• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
thr Dragon is one of the surviving C'tan. The Silent King was the Necron who made the deal with the C'tan and oversaw the biotransferrance process. He also led the rebellion against the C'tan and then ordered the Necrons to sleep for 60million years whilst he went into the void between galaxies as self imposed exile for what he has done.

Previous lore has him returning because of the Tyranids threat - his plan for the Necrons is to take over an existing species to regain morta flesh (and a soul), and the Tyranids would prevent that. This piece of lore seems to directly contradict that, as it implies he made the Tyranids deliberately to wipe out all organic life.
hanks, I had it all wrong.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
thr Dragon is one of the surviving C'tan. The Silent King was the Necron who made the deal with the C'tan and oversaw the biotransferrance process. He also led the rebellion against the C'tan and then ordered the Necrons to sleep for 60million years whilst he went into the void between galaxies as self imposed exile for what he has done.

Previous lore has him returning because of the Tyranids threat - his plan for the Necrons is to take over an existing species to regain morta flesh (and a soul), and the Tyranids would prevent that. This piece of lore seems to directly contradict that, as it implies he made the Tyranids deliberately to wipe out all organic life.
Tbh that really doesn't make any sense. The Tyranids are themselves organic, and if the Silent King really wanted to wipe out all organic life he wouldn't need to cook up some bugs to so it.

I'm betting on Eldar manipulation.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Tbh that really doesn't make any sense. The Tyranids are themselves organic, and if the Silent King really wanted to wipe out all organic life he wouldn't need to cook up some bugs to so it.

Yeah, I'd take anything the Eldar say or encourage the Imperium to do about one of their own ancient enemies with a pinch of salt. This seems more like the usual Farseer sleight-of-hand in pushing a preferable focus of the Imperium later through a handful of whispered words in the right ear now.

Flicking through the issue, in the previous section the Inquisitor says that the last time they spoke, the Eldar had said that the Silent King was a figment of her (the Inquistor's) imagination. This led to unfortunate consequences for the translator following the 'bold' reaction of the Inquisitor. The story (and, indeed, every Eldar story ever) already sets out that they speak in riddles and myths open to interpretation only to influence in their favour, not to freely offer information.

Last edited:

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the entire timeline makes zero sense ever since they decided that the Eldar War in Heaven and the Old One / Ctan conflict were the same. There's no time for Khorne / Nurgle / Tzeentch to arise, and it means the Eldar ruled the galaxy for **90 million years** which makes zero sense at all.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017

Once the tyranids killed everything off they would die out - the swarm needs to feed just to survive. I mean, it *would* work as a plan vaguely.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Just in terms of linking a few recent things together, I wonder if the 'shining light of the world' in the story is a reference to Pharos attracting the 'nids to the galaxy (or at least Hive Fleet Behemoth to Ultramar) during the battle there in the Heresy era, (something the Imperium still don't know?). Perhaps thus all this will also link to Cawl's 'current' work there (and everywhere else) with Necrontyr tech.

The thing I find interesting about that is that previously even the Eldar didn't seem to know about the connection between events on Pharos and the arrival of the 'nids later on. Still, it might make sense, even during the Fall, if something of that magnitude in terms of psychic effect didn't escape them and they reasoned it out, and so they make reference to it in their usual metaphorical way.

Last edited:

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Tyranids being able to cross between galaxies means that that's a literally infinite timescale plan lol

They can only cross galaxies if that's where they came from. If it turns out the Silent King created them in the void then maybe they can't?

Not that it matters. Why would he care if they left the Milky Way to go to other galaxies after they devoured all biomass? Doesn't affect him or the Necrons. Heck, they could follow behind them if they wanted claiming anything left behind they wanted!

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
They can only cross galaxies if that's where they came from. If it turns out the Silent King created them in the void then maybe they can't?

Not that it matters. Why would he care if they left the Milky Way to go to other galaxies after they devoured all biomass? Doesn't affect him or the Necrons. Heck, they could follow behind them if they wanted claiming anything left behind they wanted!
Having read the article, it's composed of several pieces.
A) Background fluff states the Silent King encountered, rather than creates, the Tyranids.
B) A Sister Dialogus attempts to unravel his identity from Necrontyr glyphs, but her condition deteriorates, and the Inquisitor wonders if a cryptographic defence mechanism protects the identity of this individual.
C) The inquisitor's own notes suggest this Eldar contact of his is both terrified of and predicting the coming of the Silent King.
D) the final exchange as discussed above, where the Eldar has lied previously and is now talking in metaphor.

