeline with 8th edition I thought GW wouldn't have the balls to consider a similar move for years and years.

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
Recent fluff spoilers:

I wonder if there will be a full blown civil war in the Imperium of Man when the word gets out Guilliman has denounced the divinity of the Emperor.

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
What? Where? How? Is that a bad paraphrase?

From Plague Wars:

'What have you got to say for yourself, militant-apostolic?'

'Sister Iolanth acted under her own recognisance, my lord. The true servants of the Emperor recognised the girl for what she was, and rushed to aid you.'

Guilliman took a step forward. He loomed over the priest.

'You will not ever lie to me again, militant-apostolic,' he said plainly. 'You are lying to me now. You even convinced Sister Iolanth to lie under oath. By the Throne, man, what deviousness is present in you.'

'My lord, if I may–'

'You may not!' Guilliman's shout was sudden and terrifying. 'This was your doing,' he said calmly again. 'A good man lies dead. My warriors turn upon one another. A champion of the Emperor is grievously wounded, another is executed, and all this for no other reason than your arrogance. You believe yourself to be better informed than I. I want you to understand now that is not the case.'

'I swear, Iolanth did not act upon my orders,' said Mathieu.

Guilliman growled deep in his throat, an inhuman sound that should never have emanated from so perfect a being. It struck fear into Mathieu that he could not hide.

Guilliman snorted in contempt. 'You disobey my orders again. You lie. Confess. You were responsible.'

'My lord regent…' Mathieu began. He looked into Guilliman's eyes and saw the fury that would consume him if he dared deny again. 'You saw what happened,' he said instead.

'Confess, preacher,' said Guilliman. The heat of anger coming off him beat at Mathieu. 'Tell me that you did it. I want to hear you say it.'

Mathieu took a step backwards. 'Did you not see! Your father was on the field with us, working through the child,' said Mathieu. 'She was a vessel for your father's power, chosen by Him. His will worked through her!' He retreated further as Guilliman advanced on him. 'She threw back the daemons. No child could have done that! A golden light issued from her… The Emperor was there, He was with us, all around us. He helped you win! The Emperor is with you!' gabbled Mathieu.

'Was he now?' said Guilliman. 'I saw unbounded psychic ability let loose. It could have come from any source, not least the gods who are rival to my brother's patron.' Guilliman leaned forward. A vein pulsed in his broad forehead. 'You speak, you priests, as if you know my so-called father, as if you are privy to His will and His word, as if He would speak through you!' His fist clenched. Out of his armour he seemed more dangerous. 'You have never spoken with Him. Not one of you damnable fanatics has ever exchanged so much as a word with the Emperor. I lived with Him. I fought at His side for centuries. I studied with Him. I learned of His dreams for mankind from His own lips and I raised my sword and spilled my blood to make them a reality!'

'But there are visions–'

'There are lies!' shouted Guilliman. 'I am the only living being to have spoken with the Emperor for ten thousand years. Ten thousand years, Mathieu, and yet you dare to suppose you know His mind? You priests burn, maim and condemn on the basis of supposition. You practise your barbaric religion in the name of a man who despised and wanted to overthrow all of these things. The Emperor's purpose was to lead us out of the darkness. You, Frater Mathieu, you and your kind are the darkness!' He turned his head aside in disgust. 'These feats of faith can be explained by the workings of the empyrean. No god need be invoked, and if one is, it is rarely the thing that is called upon. There are beings in the warp that hearken to such entreaties. I assure you they are not gods, and the Emperor is not one of them. None of what you believe in can be trusted. None of it!' His voice rose to a condemning shout that echoed off the marble walls. Colquan looked shocked. Mathieu was battered to his knees. He bowed his head and cowered.

Guilliman reined his anger in, his voice fell to a harsh whisper. 'You cannot be trusted.' He swallowed and continued in more measured tones. 'The man that created me did His job well. The battle would have been won without any intervention from the powers of the warp. That girl was a psyker of rare ability, nothing more, whose presence on the field could have done a great deal of harm. By ordering Iolanth–'

'But, my lord, I ordered nothing!' 'Do not interrupt me!' Guilliman said. He held up his hands as if he were going to grab Mathieu by his homespun robes and haul him up into the air and crush his skull, but his fingers stopped short of the priest, where they trembled with rage. 'By ordering Iolanth,' Guilliman repeated, 'to bring her to the battle, you risked the annihilation of all our forces. If she had not mastered her ability, if she had become a conduit into the warp…' Guilliman bared his teeth.

