Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Oct 28, 2019
www.ign.com

Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2 Announced, Will be 'Twice as Big' as the Original: ‘A Behemoth of a Game’ - IGN

Warhorse Studios has announced Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2, the sequel to its popular first-person RPG set in medieval Bohemia. Here are the first details on the world, the story, and much more.

But when asked if Warhorse's philosophy had changed at all for the sequel, or if it would incorporate more stories like the original game's DLC, A Woman's Lot, Stolz-Zwilling told IGN, "The story and plot of KCD has evolved—it's darker, deeper, and more cinematic, yet also crueler with pivotal decisions and plot twists that challenge the players's conscience. Nevertheless, it retains its humor and down-to-earth approach. As mentioned already, Henry is embarking on a journey from the countryside and local quarrels to a relatively Cosmopolitan city. that is besieged and occupied by the invading king. Naturally, in a place like this, people can expect a wide range of ethnicities and different characters that Henry will meet on his journey.

"We are trying to depict a realistic, immersive, and believable medieval world that is being reconstructed to the best of our knowledge. And naturally to achieve that we are not only having our own in-house historian, but we are very closely working together with universities, historians, museums, reenactors, and a group of experts from different ethnicities or religious beliefs that we are actively incorporating into development as external advisors."

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Game looks great as expected but

8q5oUb3.png

smells-bad-philip-blake.gif

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
They chose a nice thumbnail for the trailer video. That scene piked my interesest in the live presentation.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
excited to play this year! I may end up replaying the first game, I haven't played it since I finished it at launch and I never fnished the DLCs

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
it's looking really fucking good, and i can't wait to be with henry on his journey to knighthood in this, all the way from his village boy life from the first game

i have been to Kuttenberg irl so cant wait to experience the 15th century version :)

Nyaghoggua

Apr 3, 2024
The first game is my favorite game of all time but I wonder if this will have the same appeal with the continued protagonist. I enjoyed learning to read, learning to fight, learning to live in medieval times from scratch. Doesn't seem like you'll be doing that in the new game.

Time to replay the first one.

Ruken

Oct 29, 2017
Looks incredible. Twice the map size of the original, but sounded like it'd be split into two maps? Countryside and Kutenburg

Shivam

Sep 17, 2022
Looks pretty good, big cities, better visually than KCD1, crossbows and firearms… Day 1

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Not played the first game but it is £3.49 on UK PSN at the moment.

Might nab it for that price.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
FYI The Royal edition of the first game is $5 on PSN. Heard it's a bit rough but will def give it a shot

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
would recommend people check out the full presentation as well since there's a lot more snippets/scenes of the game in that one that isn't in the trailer, plus you get to hear an amazing track from the OST (and first game's OST was epic as fuck, same guy that is doing it - Jan Valta)

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
This looks sooo good.

Dragon's Dogma II, Factorio: Space Age and this game. What a year.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The first game is my favorite game of all time but I wonder if this will have the same appeal with the continued protagonist. I enjoyed learning to read, learning to fight, learning to live in medieval times from scratch. Doesn't seem like you'll be doing that in the new game.

yeh, I wonder if they do some sort of amnesia thing.

Rose

Feb 2, 2019
Given all the recent attempts to create Gamergate 2.0, boycotting the Gamergate & "no non-white people in Europe" proponent is more important than ever.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Looks interesting, i wonder if they can keep the magic of learning everything from the first game now that the MC has learned most skills

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Always wanted to play the first one but kept holding off hoping for a current-gen update. Sequel looking good.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Given all the recent attempts to create Gamergate 2.0, boycotting the Gamergate & "no non-white people in Europe" proponent is more important than ever.

Naturally, in a place like this, people can expect a wide range of ethnicities and different characters that Henry will meet on his journey.

www.ign.com

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II Interview: New Setting Will Feature 'Wide Range of Ethnicities and Different Characters' - IGN

In the first interview following the announcement of Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2, Warhorse Studios shed more light on the map size, the decision to stay with the CryEngine, its approach to historical accuracy, and more.

GulfCoastZilla

Shinra Employee
Sep 13, 2022
That fish eye lens putting in work.
Game has some pretty unique combat for a first person game.

Looks grounded as fuck still, which is always a nice palette cleanser. Will keep an eye out for more news.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Daniel Vavra is a gamergater piece of shit and giving him money helps him to maintain his platform, so I'm not going to be doing that.

