• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
New Battle Sisters sculpts:
SoBBulletinSquad-Jul8-Sister2oc.jpg

SoBBulletinSquad-Jul8-StormBolter4swv.jpg

SoBBulletinSquad-Jul8-Flamer5ojs.jpg

SoBBulletinSquad-Jul8-SisterSuperior6kvke.jpg.jpg

SoBBulletinSquad-Jul8-Simulacrum7jhvr.jpg
SoBBulletinSquad-Jul8-Painted8qqkx.jpg

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Hnnng.

All these special bases and poses make me think there's going to be a starter box launched for the Sisters line. I'm guessing against Chaos.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Damn, I guess it was too much to hope for that they were moving away from boobplate. :-/

BattleSisterBulletinRetributors-May27-RetributerFlamer3ks.jpg

Yeah, seems like it.

At the very least it seems like the Retributers are gonna have no boob plate so you could just use them to build your army instead and give them different weapons.

My hope is that these aren't more monopose models.

Orgun

Oct 27, 2017
I finally got to use Sanguinius in a game of 30k last night. He. Did. Nothing. lol

Used his 1 use pistol on a contemptor and my mate made both invuln saves.
Soaked up an entire armies worth of fire to then die to a Boltgun during Overwatch...which required my mate to roll two sixes in a row (hit and wound). I then roll a 1 on the save.

Certainly didn't earn his 450 points in the game lol

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
I'm indecisive. Help me choose a color scheme 40k era. :-/

YMhWL5E.png

Oh damn, I love these, purple grey and turquoise/teal are my favourite colours.
Where did you get the template? I need to test out some colour schemes for my Death Guard before I commit to painting.

Also, can anyone tell me which books are worth reading to find out more about Nurgle/Death Guard lore?
I'm currently reading the First Heretic and didn't find it too interesting until about halfway through, now it's started to get good.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Where did you get the template? I need to test out some colour schemes for my Death Guard before I commit to painting.
I collected these back when Primaris were first announced. I think there was an official one GW put out and other people edited them so they were fillable with MSpaint, as well as adding variants.

Primaris_Marine_Fillable.png

Primaris_Marine_Fillable_HipArmor.png

Space_Marine_Fillable.png

Corvus_Marine_Fillable.png

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Good god, people have gone into a frenzy regarding the new Sisters regarding wether they're monopose or not, they look great or not, blah blah blah. GW needs to hurry and release those because every teaser stokes the fires even more...which might be what GW is aiming for.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Good god, people have gone into a frenzy regarding the new Sisters regarding wether they're monopose or not, they look great or not, blah blah blah. GW needs to hurry and release those because every teaser stokes the fires even more...which might be what GW is aiming for.

I have a feeling the ones they previewed recently are all monopose, but most likely because they're part of a new box set on the horizon. The actual model line will probably be not too dissimilar to what we got with the new CSM range release.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling the ones they previewed recently are all monopose, but most likely because they're part of a new box set on the horizon. The actual model line will probably be not too dissimilar to what we got with the new CSM range release.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well. As I said earlier I believe these are from a dual army set like Shadowspear or Tooth and Claw. I really doubt they wouldn't mark the release of something they've teased for over A YEAR with something along those lines.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well. As I said earlier I believe these are from a dual army set like Shadowspear or Tooth and Claw. I really doubt they wouldn't mark the release of something they've teased for over A YEAR with something along those lines.
The old old rumpur was that Sisters will never get a box since they would already sell like pancakes.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Thanks Geist!

Putting together a Plagueburst Crawler and I am missing one tiny wheel piece, guess there's no way of replacing it?

Also, it's crazy how much detail it has under the chassis, seems like such a waste!

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
Putting together a Plagueburst Crawler and I am missing one tiny wheel piece, guess there's no way of replacing it?

Also, it's crazy how much detail it has under the chassis, seems like such a waste!
I would certainly recommend contacting GW about the wheel. From the accounts I've heard they are fairly willing to replace missing or damaged models although I dunno what the process is like, if you have to take the faulty sprue into a store or anything. Also yeah its a very nice model but I would recommend you don't make my mistake and fully assemble it before painting. Getting the paintbrush behind the forward facing shunt and into all the details down by the treads is a complete nightmare.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
I would certainly recommend contacting GW about the wheel. From the accounts I've heard they are fairly willing to replace missing or damaged models although I dunno what the process is like, if you have to take the faulty sprue into a store or anything. Also yeah its a very nice model but I would recommend you don't make my mistake and fully assemble it before painting. Getting the paintbrush behind the forward facing shunt and into all the details down by the treads is a complete nightmare.

The loss of the part was probably my own fault, I clipped all the parts from the sprue last week, cleaned them up and put them in a ziplock bag ready for assembly. Maybe I left it on the sprue accidentally. I will try contacting GW anyway, thanks.

And thanks for the advice, I haven't glued the top/shunt on yet thankfully!

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
The loss of the part was probably my own fault, I clipped all the parts from the sprue last week, cleaned them up and put them in a ziplock bag ready for assembly. Maybe I left it on the sprue accidentally. I will try contacting GW anyway, thanks.

And thanks for the advice, I haven't glued the top/shunt on yet thankfully!
Ahh, I getya. Hope you can get the situation sorted but if not you got options with Death Guard. You could leave the wheel off and paint it up as battle damage or general decay (perhaps taking a knife to scratch up the area a bit to make it look more natural). Failing that you can always get some green stuff and just cover any unsightly part of the models and sculpt that into Nurgley growths. Green stuff and Nurgle vehicles go together like a house on fire, you can get insanely complex with it but even super simple techniques can get some mega nice (and completely gross) results.