Interesting stuff, if a little short. I do like articles comprised of multiple pieces where you have to fill in the gaps though, it's evocative of investigation and leaves them room to manoeuvre in future.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Yeah, just saw the latest White Dwarf myself and the actual article states the Silent King encountered the Tyranids and then returned to the galaxy, seeking to unite the Necrons against the Tyranids and the younger races - he didn't create the Tyranids. People must have focused on the deceptive Eldar bit of fluff for clicks or something. Never trust an Eldar!

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Yeah, just saw the latest White Dwarf myself and the actual article states the Silent King encountered the Tyranids and then returned to the galaxy, seeking to unite the Necrons against the Tyranids and the younger races - he didn't create the Tyranids. People must have focused on the deceptive Eldar bit of fluff for clicks or something. Never trust an Eldar!
This reliance on half-truths and broken narratives is how they influence people :D

Ulbrick

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Nottingham, England
I feel like Gulliman Flesh might have been a bad idea for Kraken Tyranids... Thoughts? StaffyManasse Redcrayon
ZtixutC.jpg

uu5TBDf.jpg

v27dqBf.jpg

rtyanMK.jpg

Still got the red to go, tempted to dry brush it with a white or something - or maybe just yes less next time? :P

Edit: Here's two more from another angle - maybe contrast would help with future ones? Though not sure if I want to buy that.

Edit 2:

my first model, not the best - I always knew I had shaky hands and that's what always made me anxious about getting into this hobby, I used the wrong brush for the muscle/vents etc - but after how not great the skin looked I just sorta thought... Yeah let's get my first model over with lol, I have red sunz scarlet coming but I won't highlight this one.

Gotta be honest with myself etc, get over anxiety at some point, I'm anchoring my elbows to the desk and putting my palms together but still shaking - I'll get my brother to 3D print a mini holder and see if that helps.​

Last edited:

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I feel like Gulliman Flesh might have been a bad idea for Kraken Tyranids... Thoughts? StaffyManasse Redcrayon

Still got the red to go, tempted to dry brush it with a white or something - or maybe just yes less next time? :P

Edit: Here's two more from another angle - maybe contrast would help with future ones? Though not sure if I want to buy that.

Edit 2:

my first model, not the best - I always knew I had shaky hands and that's what always made me anxious about getting into this hobby, I used the wrong brush for the muscle/vents etc - but after how not great the skin looked I just sorta thought... Yeah let's get my first model over with lol, I have red sunz scarlet coming but I won't highlight this one.

Gotta be honest with myself etc, get over anxiety at some point, I'm anchoring my elbows to the desk and putting my palms together but still shaking - I'll get my brother to 3D print a mini holder and see if that helps.
You could try really watering down the Guilliman flesh (either with medium or water) and seeing if you prefer the paler effect over a light undercoat? If not you can always add another thin coat!

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Typed up what the White Dwarf article says about the Silent King and the Tyranids for anyone interested:
Millions of years passed and the galaxy spun on. In the cold and tomb-dark void, Szarekh encountered the Tyranids and saw the potential of their hunger. Szarekh had harboured a hope that the Necrons could return to bodies of flesh and blood, but if the Tyranids consumed the galaxy's biomass, that apotheosis might never happen. His duty was clear. Szarekh had no interest in preserving other civilisations. Their armies and cultures he would happily see swept aside, but he would protect their biological integrity and do everything he could to ensure the Necrons harvested it for their own ascension. They deserved no less from their king.

