• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
GW has been doing better in producing more diversity of their models which is a good thing etc. I think where i disagree with in the other thread was the poster wanting a whole reboot of the primarchs...thats never going to happen
You will get new POC characters than a reboot of the primarchs. I see where that poster is coming from though.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
It's a mostly European representation outside a few, but it's mostly with that idea in mind.
yeah like the Ultramarines are based on the Roman Empire, Dark Angels are Medieval Knights, Blood Angels are Renaissance Italy etc etc.

for white british guys in 1980s creating these characters, they might of saw it as diverse

I understand why some people in a modern audience in some respects, wouldn't

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
yeah like the Ultramarines are based on the Roman Empire, Dark Angels are Medieval Knights, Blood Angels are Renaissance Italy etc etc.

for white british guys in 1980s creating these characters, they might of saw it as diverse

I understand why some people in a modern audience in some respects, wouldn't
Time has changed and so does the meaning of diversity.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
The Primarchs obviously can't be changed, as they were created as characters years ago.

But what about everyone else? Off the top of my head I can't think of a single Black Chapter Master or Major human character.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The Primarchs obviously can't be changed, as they were created as characters years ago.

But what about everyone else? Off the top of my head I can't think of a single Black Chapter Master or Major human character.
Ekene Dubaku and the Celestial Lions are an example of a Black Chapter Master. I think there are others too, but I cannot think of their names right now. Then there is Jonah Orion the Chief Librarian of the Blood Angels and Altheous, an Interrogator-Chaplain of the Dark Angels who are also black. There are PoC in 40k lately with GW and Black Library trying to add more.

Other than that, there should be more Black Chapter Master or Space marines in 40k.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Stop misrepresenting views. People weren't asking for a reboot, they were pointing out that as it stands they are extremely undiverse in a way that makes no sense.

Also, what would be the issue with a 'reboot'? Are you that concerned that a bunch of characters who are dead, who won't feature in the game, might suddenly be a different ethnicity to you? What on EARTH would be the issue if GE did that? I mean, they've retconned way more important things than that in the past. What exactly is so important about the Primarchs all being white Europeans? Compared to how the Necrons, the Chaos Gods, the Squats, the fall of the Eldar, the entire timeline issues and everything else that's been changed in the game what would shifting some characters ethnicity?

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Stop misrepresenting views. People weren't asking for a reboot, they were pointing out that as it stands they are extremely undiverse in a way that makes no sense.

Also, what would be the issue with a 'reboot'? Are you that concerned that a bunch of characters who are dead, who won't feature in the game, might suddenly be a different ethnicity to you? What on EARTH would be the issue if GE did that? I mean, they've retconned way more important things than that in the past. What exactly is so important about the Primarchs all being white Europeans? Compared to how the Necrons, the Chaos Gods, the Squats, the fall of the Eldar, the entire timeline issues and everything else that's been changed in the game what would shifting some characters ethnicity?
Its not that I have an issue with it, its just I highly doubt GW would do it

The Primarchs are some of the most essential characters in the setting, rebooting those characters would piss off the fanbase beyond many levels

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda hard to change stuff that's always front and center. The Primarchs may be currently "dead" or missing but on the Horus Heresy front they're still alive and kicking and GW intends to keep milking that era for a looooong time. Changing stuff that happened in the past isn't the same as changing one of the poster children to a poc for no reason other than to change it. What GW needs to do is add more minority characters in positions of power in the current time.

ps : Grand Inquisitor Coteaz is black.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ok so in the "best primarch" thread there has been a debate going on about if the Primarchs are diverse characters. I argued that they, in my opinion, pretty diverse but there were a few other posters that saw them as being mostly straight white guys. What do you think, do you think they the 18 are diverse characters or are they just all white guys?

primarch-cartoon.jpg

one of the posters wants a "diversity" reboot of the Primarchs and 40k in general. its true that 40k has had issues with gender and ethnic representation, but where do you side on this issue?
As the poster who mentioned that, I just want to say I do realize that the Primarchs have too much history to just "reboot" them. I don't think that's an excuse not to diversify though. For example, we still have two missing Primarchs, time to bring them back instead of just hinting at their secret for dozens of books, get some new cultures in the mix from places like East/South Asia, Africa, Central/South America, and better yet, make them women. 10% female representation is better than 0%.

