• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking hell GW, give me an army of these and I will happily buy myself into poverty.
93010f3c.jpg

Honest to god, legitimately well designed female games workshop miniature. Not sure how to cope with something like this!

Last edited:

Naarmight

Oct 27, 2017
How on earth do you get hold of it though?
Will it be at Warhammerfest?
I may have ordered some Valhallans last week....

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Would love some new guard kits, as long as they remain small. Though I think Necrons and Orks need new kits more than Guard.

This. There are so many great regiments out there with their own looks, it's such a shame.

Plastic Elysians, let's go!

They likely won't be Cadian but I have no doubt they'll still be wearing Cadian style flak armor.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
A bit of a random question, is there a mini or a picture of a T'au sword? There are some minis which have swords, which to me look like they're just sheathed; can they be unsheathed or are they just weird weapons that look like that?

Oct 26, 2017
The only Tau blades I can think of are the Dawn Blade (Farsight's sword) which isn't a Tau weapon, and the bonding knives you get with Fire Warriors (and Pathfinders?). They're just sheathed ceremonial daggers.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
There's also the Etherals' honor blades but those are less swords and more polearms.

Bonding knife is probably your best bet for stylistic inspiration.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Thanks, the Bonding Knives were the ones I had in mind, which I always see sheathed, as mentioned. I should have thought of checking the wiki to begin with, but at least now I know what names to look up.

Oct 26, 2017
Any Tau players here have an extra Commander they're looking to part ways with by chance? I bought the new Shadowsun, then quickly realized that I'm not going to use her in my list. I figured I would check if anyone has a Commander they'd trade for her...needing to build myself another Coldstar.

Naarmight

Oct 27, 2017
Aww I thought there was going to be the New Ghazghkull and Ragnar models.

Anyhow, out of interest has anyone picked up any of the Blackstone Fortress expansions? Im getting a lot out of the main game with my friends, and wondered what the general thoughts were.

Quite keen on the Ambull for the old Rogue Trader feels. Not too sure about the rest though. Love the models for Escalation, not sure how that will work as it seems to be a new set of Characters. (Im not sure my friends will be interested in changing for a fresh character)

Infi

Oct 27, 2017
Aww I thought there was going to be the New Ghazghkull and Ragnar models.
These are the new Ghazghkull and Ragnar models

The greatest Ork Warboss of the 41st Millennium managed to do what no one in the galaxy could manage – effectively kill Ragnar Blackmane, one of the Imperium's greatest heroes. He didn't have the fight all his own way though as Ragnar did manage to chop his head off. Of course, such a flesh wound wasn't enough to stop the self-proclaimed prophet of Gork and Mork.

This just seems funny to me

Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely adore the models, they're my two favourite characters from my two favourite factions. It's like an expensive Christmas for me.

This just seems funny to me

Yeah that got a chuckle out of me - Ragnar with a missing arm and broken neck, presumed dead and Ghaz literally decapitated, and both of them are straight back to it, looking for round 2.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Love the new Ghaz model. Was planning to make my own Warboss conversion one day for my future Orks and as soon as I saw the model I was like "how am I supposed to top this?" So Ghaz it is then lol.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Sorry for the lack of updates from me lately, I'm just home from a wedding and holiday in Bolivia, seems I missed some cool stuff!

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the lack of updates from me lately, I'm just home from a wedding and holiday in Bolivia, seems I missed some cool stuff!
I gotta admit, I've been thinking "Wow, Gareth is slipping." lately, haha!

And yeah, there's been a ton of good stuff, The House of Blades and the witch elves Underworlds in particular. I think I'll be getting that warband!

Edit : I wish GW was following the same process with Kill Team, releasing teams with special models.

Oct 26, 2017
I just got off the waitlist for Adepticon for the Long War Doubles. I didn't expect to make it, but I bet a ton of people are canceling because of coronavirus fears. Think I'll skip too

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
8e81d829.jpg

Like a lot of people upon seeing this reveal I immediately want to run her as an Inquisitor; but I have no idea how to run the doggo as anything.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
All the new Escher announcements for Necromunda look great too. I am so happy to see that game getting continuous updates and love.

Oct 26, 2017
Adepticon officially canceled. A very wise decision:

Since the very first AdeptiCon, held eighteen years ago, we've made it clear that the highest priority, in any consideration, would always be the attendees. Over the years, we have done our best to be loyal to this principle. With our incredible staff, volunteers, organizers, and instructors, AdeptiCon has been proud to host our annual hobby celebration with a continued emphasis on creating an amazing experience for our attendees. It is with that priority in mind that we have decided, after many hours of internal conversation and consultation with the venue, hotels, and various local authorities, that the health and well-being of our attendees and the public must come first. While we continued planning and did everything in our power to see AdeptiCon run as normal, we are now following both government guidance and our own judgement concerning the COVID-19 virus in cancelling the 2020 convention scheduled for March 25th-29th.

We understand that this will impact all of you. It also impacts our exhibitors, staff, the venue, and the local community. It is not a decision we have made lightly; it is a decision based entirely on keeping people safe and healthy. It goes without saying that no one is more heartbroken about this situation than the AdeptiCon team. We look forward to seeing all of you every year, sharing our love of the hobby and revisiting friendships cultivated over years of the convention.