Szarekh returned to the galaxy to find the Tyranid threat was just one amongst many facing the awakening tomb worlds. Alien races swarmed over the Necrons' former empire as the dynasties awakened in fitful stutters, or else had already fallen to instability. Worse, the warp seeped into the galaxy in a hundred places, the bonds that had resolutely kept it at bay for so long being loosened. In secret, the Silent King made pilgrimage from tomb world to tomb world, shielding his identity, working through unknown Overlords and Crypteks to cultivate a new belief in their ascendancy. The Triarch Praetorians responded to his return, ready and willing to spread his influence even further. With the legions of his own dynasty at his call, Szarekh had the means to conduct large-scale campaigns, though he only fought where absolutely necessary and where complete annihilation of the foe assured his continued concealment. Perceiving the destabilisation of the galactic theatre and the manifold perils of his scattered people, Szarekh applied himself to cyclopean schemes beyond the younger races' comprehension, intended to crush the threat they posed and allow his race to unite against the Tyranids as one.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
That's just one of those throw away lines that they will never expand on. After all, what could be a greater threat than Tyranids / Chaos / Necrons as it stands between them?

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
And that's why they will never give any more detail. Like the Reapers In Mass Effect, the more you know the less interesting it is!

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
H1PSTER I think that looks alright. A light drybrushing with lighter colours might do good, I agree.

One thing about Tyranids is that single one of them does not have to be perfect for them to look awesome when there is alot of them. Just put 20 of those together with matching bases and I guarantee it will look good.

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
Give me Szarekh model plz k thx

Anyways, Battle report time. I and a buddy played a game of 40k. We decided *after* we made our lists that it'd also be a good idea to try ITC rules out for the first time. Why? I dunno. This ended up hurting him a bit more than me because his list was gimmicky as you'll see, but as it was a friendly game, it was still fun overall.

Imperial Guard vs. Death Guard.

I was running a mechanized Death Guard Brigade with Myphetic Blight Haulers, a few Plague Burst Crawlers, a Land Raider (because they're cool!), plague marines, cultists, and a Helbrute. A few Foul Blightspawn piled into the Land Raider to help out and two Daemon Princes also joined in. It was the most CP I had ever had with DG. Yay point drops!

20200117_191737.jpg

20200117_191723.jpg

The opposing Astra Militarum was gimmicky and this was why. Ever seen a Void Shield Generator? No? Neither had I. He decided sit three Baneblade chassis inside it (two normal ones and a Stormlord). Like I said, this was pre-decision to run ITC, but whatever, we were doing it primarily to learn! Just in case you didn't know what the fortification does, it's a 5+ invuln against shooting for everything within 12 inches.

Cool, cool.
20200117_191715.jpg

Death Guard went first and surged forward. DG had Titan Slayers (obviously), Reaper, and Engineers. The cultists hung back to guard two of the objectives with a Plague Marine squad about to (he had an Eversor waiting to drop in). In retrospect, I didn't need to use the PMs on guard duty, but still.

The Death Guard opened up with everything at the Stormlord since it could carry 40 passengers and it was the Baneblade everyone could see. Through a combination of saves, rolling poorly and....well, mostly rolling poorly as the Astra Militarum player also rolled poorly (his 5+ saves were far rarer than they should've been), the Stormlord only fell to 13 wounds. Not good. Even worse, a Techpriest healed the Stormlord back to 15....putting it back into it's main damage track. Damnit.
20200117_213457.jpg

The Astra Militarum responded, flooding forward with guardsmen to try and keep the forces of Nurgle back. They also responded violently, trying to take down their tormentors. The bad offensive luck rolls / good defensive rolls blessed the Death Guard, however, and the Helbrute survived round 1 with two wounds left and the Land Raider survived with 5. Astra Militarum player was, justifiably, pissed. He had Kingslayer, Big Game Hunter, and Engineers, but had started out slow. At least the DG player was getting points just based on wounding the big Bane Blades.

The maneuverability of the Death Guard mechanized forces hurt the Imperials here as the CUTEST LITTLE DAEMON ENGINES EVER drove around the attempted screen by the Guardsmen, even getting into melta range for one. Astropaths actually managed to get a Nightshroud off, but he Stormlord died, absorbing a massive amount of fire....but it still died. This would be the most successful the Astropaths were as subsequent attempts failed or were denied.

Meanwhile, objectives in the center of the map were being taken by the Plague Marines and the defending screen were being eviscerated.
20200117_213450.jpg

The Baneblades closed ranks and opened fire.
20200117_213444.jpg

The Land Raider and Helbrute died, as did one of the Blight Haulers, but at this point the Foul Blightspawns and the rest of the Death Guard were getting closer. The slugging match continued, but the poor defensive rolls of the Astra Militarum did not punish the mediocre rolls of the Death Guard while, defensively, the Death Guard were Death Guard and soaked a disgusting amount of shots.

