• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Possibly, but they often do have large faction infighting and the sort getting out of hand. Like the Dark Angels going to war with the Space Wolves after finding out about the Wulfen.

At least I don't see them skipping out on having Guilleman and the Ultramarines on his side facing a serious backlash given how hard they're hinting at it.

But still though, a civil war would be a rear opportunity for GW to design and sell a new wave of Space Marine designs.

True, but only in small doses in the fluff. The months of shame (Space Wolves vs Grey Knights) was in the past. Not to mention it's usually kept hush hush.

GW doesn't rock the boat too much. Bobby G coming back is the most exciting thing to happen in..well ever.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Really like the look of the new possessed. Though the wording of "greater" makes me wonder if the regular possessed will stick around or some other kind of possessed unit might come for Chaos, be it CSM or some other Chaos faction.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I would think the Greater would mean that it could fill in an elite spot, while the regular possessed remains as a troop choice. I guess we would have to wait until they show everything else.

Oct 26, 2017
The eldar goddess tested him hard and he will follow the one that gives him his brothers.

Not if GW keeps putting him back under Magnus's sway. He should be trying to reverse Rubric and get his legion away from chaos but anytime Magnus does anything suddenly Ahriman is back with him because the writers can't make anyone nuanced.

Oct 26, 2017
I call upon my Tau experts once more! Please help. I got my first Broadsides, and had to buy bits for a 3rd rail rifle. Problem is this extra plastic piece that came with it in picture to left. I can't for the life of me find out where it goes, and I can't match to any pictures online. Any ideas?
20190228-223614.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
True but I think they are building for a big betrayal mid war that will make Magnus lose.

I would be overjoyed if Ahriman made a secret deal with Yvraine to save his brothers and took half the Thousand Sons away when Magnus needed them the most and just peace out.

Ahriman: "Yeah dad, you screwed over our legion and damned us when your dumb ass just had to surrender to Russ. We don't owe you shit and you and Tzeetch deserve each other. I'm out, and so are the Rubric marines."

I would be overjoyed if Ahriman made a secret deal with Yvraine to save his brothers and took half the Thousand Sons away when Magnus needed them the most and just peace out.

Ahriman: "Yeah dad, you screwed over our legion and damned us when your dumb ass just had to surrender to Russ. We don't owe you shit and you and Tzeetch deserve each other. I'm out, and so are the Rubric marines."

Yup, yup until gw writes something this is basically my head canon.

Oct 26, 2017
I call upon my Tau experts once more! Please help. I got my first Broadsides, and had to buy bits for a 3rd rail rifle. Problem is this extra plastic piece that came with it in picture to left. I can't for the life of me find out where it goes, and I can't match to any pictures online. Any ideas?
20190228-223614.jpg

It looks like it goes underneath. If you look at the white rail rifle it's turned upside down and slid under.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

The 40k will explode if this happens. The community is very stagnant and traditional when it comes to any progressing in terms of character development.

Slacka

Oct 27, 2017
20190228-223614.jpg

Flip it on its side and the other way up and then It goes here:

WLxnGjb.jpg

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
New episode of Text-to-Speech-Device!

Quite like the summary of War of the Beast
He sacrificed himself by tackling The Beast into temple-machine's power generators. Detonating them. Shattering the warmachine in its entirity and saving the Imperium from one substantially sized issue.

For a time.

Then it came back.

And there were five others.

The war of The Beast was weird...

Oct 26, 2017
I'd cool your horses, Ahriman probably has domr trust issues after Yvraine dedusted some of his brothers and then flung them out of the Webway to distract Ahriman.

At least it shows Ahriman actually still cares about his brothers, unlike Magnus. Ahriman was willing to jump out of the webway after them. Considering the crazy stuff Ahriman has done in the past- he likely wants to ask Yvraine how the hell she did that.

I'd cool your horses, Ahriman probably has domr trust issues after Yvraine dedusted some of his brothers and then flung them out of the Webway to distract Ahriman.
This.
At least it shows Ahriman actually still cares about his brothers, unlike Magnus. Ahriman was willing to jump out of the webway after them. Considering the crazy stuff Ahriman has done in the past- he likely wants to ask Yvraine how the hell she did that.
We now have "prove" that Ahriman really is about his brothers and not knowledge or the chaos gods, before this they sometimes portrayed him as a way too evil schemer for him to really care.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The Horus Heresy novel A Thousand Sons is the perfect example of how much of a narcissist Magnus is.

Oct 26, 2017
This.

We now have "prove" that Ahriman really is about his brothers and not knowledge or the chaos gods, before this they sometimes portrayed him as a way too evil schemer for him to really care.

That's because GW is schizophrenic when it comes to the fluff. They give us amazing black library novels like the Ahriman Omnibus (which is my favorite series of 40k novels so far) and then because they need the Imperium to have someone to fight they pull back in Magnus. Freaking Magnus...to fight a returned Guilliman. Instead of using someone logical like Lorgar, they throw in Magnus. Then, because Magnus is a narcissistic idiot, they have to bring in Ahriman because Ahriman is the only competent Thousand Sons sorcerer left.