Mathieu had never suspected the primarch might harbour such depths of rage. Guilliman had always been described as such a bland fellow, a competent genius untroubled by the miseries of unbounded humours. In the scriptures it was his brothers, and mostly the traitorous fiends at that, who had exhibited the unsaintly traits of anger. But the primarch was angry, and it was a primordial rage born in the hearts of tortured planets and fast-burning stars. In the brunt of his fury was the anger of the God-Emperor Himself.

Mathieu quailed, and yet he felt the beginnings of religious ecstasy creep into his gut. The thought of being destroyed by Guilliman, of falling to the Emperor's only living son, almost undid him.

Guilliman recoiled from the adoration shining from Mathieu's eyes. 'You disgust me. I will not kill you. I cannot. I miscalculated, choosing you. I should have appointed another parasite to your position, like Geesan and the rest. Instead I thought it best to have an inspiring man by my side, to make a virtue of your religion. And this is the repayment I get for giving weight to your faith? You could have killed us all! Chaos has tried to trick me several times – me! Do you think you are below its attentions? It will use anything to see our species fall. Be sure that your faith does not give it an open gate into your heart.'

'You saw, my lord. You saw your father's light!'

'He is not my father,' Guilliman said. 'He created me, but I assure you, priest, that He was no father. King Konor was my father.'

Mathieu blinked at him. 'My lord, please.'

'Listen to me. You live by my indulgence alone. You may have manipulated Tetrarch Felix. You may even have hoodwinked me. Enjoy your success, it shall never happen again.' Guilliman extended his fist. Again, Mathieu thought the primarch meant to strangle him, but he pointed a single, accusing finger. 'Disobey me again, Mathieu, either the letter of my orders or the spirit of my leadership, or if you so much as varnish a single one of my words, then I shall commit you to the cleansing flames your cult is so fond of, no matter what ramifications such an action might have. You might seek to gather more power to your religion by winning me over. I say it shall never, ever happen. I will never give myself over to worship of the Emperor. I will not put myself in thrall to you and all the other priests. I tolerate the Adeptus Ministorum as a necessary evil. Do not force me to reevaluate my position.'

Mathieu abased himself on the floor. 'I seek only to serve you, my lord.'

'We are done here.' The primarch's rage turned off. The heat left the room. He seemed smaller again.

'Watch your step, priest,' said Colquan. 'The Lord Guilliman might not move against you, but there is nothing stopping me.'

'Colquan,' said Guilliman. 'Enough.'

Colquan pointed at Mathieu. 'I am watching you.'

'Colquan!' Guilliman went to the door. 'Guard, I am finished.' His voice was hoarse with rage. The doors opened. Mathieu got up off the floor and called after him.

'One day,' Mathieu said. 'One day you will see, my lord! You will see the truth! That day will be a glorious day, a thankful day. I shall not relent in my attempts to save you! I cannot! It is your father's purpose for me!'

Captain Sicarius stood to attention and saluted as Guilliman walked out, then he and his Victrix Guard fell into line behind Colquan. The balance of Primaris Marines to Space Marines had shifted in the guard. Those that had fallen in battle had been replaced by the newer breed.

'You will see!' Mathieu called. The doors slid closed, leaving him alone. 'The Emperor watches us all,' he said. He clasped his hands and closed his eyes in prayer. 'Glory, glory,' he whispered. 'Guilliman sees! He begins to see! Glory, glory.'

That's what I'm getting from that, anyway. The word is not out, I suppose, but I'm sure it will be.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From Plague Wars:

'What have you got to say for yourself, militant-apostolic?'

'Sister Iolanth acted under her own recognisance, my lord. The true servants of the Emperor recognised the girl for what she was, and rushed to aid you.'

Guilliman took a step forward. He loomed over the priest.

'You will not ever lie to me again, militant-apostolic,' he said plainly. 'You are lying to me now. You even convinced Sister Iolanth to lie under oath. By the Throne, man, what deviousness is present in you.'

'My lord, if I may–'

'You may not!' Guilliman's shout was sudden and terrifying. 'This was your doing,' he said calmly again. 'A good man lies dead. My warriors turn upon one another. A champion of the Emperor is grievously wounded, another is executed, and all this for no other reason than your arrogance. You believe yourself to be better informed than I. I want you to understand now that is not the case.'

'I swear, Iolanth did not act upon my orders,' said Mathieu.

Guilliman growled deep in his throat, an inhuman sound that should never have emanated from so perfect a being. It struck fear into Mathieu that he could not hide.

Guilliman snorted in contempt. 'You disobey my orders again. You lie. Confess. You were responsible.'

'My lord regent…' Mathieu began. He looked into Guilliman's eyes and saw the fury that would consume him if he dared deny again. 'You saw what happened,' he said instead.

