• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
so apparently contrast paints are all sold out in preorders, interesting to see waht happens.
I'm really curious how much is demand and how much is just small supply. I have a pretty large 40k/Sigmar group in my area, and while a few of us have talked about Contrast paints, not a single one is buying any. For me, fuck $7.50 a pot.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really curious how much is demand and how much is just small supply. I have a pretty large 40k/Sigmar group in my area, and while a few of us have talked about Contrast paints, not a single one is buying any. For me, fuck $7.50 a pot.

GW youtubers are pushing it pretty heavily, plus it's something new. I can see people wanting to try it out.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure they have production issues, because the entire range isn't available yet. The paints reshuffling that's happening right now is due to a change in mamufacturer and I bet that's what's causing problems.

dapperbandit

Oct 30, 2017
I got my hands on some at an event in my local store. It's okay I guess... I'm not sure personally where I'd fit into my existing collection.

One thing I would recommend are those beads you can put in paint pots to help get a good consistency when you shake them. Contrast paints need to be skaken a LOT before you get a good consistency. I literally gave up trying to use the white one because my arm got tired shaking the pot for a good few minutes and it was still almost translucent

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know absolutely nothing about 40k but after watching the Astartes shorts, I'm interested in digging through some story/lore.

Any good Youtubers or podcasts that talk about the lore within the 40k universe?

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
I know absolutely nothing about 40k but after watching the Astartes shorts, I'm interested in digging through some story/lore.

Any good Youtubers or podcasts that talk about the lore within the 40k universe?

You can start here : https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

That's pretty much the only thing you need. A lot of 40k stuff on Youtube is on alt-right channels and usually they just read from the Lexicanum anyway, lol.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Alt-right that judges people based on their skin, race, sex, gender, sexiality etc. is, as He would put it:

Absolutely_disgraceful.jpg

Therefore it is heresy in the eyes (eye? glow orb?) of The Emperor.

It is truly fucking despicable though how many alt-righters are drawn to Warhammer 40K and ruin it.

Oct 26, 2017
Not always a huge fan of Spikey Bits, but if this is true...I've never been so happy in my 40K life:

Blood Ravens Getting 40k Rules? July White Dwarf LATEST

The Dawn of War games is what got me into Warhammer in the first place. I still replay 2 and 3 regularly to this day just to experience the story with that chapter and those characters.

And now I can't stop listening to their theme from Dawn of War III in preparation. Holy smokes, I am pumped.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Not always a huge fan of Spikey Bits, but if this is true...I've never been so happy in my 40K life:

Blood Ravens Getting 40k Rules? July White Dwarf LATEST

The Dawn of War games is what got me into Warhammer in the first place. I still replay 2 and 3 regularly to this day just to experience the story with that chapter and those characters.

And now I can't stop listening to their theme from Dawn of War III in preparation. Holy smokes, I am pumped.

It's real.

I'd be more excited but I literally JUST gave up painting Blood Ravens. :(

Still super cool and I'm definitely picking up that issue. Really cool to see that successor chapters are getting some love through Index astartes

Oct 26, 2017
I'll be calling my local store when they open today to see if they got their copies in. If so, it'll be the perfect Father's Day.

Now I just have to find a replacement head for Gabriel Angelos. That FW model is awesome except for his face. Something very odd about that upper lip....

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
So blood Ravens are confirmed canon now... Right?

Alt-right that judges people based on their skin, race, sex, gender, sexiality etc. is, as He would put it:

Absolutely_disgraceful.jpg

Therefore it is heresy in the eyes (eye? glow orb?) of The Emperor.

It is truly fucking despicable though how many alt-righters are drawn to Warhammer 40K and ruin it.

There was never any mainstream way to get into 40K for the general audience and Gamesworkshop were very docile for a decade. So 4 Chan and 1D4chan became the main way into it and the hyperbole and memes became the norm.

There's definetly been some real pushback recently against that in the 40K subreddits at least. Now it's clear they didn't co-opt it and GW is sticking to what the

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So blood Ravens are confirmed canon now... Right?

There was never any mainstream way to get into 40K for the general audience and Gamesworkshop were very docile for a decade. So 4 Chan and 1D4chan became the main way into it and the hyperbole and memes became the norm.