Another Baneblade detonated after a combined Nurgle's Rot stratagem and withering fire and the game was called. We estimated what the end rounds would bring, point wise, and it would've ended around 30 points for the Death Guard and 14 for the Astra Militarum.

Again, it was a gimmick list from the Guard, but still a fun game overall!

Last edited:

Infi

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys this might interest some in here. Humble bundle have multi language warhammer and 40k books on a bundle. Includes some like the Carrion Throne and Dark Imperium

Link to HumbleBundle

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Reveals from LVO!

Serberys Raiders:
bb03b7e2.jpg

Serberys Sulphurhounds:
31323e82.jpg

Pteraxii:
f3e89a16.jpg

c6249b98.jpg

Rules for these units (and the upcoming Archaeopter!) will be available in Engine War, the latest thrilling instalment in the Psychic Awakening series. This supplement will see the war for the Imperium's soul kick into high gear, as Imperial Knights, Chaos Knights, the Adeptus Mechanicus and Daemons of Chaos battle amidst revelations of hidden sub-cults, twisted schemes and even more surprises…

New Ghazghkull model teased:

A Zoat for Blackstone Fortress! :O

88f5bbaa.jpg

New series of 40K books from Forge World:
Since the release of the Forge World indexes a couple of years ago, Warhammer 40,000 has changed a lot. While the indexes were a great reference resource, we want to give you something even better – which is why the Warhammer 40,000 studio embarked on a project to bring you a series of all-new books with updated rules for these units and armies.

Qin Xa for Horus Heresy White Scars:
be30b09b.jpg

Last edited:

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
Was about to post the Angels of Death teaser trailer.

God, that was awesome! Space Marine voice needs a little work. Just sounds a bit off. Hope they improve it.

God, I hope this show delivers so we can have more Warhammer media.

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
I like how the Mechanicus cavalry look, even though I don't quite think they are very true to the fluff of Adeptus Mechanicus. I mean, why a horse and not just mechanical horse inspired legs on a Skitarii? Sometimes it feels like GW has painted themselves into a corner with their philosophy of coming up with new units to sell more minis, like in the case of various new Space Marine units. Ofc it is working, as their profit marginals tell so I understand it as a business practice.

Some great conversion fodder for some wasteland type deal for sure.

On the other hand I'm soooooo happy they did good with their Sisters range. Here is my Canoness I have been working on. Still waiting for a box of Battle Sisters and Retributors, and I placed an order for an Excorsist. Good times!

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
I literally cannot believe were getting a Zoat model. Not to mention Makari.

(yes, I am weirdly excited for the grot that hasn't been mentioned since 2nd ed)

I am 100% getting that White Scars dude and converting him into an Emperor's Shadows chapter master.

All great revels this time. Even the AOS stuff looks great and I absolutely HATE elves.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Lots of nice models there. Love the visual links on the aelves going back to WFB high elves.

If that's a new Makari I'm interested to see the new Ghazghull. I wasn't a fan of the last one.

Naarmight

Oct 27, 2017
I have been playing Blackstone Fortress with a group of friends, it has been going really well. I need to finish painting more minis though. I was really keen to get the Ambull next as we had been having so much fun with it. That Zoat will also have to be part of it! It brings back so many Rogue Trader memories.
Last year I purchased a bunch of stuff, this year it all needs to be painted!

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
The first member of my Night Lords kill team is othervise done, only base and weathering left and for those I am waiting a shipment of pigments to arrive.

Ulbrick

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Nottingham, England
Um, I've finally gotten all my paints + decided to get a wet palette... I've just spent 2+ hours cutting out three genestealers/filing them down etc - I feel like that was way too long for how little I've done lol.

Anyway, Kraken paint scheme still ago and here's my "set up" lol.

Not seen for some reason: Warp Lightning and Blood Angels Red.

Damn I need to shake some of these pots lol - look at the Magos Purple.

Last edited:

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Um, I've finally gotten all my paints + decided to get a wet palette... I've just spend 2+ hours cutting out three genestealers/filing them down etc - I feel like that was way too long for how little I've done lol.

