• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Yep entirely resin. I've not even had a look at every piece yet but I've seen some very slight misalignments which will be easy to sort, no signs of bubbles so far and only one part is noticeably warped (barrels for the anti-air emplacements) but thankfully they're thin pieces and will be easy to straighten with a little hot water.

The main body was sold in two boxes, one box seems to be mostly the legs/feet/hips and a load of armour panels so I think I'm going to start just with that box, saw off the gates/clean them up, then bath them, then dry fit, then assemble all of that before I even start on the second box.

Last edited:

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Yep entirely resin. I've not even had a look at every piece yet but I've seen some very slight misalignments which will be easy to sort, no signs of bubbles so far and only one part is noticeably warped (barrels for the anti-air emplacements) but thankfully they're thin pieces and will be easy to straighten with a little hot water.

The main body was sold in two boxes, one box seems to be mostly the legs/feet/hips and a load of armour panels so I think I'm going to start just with that box, saw off the gates/clean them up, then bath them, then dry fit, then assemble all of that before I even start on the second box.
Do you use a face mask when using a dremel on resin? I used to and wondered what kind of one, if at all, you do

Oct 26, 2017
Unless all I'm doing is a tiny job like using a scraper to get off a tiny mould line I always use a dust mask when drilling/sawing/sanding/filing resin and whenever possible I do it outside. I use a dust mask similar to this. By all accounts resin dust is a nasty, nasty thing to breath in.

edit: oh and particularly if it's heavy duty work, a change of clothes immediately after finishing is probably a good idea too. filing and sawing give off an incredibly fine powder which'll get right into the fabric of your clothes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron

922e5816.jpg

Available to pre-order on the 30th of November.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Horus Heresy in 2020:
2020 is set to be an even better year for The Horus Heresy, and the game's designers are already working hard to produce a year's worth of incredible content! In fact, they're so busy that they won't be running a Horus Heresy Weekender in 2020 – they're devoting the time that goes into organising and running such an event into creating more epic books and models instead. We can share some of the results of their toil with you now…

The Angel's Tears are the Blood Angels' equivalent of Destroyer squads from other Space Marines Legions. Equipped with jump packs and armed with weapons designed to annihilate their enemies, they are true Angels of Death. Whether they are armed with volkite serpenta or Angel's Tears grenade launchers, their arrival heralds total destruction.

443d1aef.jpg

d0019046.jpg

We're also going to take this opportunity to reveal the title of the next Horus Heresy campaign book: The Horus Heresy Book Nine – Crusade.

The new book is all about the conflict between the Dark Angels and the Night Lords, which raged for three years in the Thramas Sector. Alongside details of this brutal struggle, there are in-depth looks at the background and lore of these two storied Legions.

That's not all! Along with the book, 2020 will see some amazing new models released that tie in with the Thramas conflict – all of which we'll take a look at in due time. Meanwhile, the Siege of Terra series from Black Library will continue apace as Horus and the traitors press on with their attack on the Imperial Palace. Adeptus Titanicus will also grow, adding new models and campaigns, letting you fight with god-machines in the Age of Darkness.

Warhammer Live will be running more shows delving into the lore of the 31st Millennium, while here on the Warhammer Community site, we'll be launching a new series of articles called "The Road to Thramas". This will be taking a look inside The Horus Heresy Book Nine and we'll be previewing some of the awesome new models that will be released next year.

24d0f628.jpg

Phew! It's going to be a packed year. Get ready for The Horus Heresy Book Nine – Crusade by reading all about what happened when Konrad Curze and Lion El'Jonson came face to face on the planet Tsagualsa in the short story 'Savage Weapons', found in the Black Library book Age of Darkness.

Oct 26, 2017
Mephiston is glorious. He was one of the first characters I learned about when I got into the hobby, it's crazy that he's been rocking the same mini all this time.

Ragnar next please.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I wonder if that means a Lion El Johnson kit in 2020, the DA lore in the codex is pretty much screaming it.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say he looks alright, despite not being a fan of Blood Angels. I prefer the artwork pose instead of the plasma pistol.

Oct 27, 2017
Looks amazing, can't wait to paint it.