TBH, the best they can do is stop focusing so damn much on Space Marines, but as long as they're the poster boys of the hobby, there deserves to be at least some representation included.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
As the poster who mentioned that, I just want to say I do realize that the Primarchs have too much history to just "reboot" them. I don't think that's an excuse not to diversify though. For example, we still have two missing Primarchs, time to bring them back instead of just hinting at their secret for dozens of books, get some new cultures in the mix from places like East/South Asia, Africa, Central/South America, and better yet, make them women. 10% female representation is better than 0%.

TBH, the best they can do is stop focusing so damn much on Space Marines, but as long as they're the poster boys of the hobby, there deserves to be at least some representation included.
Sorry, i didn't want to sound like I attacked you. I respect your opinion on it.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

I feel like they need to have better representations with the Sisters of Battle, Sisters of Silence, or any of the other Imperial factions. I know there was an all female titan legion in Titandeath and stuff like that is always great to see.

Last edited:

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If the SoB, SoS, or even the guard(with some female models) got a comparable level of support from GW that SM get, I honestly wouldn't care nearly as much about this as I do.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
do people like the primaris shit... it just seems like heresy, messing with Big E's creations

what is the point of Custodes now, if Primaris marines are on the same level and can be mass produced without the extensive resources that is needed for the Custodes process

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
I know I'm probably the only person who cares about this at all in this OT but some weird shit is going on with the 40k Tabletop RPG Wrath & Glory. For months now the games publisher Ulisses Speil has been radio silent on any updates. It's been almost been half a year since the game released for those who pre-ordered the core rule book (with myself counting among them.) Then the game was whole sale removed from their website's homepage. A poster on their official forums did get a hold of one of their Facebook mods and they said this:
file.php

What exactly that means is hugely unclear and they've only been ghosting people even harder. The vast majority of comments on their FB posts are people asking what's going on with W&G and still no response. Then comes Warhammer Fest, they were actually slated to show up to the event and be apart of a panel about the various licensed RPG's You can even read about it on Warhammer Community. They were a no-show as far as I and other people on the internet could tell. Only Crucible Seven were there for their Warhmmer Fantasy, and Age of Sigmar RPG's. Finally, as of yesterday, all of the Wrath & Glory products on Drive-Thru RPG were removed from the site. There is now actually no way to buy the game and its supplemental material (except for re-sellers of the physical copies of course).

It seems the game may indeed be dead and that depresses the hell out of me. I really like the system and I'm even beginning to set up to GM my own campaign. I can only hope that we'll get some kind of update at Gen Con but if not, there is no hope.

I don't even know why or how this happened in the first place either. The game actually sold really well, it actually got delayed because they didn't expect the high volume of pre-orders. The license is obviously valuable and it would be idiotic to leave money on the table like this. The core book was very rushed an not the best and I wonder if the final product didn't live up to GW's standards and they pulled the license. Or even take control of the product themselves from here forward. I could speculate all day but its pointless. I'm tempted to message GW about this to get any kind of info on this situation.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Yeah it sounds like GW is pulling the plug. Might be that GW is planning on selling their own RPG or something.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Hopefully they work something out as it would be a shame to see such a young game get pulled. Wonder what's gone on behind the scenes?

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
Can't say I have much experience with Wrath & Glory, but it is a shame for its fans that it sounds like the game is in trouble. I've been invested in a few games that have exploded just after launch and it is never fun.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Cubicle 7 is handling 40K RPGs going forward, Wrath & Glory to get a revised reprint and supplements, and they're working with the original team:
Cubicle 7 Entertainment to publish Warhammer 40,000 Roleplaying

Games Workshop is pleased to announce that award-winning publisher Cubicle 7 Entertainment is to produce Warhammer 40,000 roleplaying games.