There's definetly been some real pushback recently against that in the 40K subreddits at least. Now it's clear they didn't co-opt it and GW is sticking to what the

Blood Ravens have always been canon. They were originally created in a codex before Relic used them for their games. The question always was if their games were canon as some, such as Space Marine, take place far beyond the 41k millennium

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be calling my local store when they open today to see if they got their copies in. If so, it'll be the perfect Father's Day.

Now I just have to find a replacement head for Gabriel Angelos. That FW model is awesome except for his face. Something very odd about that upper lip....

The Blood Ravens are in the next White Dwarf, not this one.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Oct 26, 2017
I was looking at those apoc boxes. I might have to get one for the marines in prep for Blood Ravens. They seem like they offer pretty good savings?

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was looking at those apoc boxes. I might have to get one for the marines in prep for Blood Ravens. They seem like they offer pretty good savings?

Maybe. Wait until prices are available, sometimes is just the price for all in one box. Other times (usually the Start Collecting boxes) it's a value.

Like for Tau players, the start Collecting box is incredibly valuable.

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
Bit disappointed by the CSM box. That unit composition is only really gonna be used in Apocalypse games, you never realistically need that many marines in a regular Chaos army.

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like prices have been confirmed at $170 a pop for those apocalypse boxes. Just looking at Space Marines, that is about $100 worth of savings.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I could very much do with those movement trays...

Holy shit that's way too many Marines in those boxes though.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I've dipped back into the Heresy with Know No Fear. About a third of the way in, really enjoying it. I love the glimpses of life in Calth across various parts of society, from the top down to those picking vegetables, before it all literally goes to hell.

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
Oh yeah, Know No Fear is great. Also suggested reading for anyone on the "Ultramarines and their Primarch are boring" train.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Oh yeah, Know No Fear is great. Also suggested reading for anyone on the "Ultramarines and their Primarch are boring" train.
Yeah. I've really come around on Robbie since reading Dark Imperium/Plague war and then this. Probably helps that Guy Haley and Dan Abnett are good at injecting character into a wide cast of marine characters, something that put me off reading a lot of the Astartes fiction in the past.

My issue with the Ultramarines goes back to the original codex Ultramarines in the 90s and the Uriel Ventris books, I'm just not that much of a fan of them, and the less said about Cato Sicarius the better!

Having said that I was always a DA player when using marines. Looking forward to reading Unremembered Empire for the Lion/Roboute stuff.

Oct 26, 2017
I wish these boxes had more variety. I was going to pick up Space Marine one, but...30 Intercessors is kind of boring. I get what they are going for though, especially trying to make a batallion.

I guess the rest are good on variety. Just SM I'm not a fan of.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Transport question: How do you feel about having a squad start in a transport from another detachment?

For example, at the beginning of the game I have a detachment of Tallarn, and a detachment of Militarum Tempestus. I can deploy a squad of Scions inside a Tallarn Chimera right?

I can't find anything specifically saying I can't do this but it feels dirty.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I wish these boxes had more variety. I was going to pick up Space Marine one, but...30 Intercessors is kind of boring. I get what they are going for though, especially trying to make a batallion.

I guess the rest are good on variety. Just SM I'm not a fan of.

It would have been a great way to debut a multiparty infiltrator box set imho. Like they did with the imp fist upgrade kit last holiday season (I wish the upgrade sprue was still available)

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
Transport question: How do you feel about having a squad start in a transport from another detachment?

For example, at the beginning of the game I have a detachment of Tallarn, and a detachment of Militarum Tempestus. I can deploy a squad of Scions inside a Tallarn Chimera right?

I can't find anything specifically saying I can't do this but it feels dirty.
I'm unfamiliar with the keywords and rules on the Chimera and Tempestus, but as long as the Chimera says it can transport <KEYWORD> units and the Tempestus share that keyword then they can totally use it as a transport. The actual detachments they are in don't stop the embarking rules.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda annoyed at GW's pricing. The apoc boxes appear to be 100 pounds but then suddenly the price in euros is 130, about 18 more than the parity exchange. Granted I don't actually want to buy anything from there since I'm wallet blocking myself until the Sisters come out but still, lol.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I'm unfamiliar with the keywords and rules on the Chimera and Tempestus, but as long as the Chimera says it can transport <KEYWORD> units and the Tempestus share that keyword then they can totally use it as a transport. The actual detachments they are in don't stop the embarking rules.