On a other note, I'm trying to get in to the lore of 40k but it's almost impossible with all the freaking books there are, I'm listening to Horus Heresey currently and I got a small grasp on what's going on, but jesus there is so much haha.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron

On a other note, I'm trying to get in to the lore of 40k but it's almost impossible with all the freaking books there are, I'm listening to Horus Heresey currently and I got a small grasp on what's going on, but jesus there is so much haha.
I love that about 40K. I'm always finding out new things about the setting, often stuff that's been in the background for ages already. There's so much lore! I could've even read some bits of it before but completely forgotten those details over time, lol.

Last edited:

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
I still have the rulebooks for those :P (and almost all the Codex from 2nd to early 5th).

I never played Rogue Trader tho, but I discovered 40k (and Games Workshop) through his miniatures. I bought the book time later because it's a stupidly cool book.

Mudcrab

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Listen I love Vulkan too, but Jaghatai coming back just to laugh at the state of Fulgrim and Morty in their faces would be everything

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Corax is the one only to be confirmed alive and active right. While most of the others can easily show up and no one would blink an eye (Khan, Lion, Russ, Dorn, Vulkan)

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018

Don't worry, I'll sum the entirety of 40k lore up for you in this easy to understand image:

4uqqmib4cfm01.jpg

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone is looking for a super easy way to paint plasma coils the contrast paint aethermatic blue is literally perfect.

Also, I have FINALLY figured out a way to prime models with out fucking it up and it's been so cathartic. All I had to do was spray from left to right and turn the model as needed and I get a perfect thin coat every time. No more blobby Space Marines for me!

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone is looking for a super easy way to paint plasma coils the contrast paint aethermatic blue is literally perfect.

Also, I have FINALLY figured out a way to prime models with out fucking it up and it's been so cathartic. All I had to do was spray from left to right and turn the model as needed and I get a perfect thin coat every time. No more blobby Space Marines for me!
Yeah, you start spraying as you sway towards the mini and just make one pass then once more if you want. Short bursts do the job.

Shugdaddy

Dec 1, 2017
Has anyone played gladius on pc? It's on sale atm and looks like my kind of jam.

Although I'd have to buy the tyranid dlc as the core races aren't my favourites

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
Corax is the one only to be confirmed alive and active right. While most of the others can easily show up and no one would blink an eye (Khan, Lion, Russ, Dorn, Vulkan)

Depends on what you mean as active I guess. The Lion is confirmed as awake and alive, and chilling in The Rock. Everyone else is at least ambiguous (or actually dead).

I think the next HH book focusing on the Dark Angels means it's less likely he'll turn up in 40k next summer, I can't see them releasing two models that close together. They've generally tried to avoid that. Which suggests Russ might be the next loyalist I guess.

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
The new Mephiston is near perfect, only the extra fluffy poodle hair lets it down. Black hair and almost no highlights on my Mephiston, please.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably the only person in the hobby who cares but I'd LOVE a plastic Be'lakor model.

I know he's kind of looked down on by a lot of the community but I think he deserves better.

Because this redone in plastic with a slightly more dynamic pose and a bit bigger would be awesome:

99810201030_BelakorDaemonPrince01.jpg

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
Warhammer games are on sale on Steam. Managed to grab Space Marine Collection and Space Hulk Deathwing.

Now, which do I play first? :)

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Of course there's Sisters killteam rules in the 2019 annual. Damn you GW, I guess I'll buy the book. At least it'll also have the kroot and demons in there as well.

Also the rules for the solo Blackstone Fortress run are fun, the Solitaire has some beastly stats. Someone on Reddit mentioned using a Sly Marbo and it made me realise I still haven't assembled my Kara Black "Last stand" from Studio McVey which I think would be perfect for this (though probably smaller scale).

I'll definitely look into this once next week rolls over and I am finally free of the painting contest.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot to mention I got the SIsters of Battle set so I'm currently working on the models. Here's what I've managed to finish so far:

image0.jpg

Cannoness

Also here is the Sister Superior which was supposed to have dark red hair but instead:

image0.jpg

MULTIPASS!