• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, Warhammer Facebook showed the size of the Keeper of secrets in comparison to all the other Greater Daemons:

5j82hcxcqvo21.jpg

1. The Keeper of Secrets is far larger than I thought.
2. Awwwwww, who's a little Bloodthirster? Yes you are! Yes you are!

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, KoS is reqlly BIG. If I didn't have over a hndred minis in my dusty and forgotten backlog I would definitely grab one, having a mini this big means painting the details on it must be a delight.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Does anybody have comparison between old Termis and nuTermis handy? Scaled to base size like that greater demon pic I mean. Even better if a nuCSM is in the pic as well.

I'm trying to decide if I should get the Termi kit and use their legs for even bigger CSM (the usual truescale hack) or stick with sawing their legs apart and spacing them with plastic card.

The Termis then could get legs moulded from Abaddon's...or from the new Obliterators. I already stuck a pair on a Termi Wolf Priest I did last year and they look very meaty, but aren't much longer. With the plastic card in his torso he's now almost as tall as a Primaris. With spacing in his tighs as well he should be close to true scale.

Oct 25, 2017
Just found out that Games Workshop scrapped the digital version of White Dwarf last year. Really puzzling decision on the face of it, especially given the moves GW has made to offer products digitally in recent years!

Frozen Viper

Feb 7, 2019
Does anyone know if the Ciaphas Cain audiobooks are worth it? I remember reading and loving several stories years back, and have some unspent Audible credits. Does it read more like an audio drama with how Star Wars books will add SFX and music, or just a straight reading? Does it include Amberley's footnotes as well?

Thanks in advance!

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if the Ciaphas Cain audiobooks are worth it? I remember reading and loving several stories years back, and have some unspent Audible credits. Does it read more like an audio drama with how Star Wars books will add SFX and music, or just a straight reading? Does it include Amberley's footnotes as well?

Thanks in advance!

Deep in the Water and The Devil You Know are Audio Dramas while For the Emperor is just the first book in audio form. All three however are written in the style of the "Cain Archive" so it means that it is written from Cain's point of view for the audio dramas it will switch from first-person narration to coversations. Deep in the Water is the first and is the weakest imo but all three are good if you like Ciaphas Cain. For the Emperor is just reading the text but the reader will change depending on whether the POV is Ciaphas, Amberly, or Sulla.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I'm interested in who would win in single combat at the moment, Roboute or Abaddon?

future fight between them soon?

Oct 26, 2017
I'm interested in who would win in single combat at the moment, Roboute or Abaddon?

That's tough to call...realistically I feel Abbadon because of all the chaos power he has. His weapon is also clearly superior to the emperor's sword. So single combat probably goes to Abbadon.

That being said, Guilliman is an actual legit master strategist (as opposed to GW retconning all of Abaddon's failures). Logically he'd bait Abbadon into single combat and then surprise him with a company of Grey Knights or something.

Realistically only someone like Draigo could take Abbadon 1:1. I don't care how strong Abbadon is, Draigo lives in the warp and smashes chaos realms for fun.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

future fight between them soon?

NEVER MIND, MISREAD! SPOILERS FAR CALGAR VS ABANDON, NOT ROBOUTE

Abandon The Despoiler wins. It's not even close. Roboute only escapes with his life because he was a distraction and while Abandon was busy slaughtering him, he sent an Eldar ship full of Votex missiles to Abandon's flagship. Abandon leaves after ripping Roboute's two hearts in two. Roboute however survives thanks to plot armor I mean the Belisarian Furnance which repaired his secondary heart.

Last edited:

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Calgar leader of the Ultramarines still, or did leadership revert back to Roboute?

It reverted back to Roboute. Though since Roboute is still commander of all the Imperium, Calgar is still in charge of the Ultramarines most of the time. He just has a higher boss now. Roboute is too busy trying to rebuild his Imperium Secondus and rebuilding his legion to worry just on the Ultramarines.

Oct 26, 2017
Calgar would (and did) lose to Abbadon.

The only non primarch, non primaris, non grey knight astartes who stands a chance against Abbadon is Dante. If the Black Rage takes over Dante will end Abbadon and die in the process.

Assuming the Sanguinor doesn't show up and they double team him.

Calgar would (and did) lose to Abbadon.

The only non primarch, non primaris, non grey knight astartes who stands a chance against Abbadon is Dante. If the Black Rage takes over Dante will end Abbadon and die in the process.

Assuming the Sanguinor doesn't show up and they double team him.

The Sanguinor not showing up for a Blood Angel in peril not on a spacehulk, lol.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQL2cojKxwg

So i'm watching the space marine ending again, and I'm so bothered about a few things

- why are the Black Templars with an Inquisitor
- did an imperial guard commander really say to avoid the threats of an Inquisitor

The Inquisition can technically take charge of a group of Space Marines. Though it was propbably a technical limitation and wanted Grey Knights or Deathwatch there but couldn't and had the Templar's assets on hand.