'Confess, preacher,' said Guilliman. The heat of anger coming off him beat at Mathieu. 'Tell me that you did it. I want to hear you say it.'

Mathieu took a step backwards. 'Did you not see! Your father was on the field with us, working through the child,' said Mathieu. 'She was a vessel for your father's power, chosen by Him. His will worked through her!' He retreated further as Guilliman advanced on him. 'She threw back the daemons. No child could have done that! A golden light issued from her… The Emperor was there, He was with us, all around us. He helped you win! The Emperor is with you!' gabbled Mathieu.

'Was he now?' said Guilliman. 'I saw unbounded psychic ability let loose. It could have come from any source, not least the gods who are rival to my brother's patron.' Guilliman leaned forward. A vein pulsed in his broad forehead. 'You speak, you priests, as if you know my so-called father, as if you are privy to His will and His word, as if He would speak through you!' His fist clenched. Out of his armour he seemed more dangerous. 'You have never spoken with Him. Not one of you damnable fanatics has ever exchanged so much as a word with the Emperor. I lived with Him. I fought at His side for centuries. I studied with Him. I learned of His dreams for mankind from His own lips and I raised my sword and spilled my blood to make them a reality!'

'But there are visions–'

'There are lies!' shouted Guilliman. 'I am the only living being to have spoken with the Emperor for ten thousand years. Ten thousand years, Mathieu, and yet you dare to suppose you know His mind? You priests burn, maim and condemn on the basis of supposition. You practise your barbaric religion in the name of a man who despised and wanted to overthrow all of these things. The Emperor's purpose was to lead us out of the darkness. You, Frater Mathieu, you and your kind are the darkness!' He turned his head aside in disgust. 'These feats of faith can be explained by the workings of the empyrean. No god need be invoked, and if one is, it is rarely the thing that is called upon. There are beings in the warp that hearken to such entreaties. I assure you they are not gods, and the Emperor is not one of them. None of what you believe in can be trusted. None of it!' His voice rose to a condemning shout that echoed off the marble walls. Colquan looked shocked. Mathieu was battered to his knees. He bowed his head and cowered.

Guilliman reined his anger in, his voice fell to a harsh whisper. 'You cannot be trusted.' He swallowed and continued in more measured tones. 'The man that created me did His job well. The battle would have been won without any intervention from the powers of the warp. That girl was a psyker of rare ability, nothing more, whose presence on the field could have done a great deal of harm. By ordering Iolanth–'

'But, my lord, I ordered nothing!' 'Do not interrupt me!' Guilliman said. He held up his hands as if he were going to grab Mathieu by his homespun robes and haul him up into the air and crush his skull, but his fingers stopped short of the priest, where they trembled with rage. 'By ordering Iolanth,' Guilliman repeated, 'to bring her to the battle, you risked the annihilation of all our forces. If she had not mastered her ability, if she had become a conduit into the warp…' Guilliman bared his teeth.

Mathieu had never suspected the primarch might harbour such depths of rage. Guilliman had always been described as such a bland fellow, a competent genius untroubled by the miseries of unbounded humours. In the scriptures it was his brothers, and mostly the traitorous fiends at that, who had exhibited the unsaintly traits of anger. But the primarch was angry, and it was a primordial rage born in the hearts of tortured planets and fast-burning stars. In the brunt of his fury was the anger of the God-Emperor Himself.

Mathieu quailed, and yet he felt the beginnings of religious ecstasy creep into his gut. The thought of being destroyed by Guilliman, of falling to the Emperor's only living son, almost undid him.

Guilliman recoiled from the adoration shining from Mathieu's eyes. 'You disgust me. I will not kill you. I cannot. I miscalculated, choosing you. I should have appointed another parasite to your position, like Geesan and the rest. Instead I thought it best to have an inspiring man by my side, to make a virtue of your religion. And this is the repayment I get for giving weight to your faith? You could have killed us all! Chaos has tried to trick me several times – me! Do you think you are below its attentions? It will use anything to see our species fall. Be sure that your faith does not give it an open gate into your heart.'

'You saw, my lord. You saw your father's light!'

'He is not my father,' Guilliman said. 'He created me, but I assure you, priest, that He was no father. King Konor was my father.'

Mathieu blinked at him. 'My lord, please.'

'Listen to me. You live by my indulgence alone. You may have manipulated Tetrarch Felix. You may even have hoodwinked me. Enjoy your success, it shall never happen again.' Guilliman extended his fist. Again, Mathieu thought the primarch meant to strangle him, but he pointed a single, accusing finger. 'Disobey me again, Mathieu, either the letter of my orders or the spirit of my leadership, or if you so much as varnish a single one of my words, then I shall commit you to the cleansing flames your cult is so fond of, no matter what ramifications such an action might have. You might seek to gather more power to your religion by winning me over. I say it shall never, ever happen. I will never give myself over to worship of the Emperor. I will not put myself in thrall to you and all the other priests. I tolerate the Adeptus Ministorum as a necessary evil. Do not force me to reevaluate my position.'