Anyway, Kraken paint scheme still ago and here's my "set up" lol.

Not seen for some reason: Warp Lightning and Blood Angels Red.

Damn I need to shake some of these pots lol - look at the Magos Purple.
I really enjoy building the models, i'll happily spend an evening just building one, filing and trimming and getting the pose just right!

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
I love building the models too, it's pretty much all I've been doing this year, and converting!

I've realised after priming though that some models still have mold lines - When I first started I read that you should remove them but I thought it just meant the bit left where the parts connect to the spurs.
Some of the mold lines are in stupid places, my skaven plague monks have them down the centre of their faces, I don't want to mess up their faces trying to remove them.

Ulbrick

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Nottingham, England
I really enjoy building the models, i'll happily spend an evening just building one, filing and trimming and getting the pose just right!

I love building the models too, it's pretty much all I've been doing this year, and converting!

I've realised after priming though that some models still have mold lines - When I first started I read that you should remove them but I thought it just meant the bit left where the parts connect to the spurs.
Some of the mold lines are in stupid places, my skaven plague monks have them down the centre of their faces, I don't want to mess up their faces trying to remove them.

Why do Genestealers have to have such crap mould lines 😂😂, I've decided to paint them in sub assemblies too, less to mess up when there's less space on a model to mess up on.

It's nice to do, I agree, and I'm using blutak to figure out poses and stuff so I can pair talons with claws etc.

The only problem I'm having is figuring out if I want to glue the back legs on before painting, or just painting them separately like I am with the arms.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Give me Szarekh model plz k thx

Anyways, Battle report time. I and a buddy played a game of 40k. We decided *after* we made our lists that it'd also be a good idea to try ITC rules out for the first time. Why? I dunno. This ended up hurting him a bit more than me because his list was gimmicky as you'll see, but as it was a friendly game, it was still fun overall.

Imperial Guard vs. Death Guard.

I was running a mechanized Death Guard Brigade with Myphetic Blight Haulers, a few Plague Burst Crawlers, a Land Raider (because they're cool!), plague marines, cultists, and a Helbrute. A few Foul Blightspawn piled into the Land Raider to help out and two Daemon Princes also joined in. It was the most CP I had ever had with DG. Yay point drops!

20200117_191737.jpg

20200117_191723.jpg

The opposing Astra Militarum was gimmicky and this was why. Ever seen a Void Shield Generator? No? Neither had I. He decided sit three Baneblade chassis inside it (two normal ones and a Stormlord). Like I said, this was pre-decision to run ITC, but whatever, we were doing it primarily to learn! Just in case you didn't know what the fortification does, it's a 5+ invuln against shooting for everything within 12 inches.

Cool, cool.
20200117_191715.jpg

Death Guard went first and surged forward. DG had Titan Slayers (obviously), Reaper, and Engineers. The cultists hung back to guard two of the objectives with a Plague Marine squad about to (he had an Eversor waiting to drop in). In retrospect, I didn't need to use the PMs on guard duty, but still.

The Death Guard opened up with everything at the Stormlord since it could carry 40 passengers and it was the Baneblade everyone could see. Through a combination of saves, rolling poorly and....well, mostly rolling poorly as the Astra Militarum player also rolled poorly (his 5+ saves were far rarer than they should've been), the Stormlord only fell to 13 wounds. Not good. Even worse, a Techpriest healed the Stormlord back to 15....putting it back into it's main damage track. Damnit.
20200117_213457.jpg

The Astra Militarum responded, flooding forward with guardsmen to try and keep the forces of Nurgle back. They also responded violently, trying to take down their tormentors. The bad offensive luck rolls / good defensive rolls blessed the Death Guard, however, and the Helbrute survived round 1 with two wounds left and the Land Raider survived with 5. Astra Militarum player was, justifiably, pissed. He had Kingslayer, Big Game Hunter, and Engineers, but had started out slow. At least the DG player was getting points just based on wounding the big Bane Blades.