The Horus Heresy novel A Thousand Sons is the perfect example of how much of a narcissist Magnus is.

This, Magnus screwed his legion over so hard. Even knowing that the orders had been changed by Horus, he had the following options.

1) Jump on a ship and meet Russ in orbit, surrendering himself in exchange for his legion. The emperor's orders were for Magnus, and Horus only changed it to kill Magnus later on (with no mention of the legion as a whole)

2) Scatter the legion. Evacuate the planet and go into hiding. This spares the planet of Prospero from annihilation and keeps the legion intact.

3) Warn the legion, prepare for battle. The Thousand Sons damn near won without being prepared, and only lost because the flesh change reared its head...because they had to push themselves to hold the line.

4) Be a dumbass, don't warn his legion, scatter the fleet so the Imperium forces have a cakewalk, act like it's an act of contrition and for the greater good.

Obviously he chose option 4, because Magnus is an idiot. Literally the worst possible option.

That Shadowspear box looks great. I really want those Primaris Models for my new chapter - especially the librarian.

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
I know it's a potato picture, but I already don't like any of the marine minis outside the libby and the scouts - so it's only a small step to Ebay for me this round.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
I was kinda hoping for more for Chaos in that box. The two obliterators and the spider is cool but the Single squad of CSM is a bummer. I guess I'll just have to wait for the proper release of the range in a few months.

The Primaris models are okay. I'm kind Luke warm on them, I wish the Primaris range would lean more into the dark gothic aesthetic rather than "tactic-cool". It makes it hard to be excited for them or pick them up over OG Marines.

Edit: The lack of horned helmets on CSM is really lame. :(

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Shadowspear article is up:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/03/3rd-mar-pre-order-next-week-shadowspear-revealed/

ShadowspearPreview-Mar3-ChaosSpread21nfeg.jpg

ShadowspearPreview-Mar3-CSM6ugrh.jpg

ShadowspearPreview-Mar3-Possessed5sjr.jpg

ShadowspearPreview-Mar3-Obliterators4snc.jpg

ShadowspearPreview-Mar3-VanguardGroup9wjvrg.jpg

ShadowspearPreview-Mar3-Suppressors3dn.jpg

ShadowspearPreview-Mar3-Infiltrators2wnf.jpg

ShadowspearPreview-Mar3-Lieutenant1vgr.jpg

Adding the contents of Shadowspear to your main army is easy thanks to a pair of mini-codexes found in the set! As well as containing datasheets for all the miniatures in the box, each is a fully-fledged army book that'll work on its own, even if you don't possess Codex: Space Marines or Codex: Chaos Space Marines.

You'll find brand-new Warlord Traits and psychic powers, rules for dedicating your army to a specific Legion or Chapter, and matched play points, too! If you're an existing Chaos Space Marines or Space Marines player, plugging Shadowspear into your main army is easy, and if you don't play them already, it's super simple to add them to your collection as an allied detachment.

To get you gaming right out of the box, Shadowspear comes with a mini-campaign set on Nemendghast, one of the industrial worlds in the Vigilus System. With 6 potential missions to play, each offering narrative thrills and tactical challenges, you'll have hours of fun playing with your chosen rival. Each mission is playable with any force, so you can see how your army from Shadowspear fares against Orks, Aeldari or any other faction you choose.

Last edited:

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I was kinda hoping for more for Chaos in that box. The two obliterators and the spider is cool but the Single squad of CSM is a bummer. I guess I'll just have to wait for the proper release of the range in a few months.

The Primaris models are okay. I'm kind Luke warm on them, I wish the Primaris range would lean more into the dark gothic aesthetic rather than "tactic-cool". It makes it hard to be excited for them or pick them up over OG Marines.

Edit: The lack of horned helmets on CSM is really lame. :(

It's telling that there's all these new models and not a single Chainswords between them.

But speaking for myself, they're all a bit too slim for my liking.

I always imagined space marines to be big, beefy fellows like this:
60fb35b72260ffaf054ea3ac09c9765d.jpg

But the Primaris are all a lot more slick and Hollywood-ish in their proprotions, more like this:

man-1.png

I assume it's influence of non-40k superhuman characters like Captain America and Master Chief and so forth being more focused on athleticism shaping our general perception of what a cool superhuman looks like.

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, not a fan. I too think there is too much tacti-cool too little gothic imagery. The libby and the scouts are okay.

In Sisters we trust!

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, that is kind of the point? These marines were made in a post Roboute world. I doubt he will try to make these new marines gothic.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I really want chainsword/power sword marines again but since they're doing doing the various "chambers" of marines i'm cool with waiting a bit.

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
Love (*LOVE*) the Librarian and the "scouts", but oh my the rest of the Primaris...

GUOHefd.png

Soya

Oct 28, 2017
I think like many on the gaming side my first contact with 40K was Dawn of War. That lead me to fluff wikis and from there to the novels. The tabletop gaming aspect always seemed too time consuming and expensive (and lack of artistic ability). So I concentrated on fluff and video games.