Mathieu abased himself on the floor. 'I seek only to serve you, my lord.'

'We are done here.' The primarch's rage turned off. The heat left the room. He seemed smaller again.

'Watch your step, priest,' said Colquan. 'The Lord Guilliman might not move against you, but there is nothing stopping me.'

'Colquan,' said Guilliman. 'Enough.'

Colquan pointed at Mathieu. 'I am watching you.'

'Colquan!' Guilliman went to the door. 'Guard, I am finished.' His voice was hoarse with rage. The doors opened. Mathieu got up off the floor and called after him.

'One day,' Mathieu said. 'One day you will see, my lord! You will see the truth! That day will be a glorious day, a thankful day. I shall not relent in my attempts to save you! I cannot! It is your father's purpose for me!'

Captain Sicarius stood to attention and saluted as Guilliman walked out, then he and his Victrix Guard fell into line behind Colquan. The balance of Primaris Marines to Space Marines had shifted in the guard. Those that had fallen in battle had been replaced by the newer breed.

'You will see!' Mathieu called. The doors slid closed, leaving him alone. 'The Emperor watches us all,' he said. He clasped his hands and closed his eyes in prayer. 'Glory, glory,' he whispered. 'Guilliman sees! He begins to see! Glory, glory.'

That's what I'm getting from that, anyway. The word is not out, I suppose, but I'm sure it will be.
It seems like he is trying to
drag the Imperium back to the Imperial Truth. And that could be the thing that sparks a civil war.

Oct 26, 2017
I just can't see GW going that route overall. It might get a mention of being possible in the fluff but they won't do something drastic like that.

If another loyalist primary were to return they'd be on Bobby G's side with regards to the religion issue. Of the ones we know:

Lion: Got over his petty disagreements and never worshipped his father.

Vulkan: The best bro primarch of all, no conflict there

Corax: Also unlikely

Russ: If he comes back then either the emperor will be restored or it's the end times.

The Khan: Never had issue with Guilliman

Dorn: Again not religious.

And if a non primarch leads a religious rebellion they will be stomped flat.

You have a better chance of Ahriman becoming a loyalist (which would actually fit the lore but GW can't be bothered).

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping Guilliman would go this route. I doubt GW will shake the status quo but one can only hope.

Jack Scofield

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who only has a cursory knowledge of the fluff, has GW ever made any drastic advancements or changes to the universe? Or has it mostly remained static?

Mudcrab

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I just can't see GW going that route overall. It might get a mention of being possible in the fluff but they won't do something drastic like that.

If another loyalist primary were to return they'd be on Bobby G's side with regards to the religion issue. Of the ones we know:

Lion: Got over his petty disagreements and never worshipped his father.

Vulkan: The best bro primarch of all, no conflict there

Corax: Also unlikely

Russ: If he comes back then either the emperor will be restored or it's the end times.

The Khan: Never had issue with Guilliman

Dorn: Again not religious.

And if a non primarch leads a religious rebellion they will be stomped flat.

You have a better chance of Ahriman becoming a loyalist (which would actually fit the lore but GW can't be bothered).

Possibly, but they often do have large faction infighting and the sort getting out of hand. Like the Dark Angels going to war with the Space Wolves after finding out about the Wulfen.

At least I don't see them skipping out on having Guilleman and the Ultramarines on his side facing a serious backlash given how hard they're hinting at it.

But still though, a civil war would be a rear opportunity for GW to design and sell a new wave of Space Marine designs.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Possibly, but they often do have large faction infighting and the sort getting out of hand. Like the Dark Angels going to war with the Space Wolves after finding out about the Wulfen.

At least I don't see them skipping out on having Guilleman and the Ultramarines on his side facing a serious backlash given how hard they're hinting at it.

But still though, a civil war would be a rear opportunity for GW to design and sell a new wave of Space Marine designs.

To be fair, the Dark Angels also will go to war with anyone close in figuring out about the Fallen FOREVER LOYAL BROTHERS WHO VANISHED A WHILE AGO.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who only has a cursory knowledge of the fluff, has GW ever made any drastic advancements or changes to the universe? Or has it mostly remained static?

The Gathering Storm, which was a couple of years ago, was a major event that almost cut the Imperium in two and destroyed a major Imperium strongholds. Not to mention it brought back a Primarch and a lot of other stuff.