Lt. Mira's reaction is odd but comes from a place of emotion. It's kinda assumed Titus and Mira had some kind of feelings for one another so that's probably why.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
The Inquisition can technically take charge of a group of Space Marines. Though it was propbably a technical limitation and wanted Grey Knights or Deathwatch there but couldn't and had the Templar's assets on hand.

Lt. Mira's reaction is odd but comes from a place of emotion. It's kinda assumed Titus and Mira had some kind of feelings for one another so that's probably why.
It's just funny that the black Templar's are probably the biggest "fu*k the codex" chapter and they have to listen to Leandros rant about it

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
Just got the new Chaos codex and flicking through it. My secret favourite new thing is they just straight up added Thunder Hammers to the melee weapons list, allowing Chaos Lords (with jump packs perhaps) to take them again. Or entire squads of Chosen all with Hammers, probably not the best use of points but funny at least.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
speaking of Russ, he seems to be the rumored next loyalist primarch to come back, but its been 2 years since Roboute's return

i wonder if Roboute will truly be the only loyalist primarch to return

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We have a better chance with The Lion coming back. We A) Know he's alive and B) Know where he is.

Russ is an enigma, Dorn is MIA, Corax is..a cloud, Vulkan is also MIA, and the Khan...who knows.

Lion El'Johnson wakes up, takes one look at the Dark Angles, and says "that's it, I'm telling". The Dark Angels now have to fight themselves over their desire for SECRECY versus their desire to be LOYAL.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still waiting for the Khan to pop out of the webway on his own barge full of dark eldar scalps. Then he'll go on a great hunt for Abbie's head.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Radical
  • Antiquarti- Focus on discovering patterns and events in the past to predict the future.
  • Casophilians- Dedicate their studies to the transition of a Human soul from this world to the next.
  • Horusians- Believe that the power of Chaos that manifested in Warmaster Horus might be harnessed for the creation of a Divine Avatar.
  • Istvaanism- Believe conflict is desirable to further progress through strife.
  • Libricars- Believe in the widespread purging of all Imperial institutions of all corruption and heresy, no matter how minor.
  • Oblationists- Believe that the Warp, the xenos and the unclean are utterly damning, yet their use is necessary to overcome mankind's enemies.
  • Ocularians- Obsessed with predicting and divining the future through arcane rituals.
  • Phaenonites- Believe in the rebirth of the Imperium under their own leadership. Excommunicate Traitoris.
  • Polypsykana- Believe in the ascension of Humanity into a purely psychic race.
  • Recongregationism- Believe that the Imperium should be rebuilt, lest it stagnate further and collapse under the pressure of countless threats from both without and within.
  • Revivificators- Goal is the study of the transition of the soul to the Warp at the moment of death.
  • Seculos Attendous- Maintains that the Ecclesiarchy is hampering and holding back mankind, and therefore they seek to reduce its power and influence where possible.
  • Xanthism- Advocates the use of Warp-based weaponry, such as daemon possessed swords, daemonhosts, and generally turning the power of Chaos against itself.
  • Xeno Hybris- Believe that Mankind must learn from both the achievements as well as the mistakes of Xenos races.
  • Name Unknown - convinced that the Emperor's final ascension can come only in death. These ultra-radicals mercilessly annihilated by Adeptus Custodes at the slightest detection.[3]

Puritan

Amalathians- Believe that the Emperor has a grand plan and that it is unfolding as it should.
  • Anomolian Beholders- Believe that their goal is to observe Humanity and await the Emperor Incarnate's arrival.
  • Ardentities- Believe that the power of the God-Emperor is likely to manifest either through a group or, more likely, through the entirety of Mankind itself.
  • Monodominant- Believe that the Imperium, and only the Imperium, should be allowed to exist.
  • Thorians- believe that the Emperor´s spirit can be transferred into another host, referred to as a Divine Avatar.
what's your ideology, Inquisitor :)? you can choose multiple as well

Foofaraw

Oct 25, 2017
So, finally getting around to listening to Horus Rising from the humble bundle a while back. I was bored with the action at the beginning, but I am digging the politics and human elements as the story is going on. How disappointed am I going to be if I continue on with this series?

Oct 26, 2017
So, finally getting around to listening to Horus Rising from the humble bundle a while back. I was bored with the action at the beginning, but I am digging the politics and human elements as the story is going on. How disappointed am I going to be if I continue on with this series?

I mean I'm on Fulgrim and haven't stopped yet. The action gets better and the horror/twisted elements start to ramp up as time goes on.