Cubicle 7 CEO Dominic McDowall said, "Warhammer 40K is a huge chunk of our gamer DNA so we are all incredibly excited to build on the long legacy of 40K RPGs. I've been a 40K fanatic since the first edition, so I am absolutely delighted to bring our brand of roleplaying to this amazing setting."

The initial range of products will be a revised reprint of the Wrath & Glory Core Rulebook and an extensive range of supplements covering exciting new areas, as well as revisiting beloved old favourites. Cubicle 7 hope that their track record of producing beautiful and immersive licensed games that capture the feel of their settings – including Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay – will appeal to Warhammer 40K gamers old and new.

Cubicle 7 is working with Ulisses' Wrath & Glory design team to deliver the titles already planned for the game. Ulisses will continue to publish the German language edition of Wrath & Glory, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay and the Warhammer Age of Sigmar roleplaying games, in partnership with Cubicle 7.

Cubicle 7's new license comes on the back of a year of enormous growth for the company, with a huge increase in staffing and capability to deliver its range of best-selling game lines.

Last edited:

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Cubicle 7 is handling 40K RPGs going forward, Wrath & Glory to get a revised reprint and supplements, and they're working with the original team:

Just came to post this, funny as soon as I started bitching about it last night we actually get some news lol. All good stuff too considering their Warhammer Fantasy 4th ed has been really well received.

A revised rulebook is welcome, the original was rushed, really terribly laid out and rife with typos. Hope they don't change too much of the core rules though, really like the the D6 dice pool system.

Really happy I wont have to homebrew everything in the future and the game will live on. :)

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
The Seige of Terra website is up for Black Library is Live!
https://siegeofterra.com/

The galaxy is in flames. The Emperor's glorious vision for humanity lies in ruins. His favoured son, Horus, has turned from service to the Imperium and embraced Chaos. His armies, the mighty and redoubtable Space Marines, are locked in a brutal civil war. Some remain loyal to the Emperor, whilst others have sided with the Warmaster.
Pre-eminent amongst them, the leaders of their thousands-strong Legions, are the primarchs. Magnificent, superhuman beings, they are the crowning achievement of the Emperor's genetic science. Thrust into battle against one another, victory is uncertain for either side.

After seven long years of bitter fighting, Horus has finally reached Terra. Suffering and damnation await all should the Emperor fall and the war be lost. The end is here. The skies darken, colossal armies gather. For the fate of the Throneworld, for the fate of mankind itself…
The Siege of Terra has begun.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Quick heads-up, there's currently a 40k (and Fantasy) Steam sale. Gothic Armada 2 and Total Warhammer 2 are 33% off, Bloodbowl 2 Legendary (with all dlc) 66% off and there's a whole bunch of other stuff.

Jack Scofield

Oct 27, 2017
I have a question about a plot point from False Gods.

Do readers ever learn more about the story Horus tells Petronella Vivar on his deathbed? We're told it's the most amazing story she's ever heard, and Horus later kills her to keep her silence after Davin.

It's gotta be more than just his impending rebellion, right? If I remember correctly, he hasn't yet been corrupted by Chaos forces at this time.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I have a question about a plot point from False Gods.

Do readers ever learn more about the story Horus tells Petronella Vivar on his deathbed? We're told it's the most amazing story she's ever heard, and Horus later kills her to keep her silence after Davin.

It's gotta be more than just his impending rebellion, right? If I remember correctly, he hasn't yet been corrupted by Chaos forces at this time.
Not really. We don't know what Horus said in that moment.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Anyone played Vermintide 2? It's basically Left4Dead in the WHFB universe right?

It's pretty good, especially impressive as melee fps's can be pretty difficult to get right.