The maneuverability of the Death Guard mechanized forces hurt the Imperials here as the CUTEST LITTLE DAEMON ENGINES EVER drove around the attempted screen by the Guardsmen, even getting into melta range for one. Astropaths actually managed to get a Nightshroud off, but he Stormlord died, absorbing a massive amount of fire....but it still died. This would be the most successful the Astropaths were as subsequent attempts failed or were denied.

Meanwhile, objectives in the center of the map were being taken by the Plague Marines and the defending screen were being eviscerated.
20200117_213450.jpg

The Baneblades closed ranks and opened fire.
20200117_213444.jpg

The Land Raider and Helbrute died, as did one of the Blight Haulers, but at this point the Foul Blightspawns and the rest of the Death Guard were getting closer. The slugging match continued, but the poor defensive rolls of the Astra Militarum did not punish the mediocre rolls of the Death Guard while, defensively, the Death Guard were Death Guard and soaked a disgusting amount of shots.

Another Baneblade detonated after a combined Nurgle's Rot stratagem and withering fire and the game was called. We estimated what the end rounds would bring, point wise, and it would've ended around 30 points for the Death Guard and 14 for the Astra Militarum.

Again, it was a gimmick list from the Guard, but still a fun game overall!

Might be a bit late to post this but that was a good bat rep. I enjoyed reading it.

I think a lot of AM players focus too much on trying to maximise turn 1 firepower as opposed to anything else. Obviously this was a gimmick list but my point is that because he was so bunched up in one spot, the inevitable failure to table the Death Guard before they reached his lines sealed his boys fates.

My friend plays a mix of chaos battalions rather than purely DeathGuard focused army. But one thing I've learned with my Guardsmen is to never let the Death Guard units get in your face. Once they get that close it's game over for whatever unlucky squad happens to be in front of them. They are too hard to kill at that range.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah if I ever take Celestine I'll mod the hell out of her because that mini is just fugly and a pain in the ass.

Nice cork usage there StaffyManasse :p There's quite a difference in details on the gargoyle/dress from your mini to the picture shown on the Raging Heroes website, holy shit.
Can you detail what you took out/added in for the conversion? She looks amazing. Would love to see the back too!

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah if I ever take Celestine I'll mod the hell out of her because that mini is just fugly and a pain in the ass.

Nice cork usage there StaffyManasse :p There's quite a difference in details on the gargoyle/dress from your mini to the picture shown on the Raging Heroes website, holy shit.
Can you detail what you took out/added in for the conversion? She looks amazing. Would love to see the back too!

Thanks man!

I do like the Celestine miniature, but let's face it. It's a display piece, not a tabletop gaming miniature if you build her as she is. So I feel like Anais here is a good option for when I want to pack up my Sisters and go play.

And yeah, when I build bases I like build some variation of height with the cork. Infantry usually has one layer of cork and characters have two. I want to make it so that each layer is visible. Then I add the other "decorations" (skulls and the like) and bring everything together with sand or in this case, Astrogranite Debris from GW. This step is still missing from the mini as you can see. That is why she is hovering a little at the moment. The base of the mini was univen so clued on a still soft piece of green stuff and then put her on top of it so I could make her level.

So far I have added the wings from a Blood Angels Sanguinary Guard kit and replaced the stock sword with a more 40k looking one. I think the one I used is from the starter set Gravis Captain. She still needs something on her back as the wings kinda just *are* there. I am probably replacing the backpack she came with for something more 40k looking too. I'm hoping the Battle Sister's and Retributor boxes have spare ones. Might add some purity seals and a halo too. She came with two pistol variants, but I'm probably going to leave those out.

I'll take picks from behind when I get that side done!

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still and will always be upset about Celestine turning out like this instead of an updated version of the amazing og design.

I just got my battlesisters squad box, if you want I can post the sprues. Since there's a heavy flamer and a heavy bolter there's bound to be a backpack or two extra.

Thanks, I just got mine from the post office an hour ago. :D

Fun times ahead, tonight!

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Oh! I forgot, please post a size comparison with the new sisters when you're done with your Celestine 2.5!

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
New reveals today!

Skies of Fire and the Taros Air War

The second boxed set for Aeronautica Imperialis is prepping for takeoff, and now we can finally show you the new models for the Imperial Navy – including the Astra Militarum – and the T'au Empire Air Caste!