The AdeptiCon staff is already vigorously working on details around issuing requests for credits/refunds, the handling of prepaid merchandise, badge upgrades and other related items. We will provide to our attendees and exhibitors final plans to address the unprecedented circumstances that the COVID-19 virus has thrust upon us by April 15th or sooner. Your patience is appreciated during this time as we finalize the necessary details and logistics.

It is important to understand that the AdeptiCon team remains committed to this event. With your help, we will be able to return to providing you with the greatest tabletop gaming event experience around. We are very determined to see AdeptiCon return, thrive, and run long into the future. And we will remain focused, as always, on our most important priority, the attendees.

Sincerely,
AdeptiCon Staff
"For Gamers, By Gamers"

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
It's the right call. I wonder what GW is going to do now about the huge 2 hour long studio preview they planned though? Are they going to just hold onto all that info and release it at a later time? Or are they going to do a Nintendo Direct style showcase?

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking hell GW, give me an army of these and I will happily buy myself into poverty.
93010f3c.jpg

They're not the same thing but VictoriaMiniatures have been great in supplementing my Guard armies with female models.

Svargan-female-icon_e93f1a5f-a8b4-4c2c-be94-644b99a0649c_1000x.jpg

Adepticon-pilot-2_1000x.jpg

color-sgt-2_1000x.jpg

victoriaminiatures.com

Victoria Miniatures by Victoria Lamb

Fantasy gaming miniatures for gamers and collectors cast in fine detail resin ready to assemble and paint in the colors of your army regiment

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
Hey everyone,

So a friend of mine is starting to get into Warhammer 40k. He got himself some minatures and had a ton of fun putting them together, and honestly, that does sound fun! He's got a squad of five guys that came in a pack, so I'm thinking of doing the same and then we can like battle or whatever. I honestly don't know the rules or anything.

The problem is, the Warhammer site that sells this stuff is awful, and I'm having a bitch of a time searching for grouped figures in a specific price range (under $50 would be nice). I don't even know what I want exactly, since I"m just going with "rule of cool." Never painted anything like this before, but I got a neighbor who has, so I can get advice from him. Probably borrow some of his better brushes too.

Guys got any recommendations? The rats are kind of neat. Typically looking more for horror-style stuff, or just really strange shit. Otherwise, if there are better sites to shop/buy/search, I'd just take those too. I skimmed the OP but man, that's a lot of info there :P

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the "First Strike" starter set?
Intended for people new to the game; $40 and you get 15 dudes (Ultramarine Space Marines vs Death Guard Chaos Marines); the Death Guard is definitely "horror/weird"

you mentioned rats; I imagine you mean the Skaven? They are part of Age of Sigmar (the fantasy game) and aren't usable in 40K (the sci-fi game).

Age of Sigmar has a starter set as well; has 15 minis for $40. Stormcast Eternals (uhh magic knights) vs Nighthaunt (undead ghosts)

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
Maybe the "First Strike" starter set?
Intended for people new to the game; $40 and you get 15 dudes (Ultramarine Space Marines vs Death Guard Chaos Marines); the Death Guard is definitely "horror/weird"

you mentioned rats; I imagine you mean the Skaven? They are part of Age of Sigmar (the fantasy game) and aren't usable in 40K (the sci-fi game).

Age of Sigmar has a starter set as well; has 15 minis for $40. Stormcast Eternals (uhh magic knights) vs Nighthaunt (undead ghosts)

Oh that second set is pretty cool! Man these guys do good monster designs.

I'm a fan of this set https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Wracks-2014 and the rest of the army is pretty spiffy based on what I've seen. Wish these weren't so expensive, but still well within my allotted budget. Probably sleep on it just to make sure though :P

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
A little outside your price range, but the "Start Collecting" sets typically go for $90-$100 but usually net you about a 30% discount over buying stuff separately. Also most are set up with a basic troop + a leader, which are things you will need if you start collecting an army for real

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
A little outside your price range, but the "Start Collecting" sets typically go for $90-$100 but usually net you about a 30% discount over buying stuff separately. Also most are set up with a basic troop + a leader, which are things you will need if you start collecting an army for real
Makes sense. I guess I mostly want an excuse to paint something and hang out with my friend :P which to be fair, we can do without an excuse. But I got my tax return and this seems fun.

I like the tyranids or whatever they're called, but I wish they didn't look so copy/pasted in bulk :( Fun monsters, but they just don't have much personality to them.

Oct 26, 2017
Is there an army out there that can ignore negs to hit? That has to be the most unfun mechanic to play against.

Orks can kind of get around it in that a natural 6+ always hits and also generates another attack. Considering they're usually only hitting on 5+, being reduced to 6+ with negative modifiers isn't all that much of a big deal, and most of their weapons are tuned towards sheer number of shots getting the hits you need anyway.

There's also a stratagem you can use so that the same as above applies to 5+ (5s and 6s always hit and both generate an extra hit roll). I've seen more than a few instances of tankbustas and the likes scoring more hits than they can even fire using that rule/stratagem combo.