But by the time I got round to buying it (PS4 cus my friend had it and wanted to play it with me) most of the online community was dead. Like I kept getting matched with the same 4 players all day.

Plus just focusing on the Skaven alone and not even having a skin swap for other factions feels like a waste even though I know that was all they were going for.

It's pretty good, especially impressive as melee fps's can be pretty difficult to get right.

But by the time I got round to buying it (PS4 cus my friend had it and wanted to play it with me) most of the online community was dead. Like I kept getting matched with the same 4 players all day.

Plus just focusing on the Skaven alone and not even having a skin swap for other factions feels like a waste even though I know that was all they were going for.
But 2 has chaos vikings.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
If you remember about a week or so back I said I was kitbashing some Heavy Weapon Teams for my Guardsmen using spare pieces. RationalGinger suggsted the Heavy Bolters and so Heavy Bolters it was:

Apoligies for the size of these pics btw. And they aren't properly finished yet as I'm waiting for the Contrast paints to release before I move onto hilighting them properly.

RHOzshg.jpg
Xlj8zKZr.jpg
YghWyvE.jpg
0UIFz22.jpg
Ef3Zrc6.jpg

As for Autocannons I made some much needed changes to my Sentinals. Autocannons are more grindy weapons anyway so its probbably better on them as they live longer.

RfA2Lyt.jpg
J38WR8N.jpg

But 2 has chaos vikings.

I didn't play that one unfortanetely. so that my fault.

Last edited:

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
I definitely think I might take all the unassembled Death Guard that came with Conquest magazine and try doing them super quick with Contrast. Feels like it would be a good trial.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I don't blame Horus or Lorgar for the heresy

I blame Erebus

Erebus looked down on Lorgar he thought "What makes him so special, because he is a primarch?" and corrupted the good nature of Lorgar

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Btw I apoligise for talking shit about Marines in the various Vs topics that have come up.

bin my defense I feel like being honest about 40k being a bit more grounded and not just self-indulgent power fantasied is a good way to get people interested in it who would otherwise just dismiss it outright.

LTWheels

Nov 8, 2017
Annoyingly Solar War does not seem avaliable to listen on Audible, despite saying released today in the app/website. Purchase screen still has it as pre order.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Btw I apoligise for talking shit about Marines in the various Vs topics that have come up.

bin my defense I feel like being honest about 40k being a bit more grounded and not just self-indulgent power fantasied is a good way to get people interested in it who would otherwise just dismiss it outright.
One of the reasons I vastly prefer the Imperial Guard. Much more fun, grounded, human, less "Emperor bothering" (relatively), they're just people in the end.

Only Marine chapters I quite like are the Salamanders for being one of the few genuinly trying to be nice, Space Wolves for being hilariously Viking about everything and the Black Templar for being absolute holy shit lunatics:

Oct 26, 2017
One of the reasons I vastly prefer the Imperial Guard. Much more fun, grounded, human, less "Emperor bothering" (relatively), they're just people in the end.

Only Marine chapters I quite like are the Salamanders for being one of the few genuinly trying to be nice, Space Wolves for being hilariously Viking about everything and the Black Templar

I'm partial to the Dark Angels myself. The knightly order and secrecy surrounding the chapter is atypical.

The Blood Angels are a close second. They do TRY to protect civilians but are fighting their blood cure the whole time.

As far as the guard, it's Catachan or Krieg for me. I like their unique flavor.

Last edited:

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Only Marine chapters I quite like are the Salamanders for being one of the few genuinly trying to be nice, Space Wolves for being hilariously Viking about everything and the Black Templar for being absolute holy shit lunatics:
They are xenophobic assholes who people like. The amount of hype they get from the internet is way over the top and comes across cringy most of the time.

Oct 26, 2017
Isn't that true for every faction though?

Everyone except the Tau. So long as you join the Greater Good, you can be a flying space squid for all they care. They even let you keep your own religion as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.

And no - they do not sterilize people. There's no lore source for that and it's only mentioned in one of the games.