So I read many of the popular series like Gaunts Ghosts, Eisenhorn, Ravenor, Ciaphas Cain, Grey Knights, Spacewolfs and the Horus Heresy etc and played the Relic games. I liked most of them and was pretty high on GW/Black Library. And then seemingly simultaneously THQ shit the bed and Black Library really began to nickle and dime their readers, especially the Horus Heresy crowd.
More and more novellas, short stories and audio dramas were released, later to be collected in the main series (with wildy varying timeframe. e.g. the first novella Promethean Sun was just collected last year, seven years after its original release). The series was originally directly released in the small and cheap mass paperback version, which I liked, because it was easier to carry around and read for my commute. But after a while they decided to first release a hardback version, then a paperback and lastly the mass paperback. Since the last version was the most convenient and I didn't want to change the form factor of my collection over 20 books in (the cheaper price is a factor too), I had to wait like 6-18 months from the hardcover release from that point forward.
On top of that two of my favourite series, Gaunt's Ghosts and Ciaphas Cain were put on ice for whatever reason.
All of this really soured me on GW and I kinda stopped following them and buying books.

Only recently with the resurrection of Guilliman and all the new fluff and a bunch of youtube lore videos did I get back into it and look what we have here? Two new Gaunt books and a new Cain book. That is a good start. Horus Heresy is still fucked but at least it seems like they are trying to put all the side stories into the main book.

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, that is kind of the point? These marines were made in a post Roboute world. I doubt he will try to make these new marines gothic.

Yeah I know, Roboute was a mistake.

I understand they are making changes in the setting, but I reserve my right to complain, lol. I feel like these changes are making 40k, or at least the Imperium of Man more generic sci-fi from the grimdark setting I among others enjoy.

I mean, the disappearance of the chainsword is a small thing, but it still hurts because it takes away something unique from the setting.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

I understand they are making changes in the setting, but I reserve my right to complain, lol. I feel like these changes are making 40k, or at least the Imperium of Man more generic sci-fi from the grimdark setting I among others enjoy.

I mean, the disappearance of the chainsword is a small thing, but it still hurts because it takes away something unique from the setting.
I can see your point. I won't discuss this any further with you or others.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017

I do think we will be getting a dedicated melee "chamber" as well so I'm not too worried.(not now but in the future).

edit. boxset is confirmed to be monopose btw on facebook supposedly (it def looked monopose but nice to have the supposed confirmation).

VcVRtS6.jpg

Last edited:

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
Are they autocannons on those flying marines?

That's so gloriously dumb I love it.

Oct 25, 2017
Primaris models are a little busy but if I've read correctly the fully posable/customisable versions will come down the line. Very interested in the snipers and the general style of tactical armour for a nice contrast against normal Primaris armour.

Chaos models just hurt my senses there's so much going on. Not sure if that's intentional meta design lol

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
What's this about no more chainswords? Do Primaris get power swords as base? If so that's pretty shitty. Luckly for us, the Sisters are about to charge in with EVISCERATORS! And I'm sure there'll be plenty of Sister Superiors with chainswords and power mauls.

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So just found this hangout through the spotlight!

A friend of mine (who is super into 40K) recently got me the gene stealer cult for kill team for my birthday, and I'm actually going over today to paint them for the first time ever!

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
What's this about no more chainswords? Do Primaris get power swords as base? If so that's pretty shitty. Luckly for us, the Sisters are about to charge in with EVISCERATORS! And I'm sure there'll be plenty of Sister Superiors with chainswords and power mauls.

All the primaris hqs get powerswords and if they can pick a melee weapon. The only primaris unit that can use a chain sword is blood angel and space wolves sergeants (and normal sergeants in kill team). The only melee primaris unit uses combat knives currently.

Oct 26, 2017
So just found this hangout through the spotlight!

A friend of mine (who is super into 40K) recently got me the gene stealer cult for kill team for my birthday, and I'm actually going over today to paint them for the first time ever!

Welcome to the hobby! Gene Stealer cults are pretty much the new hotness at the moment so they're a good faction to jump in on. Feel free to post pictures of your finished kill team!

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to the hobby! Gene Stealer cults are pretty much the new hotness at the moment so they're a good faction to jump in on. Feel free to post pictures of your finished kill team!
Thanks! And definitely will do!

My only other experience was when this same friend ran me through a kill team match, had an absolute blast lol.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
All the primaris hqs get powerswords and if they can pick a melee weapon. The only primaris unit that can use a chain sword is blood angel and space wolves sergeants (and normal sergeants in kill team). The only melee primaris unit uses combat knives currently.

I have always lamented how generally useless Chainswords are in the tabletop game. They're the iconic weapon of the brand and they're barely used, and all they do is provide a single extra attack.

All Space Marines should carry Chainswords instead of pistols, that's what I say. And give them better stats, like +1S, -2AP or something. They should mulch through light infantry in close combat.