Rose

Feb 2, 2019
www.ign.com

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II Interview: New Setting Will Feature 'Wide Range of Ethnicities and Different Characters' - IGN

In the first interview following the announcement of Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2, Warhorse Studios shed more light on the map size, the decision to stay with the CryEngine, its approach to historical accuracy, and more.

The presence of a trans character in a certain wizard game didn't override the problem of supporting the transphobe behind it.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Stolz-Zwilling: Kuttenberg is a huge metropolitan city that at the time competed with Prague (the capital of the kingdom) – probably even outshined it in most aspects. In KCD II, we don't spawn NPCs—everyone has their home, job, fun activities, and so on. So you can imagine that a city that now has hundreds of NPCs populating it—with all the features I mentioned—is a challenge in itself. As a little fun fact… we ran out of beds for people in the city, so some need to leave the city by night and populate the outside areas to find shelter. But generally, Kuttenberg is an important silver mining city, and a big part of the KCD2 questline takes place there so players can really look forward to a huge playground of mystery, excitement, adventure but also danger!
This thing is gonna be killing CPU's.

Yes, we have two maps now, each approximately the size of the first game.

hot damn.

WackoWambo

Jan 11, 2018
Posted in the other thread as well:

I know many were late to this game. (Or didn't play on launch)

On launch, this KCD was one of the most demanding hardware wise and not even top tier could power through it without dips. (I played and loved it even with issues, but I got anywhere from 15-40 frames)

It took about 2 years for them to fix the issues and get it less demanding, as well as reworked some gameplay elements, similar to the Witcher 3.

You're likely going to need whatever the beefiest PC is to play this at launch, and if you don't, maybe just best to hold off for a year or so.

An example (you can google the state the game launched in) https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/t/why-is-this-game-still-unoptimised/60589

Also lmao at people in the 2018 forums complaining their $600 GPU didn't give them 60FPS, if only they knew where prices would go.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017

yeh, I wonder if they do some sort of amnesia thing.

Yeah being someone who literally didn't even know how to read, or fight at all was a great appeal to the first. I wonder what sort of new things Henry will need to learn to keep that style of things going? Or yeah maybe he gets hit on the head really hard, and forgets a lot of stuff.

Mango Pilot

Alt account
Banned
Apr 8, 2024
Posted in the other thread as well:

I know many were late to this game. (Or didn't play on launch)

On launch, this KCD was one of the most demanding hardware wise and not even top tier could power through it without dips. (I played and loved it even with issues, but I got anywhere from 15-40 frames)

It took about 2 years for them to fix the issues and get it less demanding, as well as reworked some gameplay elements, similar to the Witcher 3.

You're likely going to need whatever the beefiest PC is to play this at launch, and if you don't, maybe just best to hold off for a year or so.

An example (you can google the state the game launched in) https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/t/why-is-this-game-still-unoptimised/60589

Also lmao at people in the 2018 forums complaining their $600 GPU didn't give them 60FPS, if only they knew where prices would go.
If its launching this year I would hope a 7800x3d would be enough.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
It looks incredible and I can't believe it's being released this year. I guess I'll be forced to upgrade to a 4090 sooner than I thought.
Interesting it's Adults Only on Steam.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
The first game is easily in my top 10 favorite games of all time i am extremely excited to get my hands on this the footage from the trailer looks absolutely stunning.

Morten88

Dec 22, 2019
Holy shit this looks good! Loved the first game, just hoping this one wont have as many bugs.

Day 1 for sure!

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
KCD still has some of the best nature & wilderness design this side of RDR2, but this is next level. My god.

I was somewhat skeptical about continuing on has Henry despite loving the character, but I really dig this direction of a noticeably aged version who's continued his rise. Instant GOTY contender for me, but I won't be shocked if it slips into 2025. Like the first game, polish and QA with a game of this scale & complexity is going to be a Herculean task.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
Never finished the first game, but I was a fan of that dork Henry so I'm glad to see he's still going.

OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
Could probably be the The Witcher 2 moment for Warhorse Studios. This looks grand in every single way.

The first KC:D was a remarkable achievement. Here's to hoping it's more of the same, and more.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know how/why they wouldn't patch their PS4/Xbox1 version to have the framerate unlocked, going into the release of the sequal.