Ohnonono

Oct 29, 2017
Holy Terra
Converting combi meltas is really fun guys and not at all time consuming... The pains I will go through to make my Blightlords silly. They hunting monsters.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Ahh, I getya. Hope you can get the situation sorted but if not you got options with Death Guard. You could leave the wheel off and paint it up as battle damage or general decay (perhaps taking a knife to scratch up the area a bit to make it look more natural). Failing that you can always get some green stuff and just cover any unsightly part of the models and sculpt that into Nurgley growths. Green stuff and Nurgle vehicles go together like a house on fire, you can get insanely complex with it but even super simple techniques can get some mega nice (and completely gross) results.

Thanks, yeah I bought some green stuff to do exactly that as the two tanks I have don't look anywhere near Nurgly enough for my liking, I've never used it before but as you say, even mistakes can be made to look like decay.
Seen that there are some very nice Rhino conversion kits too but they are quite expensive.

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
God I hate working with resin.

Got to love the times when the model will just arbitrarily refuse to stick together.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
That's so awesome! Looking at the production company's credits seems like the show is probably going to be on either Netflix or Amazon. Really looking forward to this. Loved the Eisenhorn books!

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Well, this is it folks, 40k is finally hitting the big leagues.

The next step is a live action movie.

Naarmight

Oct 27, 2017
I have always thought that the Inquistion would work best for a film, and that was based off the terrible Ian Watson books, whilst they were terrible the world building was top notch. I only read the Eisenhorn books this year, and I thought they were fantastic, basically everything the Draco books should have been.

So yeah it really is the best choice (though I do need to read the rest of Ciaphas Cain books)

Bradach

Oct 28, 2017
I just got the new repulsor executioner. I was looking at the datasheets at the end of the assembly instructions and noticed a different damage table on the english datasheet compared with the other languages.
On the english one the movement goes from 10" at full wounds to 5" and then to 3".
On all the others it starts at 12" then 6" then 3".

Have GW commented on this? Its a pretty big difference

Nyari

Oct 27, 2017
So I just finished the 3rd book in the Horus Heresey series and as I understand the next books no longer advance the story in chronological order.
Because I don't really have the time or the motivation to read the next 50 odd novels I wanted to ask which ones come recommended by you guys and which ones are a necessary read for the continuation of the story.

LTWheels

Nov 8, 2017
So I just finished the 3rd book in the Horus Heresey series and as I understand the next books no longer advance the story in chronological order.
Because I don't really have the time or the motivation to read the next 50 odd novels I wanted to ask which ones come recommended by you guys and which ones are a necessary read for the continuation of the story.

I struggled with this as well.

The 4th and 5th follow on from the initial 3 and are worth a read. 5th takes place before, during and after.

After that either, jump to the solar wars which is the start of the end of the series (I think from now on they are suppose to be chronological); or pick a character/event you are interested in and follow their storyline - eg First Heretic > Know no fear

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
I am still over the moon that my guy is getting a tv series. I had to bring the avatar back.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London

Although that's sort of true, they do roughly form a narrative going forward, just overlapping more and more generally. A few do go backwards.

For what it's worth book 4 (Flight of the Eisenstein) starts slightly before the other books to establish it's characters, but generally moves past that quickly and continues the story of the first three directly and is the book that clearly shows what happens next.

Naarmight

Oct 27, 2017
I've been going through all of them, and there really is a lot of filler
However Legion, Fulgrim, Prospero Burns I remember fondly. I cannot remember if A Thousand Sons was any good though.
The White Scars books Scars and the Path of heaven were good
I did enjoy Pharos, but that kinda needs a whole lot of backstory to get there, and the books it links to are not really that interesting.

Oh I believe the Damnation of Pythos is one of the worst books I have ever read, so read that and let me know if I am being harsh At its best it is the most filler of all the books

Honestly the way they developed the story is a bit of a mess, why they didn't keep it simple with each legion having their own story line leading to the siege of Terra, that would have been grand. They could have had as many books as they have now. They just would have been more focused, which I would think would have made them better.

LTWheels

Nov 8, 2017
I strongly recommend First Heretic. Takes place before the start of the Heresy, and is really the true beginning of the fall to chaos.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
I just got the new repulsor executioner. I was looking at the datasheets at the end of the assembly instructions and noticed a different damage table on the english datasheet compared with the other languages.
On the english one the movement goes from 10" at full wounds to 5" and then to 3".

I think no one around here went for one of those. You may want to ask around on Dakka or BoLS. The 12' then 6' then 3' sounds more likely to me, though.

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
I'm looking forward to 5-10 years down the road when 40K is mainstream, and I can tell everoyne
Do not skip Flight if Eisenstein. Fantastic book, and it fits snugly in with book 3 that you should read. Before you jump around, I highly suggest you read it first as events unfold in that book at same take as book 3, and then go past them a bit. You might be a little hazy on details if you skip and come back to it later.

Bradach

Oct 28, 2017

I got a reply back from GW. The English one is the correct one. It's 10" / 5" / 3" for anyone interested

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a thread where I can post a painted model for people to roast?

I just started painting again, had a break for 20 years so could use some feedback.