The Skies of Fire box will include everything you need to play and all the Imperial aircraft included can be combined with your existing Imperial Navy fleet! If you think the weaponry of the T'au Empire is deadly on the ground, just wait until you see the aircraft of the Air Caste! Here's a hint – almost all of them pack railguns and missile pods with unlimited ammo!

Alongside Skies of Fire, there will also be a new campaign book detailing the war to retake the world of Taros from the T'au Empire.

You'll learn all about the history of this conflict with a detailed breakdown of the Air Caste's aircraft and tactics, alongside rules to recreate key battles, including dangerous new missions that take place mere metres above the ground.
34177d03.jpg

e1cccf93.jpg

4f485352.jpg

629c8a08.jpg

Go-liath or Go Home

Necromunda has seen a flood of new releases, and it would seem the sewer sluice gates are wide open with more on the way! With action heating up across the underhive, it's time for some of Necromunda's core gangs to step up their game with some reinforcements, and the Goliaths seem to have pushed their way to the front of the line…

Goliath gangers respect physical strength above all else, and sometimes that results in an obsession with growth and combat chems. Such is the case with the massive Stimmers – over-muscled brutes wielding massive weapons as though they're mere playthings.

At the opposite end of the spectrum are Forge-born – prospects trying to prove their worth to the gang by undertaking the most dangerous missions. Holding underslung weapons with two hands and sporting a lean-and-mean look, these awesome models are sure to find a place amongst your Goliaths.
7080ba70.jpg

1eac589e.jpg

acd02dfc.jpg

The House of Chains is a crucial expansion for all Goliath players, digging deep to explore their might-makes-right culture and offering new options for every level of play.

The House of Chains is a huge update for Goliath gangs, including house alliances, unique scenarios, themed terrain features, and even Slave Ogryn gangs. We'll have more news from the underhive soon.
a31d221c.jpg

Pretty excited to see the new models for the other gangs now, these look cool.

And You Thought 2019 Was a Good Year for Adeptus Titanicus…

Whether you already enjoy stomping your god-machines around the tabletop, or you're just thinking about getting into it, you're going to want the new boxed set for Adeptus Titanicus.

It includes everything you need to start playing – a full rulebook, dice, accessories, and a substantial force composed of two Reavers, two Warhounds and two Cerastus Knights. It's simple to split the box with a friend and start out with balanced forces, and none of these models overlap with the contents of the Grand Master Edition, so existing players can easily expand their Maniples while trying out additional Knights and Titans. Speaking of new Titans…

The Warbringer Nemesis Titan is a completely new class that punches way above its weight, armed with a truly massive back-mounted quake cannon so large it distorts the proportions of the entire upper torso.
8953ca66.jpg

d361fad6.jpg

Equipped by default with an arm-mounted volcano cannon and laser blaster, these secondary weapons are interchangeable with those of Reaver Titans for maximum versatility. We'll let you in on more details soon…

Looking to add a lived-in industrial theme to your tabletop? The Manufactorum Imperialis box is packed full of barrels, cranes, armoured containers – complete with interior detail and doors that can be opened and closed – as well as an assortment of pipelines, generators and silos!

Build a field of industrial bric-a-brac, add them to your Titans as basing material, or mix and match them with other Adeptus Titanicus terrain to create huge facilities.

If you're looking for a new campaign in which to try out all these new goodies, check out Adeptus Titanicus: Shadow and Iron.

This new supplement details the Crusade of Iron following the Betrayal at Calth, expanding on the background for various Legions. It contains rules for the Psi-Titans of Ordo Sinister, new Knight Houses and maniples, narrative missions and campaigns taking place across an entire sub-sector or solar system. There's a lot of content packed into this book – we'll take a deeper look closer to its release.
54f81963.jpg

66e6ac8b.jpg

Last edited:

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
I started to build my Sisters last night and I must say GW were being a little dishonest with their marketing speech on how the well the kits go together and there are multiple options. Well, the way the arms go together there really isn't. Typically you can build "Sister B" with two different arms and "Sister C" with "one of these special weapons". What you can't do, is mix and match the arms and weapons like the older kits. Makes magnetizing a difficult task too, because there are hardly any weapons that clue into the writs, like there used to. Also it seems like there are no extra backpacks.

They look great though!