• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I told myself I'd buy it at $20 yet here I am still apprehensive about it.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i don't think anyone thought this was gonna flop this hard when it was announced.
i am a little bit surprised that there's still so much stock left, they must have WAY overestimated the demand for this and produce a fuck ton of units for launch, since there's no way they made any post-launch.

Last edited:

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Did say I'll buy one when it's 20. Done.

I want to replay Digimon World 1 and 3. I no longer have a working PS 1 or 2.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
I picked it up, seems easy to mod. If not, Revelations: Persona & FF7 will keep me busy when I'm bored. Only thing I'm worried about is no Dualstick, did any later era JRPGs use the dualstick? I ran into this issue with the PSP too.

Edit: USB inputs, I'll thrive.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
At this point, i'll just get it for the USB controller to use on PC with a much better PSX emulator like Bettle PSX and toss the actual classic to the dumpster.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
WOW I better hurry up before this VERY HOT item which is in very GREAT DEMAND sells out forever

jman0625

One Winged Slayer
Dec 18, 2017
Can you fix the horrible emulation through modding? What systems can the console run? I heard about the potential of PSP?

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
It's insane that this failed so hard compared to the NES and SNES Classics.

I mean, not with how the product ended up being, but in concept.

KamenSenshi

Nov 27, 2017
It's insane that this failed so hard compared to the NES and SNES Classics.

I mean, not with how the product ended up being, but in concept.
Well, it is missing a lot of the games people would associate with PlayStation at that time. I can understand no Gran Turismo but they should have gotten Tomb Raider or Crash to tie into the collection, definitely Wipeout, or even Captain Blasto.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Yeah, hows the modding on this? I'll get one if the modding is worth the value.
Beat bang for the buck if you're modding it, hands down. Better results than Raspberry Pi, AND cheaper than Raspberry Pi. If you order now, we will throw in a nostalgic "PlayStation enclosure" for free. But wait, there's more! If you order now, we will throw in a second USB Controller! All this for $19.99! Plus S&H

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Well, it is missing a lot of the games people would associate with PlayStation at that time. I can understand no Gran Turismo but they should have gotten Tomb Raider or Crash to tie into the collection, definitely Wipeout, or even Captain Blasto.

If the emulation wasn't garbage I would have bought it at $50ish, but the poor selection of games coupled with the poor emulation make this a novelty at best.

Aine

May 27, 2019

Not entirely Sony's fault, given the legal red tape around several of those franchises.

Well damn, that just sweetens the deal even more for me.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
i don't think anyone thought this was gonna flop this hard when it was announced.
i am a little bit surprised that there's still so much stock left, they must have WAY overestimated the demand for this and produce a fuck ton of units for launch, since there's no way they made any post-launch.

I just don't think the nostalgia market is there for PS1 like it is for Genesis and Nintendo

BlinkBlank

Oct 27, 2017
Ahhhh, I'll buy it at a high price!
Seriously though, will see if I can pick one up tomorrow. For $20, it's worth it.