Thanks, that works for me.

Oct 26, 2017
5 hour drive to Ohio tomorrow for Buckeye Battles 40k 2v2 tournament on Friday. Teammate and I got 2nd in our last 2v2. Hopefully we don't get stomped in this one. He is rocking Custodes, and I'm Tau. I made one change to my list, which might be really stupid, but I took shield generators off my 3 Broadsides in place of +1 to hit Fly. BS is already so poor on Tau, and so much has Fly nowadays. Plus, his Custodes are such a daunting force running straight at the enemy that hardly anyone even bothered to shoot at my Broadsides, even as they were blasting things away. I just hope I can keep them safe with my shield drones.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Finished painting this guy up the other day. Had a real bitch of a time getting the transfers on for some inexplicable reason. Especially the one on his knee pad. Sorry for the bad pic. hard to get good lighting at 3am.

64674774_2283155528440564_5655106777771933696_n.jpg

As an aside, I picked up some non GW sable hair brushes and holy shit what a difference it makes.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Quick note for Blackstone Fortress owners, the June White Dwarf has Kill Team rules for a Blackstone Fortress setup.

Oct 26, 2017
Welp, just got back from Buckeye Battles Doubles in Ohio. I went in with Tau and my buddy Custodes. 1K each. No named characters allowed. The event used custom/edited scenarios, and I was not a fan. My summaries are going to be terrible and jump around because I also have poor knowledge of most other armies...this is something I have to work on.

My list for anyone curious:
3 Broadside Battlesuits with rail rifles and +1 to hit fly and SMS
1 Riptide with Heavy Burst Cannon and SMS. -1 AP on all weapons, and ability to move and fire Heavy with no minus
10 Shield Drones
About 25 Firewarrirors (strike team)
6 Pathfinders for Markerlights
1 Cadre Fireblade (Warlord) with Unity through Devestation and Puretide Engram
1 Ethereal

Game 1 vs Dark Eldar/Harlequins.
Scenario was a pure Win/Loss. There were 6 objectives. When you held one, you rolled D6 at beginning of turn. 1-5 and the objective disappeared. On a 6, or if the last objective, it became the main objective. Whomever held this objective at the end of Turn 5 won. Nothing else mattered. I hated this scenario, because it relies on luck way, way too much. There was a Death Guard/Death Guard team at the event, and they popped their objective in their deployment zone with a 6 on turn 1. Then they sat on that objective for 5 turns, and the enemy had to come full assault at them. Getting 2K off an objective isn't an easy task when they are Death Guard, and those facing them lost. In our game, we got stomped. It was 9 AM, our brains weren't working great, and anything with negatives to hit are the bane of my Tau existence. I'll just say that it was rough, and I'll die happy if I never have to face Harlequins again.

Game 2 vs Space Marines/Harlequins.
The Emperor hates me and matched me against Harlequins again. The Space Marine also was using a chapter that gave things a -1 to hit. Scenario was slightly better, but still not a fan of at all. There were 4 objective markers, but you scored points at the end of every single turn, both teams. So if teammate and I held 1 objective, and the enemy held 3, then they scored 3 at end of not only their turn, but our turn again if we didn't get them off any objectives. I'll spoil the game and reveal that we lost. The good news is that these 2 guys were some of the most fun people I've ever played against. They were funny as hell, great sports that were always smiling and having a good time, and it really helped make the event worth it. As for the game itself, we rolled a 6 to go first, and they seized with a 6 back at us. Lucky for us, they whiffed HARD on turn 1. They got in our faces immediately, and some crazy unit was coming at me with 10 attacks or some crap with a turn 1 charge. They soaked up most of my overwatch, then thank the Emperor he rolled snake-eyes on his charge. He CP'ed, and rolled another 1. I can't remember if turn 1 or 2, but same player with Harlequins got up close with his Warlord with Custodes, and whiffed all his attacks, then got murdered in retaliation. By end of turn 2, this guy had 2 vehicles left with 5 troops in each. And this is why I really liked these opponents, because by the end of our turn 2, and them getting blasted, they were still in great spirits having a great time. This is where we really screwed up though. My deployment was awful, because the board was SUPER terrain heavy, and I didn't take line of sight into consideration enough. And my teammate went in super aggressive with Custodes, because the marine had a lot of crap in deep strike, and I wanted them intimidated enough to deep strike on their side of board, and not near my Tau gunline. Well, it worked! Except the Custodes were too far forward, and the space marines came in with a ton...Plasma Inceptors were part of it, and they ended up clearing most of my teammates remaining Custodes that over-extended. Then I was so far back with Tau, and line of sight poor to a lot of things that came in, that I was providing barely any help. So they took 3 objectives, and because they scored not only end of their turn, but ours also, they jumped ahead in points fast. And I wasn't mobile or strong enough to fight them off quick enough. To skip a lot of details, we lost by about 5-6 points.

Game 3 vs Chaos Space Marines/Knights.
CSM was composed of 0 psykers. Helldrake, demon engine stuff, lord discordant, and some other small units I didn't recognize. The Knight player brought a Valiant and 2 Warglaives. This scenario was 3 objectives. The objective in dead center of map had a twist---if you stole it from the other team, it gave you 3 points. If you held it still next turn, it was only 1. But the act of stealing gave 3. And in this game, one side had to completely deploy first, which they rolled and lost, so they had to deploy first. We then deployed, but we could only go first in turns if we rolled a 1. We didn't, so they went first. This game we won, and mostly because of poor choices on the enemy team, mixed with (finally) some good work on our side. A Valiant is nightmare fuel against Custodes because of that auto-hit Traitor's Pyre, so I had to tear it down fast. He left his Valiant right in the middle in front of me in his deployment, so I lined up the tightest formation I could possibly do, with every single thing of mine facing that monster. 3 Broadsides with rail rifles far back, Riptide in front of them, and 10 shield drones hidden behind cover to their side so they couldn't be picked off AND still jump in front of bullets. Then all my Firewarriors, Pathfinders, Cadre, and Ethereal in front of them. The map was very terrain heavy with ruins, so my teammate planned to stay behind, creep forward, and charge the Valiant from inside a ruin to avoid overwatch, then chop it down with his Alarus Terminators. Unfortunately, my first shots against the Valiant with my rail rifles ended with me netting 2 wounds that he didn't save, and for damage I rolled my 2D6. I got snake eyes...No re-rolls because I re-rolled to get an extra hit on Valiant. I should have saved for damage. So that hurt. To jump forward, it took 3 damn turns to bring it down, and by the end, my teammate had a single Custode Bannerman and his warlord captain on a bike. The rest had been eaten alive. However, his terminators did charge through ruins at a Warglaive, and chopped it down like a tree. Next turn, the Valiant finished them. His other Custodes charged a Helldrake and got it to a single wound left. Helldrake disengaged and Valiant finished them off too, same turn as the terminators went down. Why I think we won is because the Chaos Space Marine player deployed on the flanks, and his turn 1 AND turn 2 barely did anything as so much terrain was in his way, and barely anything was line of sight. He really should have deployed around the Valiant and pushed down the center with it. Instead, he left it mostly by itself. If they came in together, and he actually hit us turns 1 and turns 2, I'm confident we would've lost. There were other factors, of course, but us having an easy turn 1 and turn 2 from him really helped. In the end, I got my Firewarriors and Riptide up the center to hold the objective, and held it down with teammates warlord on bike. There was only 15 minutes left, and they didn't have enough firepower to hope to take us off of the objective. They ended up conceding.

At the end of the event, we did terrible with 1 win and 2 losses, BUT...we were happy that we scored max points on sportsmanship with all 3 opponents. My biggest takeaway---I HAVE to practice better deployment, and I have to practice making my immobile Tau more mobile. I can't always gunline them, especially when I need to get out and help with objectives. 75% of this is on my mentality, and 25% on my build that re-enforces staying still. This was only my 4th game with Tau, and my 2nd game in doubles, so I have a lot of learning to do. Oh, and I also learned how much I hate things with a negative 1 to Hit. Especially when they make it a negative 2 to Hit.

Oh...and one more thing: I find it amusing that every game we play, people FREAK out about my Riptide. One guy on the enemy team always talks about how it has to die, but no one ever cares about Broadsides. And my Broadsides always end up being the ones to do the most damage. But I also don't know how to draw more fire to myself. My teammates Custodes scare the hell out of the enemy, so they get focused down. I don't know if it is simply because they are that scary, or if the enemy doesn't want to bother wasting shots on my guys that will simply eat them with shield drones. Either way, I have to find a way to draw more fire. But I don't know how...

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Welp, just got back from Buckeye Battles Doubles in Ohio. I went in with Tau and my buddy Custodes. 1K each. No named characters allowed. The event used custom/edited scenarios, and I was not a fan. My summaries are going to be terrible and jump around because I also have poor knowledge of most other armies...this is something I have to work on.

My list for anyone curious:
3 Broadside Battlesuits with rail rifles and +1 to hit fly and SMS
1 Riptide with Heavy Burst Cannon and SMS. -1 AP on all weapons, and ability to move and fire Heavy with no minus
10 Shield Drones
About 25 Firewarrirors (strike team)
6 Pathfinders for Markerlights
1 Cadre Fireblade (Warlord) with Unity through Devestation and Puretide Engram
1 Ethereal

Game 1 vs Dark Eldar/Harlequins.
Scenario was a pure Win/Loss. There were 6 objectives. When you held one, you rolled D6 at beginning of turn. 1-5 and the objective disappeared. On a 6, or if the last objective, it became the main objective. Whomever held this objective at the end of Turn 5 won. Nothing else mattered. I hated this scenario, because it relies on luck way, way too much. There was a Death Guard/Death Guard team at the event, and they popped their objective in their deployment zone with a 6 on turn 1. Then they sat on that objective for 5 turns, and the enemy had to come full assault at them. Getting 2K off an objective isn't an easy task when they are Death Guard, and those facing them lost. In our game, we got stomped. It was 9 AM, our brains weren't working great, and anything with negatives to hit are the bane of my Tau existence. I'll just say that it was rough, and I'll die happy if I never have to face Harlequins again.

Game 2 vs Space Marines/Harlequins.
The Emperor hates me and matched me against Harlequins again. The Space Marine also was using a chapter that gave things a -1 to hit. Scenario was slightly better, but still not a fan of at all. There were 4 objective markers, but you scored points at the end of every single turn, both teams. So if teammate and I held 1 objective, and the enemy held 3, then they scored 3 at end of not only their turn, but our turn again if we didn't get them off any objectives. I'll spoil the game and reveal that we lost. The good news is that these 2 guys were some of the most fun people I've ever played against. They were funny as hell, great sports that were always smiling and having a good time, and it really helped make the event worth it. As for the game itself, we rolled a 6 to go first, and they seized with a 6 back at us. Lucky for us, they whiffed HARD on turn 1. They got in our faces immediately, and some crazy unit was coming at me with 10 attacks or some crap with a turn 1 charge. They soaked up most of my overwatch, then thank the Emperor he rolled snake-eyes on his charge. He CP'ed, and rolled another 1. I can't remember if turn 1 or 2, but same player with Harlequins got up close with his Warlord with Custodes, and whiffed all his attacks, then got murdered in retaliation. By end of turn 2, this guy had 2 vehicles left with 5 troops in each. And this is why I really liked these opponents, because by the end of our turn 2, and them getting blasted, they were still in great spirits having a great time. This is where we really screwed up though. My deployment was awful, because the board was SUPER terrain heavy, and I didn't take line of sight into consideration enough. And my teammate went in super aggressive with Custodes, because the marine had a lot of crap in deep strike, and I wanted them intimidated enough to deep strike on their side of board, and not near my Tau gunline. Well, it worked! Except the Custodes were too far forward, and the space marines came in with a ton...Plasma Inceptors were part of it, and they ended up clearing most of my teammates remaining Custodes that over-extended. Then I was so far back with Tau, and line of sight poor to a lot of things that came in, that I was providing barely any help. So they took 3 objectives, and because they scored not only end of their turn, but ours also, they jumped ahead in points fast. And I wasn't mobile or strong enough to fight them off quick enough. To skip a lot of details, we lost by about 5-6 points.

Game 3 vs Chaos Space Marines/Knights.
CSM was composed of 0 psykers. Helldrake, demon engine stuff, lord discordant, and some other small units I didn't recognize. The Knight player brought a Valiant and 2 Warglaives. This scenario was 3 objectives. The objective in dead center of map had a twist---if you stole it from the other team, it gave you 3 points. If you held it still next turn, it was only 1. But the act of stealing gave 3. And in this game, one side had to completely deploy first, which they rolled and lost, so they had to deploy first. We then deployed, but we could only go first in turns if we rolled a 1. We didn't, so they went first. This game we won, and mostly because of poor choices on the enemy team, mixed with (finally) some good work on our side. A Valiant is nightmare fuel against Custodes because of that auto-hit Traitor's Pyre, so I had to tear it down fast. He left his Valiant right in the middle in front of me in his deployment, so I lined up the tightest formation I could possibly do, with every single thing of mine facing that monster. 3 Broadsides with rail rifles far back, Riptide in front of them, and 10 shield drones hidden behind cover to their side so they couldn't be picked off AND still jump in front of bullets. Then all my Firewarriors, Pathfinders, Cadre, and Ethereal in front of them. The map was very terrain heavy with ruins, so my teammate planned to stay behind, creep forward, and charge the Valiant from inside a ruin to avoid overwatch, then chop it down with his Alarus Terminators. Unfortunately, my first shots against the Valiant with my rail rifles ended with me netting 2 wounds that he didn't save, and for damage I rolled my 2D6. I got snake eyes...No re-rolls because I re-rolled to get an extra hit on Valiant. I should have saved for damage. So that hurt. To jump forward, it took 3 damn turns to bring it down, and by the end, my teammate had a single Custode Bannerman and his warlord captain on a bike. The rest had been eaten alive. However, his terminators did charge through ruins at a Warglaive, and chopped it down like a tree. Next turn, the Valiant finished them. His other Custodes charged a Helldrake and got it to a single wound left. Helldrake disengaged and Valiant finished them off too, same turn as the terminators went down. Why I think we won is because the Chaos Space Marine player deployed on the flanks, and his turn 1 AND turn 2 barely did anything as so much terrain was in his way, and barely anything was line of sight. He really should have deployed around the Valiant and pushed down the center with it. Instead, he left it mostly by itself. If they came in together, and he actually hit us turns 1 and turns 2, I'm confident we would've lost. There were other factors, of course, but us having an easy turn 1 and turn 2 from him really helped. In the end, I got my Firewarriors and Riptide up the center to hold the objective, and held it down with teammates warlord on bike. There was only 15 minutes left, and they didn't have enough firepower to hope to take us off of the objective. They ended up conceding.

At the end of the event, we did terrible with 1 win and 2 losses, BUT...we were happy that we scored max points on sportsmanship with all 3 opponents. My biggest takeaway---I HAVE to practice better deployment, and I have to practice making my immobile Tau more mobile. I can't always gunline them, especially when I need to get out and help with objectives. 75% of this is on my mentality, and 25% on my build that re-enforces staying still. This was only my 4th game with Tau, and my 2nd game in doubles, so I have a lot of learning to do. Oh, and I also learned how much I hate things with a negative 1 to Hit. Especially when they make it a negative 2 to Hit.

Oh...and one more thing: I find it amusing that every game we play, people FREAK out about my Riptide. One guy on the enemy team always talks about how it has to die, but no one ever cares about Broadsides. And my Broadsides always end up being the ones to do the most damage. But I also don't know how to draw more fire to myself. My teammates Custodes scare the hell out of the enemy, so they get focused down. I don't know if it is simply because they are that scary, or if the enemy doesn't want to bother wasting shots on my guys that will simply eat them with shield drones. Either way, I have to find a way to draw more fire. But I don't know how...

Nice write up.

In regards to mobility, it's super important and a lot of players dismiss it because meta-list building only cares about tabling opponents. Gotta have your troops and stuff mobile or some dedicated to being able to get around quick.

In regards to drawing fire, the best way to do that is to have whatever you want to be the distraction kill the opponents most expensive/favourite unit turn 1.

dapperbandit

Oct 30, 2017
I'd be surprised if the new repulsor wasn't about 400 or more; while space marines get new stuff all the time it's not generally costed in a heavily biased way.